Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• berriberri Posts: 10,140
    Personally, I think the whole dealership thing needs to be re-evaluated by the manufacturer's. They often more alienate, then inspire buyers. The manufacturers may be better off with small showrooms in retail areas where people can test drive a vehicle and order one directly. The trade in function can really be handled by the Carmax's of the world these days. Manufacturer's can also set up warranty contracts with repair shops they certify. It just doesn't seem essential in today's market to have large, costly dealerships and their often offensive F&I people.
  • bhill2bhill2 Posts: 2,036
    fintail said:

Paranoid people will pay good money for the false pretense of "safety". Probably big with new hoverparents too.

It's worse than that. A potentially costly innovation with dubious value? California will have a law mandating it within a year.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv. (RIP 2001 Jaguar XK8 cnv and 1985 MB 380SE [the best of the lot])

• fintailfintail Posts: 48,082
    Saw another Uterus today, or probably the same one, garish in white with black wheels and yellow calipers. Makes a AMG G look tasteful.

I could see idiot safety nannies mandating the blinking CHMSL.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 3,436
    There's a Urus in the showroom of my Jag dealer. Now, what was traded for a Urus??? Maybe it's the owner's, looking to flip.

'13 Jaguar XF, possibly my favorite of all the cars I've owned. But, my '09 Jag XK was a beauty, as was my '05 Acura TL, '88 Acura Integra, '84 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo & '78 VW Scirocco (my first!). And, of course, the '92 Nissan Sentra SE-R and '95 Saab 900s I bought for the ex... Ok, I like a lot of the cars in my life.

Got behind an RX with a blinking CHMSL today, and not a minute later then got behind a Corolla with a blinking CHMSL. Most aggravating new feature I can recall, loathsome to the core.
  • sdasda Indian Land, SCPosts: 2,850
    I haven’t seen many blinking CHMSL here, but I’m sure we will. I haven’t looked at the dimensions but it looks like the new Corolla is bigger, like the current Civic.

2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2013 Honda Accord EX, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

Something tells me that dealer add on blinker will be a problem down the road, especially in damp climates.
    Makes me want to get a hammer out and have fun.

New Corolla is an every day sight here now. Inoffensive, invisible, just what the demographic wants. Not as "bold" as other Toyolex design monstrosities.
    I don't know if Toyota is going to continue to get top dollar much longer. HyunKia is putting out very nice new stuff with a lot more value for the buck and Toyota, as well as Honda, don't have that prior big lead in quality and reliability anymore as others are closing the gap. I recently looked at a new Kia Telluride and it seems to really spank the Highlander and Pilot, both as a vehicle and as a value proposition.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 33,349
    I have never seen a blinking 3rd brake light.

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 121,702
    stickguy said:

I have never seen a blinking 3rd brake light.

$499 accessory on all VWs where I got the Jetta.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

I've mostly seen them out west
  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 10,879
    Are the blinking high-mounted brake lights an actual full assembly or just a different bulb that replaces the OE one?

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 121,702
    ab348 said:

Are the blinking high-mounted brake lights an actual full assembly or just a different bulb that replaces the OE one?

I honestly don't know what it is. Probably a kit of some sort

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

They are some kind of circuit thing that dealers use as another dealer pack to jack up list price. Claim the fast blinking light prevents accidents, but don't really see any validation of that.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 13,744
    Not sure how effective the blinking brake lights are, kind of remind me of those randomly flashing trailer lights you see behind a semi, at times.
    2017 Ford Fusion SE 2017 Ford F-150 Limited
    I wonder if some who aren't used to them just stare at them and end up rear ending the car???
    They make me think of someone brake checking,
    Saw a new-style E450 wagon in traffic locally, Selenite Gray outside, black inside. Impressive-looking vehicle though the paint color didn't do much for me. Seriously expensive here, probably well north of $80K in worthless Canadian dollars.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

How about a chrome wrapped Model X? Yes, they do exist.
    You can load em up well past $90K in overvalued greenbacks. Funny, with exchange rate shenanigans and different option groupings, such cars spec for spec are often a bit cheaper north of the border.
    ab348 said:

Saw a new-style E450 wagon in traffic locally, Selenite Gray outside, black inside. Impressive-looking vehicle though the paint color didn't do much for me. Seriously expensive here, probably well north of $80K in worthless Canadian dollars.

berri said:

They are some kind of circuit thing that dealers use as another dealer pack to jack up list price. Claim the fast blinking light prevents accidents, but don't really see any validation of that.

I think something like this would be far more effective and pleasant to look at.

• stickguystickguy Posts: 33,349
    JC Whitney catalog?

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

Not sure, but since it offers only "acrylon-like fur" and not REAL acrylon I would guess so. :p

The idea behind the CHMSL? :)
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 4,513
    Yesterday I saw a new Cadillac XT4 on the road, which I thought was a good looking car.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • thebeanthebean Parts UnknownPosts: 1,125
    Saw a Maserati Levante yesterday. Not sure why Maseratis are so popular in pickup obsessed North Texas.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2017 Honda Civic EX-T
  • tjc78tjc78 South JerseyPosts: 8,862
    New Supra in white. Wife was like, that’s a Toyota?

2017 Buick Enclave / 2017 Hyundai Elantra (for a little longer) / 2019 Volvo S60 T6 Inscription

BMYota or ToyMW.
    Now Fin, your first new Supra name would seem to convey the Supra is a POS , at least in medical terms B)