Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    Every time we go to the BMW/Mini dealer, have the urge to switch into a loaner CountrymanS, but resisting that urge as best I can. Think I'd really like to get the Golf closer to 75K or wait until right before the 2023 models come out to make any kind of move. Really want the inventory of GTI's to be pretty flexible if in fact I do go that route. That newer interior has me waiting to be honest as we know it's the perfect size except for the 18" alloys which I'd rather not have. I also know the reliability factor ain't what I like but if it works out to drive nicely and be super comfortable, I just might be pushed back into the pool again. If I were still driving over 12K/year, I'd never consider doing this but now that my miles are super low, feel it's doable even though "cheap to keep" is more logical.
    Luckily, we're getting more new vehicles in daily at Enterprise so I'm getting to drive many of them right after they've come off the trucks. Once they get the plates and paperwork done, we're taking them either to PBI or the local stores with the plastic still on the seats, putting in some petrol in most of them just to get them where they need to be. Last week, we had Toyota's, Hyundai's, Chevy's, Dodge's and Jeep's to name a few. Must say, I especially do like the Challengers as they seem to have the best windows of the bunch. Guess I'm partial to them since I had them in driver's ed back in high school and really liked 'em. The thrill is still there I guess.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559
    qbrozen said:

Alright ... this could be interesting. I found a dealer where their website gave me everything up front, applied the proper incentives, applied their advertised discount, spit out the CORRECT lease payment, and let me apply and submit all documents online. If this goes through, I will be FLOORED!!

This is still the Camaro deal, right. I drove another SS today and it was fast. Too fast for winter in NY. Even in the mild Touring setting I couldn’t keep it from kicking sideways under throttle. I hope you’re prepared for the restricted visibility.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,236

corvette said:

Also, it appears that the itch that we all seem to have has no boundaries... I've been jonesing to either buy a beater or start looking for a replacement for the Tundra, despite the fact that there's over a year left on its lease. Never mind that I'm having to do a lot of leisure driving to hit the allowed mileage on the Tundra, or the fact that I'm recovering from a foot injury and it would be difficult to physically browse for or do work on a project car right now.

A beater? You could browse my driveway. I have a couple you could have cheap that run ok that you could have fun with. What’s your pleasure, top down cruising, hauling firewood or hauling junk to the dump?

We have a wide selection.

I have been jonesing after a 2003-2005 Buick Park Avenue Ultra for a while now. We had two older ones of that generation (and several of the previous generations) in my family, so there's some nostalgia involved. The most recent one, I could have bought at a decent price, but it was in fairly rough physical condition, and I'd prefer something cleaner. (Realistically, if I did acquire one, I'd probably get it all cleaned up, take it on one or two road trips, and then sell it within a year, but at that point, the itch would have been scratched.)
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    OF50, you guys still doing 3 days/week up there? I'm still with the same T,W,F schedule I had before the pandemic as they haven't brought back Sundays yet. It's getting a bit harder for me to do the two days in a row but doing the best I can. Love having Mondays off so not quite ready to go back to the every other day schedule I had for so many years at Hertz. Have seen my old office still advertising regularly for drivers down there as seems I started a major departure of driving staff. Only two of the originals are left for some reason. Would never go back to be honest as the increase in pay we got is nice and the closeness to home is outstanding! Can't remember the last time I was on the turnpike on my own dime!
    Have you heard anything about profit sharing for last year? Not a word here so am a bit curious as I do qualify.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889

So. @qbrozen. How many dealers have you burned through today?

haha. Tough to answer. Unfortunately, I didn't keep records from Saturday. I think I killed 6.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Hit 66K earlier today...and all is well! At dinner, talked about going electric or maybe a hybrid and got a positive response to both which surprised me. I could do electric quite easily since I don't drive much anymore and if one vehicle were electric, would like the other to be a regular or hybrid engine just for the longer range and if we need it to go see the kids up in Orlando. Charging on the road is getting a bit better as more and more charging stations are coming online but could be an issue some places. And if we did have one, would definitely have to retrofit the garage to accommodate the quicker charger. Think with the regular outlet, a 12 hour charging period is the norm which could be an issue. But, at least there has been some movement in this area as to what comes next.
    One tire on the Audi is really in need of a replacement I noticed earlier today. The other three are much newer so have to get on the horn and try to locate that one tire to match the others. Personally, I'd just swap out the others if they're more than half way used to have a matched set or even get two/two and go from there. Told her we'll need to get the car out of the driveway and see where each tire stands tread-wise. I'd rather replace before their time so as not to get that emergency phone call while I'm at work screaming "help"! She would rather wait till it's definitely needed so, that's what we'll do and let the cards fall where they may. I'm much more conservative in certain things and as we all know, I hate any vehicular drama whatsoever!

Have you ever recorded the most milage you’ve ever done on a single day? That would be a good gauge of what your range requirement should be. If you consistently drive the same daily route I could see an EV being a viable choice.

I know I was blown away by the acceleration of the Tesla but I don’t know if I could live with it on a daily basis.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

corvette said:

corvette said:

Also, it appears that the itch that we all seem to have has no boundaries... I've been jonesing to either buy a beater or start looking for a replacement for the Tundra, despite the fact that there's over a year left on its lease. Never mind that I'm having to do a lot of leisure driving to hit the allowed mileage on the Tundra, or the fact that I'm recovering from a foot injury and it would be difficult to physically browse for or do work on a project car right now.

A beater? You could browse my driveway. I have a couple you could have cheap that run ok that you could have fun with. What’s your pleasure, top down cruising, hauling firewood or hauling junk to the dump?

I have been jonesing after a 2003-2005 Buick Park Avenue Ultra for a while now. We had two older ones of that generation (and several of the previous generations) in my family, so there's some nostalgia involved. The most recent one, I could have bought at a decent price, but it was in fairly rough physical condition, and I'd prefer something cleaner. (Realistically, if I did acquire one, I'd probably get it all cleaned up, take it on one or two road trips, and then sell it within a year, but at that point, the itch would have been scratched.)
    Those are pretty rare. Might be easier to get a LaSabre or if you need the supercharged 3.8L look at a similar era Rivera.

https://orlando.craigslist.org/ctd/d/orlando-1998-buick-riviera-supercharged/7274681628.html

• tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,591
    breld said:

tifighter said:

I realize I should also qualify the “quicker” comment. Unless you are used to driving cars that do 0-60 sub four seconds, the standard dual motor Y is plenty quick. Plenty. It’s still something like a mid 4 second car. And the passing ability with instant torque and no transmission just doesn’t compare to a ICE car. I doubt you’d be disappointed.

So how does the Model 3 you own and the Model Y you test drove compare to your Model X (different class and purpose I know)?
    Wow, okay, you asked. The 3 is the smallest, lightest, most agile with the most, um, intimate interior size. It is the most efficient option, and comes with the busiest ride (pro tip - best factory ride quality/handling 3 has the 19" sport rims - 18" are LRR tires with stiff sidewalls and least grip, 20" is actually better than you'd expect, but are still 20" at the end of the day). 3 is the clearly the choice to drive in the twisties. If I still lived in the Bay Area, this would be the obvious fun option. Seattle area? Not very twisty.

Y trades some of that immediate feeling for more refinement in the ride/handling category, and adds some interior space, although the interior itself is the same as the 3. Don't misinterpret refinement; it still feels like a sports car compared to, say, my last Volvo. I haven't driven your X3, but I'd imagine it compares quite well. And as I said before, I think the dual motor gives up little to the Performance in the real world. It scoots just fine. But it never hurts to drive them both.

The X is just a different thing all together, designed for a different audience from a different period of Tesla's history. It's heavier, a little softer, roomier and has wacky features that no sane company should try to mass produce - the falcon doors, the mega windshield, the radar sensor auto presenting front doors, etc. Plus there's all-aluminum construction, air suspension and so on. 99% of X shoppers should get the Long Range model. Sure, the Performance is a nearly 3 ton vehicle that hits 60 in under 3 seconds, and it can corner. But it just isn't the type of car that encourages you to push it hard; it's more of a cruiser. The LR version has enough passing power with better range for a lower cost. But I think any X would struggle to keep up with a Y in the corners. But when it straightens out, it's all over.

I love my X. It's hard to describe why, but I'm happy every time I get into it. It feels special. But I'd struggle to recommend a X over a Y for nearly everyone. The Y can do 90% of what the X can, for a lot less money. If you really need the 3rd row, then there is an argument there, and I like the X interior better personally (my wife is the opposite). But really, the Y is a damn good package, and is hard to beat as an all-arounder.

Y versus the 3? Depends on what you need. If it's the sports car role that needs to be filled, the 3 can do that. It's point and shoot. I know that everyone thinks the Germans are better in this category, and they might be, but they will have to be on their toes to keep up with a 3 Performance on an unknown twisty road. Turn in is sharp, grip is impressive and the power out of corners is devastating. But if the role is daily usage, I'd personally take the Y. More practical, easy to live with, same power so nearly as quick. Still fun to drive. And I prefer hatches over sedans all day long. My friend who ordered over the weekend just did this comparison and chose the Y, FWIW.

Does that answer your question @breld ? :D

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

OF50, you guys still doing 3 days/week up there? I'm still with the same T,W,F schedule I had before the pandemic as they haven't brought back Sundays yet. It's getting a bit harder for me to do the two days in a row but doing the best I can. Love having Mondays off so not quite ready to go back to the every other day schedule I had for so many years at Hertz. Have seen my old office still advertising regularly for drivers down there as seems I started a major departure of driving staff. Only two of the originals are left for some reason. Would never go back to be honest as the increase in pay we got is nice and the closeness to home is outstanding! Can't remember the last time I was on the turnpike on my own dime!
    Have you heard anything about profit sharing for last year? Not a word here so am a bit curious as I do qualify.

The company was offering 3 days for the latter part of 2020 but since we work 10-12 hour days some of the people were getting close to averaging over 30 hours a week which would require payment of benefits. So for this year we’re down to two days and about 20 hours/week. That’s plenty for me.

Funny you ask about PS as I’ve been bugging my HR about eligibility. So far they’ve been non responsive. We don’t even know if there will be any profit sharing this year. For what it’s worth, if it’s coming it should appear in your account at the next paycheck.

• breldbreld Member Posts: 6,698
    edited February 2021
    tifighter said:

breld said:

tifighter said:

I realize I should also qualify the “quicker” comment. Unless you are used to driving cars that do 0-60 sub four seconds, the standard dual motor Y is plenty quick. Plenty. It’s still something like a mid 4 second car. And the passing ability with instant torque and no transmission just doesn’t compare to a ICE car. I doubt you’d be disappointed.

So how does the Model 3 you own and the Model Y you test drove compare to your Model X (different class and purpose I know)?
    Does that answer your question @breld ? :D
    Great info. I appreciate it!

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

Playing with the Tesla website right now... They charge extra for black paint on the Model Y, but it doesn't say it's metallic? Weird. Also, they offer a hitch, which begs the question: What's the deal with towing? The early towing tests I saw on the Model X suggested that range was compromised to the point that it was useful for toting a small trailer full of drywall or plywood home from your local Lowe's, but not much else.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    corvette said:

Playing with the Tesla website right now... They charge extra for black paint on the Model Y, but it doesn't say it's metallic? Weird. Also, they offer a hitch, which begs the question: What's the deal with towing? The early towing tests I saw on the Model X suggested that range was compromised to the point that it was useful for toting a small trailer full of drywall or plywood home from your local Lowe's, but not much else.

Is it just a hitch? Or also trailer wiring harness?

I ask because a hitch is good for a few other things besides trailer.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

The tow hitch option on Tesla’s website says “capable of towing 3,500 pounds.”

But I thought I read (like @corvette) that you really couldn’t tow with the Tesla. I’m sure if ordered, the hitch is used primarily for a bike rack or something similar.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    corvette said:

corvette said:

100%jake on YouTube got one of those and has done a series of videos on repairs and upgrades. Look pretty cheap and easy to work on at least, though the supercharger does make it a bit more complicated.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

got curious today and was watching some youtube videos on retirement stuff (can you tell I don't feel like waiting another 8 years?) including SS. So followed the link and made my account to check what my current estimate was. For a change, more than I had in my head. So maybe I can get a better car as a retirement present than I thought!

the other thing I checked was best states to retire in (financially). Of course, my current state finished #1! Too bad that was on the worst states to retire in. Though that was heavily skewed by property taxes. Too bad none of the other states on our short list are much better. Should have gotten the wife moved to Delaware when I had a chance.

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    @qbrozen ...thanks for the “entertaining” post on your interface trying to lease the CAmo.

I’m even more convinced that (like you) having my “one offer only” numbers all ready to go for a purchase (or in this case, a lease) is the only way to do this. I know exactly how much I’m paying before I walk in their showroom.

It becomes a simple “yes” or “no” on their end on whether they’ll do the deal at that point.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    stickguy said:

corvette said:

corvette said:

100%jake on YouTube got one of those and has done a series of videos on repairs and upgrades. Look pretty cheap and easy to work on at least, though the supercharger does make it a bit more complicated.
    Yes, I’ve been watching his videos. His as the same color as the 1987, 1994, 1998, and 2002 that were in my family.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,253
    Here is a list of the 13 states which tax SS income.
    Colorado
    Connecticut
    Kansas
    Minnesota
    Missouri
    Montana
    Nebraska
    New Mexico
    North Dakota
    Rhode Island
    Utah
    Vermont
    West Virginia
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    @explorerx4 - my state exempts SS income, and the first $31k of pension income or IRA/401k withdrawals are tax-free, as well.
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    corvette said:

@explorerx4 - my state exempts SS income, and the first $31k of pension income or IRA/401k withdrawals are tax-free, as well.

On my pension they use a calculation to determine what is taxable. Don’t ask me how it’s figured out.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,537
    One of the area Acura dealers has a very stellar reputation according to Google, Dealerrater, etc. The reviews speak to a good service department, great pricing, friendly staff and so on. However this dealer also uses the manufacturer to dealer cash as the dealer discount so anyone who hasn't done their homework undoubtedly thinks they are getting a good deal. I've wondered how many of those reviews are based on deals that were close to or at MSRP.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,027

Here is a list of the 13 states which tax SS income.
    Colorado
    Connecticut
    Kansas
    Minnesota
    Missouri
    Montana
    Nebraska
    New Mexico
    North Dakota
    Rhode Island
    Utah
    Vermont
    West Virginia

You mean that there are 37 states that do NOT tax SS? Wow. Don't move to Canada.

Up here there are 2 main govt retirement programs. One is Canada Pension Plan, which you pay into while you are employed and the Feds pretend to match your contribution similar to an employee pension plan. You can collect once you retire and turn 60, but if you wait until 65 you get what is supposed to be the full monthly amount which right now I believe is a little bit more than $1000/mo. Just to complicate things even more you can delay that ever further and collect even more once you finally start collecting it. All of that is taxable.

The other is Old Age Security, which is a Federal social program. You become eligible to collect at 65 and again, can delay it for a bigger cheque once you start. It is not a huge amount of money (not sure exactly how much, @driver100 would know) and is income tested, so they start to claw back some of what you would otherwise be entitled to if your income is over a certain amount. What you finally end up receiving is also taxable.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    corvette said:

Pretty sure SS counts towards that $31K limit in KY So, if you are already drawing a pension, or taking RMDs, your SS is going to be taxed. :(

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

corvette said:

On my pension they use a calculation to determine what is taxable. Don’t ask me how it’s figured out.

That's separate from the state income tax exemption, though. A portion of the KY state pension is non-taxable, because you contributed to it. (I do my uncle's taxes, and he is a state retiree).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,253
    SS income is taxed at a Federal level and maybe a Municipal level in some locations, too.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Every state, even in the 37, is different. Some exclude up to a point based on income. And others get you on pension/401k distributions. There are calculators to help since everyone’s situation is different. And that’s just income. Sales taxes and property taxes are also in the mix.

I’m interested in how states rate on the retirement taxes, but we will start with deciding where we want to be (at least region) and use that as a tie breaker. Really doesn’t mean much to us if Florida or Oregon is the cheapest place for us to retire, since we won’t move to either one. But comparing say NY, Vermont, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, that’s worth looking at.

One thing for sure. Too expensive to stay in NJ. Too bad our daughter is leaving Delaware though. That ranked #1, and I actually like areas there! If for some reason we decide to stay in this reason would probably move there. Maybe the beach area.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090
    @explorerx4 - well, that's not a good list, as both our current state (CO) and the state I'd like to move to (NM) are on that list.

But, with real estate costing about 60% in NM what it is in CO, I'm still inclined to move there. High today in my hometown - 43. High today in Las Cruces - 73.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• dad23dad23 Member Posts: 866
    @Michaell - are you originally from NM?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

dad23 said:

@Michaell - are you originally from NM?

I'm actually a California native, but I've lived in Colorado since 1993.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

I looked at a number of different areas as possible retirement zones. But the wife is fixated on being close to family. Unfortunately none of them (well, other than the 2 in N. VA) live anyplace desirable to retire to. So most of the good places are out.

I did tell her that if I agree to go back up north to snow country, the budget better be able to support some sort of snowbird relocation to SC or someplace warmer like that. Say, New years day until 4/1, to avoid the worst of the crap weather.

given a choice, I would probably pick NE Tennessee, or parts of N. Carolina. those to me are the sweet spot of cost, weather, and access to the north east (meaning I could drive in one day (a long day) if I wanted to get back to upstate NY.

though the beach areas in Delaware are nice too.

stickguy said:

given a choice, I would probably pick NE Tennessee, or parts of N. Carolina. those to me are the sweet spot of cost, weather, and access to the north east (meaning I could drive in one day (a long day) if I wanted to get back to upstate NY.

though the beach areas in Delaware are nice too.

My mom is from NE TN originally. Still have some friends and family there. If I could convince the wife to get used to humidity, it could work.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

that isn't humid, compared to down country S. Carolina! Even lower elevations of NC. Probably not all that much different than we get in NJ or NY either.

Memphis, that part of TN was really humid in the summer.

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729

andres3 said:

https://www.automotive-imports.com/vehicle-details/used-2017-bmw-m2--denver-co-id-39321276

From a post above, I like that M2, except I'm not a fan of white. Still, $41K for a low mile M2 wouldn't be the worst way to find out if BMW has figured out how to do DCT's.

The DCT isn't an issue- just follow the European service regimen and change the fluid every 40k miles.
    In the past I would have thought transmission fluid changes at 40k were premature. 50k to me was even a little cautious. But then I had my son’s Fusion in for service and was told the fluid was very dirty at 33k.

Fearing some sort of pending trouble I took it for a flush where the tech confirmed it was “raunchy”. I did further research and found that many manufacturers are recommending 30k fluid changes.

You learn something new every day.

I wonder how many of the common knowledge fluid change beliefs are wrong these days. I mean, until a few years ago I would never even know that brake fluid changes would EVER be needed.

Are these new cars that demanding?
    A lot depends on what you demand out of your vehicle. Do you demand 300+ horses by pushing the throttle down and exceeding 3K RPM, or do you stay south of that border 99.9% of the time? Do you need your car to stop on a dime, or brake like a loaded semi truck? Do you need 1G+ on the skid pad, or does your car never see north of .50?
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    stickguy said:

not really a trick. Just an annoyance since you have to ask for the breakdown sheet. And it isn't every dealer. I have had some up front just give a clear summary of all the numbers on a lease, same as a purchase.

If anything, leases can be easier since if you know the payment you want it to be, can just shop that. $0 due at signing, 36 months/10,000 miles per year, and $350 a month is pretty cut and dried. The only thing that matters is the monthly payment, and I don't care what number gymnastics they have to do to make it work.

Just set the parameters up front and there is only 1 moving part!

You can do the same thing with a purchase by having a bottom line OTD number.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    Just a follow-up to trade-in values for anyone interested...

I was mentioning that Carvana's value on the X3 seemed really low. Vroom's was $4,300 higher and Tesla's was in the middle, but closer to Vroom's.

So Carvana seems to have gone from one extreme to the other.

edited February 2021
    I am glad that I took advantage of their happy to spend period! Twice.

edited February 2021

stickguy said:

while I was over there...

I loved these when they came out. But at the time, with 2 young kids, it wasn't quite practical enough to pull off.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3OgP2oQv/2004-acura-rsx-type-s

And I definitely would not kick this one out of bed for eating crackers. Other than AWD, perfect. If you are getting a 996, this seems like the one you want.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KVaDZM2z/2003-porsche-911-carrera-4s-coupe

and this, is just weird. Might make more sense if you could fit a sports car on the back. But pretty weird, having a kitchen and bed, but no bathroom facilities.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rJyZnjgO/1996-ford-f-53-gulfstream-sun-sport

I always like the rsx but I heard you had to rev the daylights out of it to get the claimed horsepower.
    Yes, but Honda motors like to be revved, can hit 300,000 miles at redline for 99% of its life :open_mouth::open_mouth::smile:
    ab348 said:

Michaell said:

stickguy said:

I can't figure out what the heck model is which on the camaros. I did check Rodo, they do have some LT 1lT models but those aren't V8s. And no where near that cheap! But I have found in the past, when these schemes come up, that the app does not come anywhere near the hack price.

1LT is the turbo 4

LT1 is the V8 (may be seen on line as the 1LZ)
    I was always confused by Chevy’s model and trim designations. 1LT, 2LT, LS, LT etc. then on the Camaro there was RS and SS to designate different power trains. Made shopping very frustrating.
    For the last number of years the RS was simply a trim/wheel package, with nothing different about the powertrain.
    The RS is the Hertz rental special. Exhaust, big tires/wheels. Uninspiring power, handling, and braking.
    edited February 2021
    nyccarguy said:
    I'll guess $5,500 takes it. No mention of the t-belt though.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
    breld said:

I bet the X3 and Leaf get the axe for the Tesla.

That’s my initial thought and makes the most sense. But trying to be patient and enjoy the X3 as I do like it a lot.

Another thought is the Supra for a Model 3, but as fast as they are, certainly doesn’t capture the same feel as the more traditional fun vehicle.

The obvious path is to wait until the end of the year...be able to evaluate the Tesla against the Mach E and Rivian, get halfway at least on the Leaf lease, and be that much closer to actually realizing any tax credits.

But that’s rational thought.
    What made you get the Leaf? Was it just a cheap way to enter the EV waters?
    edited February 2021
    pensfan83 said:

nyccarguy said:
    At least he claims the clutch was just done. I know that’s an expensive job!

edited February 2021
    ATTS equipped cars do have more expensive clutch replacements since the ATTS unit has to come out. One of the reasons I went with the base trim.
    pensfan83 said:

nyccarguy said:
    He said he had the paperwork and lost it. It was done between 100 & 105K miles.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9ngLOYGv/2016-infiniti-q50s-red-sport-400

Seller expects $24K in the "answers" I think they will be disappointed.
    pensfan83 said:

nyccarguy said:
    I think I'd prefer the RSX with much less mileage. Of course, that's why it's been bid up twice as much money. Would make a good "teach everyone in the family manual transmission" car.
    pensfan83 said:

ATTS equipped cars do have more expensive clutch replacements since the ATTS unit has to come out. One of the reasons I went with the base trim.

Thanks for reminding me ;)

andres3 said:

pensfan83 said:

nyccarguy said:
    I think I'd prefer the RSX with much less mileage. Of course, that's why it's been bid up twice as much money. Would make a good "teach everyone in the family manual transmission" car.
    The RSX is a nicer car all around. An extra cog and if my memory serves me correctly, a Limited Slip Differential as well.