Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Lease Questions

andythefiredogandythefiredog Posts: 3
edited May 2016 in Hyundai
Hyundai Circle customer looking at a 2017 Santa Fe Limited Ultimate as well as other options.

Anyone have the money factor and residual / additional important details yet?

Need at least the 36 month / 12,000 miles numbers.

Thank you!
«134567

Comments

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 53,743

    Hyundai Circle customer looking at a 2017 Santa Fe Limited Ultimate as well as other options.

    Anyone have the money factor and residual / additional important details yet?

    Need at least the 36 month / 12,000 miles numbers.

    Thank you!

    FWD? .00094 MF and 57% residual

    MODERATOR

    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • cgib2000cgib2000 Posts: 16
    How about for the MF and residual for a 2017 Santa Fe Limited Ultimate, fwd, 36 mo / 10k yr? Thanks.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 43,220
    cgib2000 said:

    How about for the MF and residual for a 2017 Santa Fe Limited Ultimate, fwd, 36 mo / 10k yr? Thanks.

    .00094 and 58%

    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

    Share your vehicle reviews

  • Any April Numbers?
    AWD
    36/12
    36/15
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 53,743

    Any April Numbers?
    AWD
    36/12
    36/15

    Limited Ultimate?

    .00090 MF and 58%/56% residual

    MODERATOR

    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 43,220

    any different numbers for SE Ultimate FWD 36/10 & 12 in Bay Area? thanks!

    2017 Santa Fe SE Ultimate FWD 36/12 - .00080 and 59%. Add 1% for 10K

    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

    Share your vehicle reviews

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 43,220

    Michaell said:

    any different numbers for SE Ultimate FWD 36/10 & 12 in Bay Area? thanks!

    2017 Santa Fe SE Ultimate FWD 36/12 - .00080 and 59%. Add 1% for 10K
    need to just start requesting all options :)
    Can you please also provide for SE Ultimate/Limted Ultimate FWD both 36/12 and 24/12??

    thanks!!
    No 24 month lease terms from Hyundai....

    36/12 numbers for Limited Ultimate FWD - .00077 and 57%.

    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

    Share your vehicle reviews

  • mdubdroid3mdubdroid3 Posts: 28
    Any updates for  May on SE Ult/Ltd Ult both FWD/AWD in NorCal? Doesn't look like Sport models will be too competitive this month. Thanks! 
  • peter147peter147 Posts: 4
    Looking to see if this seems reasonable/makes sense. 2017 Santa Fe Limited AWD to be registered in NJ. Lease is 36/12:

    Cap Cost: $33,944 (includes acquisition fee)
    MF: 0.00080
    Residual: 62%
    $ Down: $1,175 (DMV/Plates + 1st Payment)

    Monthly Payment: $375.79

    Never leased...always bought, so this is all new to me!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 53,743
    peter147 said:

    Looking to see if this seems reasonable/makes sense. 2017 Santa Fe Limited AWD to be registered in NJ. Lease is 36/12:

    Cap Cost: $33,944 (includes acquisition fee)
    MF: 0.00080
    Residual: 62%
    $ Down: $1,175 (DMV/Plates + 1st Payment)

    Monthly Payment: $375.79

    Never leased...always bought, so this is all new to me!

    What is the MSRP?

    MODERATOR

    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • peter147peter147 Posts: 4
    MSRP is $38,205 (incl the 895 destination fee).
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 43,220
    peter147 said:

    MSRP is $38,205 (incl the 895 destination fee).

    I get $331/mo before tax with those numbers. Does the cap cost include the bank fee and taxes?

    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

    Share your vehicle reviews

  • peter147peter147 Posts: 4
    The monthly includes NJ tax, so that bridges the gap halfway. Sounds like I need to go back and get a better breakdown of the cap cost. Are there any lease incentives I should know of? Again, completely new to this!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 43,220
    peter147 said:
    The monthly includes NJ tax, so that bridges the gap halfway. Sounds like I need to go back and get a better breakdown of the cap cost. Are there any lease incentives I should know of? Again, completely new to this!
    No incentive on the 2017 Santa Fe. 

    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

    Share your vehicle reviews

  • mdubdroid3mdubdroid3 Posts: 28

    Any updates for  May on SE Ult/Ltd Ult both FWD/AWD in NorCal? Doesn't look like Sport models will be too competitive this month. Thanks! 

    any luck for May numbers? thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 43,220

    Any updates for  May on SE Ult/Ltd Ult both FWD/AWD in NorCal? Doesn't look like Sport models will be too competitive this month. Thanks! 

    any luck for May numbers? thanks!
    36/12 numbers

    SE Ultimate
    AWD - .00079 and 60%
    FWD - .00064 and 59%

    Limited Ultimate
    AWD - .00075 and 58%
    FWD - .00061 and 57%

    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

    Share your vehicle reviews

  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 7,477
    A reporter is looking to speak with car shoppers who recently purchased a truck or SUV instead of a coupe or sedan because they were influenced (at least in part) by today's low gas prices. If this sounds like your experience and you're willing to help, please contact pr@edmunds.com by no later than May 24, 2016.

    Edmunds Moderator

    Need some roadside assistance? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

    Share your vehicle reviews

    PF_Flyer's 2014 Versa Note Long Term Blog
    How To Start Your Own Long Term Blog

  • rrooaaarrrrrooaaarrr Posts: 3
    edited May 2016
    leased my 2017 hyundai santa fe limited ultimate awd w/captain seats (msrp of $44k) for $2500 out of pocket at the dealership and $550 a month, 36 months with 15k miles a year. only other incentive was my lease for my 2013 santa fe was up so i was a repeat hyundai customer.

    pretty much their most expensive model, dealership wanted 4k down at least. showed them my papers from lexus for the nx sport that was 2500 down with 550 mo / 15k miles, so they matched the offer. msrp of nx is 47k which is 3k more than this car but liked the captain seats better with 2 kids.
  • woolooloowoolooloo Posts: 42
    Do you have the RV and MF for Limited Ultimate 36/10? FWD and AWD? Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 53,743
    woolooloo said:

    Do you have the RV and MF for Limited Ultimate 36/10? FWD and AWD? Thanks!

    FWD
    .00061 MF and 58% residual
    AWD
    .00075 MF and 59% residual

    MODERATOR

    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • brandytabbrandytab Posts: 9
    edited May 2016
    Hi! I'm being quoted 3yr/36K. MF of .00375 (they said we aren't T1, so that's our new MF - we are Tier 1 for Chrysler but evidently not Hyundai) - but a residual of 73%.

    This is for a 2017 Santa Fe SE AWD with the premium package.

    MSRP: 37580
    Selling Price: 34029
    Rebate: 6000
    Residual: 27433
    Michigan Taxes: 899.64
    Govt Fees: 47
    Acq Fee: 595

    888.93 total out the door, 257.89/month.

    This seems like a deal we should snag. Do these numbers look good?

    Thank you!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 43,220
    brandytab said:

    Hi! I'm being quoted 3yr/36K. MF of .00375 (they said we aren't T1, so that's our new MF - we are Tier 1 for Chrysler but evidently not Hyundai) - but a residual of 73%.

    This is for a 2017 Santa Fe SE AWD with the premium package.

    MSRP: 37580
    Selling Price: 34029
    Rebate: 6000
    Residual: 27433
    Michigan Taxes: 899.64
    Govt Fees: 47
    Acq Fee: 595

    888.93 total out the door, 257.89/month.

    This seems like a deal we should snag. Do these numbers look good?

    Thank you!

    The highest MF I see for the SE is .00220 - is this a Hyundai lease?

    That looks like a purchase quote - I was under the impression that Michigan taxes the monthly payment.

    That said, $258/mo for a $37k SUV is a pretty good deal with that little out of pocket.

    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

    Share your vehicle reviews

  • brandytabbrandytab Posts: 9
    Michaell said:

    brandytab said:

    Hi! I'm being quoted 3yr/36K. MF of .00375 (they said we aren't T1, so that's our new MF - we are Tier 1 for Chrysler but evidently not Hyundai) - but a residual of 73%.

    This is for a 2017 Santa Fe SE AWD with the premium package.

    MSRP: 37580
    Selling Price: 34029
    Rebate: 6000
    Residual: 27433
    Michigan Taxes: 899.64
    Govt Fees: 47
    Acq Fee: 595

    888.93 total out the door, 257.89/month.

    This seems like a deal we should snag. Do these numbers look good?

    Thank you!

    The highest MF I see for the SE is .00220 - is this a Hyundai lease?

    That looks like a purchase quote - I was under the impression that Michigan taxes the monthly payment.

    That said, $258/mo for a $37k SUV is a pretty good deal with that little out of pocket.
    I was under that impression also. Now that you pointed it out, the math is obviously off. And yes, a Hyundai lease. So that means that they marked up the MF?

    Thank you!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 43,220
    brandytab said:

    Michaell said:

    brandytab said:

    Hi! I'm being quoted 3yr/36K. MF of .00375 (they said we aren't T1, so that's our new MF - we are Tier 1 for Chrysler but evidently not Hyundai) - but a residual of 73%.

    This is for a 2017 Santa Fe SE AWD with the premium package.

    MSRP: 37580
    Selling Price: 34029
    Rebate: 6000
    Residual: 27433
    Michigan Taxes: 899.64
    Govt Fees: 47
    Acq Fee: 595

    888.93 total out the door, 257.89/month.

    This seems like a deal we should snag. Do these numbers look good?

    Thank you!

    The highest MF I see for the SE is .00220 - is this a Hyundai lease?

    That looks like a purchase quote - I was under the impression that Michigan taxes the monthly payment.

    That said, $258/mo for a $37k SUV is a pretty good deal with that little out of pocket.
    I was under that impression also. Now that you pointed it out, the math is obviously off. And yes, a Hyundai lease. So that means that they marked up the MF?

    Thank you!
    I would say the MF is inflated, yes.

    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

    Share your vehicle reviews

  • brandytabbrandytab Posts: 9
    Michaell said:

    brandytab said:

    Michaell said:

    brandytab said:

    Hi! I'm being quoted 3yr/36K. MF of .00375 (they said we aren't T1, so that's our new MF - we are Tier 1 for Chrysler but evidently not Hyundai) - but a residual of 73%.

    This is for a 2017 Santa Fe SE AWD with the premium package.

    MSRP: 37580
    Selling Price: 34029
    Rebate: 6000
    Residual: 27433
    Michigan Taxes: 899.64
    Govt Fees: 47
    Acq Fee: 595

    888.93 total out the door, 257.89/month.

    This seems like a deal we should snag. Do these numbers look good?

    Thank you!

    The highest MF I see for the SE is .00220 - is this a Hyundai lease?

    That looks like a purchase quote - I was under the impression that Michigan taxes the monthly payment.

    That said, $258/mo for a $37k SUV is a pretty good deal with that little out of pocket.
    I was under that impression also. Now that you pointed it out, the math is obviously off. And yes, a Hyundai lease. So that means that they marked up the MF?

    Thank you!
    I would say the MF is inflated, yes.
    Thanks for your input. I've asked them for clarification. I'm still surprised at the 73% residual for 36 months, which doesn't match anything in this thread. Is that a local promotion? I am in Metro Detroit.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 43,220
    brandytab said:

    Michaell said:

    brandytab said:

    Michaell said:

    brandytab said:

    Hi! I'm being quoted 3yr/36K. MF of .00375 (they said we aren't T1, so that's our new MF - we are Tier 1 for Chrysler but evidently not Hyundai) - but a residual of 73%.

    This is for a 2017 Santa Fe SE AWD with the premium package.

    MSRP: 37580
    Selling Price: 34029
    Rebate: 6000
    Residual: 27433
    Michigan Taxes: 899.64
    Govt Fees: 47
    Acq Fee: 595

    888.93 total out the door, 257.89/month.

    This seems like a deal we should snag. Do these numbers look good?

    Thank you!

    The highest MF I see for the SE is .00220 - is this a Hyundai lease?

    That looks like a purchase quote - I was under the impression that Michigan taxes the monthly payment.

    That said, $258/mo for a $37k SUV is a pretty good deal with that little out of pocket.
    I was under that impression also. Now that you pointed it out, the math is obviously off. And yes, a Hyundai lease. So that means that they marked up the MF?

    Thank you!
    I would say the MF is inflated, yes.
    Thanks for your input. I've asked them for clarification. I'm still surprised at the 73% residual for 36 months, which doesn't match anything in this thread. Is that a local promotion? I am in Metro Detroit.
    It's likely that this is a third party lease through a local bank - that would explain both the really high residual and the really high MF.

    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

    Share your vehicle reviews

  • brandytabbrandytab Posts: 9
    Michaell said:

    brandytab said:

    Michaell said:

    brandytab said:

    Michaell said:

    brandytab said:

    Hi! I'm being quoted 3yr/36K. MF of .00375 (they said we aren't T1, so that's our new MF - we are Tier 1 for Chrysler but evidently not Hyundai) - but a residual of 73%.

    This is for a 2017 Santa Fe SE AWD with the premium package.

    MSRP: 37580
    Selling Price: 34029
    Rebate: 6000
    Residual: 27433
    Michigan Taxes: 899.64
    Govt Fees: 47
    Acq Fee: 595

    888.93 total out the door, 257.89/month.

    This seems like a deal we should snag. Do these numbers look good?

    Thank you!

    The highest MF I see for the SE is .00220 - is this a Hyundai lease?

    That looks like a purchase quote - I was under the impression that Michigan taxes the monthly payment.

    That said, $258/mo for a $37k SUV is a pretty good deal with that little out of pocket.
    I was under that impression also. Now that you pointed it out, the math is obviously off. And yes, a Hyundai lease. So that means that they marked up the MF?

    Thank you!
    I would say the MF is inflated, yes.
    Thanks for your input. I've asked them for clarification. I'm still surprised at the 73% residual for 36 months, which doesn't match anything in this thread. Is that a local promotion? I am in Metro Detroit.
    It's likely that this is a third party lease through a local bank - that would explain both the really high residual and the really high MF.
    Hm, good point. I assumed Hyundai Financial because they said specifically that they were discussing it with HF and that we didn't qualify for the top rate. It's still a good deal but 9% interest rate on a lease feels outrageous since we qualify for Tier 1 with Chrysler and a few other makers!

    I told them that if they brought the MF down to .00220 that we'd buy today. It will be the deal of a lifetime for me if it happens!
  • brandytabbrandytab Posts: 9
    brandytab said:

    Michaell said:

    brandytab said:

    Michaell said:

    brandytab said:

    Michaell said:

    brandytab said:

    Hi! I'm being quoted 3yr/36K. MF of .00375 (they said we aren't T1, so that's our new MF - we are Tier 1 for Chrysler but evidently not Hyundai) - but a residual of 73%.

    This is for a 2017 Santa Fe SE AWD with the premium package.

    MSRP: 37580
    Selling Price: 34029
    Rebate: 6000
    Residual: 27433
    Michigan Taxes: 899.64
    Govt Fees: 47
    Acq Fee: 595

    888.93 total out the door, 257.89/month.

    This seems like a deal we should snag. Do these numbers look good?

    Thank you!

    The highest MF I see for the SE is .00220 - is this a Hyundai lease?

    That looks like a purchase quote - I was under the impression that Michigan taxes the monthly payment.

    That said, $258/mo for a $37k SUV is a pretty good deal with that little out of pocket.
    I was under that impression also. Now that you pointed it out, the math is obviously off. And yes, a Hyundai lease. So that means that they marked up the MF?

    Thank you!
    I would say the MF is inflated, yes.
    Thanks for your input. I've asked them for clarification. I'm still surprised at the 73% residual for 36 months, which doesn't match anything in this thread. Is that a local promotion? I am in Metro Detroit.
    It's likely that this is a third party lease through a local bank - that would explain both the really high residual and the really high MF.
    Hm, good point. I assumed Hyundai Financial because they said specifically that they were discussing it with HF and that we didn't qualify for the top rate. It's still a good deal but 9% interest rate on a lease feels outrageous since we qualify for Tier 1 with Chrysler and a few other makers!

    I told them that if they brought the MF down to .00220 that we'd buy today. It will be the deal of a lifetime for me if it happens!
    Update if anyone is interested: Dealership claims that this falls under the Hyundai Employee Purchase program and that they remove incentivized APR in lieu of high residuals and $$ off MSRP, and that they'll show us the forms from Hyundai. They claim that they have zero control over this program from a dealership standpoint. I'm pretty sure we are going to pull the trigger today.
  • brandytabbrandytab Posts: 9
    Update if anyone is interested in a 2017 Santa Fe:

    Dealership was full of it and we bought one somewhere else.

    2017 Santa Fe AWD SE = 186/mo 12k/year 24 mo $800 OTD
    2017 Santa Fe AWD SE Ultimate = 259/mo 12k/year 24mo $800 OTD

    This is for credit tiers 1-3 (which we DO fall into, dealership was lying) and in Metro Detroit.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 43,220
    brandytab said:

    Update if anyone is interested in a 2017 Santa Fe:

    Dealership was full of it and we bought one somewhere else.

    2017 Santa Fe AWD SE = 186/mo 12k/year 24 mo $800 OTD
    2017 Santa Fe AWD SE Ultimate = 259/mo 12k/year 24mo $800 OTD

    This is for credit tiers 1-3 (which we DO fall into, dealership was lying) and in Metro Detroit.

    Thanks for the update and congrats on your new Santa Fe!

    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

    Share your vehicle reviews

«134567
Sign In or Register to comment.