-July 2024 Special Lease Deals-

2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Does 2016 CR-V still have vibration Issue?

crvexbuyercrvexbuyer Member Posts: 17
edited February 2016 in Honda
Has Been held up on buying 2015, but still see few complaints related to 2016 model on the nhtsa site. Does anyone experience this? I called Honda america customer service, they said no complaints so far. thank you

Comments

  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited February 2016
    Honda rolled out a fix last August and complaints pretty much went away, at least around here.
  • Options
    crvexbuyercrvexbuyer Member Posts: 17
    thanks, I am referring to 2016 model whether still have this issue. thanks again
    stever said:

    Honda rolled out a fix last August and complaints pretty much went away, at least around here.

  • Options
    crvexbuyercrvexbuyer Member Posts: 17
    also seems another concern is loud noise when driving CRV. Currently I am drving 13 years old Camry LE, not sure how noisy will be on CRV cars. Thank you for your input Stever.
    stever said:

    Honda rolled out a fix last August and complaints pretty much went away, at least around here.

  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited February 2016
    That fix was rolled in for late 2015 models and all the 2016s got it from the get go. How recent were the models in the NHTSA complaints?

    Hondas have always had the reputation of being noisy vehicles. They've gotten better in recent years. SUVs are generally noisier than sedans too. And some people are just more attuned to noise than others.

    If that's a concern, best take a couple of longish test drives and compare against, say, the Buick Encore or Mazda CX-5.
  • Options
    crvexbuyercrvexbuyer Member Posts: 17
    thanks again. looks like 2 complaints on Dec.

    http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults?prodType=V&searchType=PROD&targetCategory=A&searchCriteria.model=CR-V&stats=1994751,1,0,1,0,CR-V&makeStats=&jsonBaseURL=/downloads/folders/&searchCriteria.model_yr=2016&searchCriteria.make=HONDA&searchCriteria.prod_ids=1994751

    the reason didn't choose CX-5, the price/value is not as good as CRV. Hard to negotiate down price (even harder than honda). Like power seat, but RAV4 require highest trim to have it.
    stever said:

    That fix was rolled in for late 2015 models and all the 2016s got it from the get go. How recent were the models in the NHTSA complaints?

    Hondas have always had the reputation of being noisy vehicles. They've gotten better in recent years. SUVs are generally noisier than sedans too. And some people are just more attuned to noise than others.

    If that's a concern, best take a couple of longish test drives and compare against, say, the Buick Encore or Mazda CX-5.

  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Good, you checked the Toyota too. Sounds like you're up on your research.

    Disappointing to read those two recent "bad vibes" complaints.
  • Options
    crvexbuyercrvexbuyer Member Posts: 17
    does EX has tint as standard? saw some post with tint option. maybe I misunderstood. thought tint is standard. is it just rear privacy glass is standard on the spec? thanks

    in TX, what OTD price is good one per your experience. thanks
    stever said:

    Good, you checked the Toyota too. Sounds like you're up on your research.

    Disappointing to read those two recent "bad vibes" complaints.

  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited February 2016
    Not sure on the tint - over here next door it often gets added to whatever came from the factory.

    CR-Vs in Texas seem to go close to invoice (with destination) plus TTL. Not great deals compared to VA/MD, but about the same or a little better than the Pacific NW. That's just from skimming the posts - you can use the Make | Model dropdown menu above and get invoice, MSRP and TMV for your area by plugging in your zip code.
  • Options
    crvexbuyercrvexbuyer Member Posts: 17
    thank you so much, just found out white is gone so quickly, afraid not able to get one by the end of month to get the APR incentives.
    stever said:

    Not sure on the tint - over here next door it often gets added to whatever came from the factory.

    CR-Vs in Texas seem to go close to invoice (with destination) plus TTL. Not great deals compared to VA/MD, but about the same or a little better than the Pacific NW. That's just from skimming the posts - you can use the Make | Model dropdown menu above and get invoice, MSRP and TMV for your area by plugging in your zip code.

  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited February 2016
    Bummer - sounds like here, all the great deals are on "dark" cars.

    Hard to predict but my guess is that incentives in some form will continue. But that info is closely guarded and the focus may shift from APRs to loyalty money or lease deals. Or nothing. Just no way to know until the manufacturers make their announcements.
  • Options
    crvexbuyercrvexbuyer Member Posts: 17
    some dealer charge Nitrogen-1 year tire warranty for $200, is this necessary (CRV EX). thank you
    stever said:

    Bummer - sounds like here, all the great deals are on "dark" cars.

    Hard to predict but my guess is that incentives in some form will continue. But that info is closely guarded and the focus may shift from APRs to loyalty money or lease deals. Or nothing. Just no way to know until the manufacturers make their announcements.

  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    No.

    OEM tires come with a warranty from the tire manufacturer, but like the aftermarket warranty, they are typically pro-rated and your replacement choices may be limited. There may be road service offered but I get towing through my car insurance for around $10 a year.

    Free nitrogen is fine, but it's not worth paying anything for.

    Stuff like this is mostly another profit center for the dealer.
  • Options
    crvexbuyercrvexbuyer Member Posts: 17
    thanks again.
    some dealer only give me OTD price, but not formal breakdown quote. Do you think this is acceptable by other dealer to beat? thanks
    stever said:

    No.

    OEM tires come with a warranty from the tire manufacturer, but like the aftermarket warranty, they are typically pro-rated and your replacement choices may be limited. There may be road service offered but I get towing through my car insurance for around $10 a year.

    Free nitrogen is fine, but it's not worth paying anything for.

    Stuff like this is mostly another profit center for the dealer.

  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Well, it's okay. I like to know what fees are buried in the quote but really, if the final price is good, it doesn't really matter to me how the dealer allocates the money I'm giving them. Shouldn't matter to another dealer either - either they can beat the OTD price or they can't.
Sign In or Register to comment.