Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Posts: 14,387
    benjaminh said:

The CR-V hybrid should be impressive, because not only will it be by far the most efficient CR-V, it will also be the most powerful and fastest. Unlike your Acura RDX you won't need to worry about premium fuel, and because the CR-V hybrid should get about 40 mpg city and hwy, it's a good guess that you might save $1000 a year on gas if you drive c. 12,000 miles a year or so. One catch is that discounts and lease incentives will likely be low to non-existent for the first few months it's out. But maybe in a few months discounts will be available.

(But when got my TLX Tech with a list price of $37,650, one of the cars I cross-shopped was the Accord hybrid EX, which was all-new at the time. Even though the Accord had a lower msrp, the lease price was much more a month for the Accord hybrid. In fact, the price was so much more a month that it was clear that gas savings would never get close to making up the difference. That, plus the fact that I liked nearly everything about the TLX much better than the Accord sealed the deal.)

When I was looking at used Ford Fusions I noticed the hybrid versions were priced less than the gas-only powered ones. Is there something wrong with them?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 27,041
    edited February 26
    breld said:

Sonic Gray. It’s been available on the Civic Sport hatch for awhile, on the Type R since 2019, and now newly available in the 2020 CRV.

I like it. :)

I’m definitely a fan of the cement color, when done right on the right car, of course. I think it looks fine on the civic, I love it on the Charger, Challenger, and any pickup truck. Saw a Grand Cherokee just a couple of days ago with it and could not take my eyes off it. Great choice.

I saw one pedestrian sedan with it... I think a hyundai?... but the shade was off. It was too pale. Looked pretty bad.

'19 Ioniq plug-in, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 50-car history and counting!

• stickguystickguy Posts: 35,888
    Farmer, it’s all about what’s selling. But the MSRP is almost always higher for a comparable hybrid.

Leasing on this one is not really an issue. Unless a Lease deal of the century falls into my lap, The wife really prefers buying her car and keeping it, with none of the lease term worries. Fine by me.

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD (wife's)

• ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 12,056
    That paint color depends on the car it is used on. On a low-end econobox it would be depressing. But I saw a Stinger (I think) in that shade and I thought it looked good on it.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

I’ve discovered that we need to see cars outside to decide. Pictures on a computer just don’t translate well.

• tjc78tjc78 South JerseyPosts: 9,895
    The Cement color works on the Charger/Challenger but that's about where it ends for me.

It's pretty popular on the Tacoma and Tundra too.

I'll say this it is better than the Khaki color.

2017 Buick Enclave / 2019 Volvo S60 T6 Inscription

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Posts: 14,387
    stickguy said:

Farmer, it’s all about what’s selling. But the MSRP is almost always higher for a comparable hybrid.

Leasing on this one is not really an issue. Unless a Lease deal of the century falls into my lap, The wife really prefers buying her car and keeping it, with none of the lease term worries. Fine by me.

I was looking at older models (circa 2013). It seems with comparable miles they were not asking similar prices to gas versions. The fact that a hybrid started out at a higher price when new makes me wonder even more if they don’t age well.

I’ve driven some Fusion hybrids and other than not knowing they are running because they’re so quiet they seems to drive as well as other models.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

I know some hybrid vehicles take a beating in the used market because of fears the battery will eventually need replacing, which costs many thousands of dollars. Though I would be surprised if the same fears do not also depress the prices of used Nissans with the problematic CVT.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

• pensfan83pensfan83 PennsylvaniaPosts: 1,724
    tjc78 said:

The Cement color works on the Charger/Challenger but that's about where it ends for me.

I don't think I've ever even seen a Tundra in Quicksand. I think the Tacoma wears it better for obvious reasons ;)
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2018 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD - 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road DC - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
    I know that Honda has an 8 year warranty on the battery pack. Sounds good to me!

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,108
    Quicksand and the cement color both look great on Tacomas. I think we got the worst color (but the best deal).

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

stickguy said:

I know that Honda has an 8 year warranty on the battery pack. Sounds good to me!

Well, imagine that your RDX was a hybrid. One more year and the warranty is kaput. Resale at that point would likely take a hit.

I don't think I've ever even seen a Tundra in Quicksand.

I'm walking distance to a pretty busy Toyota dealer. I've probably seen just about every variation available at one time or another.

• jmonroejmonroe Pittsburgh areaPosts: 8,920
    xwesx said:

The Cement color is definitely in right now, but not a fan on that particular vehicle...

Yeah, that's what we had on our Charger rental last fall. It worked okay on that car, but I certainly would not buy one that way unless it was one of those "the stars aligned" deals. :)
    I don't like that color either and you couldn't align all the stars and moons in our galaxy to get me to have that color on any car I have. People have heard me moan about the old mans charcoal gray on my Jenny more than a few times but that color makes my Jenny look like I paid 3 grand more just for that old mans gray color.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

I think that Khaki color works on that truck. would likely look terrible on something like a Corolla.

Call it whatever you want, but it looks like plain old non-metallic beige to me.

• fintailfintail Posts: 49,518
    That beige truck works IMO. So would cement. Trucky color for a truck, even if most of them will hang out in slapped together crowded subdivisions and faceless office campuses.

I like blue, and I have seen a few of the new RAV4 in that somewhat bright blue, which I somehow don't think suits the car.
    fintail said:

That beige truck works IMO. So would cement. Trucky color for a truck, even if most of them will hang out in slapped together crowded subdivisions and faceless office campuses.

I like blue, and I have seen a few of the new RAV4 in that somewhat bright blue, which I somehow don't think suits the car.

That’s the color of our Tacoma. It’s a popular color for a lot of pickups. I don’t really like it, but agree that it looks worse on the RAV4.

Edmunds Moderator

• 28firefighter28firefighter Seattle, WAPosts: 6,180
    Voodoo Blue...I happen to like it on the Tacoma. That and Cement are my favorites on that truck.
    2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 2019 BMW i3 REX, 2004 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT
    I think it is fine on the truck, a truck can be fun, while IMO the RAV4 is just living Toyota's hyperbolic "fun!" "adventurous!" "exciting!" "bold!" "stylish!" claims, but I am probably jaded by awful local TV spots.
  • pensfan83pensfan83 PennsylvaniaPosts: 1,724
    The Toyota display at the PIT Auto Show had a number of their trucks and SUVs in the Army Green color.

I love Vodoo Blue.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2018 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD - 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road DC - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • suydamsuydam Posts: 4,370
    Grey is good on a truck. Hides some of the dirt. That tan color would be tough to keep clean!
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    I think it is Blazing Blue on a 2017 model

Edmunds Moderator

edited February 26
    tjc78 said:

the Cement and Sand are my two fave colors on the Taco.

But, on a 911? Not so much. I've seen worse, but there are many many better colors for it.

And now I remember the pedestrian sedan I saw. It was a Kia Optima, shown here in the "too pale" cement color. Far worse in person than in this pic.

'19 Ioniq plug-in, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 50-car history and counting!

edited February 26
    while digging for gray vehicles, came upon this Nightfall Gray Metallic Blazer RS. I think this looks great. Not cement, but very cool on this vehicle, nonetheless.

• breldbreld Posts: 4,776
    I haven't paid much attention to the new Blazers, but that does look nice.

@jpp75's Tacoma is the cement color and it definitely suits the vehicle. I am partial to the cavalry blue (I believe that's the name) - the smoky grayish blue.

2019 Volvo V90 XC - 2019 MB GLC300 Coupe - 2014 BMW 228i

blazer does look nice. similar to the modern steel I like on the RDX

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 14,223
    You need to see one of those Blazers in person.
    I walked by one every day for several weeks, same as that one, except blue.
    They don't look as good in real life.
    2019 Lincoln MKZ Reserve 1, 2017 Ford F-150 Limited
    Another name that kind of bugs me (although not nearly as bad as Eclipse). It's not the second coming of this:

More like this:

TrailBlazer would maybe have been more accurate.
    There was an S-10 Blazer, before they renamed it TrailBlazer... :(

Edmunds Moderator

My dad had an S-10 Blazer. His last-ever GM car, if that says anything.
    fintail said:

My dad had an S-10 Blazer. His last-ever GM car, if that says anything.

My neighbors had a pair of them for over a decade, so they seemed to like them. The son still has his as a daily driver.

I'm torn on the new one, not because of the name so much, but because it is one of too many S/CUVs Chevy offers in the marketplace. And I hear Chevy is about to introduce another one.

• andres3andres3 Southern CAPosts: 11,332

The Cement color is definitely in right now, but not a fan on that particular vehicle...

A woman on YouTube called "nardo" grey, as I think Audi was one of the first to offer it, "cement" gray.
    '16 Audi TTS quattro 2.0T, '15 Audi A4 quattro 2.0T, '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion AWD 2.0T
    My dad's was an 85, later ones might have been better. I don't recall it ever breaking down, but even to my young eyes build and material quality seemed suspect, and my dad eventually became afraid it would roll during an evasive maneuver (probably via the warning sticker on the visor). It also ate exhaust manifold gaskets, I remember how it would kind of click until it warmed up and the metal expanded. He traded it for a Grand Caravan, and didn't look back.

Maybe Chevy is pretending to be German and finding something for any possible niche, no matter if it exists or not. I suppose this Blazer slots in between the Equinox and Traverse. Somehow, I don't find the Blazer to be terrible looking, but I know it can be loaded to hit 50K, which makes me snicker a little.
    ab348 said:

My neighbors had a pair of them for over a decade, so they seemed to like them. The son still has his as a daily driver.

I'm torn on the new one, not because of the name so much, but because it is one of too many S/CUVs Chevy offers in the marketplace. And I hear Chevy is about to introduce another one.

My dad had a K5 Blazer that he adored. My sis then had a first gen s10 Blazer with the dreadful 2.8 v6. My mom then had a 2nd gen with the really-good-for-the-time 4.3. She loved that and held it tightly for as long as she could.

• akanglakangl Posts: 3,662
    Daughter's "new" CPO '19 Jeep Compass almost became an unpunch yesterday. She went to empty her storage unit and it decided not to start after she shut it off. She called roadside, I went down there and got it started for her after fussing with it for a few mins, she cancelled roadside. She was beyond upset, her dad had just signed the papers on it the day before (they had let her take it over the weekend since he was out of town).

I went with her to the dealer, talked to the sales manager, he didn't want to undo the deal, understandable since legally they don't have to. They took it into service, reflashed the computer, and so far so good. He gave her his card and assured her he would take care of her personally if anything else happened. I do have to give this dealer credit, they have always been wonderful to us.

She was happy today when she got to take it up in the mountains and enjoy the snow. Hopefully that's the only hiccup for a while, she dealt with enough problems over the past year with the Focus.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 5,244
    "[non-permissible content removed] happens"! That's what I told my daughter after her first accident in December of 2019 and that's it because [non-permissible content removed] does happen. And within a month, they'll be some new [non-permissible content removed] to replace tis coo

2015 Audi A3 (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2)

And that's exactly what did happen. She's onto moving and all the chaos that brings now. Come mid April, she'll be moving again down in Kendall by the Dadeland Mall. I hate moving and haven't done it in a long time. But within a few years, it'll be our turn. But, lots to get done before the move, like my short trip to St. Cloud.
    Being about 2:07 in the morning, my insomnia is back. And, I'm so f'ing tired as I doze at my desk.

2015 Audi A3 (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2)

Probably just best if I put this whole idea on the shelf, as nothing is gonna get done for the forseeable future. Tired of thinking about it and I know you guys are tired of hearing about it. The cooler weather is almost here so let's focus on that. Always nice to work when the temps are down a bit. Wear my light weight hoodie and I'm good to go. February is rapidly drawing to a close and all is good. Think we're gonna be busy the next few days which is fine by me. Just hope I get some fun vehicles to drive! Finally cleaned out the backpack and found lots of old stuff. Thinking I need to do this every Sunday as it's much lighter now. And just less "stuff" for me to lug around.

• xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 13,487
    :D I saw a post by you, at nearly 2230 hours here in Alaska, and thought, "Sandy must be feeling the insomnia again!"

I feel for ya.
    2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2008 and 2013 Subaru Forester(s), 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup
  • ventureventure Central PAPosts: 1,546
    akangl said:

Daughter's "new" CPO '19 Jeep Compass almost became an unpunch yesterday. She went to empty her storage unit and it decided not to start after she shut it off. She called roadside, I went down there and got it started for her after fussing with it for a few mins, she cancelled roadside. She was beyond upset, her dad had just signed the papers on it the day before (they had let her take it over the weekend since he was out of town).

I went with her to the dealer, talked to the sales manager, he didn't want to undo the deal, understandable since legally they don't have to. They took it into service, reflashed the computer, and so far so good. He gave her his card and assured her he would take care of her personally if anything else happened. I do have to give this dealer credit, they have always been wonderful to us.

She was happy today when she got to take it up in the mountains and enjoy the snow. Hopefully that's the only hiccup for a while, she dealt with enough problems over the past year with the Focus.

I bought a new Pontiac Sunbird, manual transmission, as a commuter about a hundred years ago. :smile: The next morning it wouldn't start.

The dealer towed it and replaced a clutch switch that was bad and it was fine then. I drove it for about 2 years without another problem of any kind.

Hopefully your results are the same.

2020 Ascent, 2018 Legacy 3.6R

akangl said:

What exactly did you fuss with?

That had to be something with the "key" fob. My car wouldn't open just now with the fob and my phone in the same pocket.

edited February 27
    akangl said:

Some may remember, but my Dodge Neon's first tow was out of my home's garage on the first morning we owned it. Wish I had never taken it back.

That was an evil omen if there ever was one.
    '16 Audi TTS quattro 2.0T, '15 Audi A4 quattro 2.0T, '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion AWD 2.0T

"[non-permissible content removed] happens"! That's what I told my daughter after her first accident in December of 2019 and that's it because [non-permissible content removed] does happen. And within a month, they'll be some new [non-permissible content removed] to replace tis coo

Hey @Sandy, you wanna rewrite that post so that you can maintain your membership in here? :o

jmonroe

jmonroe said:

Hey @Sandy, you wanna rewrite that post so that you can maintain your membership in here? :o

jmonroe
    How do you know he didn't just type "[non-permissible content removed]" over and over? :smile:
    andres3 said:

jmonroe said:

jmonroe
    How do you know he didn't just type "[non-permissible content removed]" over and over? :smile:
    Well, I guess the only real way is to have a host rat him out but then we'd probably be into a privacy thing like Hippa.

jmonroe

I think my TLX was 2 months old when it was dead in the garage and roadside had to come. But can’t blame the car, turned out to be a defective battery. Rare, but it happens.