Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 107,418
    fintail said:

Saw a new style Z4

And what did you think?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• tjc78tjc78 South JerseyPosts: 8,285
    the wife was just talking about turning the heat back on tonight. I told her to suck it up. In slightly nicer terms

You have been married longer than me and can get away with that!   :smile:

2017 Buick Enclave / 2017 Hyundai Elantra

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 25,613
    stickguy said:
    the wife was just talking about turning the heat back on tonight. I told her to suck it up. In slightly nicer terms. Just walked the dog, and grabbed a pair of gloves out of the closet. crazy, considering next week is prime time to start opening pools.
    Opened mine on Sat, and got a sunburn in the process. Rain hasn’t stopped since. Excellent timing on my part.

'18 BMW 330xi; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 47-car history and counting!

• fintailfintail Posts: 47,389
    It's a car. Didn't notice if it had turn signals or not B)

I suspect the Supra variant might have those more.
    Michaell said:

fintail said:

Saw a new style Z4

And what did you think?
  • texasestexases Posts: 8,757
    edited May 14
    Saw my first Audi A5 4-door sportback. From what I can tell it's a fastback A4, without a hatchback. Nice looking, but I'd go for the A4.
    texases said:

Saw my first Audi A5 4-door sportback. From what I can tell it's a fastback A4, without a hatchback. Nice looking, but I'd go for the A4.

It is a hatchback

'18 BMW 330xi; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 47-car history and counting!

Yeah, I was just about to come here and correct that. The only pic I could find on the Audi site seemed to show a trunk support on the cropped photo, but I've since found other pics.
  • thebeanthebean Parts UnknownPosts: 962
    I have seen 7 different Maserati Ghiblis (all different colors) in the past month or so in my little town just north of Plano, Texas (where a Maserati dealership resides). I’m amazed that there are that many people buying a Maserati.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2017 Honda Civic EX-T
    Have you also notice the large number of MB G-wagons? More than I've ever seen (I'm in far north Dallas).
    I've seen 2015 model Ghibli (virtually indistinguishable from a new one) down to around 25K now. I still wouldn't go for it.

When I was used G-Wagen browsing, I did notice many were in TX, including a blue one I actually inquired about, but it had sold a few hours prior.
    texases said:

Have you also notice the large number of MB G-wagons? More than I've ever seen (I'm in far north Dallas).

@texases, I don’t think I’ve seen any more than one or two G-wagons here in several years of looking. I see quite a few older ones when we go to Santa Fe, which makes sense as a company there was the sole importer of gray market ones for a long while before MB started offering them stateside.
    edited May 14
    I'm seeing 1 or more a week here, sometimes 2 in a day.
    fintail said:
    I've seen 2015 model Ghibli (virtually indistinguishable from a new one) down to around 25K now. I still wouldn't go for it. When I was used G-Wagen browsing, I did notice many were in TX, including a blue one I actually inquired about, but it had sold a few hours prior.
    Can get a 2012 QP for even a few bucks less. I’d much rather opt for that.

I might save up and get a new style one, not insanely more expensive (I think 2014s can easily be found well under 40K), and maybe easier to live with. The 00s style car, while pretty, is also pretty dated inside, and I can't believe is anything but a maintenance gongshow.
    qbrozen said:

Can get a 2012 QP for even a few bucks less. I’d much rather opt for that.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 117,101
    Durango SRT, blowing by me on I-75.

Aggressive looking, from front and rear.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

texases said:

@texases You must be in that high tone Preston Hollow/Highland Park area. Up here in the ‘burbs, that’s a bit rich for our blood. B)
  • berriberri Posts: 9,768
    G- Wagons - Texas Militia? B)
    thebean said:

texases said:

@texases You must be in that high tone Preston Hollow/Highland Park area. Up here in the ‘burbs, that’s a bit rich for our blood. B)
    Nope, almost in Plano. That's why it caught my attention over the last four or so months...
  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 10,045
    I saw a M-B A250 hatch today in traffic for the first time. I was surprised at how good it looked.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

Something else, like the C and E53 wagons seen in Loonieland that apparently are too cool for Murka.
    Ah, I wasn't sure if they were sold south of the border or not. Certainly looked much better than the old B-series bread vans they tried selling here 10 years or so back.

A-class:

B-class:

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

• stickguystickguy Posts: 32,072
    I like that A class. Sharp.

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

The only thing about the A-class I am iffy about is the dash, which looks like several other current MB models. I actually like the "glass cockpit" digital instruments and screens, but the round vents, the shiny black plastic and some other parts look a bit boy-racerish to me and I'm not a fan of the look.

That specific vent design is a coupe thing, I think MB is trying to inject the pretense of sport into the car - the brand has been doing that throughout the range, and I can't say I support it all. That car also has the fancier style steering wheel also seen in coupes and AMG models, and it's a nice unit.

The full digital gauges being standard is a cool thing and a hint at the future. I think the display may be unique to this model, as it seems shorter in height than the screen in the E or S. The screen being very exposed with a thin bezel makes me a little leery.

The B eventually came to the US, but only as an electric, and I think it has been a slow seller.

Saw 2x new Navigators on the road yesterday. Bling bling.
    Saw a Stelvio. Nothing special ... until it drove past me. It was a quadrifoglio.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 13,490
    Saw a GMC pickup with that multi function tailgate. Pricy truck.
    Also, a new Leaf parked across the street. Much more mainstream looking now.
    2017 Ford Fusion SE 2017 Ford F-150 Limited
    Saw a new Lexus LS500 today. Wow, have they made their flagship sedan low. I think it was about as low as the wife’s Civic, which is not easy for me to get into.
    Saw a BMW X7, ,"driver" had a phone in their hand because of course. Also saw a new style G-Wagen, I think only the 2nd or 3rd I've seen on the road.
  • tjc78tjc78 South JerseyPosts: 8,285
    fintail said:

Saw a BMW X7, ,"driver" had a phone in their hand because of course. Also saw a new style G-Wagen, I think only the 2nd or 3rd I've seen on the road.

Guess they didn’t order Bluetooth. :disappointed: :smile:

2017 Buick Enclave / 2017 Hyundai Elantra