Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,948
    Doesn't Peugeot have a GTI equivalent? 

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,557
    Based on what I saw in Ireland, lots of odd funky small hatchbacks

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited July 2018
    au1994 said:

ab348 said:

henryn said:

Oh, yeah, don't let me forget France. I owned two Peugeots. Rather enjoyed them, too.

I read yesterday that PSA (Peugeot, Citroen, Opel) is planning a return to the North American market next year, with sales locations in 15 US states and 4 provinces of Canada. That should be interesting.
    Oh that could be fun. I’ll get a Peugeot and pick up a Stelvio for my wife. What could go wrong?
    We'll find out what could go wrong. Car and Driver just took on an Alfa on for longterm testing.

Any bets? I say it breaksdown within 5,000 miles.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2018-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-long-term-road-test-introduction-review?src=nl&mag=cdb&list=nl_dvr_news&date=071818

• Options
    qbrozen said:

Yes they do, sort of. Here's a review of the 208 GTi:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/peugeot/208/63503/gti-hatchback
  • Options
    Oh, yeah, don't let me forget France. I owned two Peugeots. Rather enjoyed them, too.
    I read yesterday that PSA (Peugeot, Citroen, Opel) is planning a return to the North American market next year, with sales locations in 15 US states and 4 provinces of Canada. That should be interesting.
    Oh that could be fun. I’ll get a Peugeot and pick up a Stelvio for my wife. What could go wrong?
    We'll find out what could go wrong. Car and Driver just took on an Alfa on for longterm testing. Any bets? I say it breaksdown within 5,000 miles. https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2018-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-long-term-road-test-introduction-review?src=nl&mag=cdb&list=nl_dvr_news&date=071818
    Kinda wish they got a Ti instead

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    Yes they do, sort of. Here's a review of the 208 GTi: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/peugeot/208/63503/gti-hatchback
    I'm totally in support of us having more hot hatch options.

• Options
    au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,389
    qbrozen said:

au1994 said:

ab348 said:

henryn said:

We'll find out what could go wrong. Car and Driver just took on an Alfa on for longterm testing.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2018-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-long-term-road-test-introduction-review?src=nl&mag=cdb&list=nl_dvr_news&date=071818

Me too. The model selected will likely never be in my price range new.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• Options
    au1994 said:

qbrozen said:

au1994 said:

ab348 said:

henryn said:

Me too. The model selected will likely never be in my price range new.

Well aside from two trips to the dealer already, and the car smelling weird, everything's just .....fine....
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,434
    qbrozen said:
    Yes they do, sort of. Here's a review of the 208 GTi: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/peugeot/208/63503/gti-hatchback
    I'm totally in support of us having more hot hatch options.
    Me too, but Are any of them really good enough to de-throne the GTI in terms of performance and or Sales?

I see a lot of GTIs around.  The 2015+ design seems to be holding up well.  They look good in just about every color.  I see a lot of white, but the Silver is nice, as is the Red, so is the Dark Blue.  Of course I like the Black.  I used to say I’d “only own one with the lighting package,” but I’ve seen enough of them around to get used to the look of the “standard” head lamps.  Plus now I’d be happier saving a few $K over the SE model.

There seems to be A LOT of aftermarket performance parts out there out there.  You can mildly tune the car and upgrade the brakes and suspension so it isn’t terrible to drive daily.

I’m not a VW forums member, so I can’t speak about how well the car is holding up mechanically or electronically.

They seem to sell well enough that VW doesn’t provide good lease support, yet there are always some out there at the end of the year with BIG discounts attached to their window stickers.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    The Corolla even sports a new "semi-hot hatch", which is pretty slick looking but doesn't match the performance of the VW. For many drivers, "good enough" might be good enough. Many drivers SAY they like "edgy" cars but really don't, on a day to day basis. Some of these sport suspensions can beat you up, depending on what roads you're on everyday. Given that America's road infrastructure is approaching Pakistan's in quality, I personally wouldn't buy another car like the one I have. It's too brutal, and those smooth, winding country roads are getting few and far between in my daily travels for work.
  • Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392
    If by 5000 miles you mean 5, @Mr_Shiftright
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665

au1994 said:

ab348 said:

henryn said:

Looks like it already has broken down.

I know it's fun. I know it's fast. I know it steers well.

But guaranteed, if it was gracing the garage of the GG estate, and right out of the box it had fuel pump (that sounds like it will take 2 weeks to fix) and electrical gremlins, screaming brakes, etc....I would not be happy.

Every time I got in to drive it, I would wonder if today's the day it leaves me stranded. Or, if it's time to just drive directly to the dealership with the understanding that by the time I got there, something would have gone wrong.

Probably be afraid to push it too hard (regardless of its performance) in fear something would break.

All of that would make me quite sad. I don't like being sad!

Again, like the way it looks, would love to drive it, but wouldn't be prone to digging into my pockets for it.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    And that is a corporate car, where you would assume they prepped it carefully.

• Options

au1994 said:

ab348 said:

henryn said:

Looks like it already has broken down.

I know it's fun. I know it's fast. I know it steers well.

But guaranteed, if it was gracing the garage of the GG estate, and right out of the box it had fuel pump (that sounds like it will take 2 weeks to fix) and electrical gremlins, screaming brakes, etc....I would not be happy.

Every time I got in to drive it, I would wonder if today's the day it leaves me stranded. Or, if it's time to just drive directly to the dealership with the understanding that by the time I got there, something would have gone wrong.

Probably be afraid to push it too hard (regardless of its performance) in fear something would break.

All of that would make me quite sad. I don't like being sad!

Again, like the way it looks, would love to drive it, but wouldn't be prone to digging into my pockets for it.
    Yes, but if you spend $75,000 on an Alfa Romeo, your personal assistant can take it in for service or arrange for the two while you choose another vehicle in your stable.

No one in his right mind would have this car for their only means of transport.
  • Options
    au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,389

The Corolla even sports a new "semi-hot hatch", which is pretty slick looking but doesn't match the performance of the VW. For many drivers, "good enough" might be good enough. Many drivers SAY they like "edgy" cars but really don't, on a day to day basis. Some of these sport suspensions can beat you up, depending on what roads you're on everyday. Given that America's road infrastructure is approaching Pakistan's in quality, I personally wouldn't buy another car like the one I have. It's too brutal, and those smooth, winding country roads are getting few and far between in my daily travels for work.

Very well put. Bob Lutz put it very well in his book that that customer is not always right.

I test drove a GTI before getting the X1 and really liked it just as many of us do. But, it was just a bit less refined than the X1. My commute is 30 miles one way and if it was only 10 the GTI would be in my garage. Still the best bang for the buck from a sporty, compact DD side.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• Options
    My next car will definitely have a more comfort oriented suspension. And taller sidewalls. Our roads here are horrid.

• Options
    henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    stickguy said:

My next car will definitely have a more comfort oriented suspension. And taller sidewalls. Our roads here are horrid.

+1

I will not own any car with "rubber band tires". Not on the streets I drive on everyday. Some days I feel like I need to own a "monster truck" just to make it to work.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    That's easy to say, but the car makers won't cooperate.

Our 2011 X3 had 17" wheels, stock.
    The same body style 2017 model has 18" wheels stock, and the service loaner we bought came with 19" wheels.
    They just don't give you a lot of choice.

My 2006 high performance model came with massive 18" wheels, that seem quaint, now. B)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    It isn't all about the tires, though. Plenty of sidewall on my F150, but it certainly bounces you around on rough roads.

• Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606
    Hey Denver peeps-
    I'm going to be downtown next week for a tradeshow. Any favorite spots to eat or drink that I shouldn't miss? Staying at the Westin.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,733
    stickguy said:

OK, Jaguar time. a CPO 2017 XE, 3.5t premium. Gray over black, 26,000 miles. Looks fairly basic. Does have cold weather package and 18" wheels. Moonroof. But does not look like any other goodies (no BLIS or it seems Navi). I think orig MSRP was about $46k.

Outside Boston.

Make sure you drive it. I believe I posted earlier that I had a similar, and a bit abused, loaner earlier (so, maybe not a valid sample. I'd want to drive a new one). Overall, disappointed. Compared to my XF, interior rather austere, harsher ride, especially noticeable on speed bumps, a bit claustrophobic especially in black interior. But, steering was immediate, handled well, fun to drive and I think looks great in a non-flashy way. Should be a used car bargain, note that I believe it comes with 5 years of warranty and maintenance, in addition to CPO benefits.

For electrics, there is range anxiety; I'm now in British car out of warranty anxiety! But, nothing to report. It starts every morning, gets me there and back with grace, pace and a modicum of space. Great GT sedan, eats miles. It hasn't been as Acura as my Acuras, but no out of warranty issues/expenses and it is my favorite car to date.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316
    tifighter said:

Hey Denver peeps-
    I'm going to be downtown next week for a tradeshow. Any favorite spots to eat or drink that I shouldn't miss? Staying at the Westin.

Take the light rail south to 10th and Osage and hit up the Buckhorn Exchange. Colorado liquor license #1, and lots of different game meats to choose from.

Or, we could try to arrange a meet up with all of us. What days are you in town?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    qbrozen said:

It isn't all about the tires, though. Plenty of sidewall on my F150, but it certainly bounces you around on rough roads.

What, you think that supercrew rides rough? You should try a regular cab, much shorter wheelbase, MUCH rougher ride.
  • Options
    It is pretty good as far as trucks go, and really only severely bad patches upset it. Certainly no Town & Country. ;)

• Options
    You should try an unloaded diesel International 24' box Ryder truck. without a seat belt on any bump would put up on the ceiling. And there was about 3 feet of headroom. Road much better with a ton or so of weight in the back! The Frieghtliners rode a lot better, but the IH had better steering.

I would be good either with a car with more normal tires (such as the TLX with 225/50-17s (I think)), or a CUV without performance car tires. Our RDX is much less stressful driving on bad roads! Lotta meat on those tires.

• Options
    the Jag, not for me. Though we did test drive a RWD 2.0T a couple years back that was very nice. My son's roommate is looking. Though my son was quite interested in this Jag too. He is not yet over missing out on the 240I BMW. He seems to have a HP obsession. Plus my BIL (his uncle) has an XF with the top line version of the SC V6 that he lusts after. The kid has issues!

• Options
    Michaell said:

tifighter said:

Hey Denver peeps-

Take the light rail south to 10th and Osage and hit up the Buckhorn Exchange. Colorado liquor license #1, and lots of different game meats to choose from.

Or, we could try to arrange a meet up with all of us. What days are you in town?
    Sounds like a good stop. I'm there Saturday night to Weds afternoon. Haven't been to Denver in awhile; looks like you poor guys are roasting right now!

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,733
    stickguy said:

the Jag, not for me. Though we did test drive a RWD 2.0T a couple years back that was very nice. My son's roommate is looking. Though my son was quite interested in this Jag too. He is not yet over missing out on the 240I BMW. He seems to have a HP obsession. Plus my BIL (his uncle) has an XF with the top line version of the SC V6 that he lusts after. The kid has issues!

Understandable, Jag is a sexy beast! Good car, too. I'm almost, kinda, maybe thinking of renting a second parking space in my condo for an XK...convertible? Or son's college tuition, tough call.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    tifighter said:

Michaell said:

tifighter said:

Hey Denver peeps-

Sounds like a good stop. I'm there Saturday night to Weds afternoon. Haven't been to Denver in awhile; looks like you poor guys are roasting right now!
    Supposed to break on Monday. 92 right now, and I've committed to mowing the yard tonight.

I'd be available for a meet up, when you have the time. Lots of great places to have dinner in or around downtown. @jpp5862 lives pretty close, as well. @breld and I are further away.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710
    Michaell said:

tifighter said:

Michaell said:

tifighter said:

Hey Denver peeps-

Supposed to break on Monday. 92 right now, and I've committed to mowing the yard tonight.

I'd be available for a meet up, when you have the time. Lots of great places to have dinner in or around downtown. @jpp5862 lives pretty close, as well. @breld and I are further away.
    Just a few blocks south of the Westin is Larimer Square, which has plenty of choices for food. Vesta Dipping Grill is a fun and appetizing place for dinner. As @michaell said, we're always up for meeting up if the schedule allows - @jpp5862 lives downtown, I'm a short light-rail stop away, and @michaell...well, he needs to put some miles on that Jetta anyway.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• Options
    breld said:
    Hey Denver peeps- I'm going to be downtown next week for a tradeshow. Any favorite spots to eat or drink that I shouldn't miss? Staying at the Westin.
    Take the light rail south to 10th and Osage and hit up the Buckhorn Exchange. Colorado liquor license #1, and lots of different game meats to choose from. Or, we could try to arrange a meet up with all of us. What days are you in town?
    Supposed to break on Monday. 92 right now, and I've committed to mowing the yard tonight. I'd be available for a meet up, when you have the time. Lots of great places to have dinner in or around downtown. @jpp5862 lives pretty close, as well. @breld and I are further away.
    Just a few blocks south of the Westin is Larimer Square, which has plenty of choices for food. Vesta Dipping Grill is a fun and appetizing place for dinner. As @michaell said, we're always up for meeting up if the schedule allows - @jpp5862 lives downtown, I'm a short light-rail stop away, and @michaell...well, he needs to put some miles on that Jetta anyway.
    Yes, yes I do. At the moment, I’ve got about 11,000 miles to give, so a cross country trip would still not bring me close to the miles I should have. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Not in the market for a minivan, just drove one at work. We do have a lot of the Pacifica model in our fleet but still have newer Grand Caravans. They rent well, especially this time of year, the reason three of us were sent across the state to pick up three minivans. Luckily the ride across Alligator Alley(I-75)is easy peasy. I kept the cruise at 73, speed limit is 70, and had no issues as most were passing me. Didn't really care as it was a nice afternoon and it had Sirius/XM, so I was in drivers heaven. Took a little less than 2 hours to get from Punta Gorda back to Pembroke Pines Florida and lucky enough to hit the rain once I got across the Ally.
    Just reminded me how much I do miss the gigs where I drove around the state of Florida on a daily basis. Don't get me wrong, the Hertz gig is pretty sweet for me as I begin my withdrawl from the working world, but those longer drives are just so much more fun! It's really my happy place to be one with the vehicle on the open road. Having the SAT radio is just the icing on the cake!!

The Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    Driving around the other day, we passed a GTI and the wife asked me about it. Told her it's similar to mine except more sporty, has a different auto tranny and really skinny sidewall tires. Said I'll look at one next time I'm in the market. Overall, am enjoying the VW and the only issue has been the premature water pump/thermostat failure right before the warranty ended. The tire problems we had during the first month was a dealer screw up as my sales guy didn't keep his eyes on the ball so they put the wrong size rims/tires on my vehicle. Luckily I felt there was a problem and went back every week until their "tire expert" saw the issue as we walked over to my vehicle. They really had no choice but to correct the issue and gave me a choice between two different 17" rims though I thought the 5 minutes time was a bit ridiculous, should've had overnight to think it. But worked out o k in the end.
    Even having some crazy kid damage it has not diminished my love of it. Probably the main reason why it's still in the garage. Still, want to test drive the new Honda Insight and see how well it drives. The mpg's are pretty impressive and if it comes somewhat close to the driving enjoyment the Golf gives me, could seriously trade for it. Seems silly to wait till I stop working where I do put some miles on a vehicle. Off next Tuesday so if I'm feeling o k, might indeed be time to finally test drive one! As much as I do like the Buick Encore, prefer the older generations exterior to the new but prefer the new interior to the old! Right now, the GM incentives are just bat [non-permissible content removed] crazy on the Encore. The perfect size for my needs, has a 4/50 warranty and drives very nicely.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,796
    henryn said:

qbrozen said:

What, you think that supercrew rides rough? You should try a regular cab, much shorter wheelbase, MUCH rougher ride.
    You guys with your modern trucks saying they ride rough. Hah! Spine up, boys!!! :p

2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,986
    We had a 76 GMC Sierra 15 with the heavy duty suspension, full time all wheel drive. It had a very stiff ride, other than the tires cushioning some of the bumps, it seemed like you felt every bump. Sometimes if felt like the seat belt would cut you in half over some bumps. Learned not to wear the seat belt when driving off road on our farm, but did hit the ceiling once or twice. lol

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,796
    edited July 2018
    sda said:

We had a 76 GMC Sierra 15 with the heavy duty suspension, full time all wheel drive. It had a very stiff ride, other than the tires cushioning some of the bumps, it seemed like you felt every bump. Sometimes if felt like the seat belt would cut you in half over some bumps. Learned not to wear the seat belt when driving off road on our farm, but did hit the ceiling once or twice. lol

Yep, that's what I'm talking about!

I put some very nice Rancho shocks on my 69 C20 two years ago, and I swear it drives like a dream now. However, it's all comparative. I drove it last weekend with my daughter, and we drove over a particularly bad "frost heaved" patch of road at about 55 mph. In my Q7, you notice it, but it isn't harsh. In the Forester, the car leaves the road momentarily, but it isn't harsh either. In the C20, we levitated for a while.... and it seemed a little harsh. She commented how intense it was, and I said, "yeah, but if it was a few years ago before I put these new shocks on it, we would have gone into the ditch if I tried that!"

Ah, to appreciate the little things!
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676

Not in the market for a minivan, just drove one at work. We do have a lot of the Pacifica model in our fleet but still have newer Grand Caravans. They rent well, especially this time of year, the reason three of us were sent across the state to pick up three minivans. Luckily the ride across Alligator Alley(I-75)is easy peasy. I kept the cruise at 73, speed limit is 70, and had no issues as most were passing me. Didn't really care as it was a nice afternoon and it had Sirius/XM, so I was in drivers heaven. Took a little less than 2 hours to get from Punta Gorda back to Pembroke Pines Florida and lucky enough to hit the rain once I got across the Ally.
    Just reminded me how much I do miss the gigs where I drove around the state of Florida on a daily basis. Don't get me wrong, the Hertz gig is pretty sweet for me as I begin my withdrawl from the working world, but those longer drives are just so much more fun! It's really my happy place to be one with the vehicle on the open road. Having the SAT radio is just the icing on the cake!!

I thought about renting a minivan next month when all my grown kids are here, but they are twice as much as sedans. Decided to rent a Camry size for the day 5 of us head to wine country, and we can get by sorta the rest of the time.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options
    yeah, minivans or full sized SUVs are crazy expensive rentals.

• Options
    tommister2tommister2 Member Posts: 393
    nyccarguy said:
    After driving our Pilot through the rain yesterday, I need to know who to talk to in order to get a “track mode” setting programmed into the 9 - Speed Automatic & AWD system.  That would make it more fun!
    Did I miss something- do you have a new Pilot? If so, congrats!
    2011 Toyota Camry, 2014 Jeep Wrangler, 2017 Honda Civic Coupe, 2019 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XSE, 2021 Toyota Tundra, 2022 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Tesla Model 3
  • Options
    nyccarguy said:
    After driving our Pilot through the rain yesterday, I need to know who to talk to in order to get a “track mode” setting programmed into the 9 - Speed Automatic & AWD system.  That would make it more fun!
    Did I miss something- do you have a new Pilot? If so, congrats!
    Thanks!  We got our 2nd punch of 2017 in towards the end of December.  My wife’s 2011 Pilot had a very slight mechanical mishap.  The alternator gave up the ghost (and took the battery with it) right in the driveway.  It had just over 101,000 miles.  I knew I was going to have to put A LOT into it maintenance wise (timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, Trans Fluid, Diff Fluid, Brake Fluid) in the next 5K or so miles.  Not to mention the front axles were leaking and would need replacement soon.  I got a trade range from @qbrozen & shot for the high range.  Even after getting the new Pilot Touring for a very solid price, I told the dealer I wanted $10,5 for the trade (expecting to get $10K) and he gave it to me.  We are very happy.  I sprung for the Touring Model this time.  Since the end of December, we’ve put almost 10,500 miles on it already.  

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    tommister2tommister2 Member Posts: 393
    edited July 2018
    Nice! We sold our 2012 Pilot a month or so ago. The kids are older (2 of the 3 drive now) so we haven’t rushed to replace it. May get another pilot or similar soon. A Coworker at work has a new one and loves it. Guessing you are happy with the new one too?
    2011 Toyota Camry, 2014 Jeep Wrangler, 2017 Honda Civic Coupe, 2019 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XSE, 2021 Toyota Tundra, 2022 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Tesla Model 3
  • Options
    Nice! We sold our 2012 Pilot a month or so ago. The kids are older (2 of the 3 drive now) so we haven’t rushed to replace it. May get another pilot or similar soon. A Coworker at work has a new one and loves it. Guessing you are happy with the new one too?
    Very happy.  The ride is glass smooth.  We love the Honda Sensing Adaptive Cruise Control.  It’s a great road trip vehicle.  We are leaving for a week on Cape Cod on saturday AM.

• Options
    xwesx said:

You guys with your modern trucks saying they ride rough. Hah! Spine up, boys!!! :p

Hah! So you want to talk “truck stories”? Okay, here’s one for you.

The winter of 1967-1968, at the ripe old age of 17, I drove a 1958 Chevy one ton pole truck from Livingston, TX, into Salisaw, Oklahoma. The kicker? No brakes. I had the standard transmission, and an emergency brake, that’s all. 383 miles, lots of fun. After a few hours sleep, I made the return journey in a nearly new ¾ ton Ford 4 wheel drive. Truly the lap of luxury.

Oh, yeah, on the return trip, it sleeted and snowed on me. Being an East Texas boy, I had never driven in icy conditions, but I learned. As Clint Eastwood famously said, “Adapt, Improvise, Overcome”.

• Options
    breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710
    nyccarguy said:

Very happy.  The ride is glass smooth.  We love the Honda Sensing Adaptive Cruise Control.  It’s a great road trip vehicle.  We are leaving for a week on Cape Cod on saturday AM.

Have a great trip to Cape Cod and safe travels. My dad grew up there in the Chatham area. I haven’t been back for years, though I’d love to take the kids back some time.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• Options
    When I was a kid in Westchester, we went to summer camp in Clinton Connecticut for many years, even went the summer after we moved to Florida.
    They took us up to Cape Cod a couple of times and it really was a blast. Even made it up to Provincetown. Now for a 15 year old teen, this was a really cool place to be. Remember renting bikes and riding all through the area. Like Breld, I'd love to go back one day and see it again. Hopefully when we both retire, we'll be able to drive up there as our plan is to see America first. Hoping my spinal issues will let us be able to go but am optimistic and think it'll be fine.

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,926
    nyccarguy said:
    Isn’t it great when you have a vehicle you are really happy with?

We head to vacation on the 28th for a week in Diamond Beach. Can’t wait... long overdue!

Enjoy your trip.  

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,279
    edited July 2018
    My 335 is in for service and enterprise gave me a dodge minivan. It has balding Yokohama tires up front and brand new Primewell tires on the back. I didn’t think it was ok to mix different tread patterns - I’m surprised. 
  • Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,267
    I think it’s fine to mix brands / tread patterns, but they should be the same performance category. E.g., no summer tires mixed with all seasons. 

Since we’re talking vacations, any suggestions for the London area? I’m planning to venture out to the Top Gear Museum in Beaulieu. 
  • Options
    xwesx said:

henryn said:

qbrozen said:

I've read that the new Ram 1500 Limited is smooth as silk.
  • Options
    breld said:

Michaell said:

tifighter said:

Michaell said:

tifighter said:

Hey Denver peeps-

My days are pretty booked up, which is too bad as I'd love to see the legendary Denver chapter in action at a car lot. But I could probably do a drinks or happy hour or dinner kind of thing one night on Su/M/Tu.