Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler 300: Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• Options
    custom300ccustom300c Member Posts: 2
    While I'm on the subject, has anyone run into the same problem I have with the rear sitting 11/8" higher than the front? Eibach should have compensated for this when they designed the lowering spring kit. I was thinking about buying the sport-line spring kit which lowers 2", and replacing the rear pro-kit springs with them. Eibach doesn't suggest doing that, because of the different spring rates between the kits. They didn't say it couldn't be done, but I don't want to compromise the ride/handling by doing so.
  • Options
    varobvarob Member Posts: 15
    Was driving 70 or so on I-40 and something hit the right side rocker panel and knocked it off. I know it's held on by flimsy pins. Seems to me it should be covered under warranty, but I'm being stonewalled by a local dealer. Anyone else experience the loss of a rocker panel?
  • Options
    perez1perez1 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Just for your info.... Dont take the cross piece out that keeps the car from flexing. Just add washer for spacing I did it to my car and the sound it's gone
  • Options
    blackc300blackc300 Member Posts: 1
    hey guys, does anyone know what kind of body kit snoop dogg has on his chrysler 300?...anyone got a pic of his car?
  • Options
    twinwillowtwinwillow Member Posts: 11
    Incase anyone did not reply to your question about a "chip", JET makes a good one.
    I installed (10 min.) one on my 2005 300C.
  • Options
    I used the Eibach Pro springs to lower my car 1.6". The ride is great from a performance
    viewpoint, Great on the corners! But, now that the car is lower you will have to slow down at the bumps and dips in the road.
    The factory shocks are waaaay to soft! when you hit a large bump or dip you will bottom out!
  • Options
    Good results with the "JET" chip for my 300C.
  • Options
    sberganinisberganini Member Posts: 4
    I am considering buying the E & G grill in the title line for my 2006 Limited. Does anyone have experience removing the OEM grill and installing the E & G replacement? What is involved and is it very complicated?

Regards,

Steve
  • Options
    clouddogclouddog Member Posts: 1
    Which company did you use for your wood dash kit.There are so many and different prices. I do not mind paying for quality and longjevity of the product. I have a 300C and it has limited Calif Walnut installed. I need a great match! Also was your kit a flat or moulded kit?
  • Options
    rerdrerd Member Posts: 8
    To clouddog:
    I purchased my last two wood kits through CarXccessory..com . They handle the Sherwood Dash Products (which is the same brand most sources handle). They were the most reasonable on price. I think you will find that the Calif. Walnut will be a perfect OEM match. I have used only the flat kits.
  • Options
    Which "Automotive Concepts" are you talking about?
    There are a number of companies with that name online.
    I would like to get that smaller emblem for my 300C "Bentley" grill from Precision.
  • Options
    impestaimpesta Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody have any experience on changing the navigation into a DVD screen, while maintaing the navigation system. Can I find the wiring specs on the net?
  • Options
    tambuitambui Member Posts: 1
    I HAVE A CHRYSLER 300 LIMITED AND TRYING TO FIND STAINLESS STEELE MIRROR BACKS AND CANT FIND THEM, DO ANY ONE KNOW HOW I CAN LOCATE THEM.
  • Options
  • Options
    Instead of paying $500 for a new grille, I p[urchased some chrome strip molding from a local auto store which happened to be the same width as the vertical bars in the grille. With lots of patience, I cut every piece to fit onto the vertical bars and also installed the molding on the two bars of the fog light grilles. The grille now has a chrome look and looks greatl!! All at a cost of $15.00 !!

rerd@gowebco.com
  • Options
    itshemiitshemi Member Posts: 32
    What Brand/Model/Type of air intake, MOPAR part number if it was?
  • Options
    Where did you get the "JET" Chip and can it be used for the 5.7 340/390 HEMI
  • Options
    I'm looking into Cat-Back Exhaust from MOPAR P4510855
  • Options
    Do not paint them, I've been told. I did not paint mine.
  • Options
    Where did you get the Jet Module at?

What are the spec's on the Borla 140125/140112, and do you know the difference with the MOPAR P4520855 Cat-Back Exhaust - 4.25" x 3.50" Oval Tips, Dual Outlet
  • Options
    erottingererottinger Member Posts: 1
    Hello All !!! I am the proud owner of 2006 300 Limited Brilliant Black Pearl with all the goodies!!! I traded in my 99 Concord and I am very PLEASED!!! It is one week old and i have about 600 miles already. What a pleasure to drive!! And a head turner.
    I want to add a different grill I think a Vertical Billet?? Has anyone had any experience with the bolt on type and what brand???? I had done a market research for this model in 2004 and couldn't wait for my Concord to be paid off ( I bought the 300 before making my last payment... lol) Chrysler had asked some owners in the Chicago what they thought of their new radical design? I thought back then that belt line was too high and there was not enough space between the front bumper and the wheel well... They didn't listen to the 12 of us and Im glad they didnt...What a great looking and performing car !! I can say enought good things about it but Im glad my wife lets me drive it....lol!!

ED
  • Options
    buckheadbuckhead Member Posts: 16
    Got the Jet at Jegs.com

Price was the best and service was great.

I'd suggest calling borla-or visiting their web site at borla.com, but I'm convinced that they have the best system.
  • Options
    awdaveawdave Member Posts: 1
    Gang,

Spoke to Eibach and they're working on a prototype spring for the AWD. Problem is that it only lowers the front 1.3" and the back 1.5". The gap between the bottom of my wheel well/fender to the top of the factory Continentals is over 4". Here's my question, how much of that gap can I make up with a 20" or 22" wheel (assuming a lower profile tire) and the addition of the lowering springs? Am I still going to look like I'm riding in a 4X4? I want to drop the car and give it a clean look, meaning I don't want the wheels/tires tucked up under the wheel wells. I just want a nice beefy stance. Any help from the group would be appreciated.

Thanks,

AWDave
  • Options
    noe1noe1 Member Posts: 7
    The OEM grille is very easy to remove if you have the proper tools. I had to purchase an "L" screw driver to get to the bottom screws (which you will see in the instructions if you purchase the new grille). I managed to cut my hands a couple times getting in there. It took me and my dad about an hour and a half to completely remove the old and install the new one. I have the T-REX Triple chrome Bentley grille, very similar to the E&G but much better quality and a bit more expensive ($500)...I don't regret it though.
  • Options
    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN PURCHASE A NEW DASH BEZEL FOR THE NAVIGATION SYSTEM? PREFEREBLY THE "POLISHED ALUMINUM".

I RECENTLEY PURCHASED A BRAND NEW NAV SYSTEM ON EBAY FOR $825 BUT NEED THE BEZEL. THE DEALER TOLD ME $250, BUT I HEARD I CAN GET IT CHEAPER.
  • Options
    ford624ford624 Member Posts: 75
    My 300 C is a little scary to park.
    Has any one had any experience in adding front parking sensors to the rear ones available on the 300 C.?
    I would like to know close car is to front parking curb.
  • Options
    dracdrac Member Posts: 4
    I like alot of the vertical grilles I have seen, but I would like a black grille possibly. I have the 2006 touring and think it would look mean with a black grille. I already tinted out the windows and may even remove all the emblems to totally black out the car.
  • Options
    I NOW FOUND AN EVEN CHEAPER WEBSITE WHERE YOU CAN ORDER ACCESSORIES FOR THE 300. HERE I FOUND THAT THE PAIR OF CHROME MIRRORS ARE $350 (AS OPPOSED TO PAYING $430 ON EBAY). YOU WILL HAVE TO PURCHASE THEM INDIVIDUALLY, BUT THE TOTAL IS 350. I WENT AS FAR AS PURCHASING THE CHROME HANDLES AS WELL. THEY WERE ABOUT 47 BUCKS EACH (ABOUT $188 FOR ALL FOUR). MY TOTAL FOR THE CHROME MIRRORS AND CHROME DOOR HANDLES IS $546. I ALMOST BOUGHT THEM FROM EBAY AT $700 (WHICH WAS ALREADY CHEAPER THAN GOING THROUGH THE DEALER, THE DEALER WANTED $350 FOR EACH MIRROR!!!) THE MONEY I SAVED FROM THIS WEBSITE WILL GO INTO THE INSTALLATION FEE OF THESE ITEMS. AWESOME DEAL!!! FOR THOSE OF US THAT COULDN'T QUITE AFFORD THE HEMI.
  • Options
    Hey if your'e into the vertical grilles, there is a new "Phantom" style grille. Man I wish I would have waited a bit longer!!! The Phantom goes for about $550 and is F***IN sweet. It is a replica of the Rolce Royce Phantom grille. This thing is on its own class. Forget about that other vertical one (by E&G i think), this one gives your 300 a more Rolce Roycee look instead of the Bentley look. I'm now on a tight budget, but will eventually purchase it. I prefer chrome on my 300, but I think you can buy this one Black (the frame is chrome though) and will definitley set your 300 apart from anyone else. No one seems to have heard or seen the Phantom, which is why I want it....a more unique look! Anyone interested, reply.
  • Options
    lcolelcole Member Posts: 8
    Noe can u email the web address? Thanks
  • Options
    dracdrac Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, I saw the phantom grill, it is hot, but I have not seen it in black, a googleing I will go.
  • Options
    bbrf033bbrf033 Member Posts: 1
    I have the chrome mirror housings (and door handles if interested) that I am willing to trade at no cost and will arrange for free the R&R of the items IF you are in the Houston Area. My requirements are that the items be from a 300Touring or Limited and be in Brilliant Black. Please contact me if you have or need information regarding the swap.
  • Options
    sberganinisberganini Member Posts: 4
    noe1,

Thanks for the info on removing the OEM grill. Did you have to remove or loosen the bumper in the process? If so, what is the process for doing that?
  • Options
    apenaapena Member Posts: 1
    TO NOE1

I am very interested in your trade of chrome mirror housings and door handles. I just purshased the 300 Touring in Brilliant Black. Let me know.
    Thanks
  • Options
    amcamc Member Posts: 1
    hey noe, what is the website that you are referring to??
  • Options
    The sites are: Autotrucktoys.com & 1stchryslerparts.com

1st chrysler parts.com carries strictly MOPAR parts, which is all the stock parts any 300 model comes with. That's where you'll find your chromes. --Very cheap!! and their shipping is prompt and easy.

Auto truck toys offers after market accessories including grilles. This is were I found the Phantom grille.
  • Options
    I actually had to remove the top portion of the front bumper. It would be a lot easier to remove the entire bumper, but is more time consuming.

Firstly, you would have to remove the top (4) plastic screw/and anchors which connect the upper part of the front end to the frame (inside the hood). Then remove the (2) plastic (black) cover plates at the top of that (surround the hood latch, very easy to pop off). This will make it easier to get to the inside of the grille. You will see regular metal screws that run around the grille frame on the inside. This is where an "L" shaped (small) screw driver comes very handy. One cost me 3 dollars at a local hardware store. You then remove all the screws from the inside (took me about 30 mins just to get the screws off). You probably will have to play with it a little to pop the grille from the body. Be careful while doing this part, as you'll notice the body will slightly bend around, if you bend it too much, you'll perminantly dent the body. Its pretty easy though.

To install the new grille, is the exzact opposite of the above only you will need to drill 4 holes on the lower (inside) portion of the grill (in the groove). You will need to use the new grille to measure the exzact points to drill at. The new grille will have 4 tiny bars sticking out of the bottom, which keeps the grille into place. This does not damage your car and is easy to do if you're careful. The holes will need to be 1/4 of an inch from the front edge of the body. Once holes are made, simply place the grille in the holes and push it through the top. Your new grille should come with screws for the top (back) side of the grille. Tighten the nuts on the backside to the screws, and you should be done. Of course you will have to put aallllll the screws back on the inside.

Before beginning your installation, ensure you have all the right tools and the entire process will be easy and fairly quick.

I hope this will guide through your installation. Let me know how it goes.
  • Options
    skowsky7skowsky7 Member Posts: 1
    I have a Dodge Magnum, basically the same car as the 300. If you want to do it right you will need to put in two amps, one for the sub and one 4 channell amp for everything else. I run one 500 and one 600 watt amp. Install it in the trunk under the floorboard cover. The problem you will run into is finding some who will do this without changing your nav system.
  • Options
    Sorry to reply so late. I don't remember which website I saw it on but you should have no problem finding one if you just go to Google and type in the info.
    I have mine on the 5.7 and it work s great!
    it's a "plug-in" type and install in very easy.
  • Options
    Ok, guys. Here's a question that I hope someone out there in cyberspace can answer.
    I have a 2005 300C 5.7.
    I have installed the Eibach springs (along with many other mods) and want replace the (way toooooo soft) factory shocks with the ones on the 300C SRT 8. (assuming they are stiffer)
    Can anyone tell me if this is a viable solution?
    There does not seem to be any after market shocks for my 5.7.
  • Options
    Ebay now has Chrome Door Handle COVERS. I think they go for about $95 (for all four doors). They actually don't look bad at all. From looking at the display image, you wouldn't be able to tell if there covers or the actual door handles. If I waited a bit longer, i would have just gone with the covers to save some money. Check it out.
  • Options
    dejudgedejudge Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I have a 300 Limited and would like to have my stock look a little more chrome. What did you buy and how did you do the job on your 300? I don't care much for the custom grills that are out there.
    Thanks,
    Larry
  • Options
    giuvagiuva Member Posts: 2
    i have the same problem. the dealer tells me that chrysler is redesigning the board to take care of this. I have not seen anything yet.
  • Options
    Where can I get S/S or chrome lower door sills?
  • Options
    ford624ford624 Member Posts: 75
    If you need more Horse power for your 300 V8, check this site out.
    www.GSmotorsports.com
  • Options
    I have finally solved the problem of the "too soft" front shocks on my 300C 5.7 Hemi.
    This solution is especially important to those of you that, like myself, installed the Eibach
    Pro-Sport springs that lowered the car by 1.6''. I installed the front shocks from the 6.1 425hp SRT8. The rears wouldn't fit and I decided that was just fine with me because they would have cost $544.00 plus installation and I really didn't need them anyway.
    The difference in ride quality is AMAZING! No more bouncy ride and bottoming out over dips and bumps. The car rides beautifully! Much, more controlled!
    With all that I've done to this car, the change to the stiffer front shocks from the SRT8 has satisfied me more than anything because it alleviated the biggest beef I had with this car.
    My dealer charged me $299.00 for the shocks. My dealer wouldn't (per Chrysler) install them but my local muffler/shock shop installed them quickly for $100.
    You guy's out there that lowered your 300C need to make this change to your front shocks.
  • Options
    moonitemoonite Member Posts: 1
    Has anybody seen any performance upgrades for the SRT-8. I have the stage2 Jet chip for it already. Also has anybody seen any ceramic brake pads the oem pads put out a ton of dust.
  • Options
    bigdogs300bigdogs300 Member Posts: 1
    if i put 22" on my 300 void my warranty
  • Options
    Where can I find a set of S/S or Chrome door sill protectors for my 2005 300?
    I found them at dealer but they are about $300.00 for the front doors only. That is CRAZY. I do not want to buy new doors only door sill protectors.

Thanks,
    Larry
  • Options
    sfl300csfl300c Member Posts: 1
    Do any of you guys know if the chip will run in a 2006? I just bought a 300C and I want to step up the juice....
This discussion has been closed.