Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 127,999
    edited September 4
    I’d buy one of these.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• stickguystickguy Posts: 33,314
    Looks look Eva slightly squished Volvo C30. I like it. New scirocco?

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

Yup

Edmunds Moderator

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America I70 & I75 Posts: 23,610
    fintail said:

Got behind an RX with a blinking CHMSL today, and not a minute later then got behind a Corolla with a blinking CHMSL. Most aggravating new feature I can recall, loathsome to the core.

I've seen a few of those that blink 3 times and then switch to steady burn. I assumed they were manufacturer OEM on certain models.

The first car that I saw that did something similar was a Mercedes maybe 15 years ago. The taillights blinked once brighter than normal as the brake pedal was depressed. This is long ago, but it seemed I read something about that occurred if the brake was hit harder than average as in an emergency stop mode.

2015 Cruze 2LT, 2014 Malibu 2LT, 2008 Cobalt 2LT

• laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 3,433
    kyfdx said:

Yup

My first love, I mean, car. Ok, same thing!

'13 Jaguar XF, possibly my favorite of all the cars I've owned. But, my '09 Jag XK was a beauty, as was my '05 Acura TL, '88 Acura Integra, '84 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo & '78 VW Scirocco (my first!). And, of course, the '92 Nissan Sentra SE-R and '95 Saab 900s I bought for the ex... Ok, I like a lot of the cars in my life.

• texasestexases Posts: 8,921
    edited September 5

kyfdx said:

Yup

My first love, I mean, car. Ok, same thing!
    Same here, mine was a '79, black like this, stripe included:

• sdasda Indian Land, SCPosts: 2,850
    I always liked those, and they even had a plaid interior like the later GTI. I’ve owned multiple VWs from 79-06. I had a good relationship with a VW salesman that I bought or referred to many times. When ever a new model would be introduced he would call or send me a note to come drive it. When the Corrado was introduced and had the supercharged engine I was excited to drive it. It was coarse and not very satisfying to drive and was expecting much more. What a difference the VR6 made!

2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2013 Honda Accord EX, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

My '78 was white over black, with Recaro seats. I was none too pleased that VW took styling in house for the second gen Scirocco, the exterior was a bit too bulbous for me. The most recent iterations look pretty good, though!

'13 Jaguar XF, possibly my favorite of all the cars I've owned. But, my '09 Jag XK was a beauty, as was my '05 Acura TL, '88 Acura Integra, '84 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo & '78 VW Scirocco (my first!). And, of course, the '92 Nissan Sentra SE-R and '95 Saab 900s I bought for the ex... Ok, I like a lot of the cars in my life.

My biggest regret from 1977, is that I didn't steal $1000, so that I could get a Scirocco, instead of a Cobra II

Edmunds Moderator

• texasestexases Posts: 8,921
    You can imagine the improvement in driving fun I had, coming from a '72 Duster with a 198 slant 6!
    kyfdx said:

My biggest regret from 1977, is that I didn't steal $1000, so that I could get a Scirocco, instead of a Cobra II

But, Mustang 2, boredom 0!
    I loved my Scirocco, as did rust. So light and tossable. Purty, too.

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 121,521
    kyfdx said:

I could've used that same $1000 in 1991 to get a Sentra SE-R, rather than the SE I ended up getting

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 10,858
    I used to know a girl named Aura Lee who had a 2nd-gen Scirocco. Fun car, fun gal.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

I could've used that same $1000 in 1991 to get a Sentra SE-R, rather than the SE I ended up getting
    Bought the ex a '92 Sentra SE-R. Taught her to drive the stick, which carried over to the '95 Saab 900. Alas, that was the last stick for me/us. To this date...

same here. $1k might have upgraded me from the 1985 Colt GTS (turbo package, sans turbo) to a GTI or Corolla SR5

• thebeanthebean Parts UnknownPosts: 1,121
    Saw a TSX A-Spec today in Royal Blue with what looked like red interior. I was behind it at a stop light, so the interior color was a bit hard to see with the tint. Looked sharp.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2017 Honda Civic EX-T
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 121,521

Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

Bought the ex a '92 Sentra SE-R. Taught her to drive the stick, which carried over to the '95 Saab 900. Alas, that was the last stick for me/us. To this date...
    My other choice in '91 was the Civic Si. However, insurance guy told me it would be more expensive than the Sentra.

In retrospect, I should have convinced the then-wife that we needed to spring for the SE-R

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• andres3andres3 Southern CAPosts: 10,957

Old School Silver vs. Modern Silver

'16 Audi TTS quattro 2.0T, '15 Audi A4 quattro 2.0T, '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion AWD
  • andres3andres3 Southern CAPosts: 10,957

@fintail cousin to your newer wagon
    '16 Audi TTS quattro 2.0T, '15 Audi A4 quattro 2.0T, '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion AWD
    Michaell said:

Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

My other choice in '91 was the Civic Si. However, insurance guy told me it would be more expensive than the Sentra.

In retrospect, I should have convinced the then-wife that we needed to spring for the SE-R
    then-wife

Bad choices result in bad consequences ;)

Edmunds Moderator

• fintailfintail Posts: 48,072
    Saw blinking CHMSLs today on a Forte, RDX, and a box (Odyssey maybe, I forget).

124, good cars, although I wouldn't present one like that - monoblocks or stock wheels, please.

Speaking of new cars, I hate the payment, but 5 months in, I still enjoy driving the wagon. Maybe THIS will be the lease I buy out. We'll see.
    andres3 said:

@fintail cousin to your newer wagon

not blinking, but on a newer Jeep, they had changed out the lens so when it lit up it spelled out NAVY.

2020 Legacy. Looks a whole lot like the 2019 Legacy on the outside. not the inside though.

In the valet line at a restaurant I can’t afford.

Edmunds Moderator

not even sure what it is, but if I had one, no valet would ever touch it.

out driving around, a brand new Santa Fe (temp tags) in white passed me. A higher trim line. Kid and I both thought it looked really sharp.

Actually in Delaware or just another hardworking tax evader/capitalist hero?
    In Covington, KY.

McLaren. Not sure which one, but not the smallest one.

Edmunds Moderator

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America I70 & I75 Posts: 23,610
    kyfdx said:

In the valet line at a restaurant I can’t afford.

MainStrasse. I miss the annual car show they used to have there on the grass and the street.

2015 Cruze 2LT, 2014 Malibu 2LT, 2008 Cobalt 2LT