Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you in the market for a new car and having a hard time finding affordable options? A reporter would like to speak with you; please reach out to [email protected] by 2/26 for more details.

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

1229923002302230423052381

Comments

  • stickguystickguy Posts: 40,784
    it would be cheaper to buy OF's farm and build from scratch. But that is a seriously nice lot. And hard to argue with 4 garage spots! I assume one of those must be a tandem.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 8,171
    @stickguy - that reminds me of my late great aunt's custom built 1970's house. Still had the indoor and outdoor intercoms (which no longer worked). Had heaters and exhaust fans in the bathrooms, which was super luxe at the time. It had solid bones, but needed a lot of updating. That exterior doesn't look maintenance free, either.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 5,605
    The top of the line Seltos only comes in AWD if you want the turbo, and in South Florida, AWD isn't really needed much at all. But it's a good looking rig and something I think I could end up liking if I could just slide in/out. Only reason for me to get a CUV would be for that reason only as I'm guessing in time, my spinal issues will only get worse.
    Think the blue with the white top is the nicest color combo, even like the blue over blue to be honest.

    2015 Audi A3 (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2)

  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 14,513
    corvette said:


    I understand, but it seems like reviewers have noticed a lack of oomph... The first generation Venza didn't have a hybrid, but the Highlander hybrids up until 2020 had the V6. Looks like the 2020 Highlander Hybrid has an I4 and reduced performance compared to the base V6, like the Avalon (and also the Lexus ES, I think).

    Just yesterday Roadshow posted a review of the RAV4 Prime plug-in hybrid and commented that with over 300 HP combined, its speed was its most notable trait, though the steering and suspension were both sloppy. Of course there was no mention of "hard plastics" inside, unlike in their reviews of domestic offerings where they are apparently contractually obligated to do so.

    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 15,378
    @stickguy,
    Almost $1300 a month in taxes. I thought you trying to get away from that?
    2020 Ford Explorer XLT, 2019 Lincoln MKZ Reserve 1
  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 14,513
    stickguy said:

    clicked on this place (for the garage space and lot!) and man, talk about a time capsule to the late 60's. At least the preserved it like a museum. I can imagine the looks my wife would give me if I took her for a tour of this place. Could do a lot with the space I'm sure, but it is going to suck down a huge amount of money to do it.

    https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/25-Valleyview-Dr_Albany_NY_12208_M32983-69301

    Probably not too far from the farmer.

    Holy 1970, Batman! Though it looks like the kitchen and one of the bathrooms received updates in the '80s, but those are equally dated now. Lots of space, all requiring new finishes. I can just imagine one of those house-flipper shows getting their hands on that place and filling several dumpsters. The huge arch-top windows would be an expensive replacement if they have gone bad, but are a cool design touch.

    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

  • tjc78tjc78 South JerseyPosts: 11,638
    edited December 2020
    ab348 said:

    corvette said:


    I understand, but it seems like reviewers have noticed a lack of oomph... The first generation Venza didn't have a hybrid, but the Highlander hybrids up until 2020 had the V6. Looks like the 2020 Highlander Hybrid has an I4 and reduced performance compared to the base V6, like the Avalon (and also the Lexus ES, I think).

    Just yesterday Roadshow posted a review of the RAV4 Prime plug-in hybrid and commented that with over 300 HP combined, its speed was its most notable trait, though the steering and suspension were both sloppy. Of course there was no mention of "hard plastics" inside, unlike in their reviews of domestic offerings where they are apparently contractually obligated to do so.
    The current RAV’s interior is no better than any other SUV in the class. Well built, but plenty of hard black plastic.

    I was also surprised that my Mom’s which is an XLE with some options lacked Homelink. That’s a big omission at over 30K IMO. The smart key isn’t really smart either. You have to push the button on the remote to open doors then the ignition has the start button. I can’t imagine this saves/makes Toyota any money offering full smart key on the higher models. Other makes have had full keyless on even stripper models for a decade+ now.

    I know Toyota still makes a good car, but they aren’t the same company they were in the early 2000s. I loved all three of mine (2000 Solara, 2003 & 2006 Avalon’s) but other than a killer Tacoma or Tundra lease couldn’t see myself owning one now.

    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum / 2019 Volvo S60 T6 Inscription

  • stickguystickguy Posts: 40,784
    I recall at the time reading about the V6 RAVs being a bit of a "hot rod", but also having squirrely (almost dangerous) driving characteristics (I forget exactly what, but weird steering control maybe?). You know it is bad when the car magazines will call them out for it.

    I don't think they sold very many either, since burning rubber was pretty low on the wish list for most RAV buyers.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • stickguystickguy Posts: 40,784

    @stickguy,
    Almost $1300 a month in taxes. I thought you trying to get away from that?

    They are listed at $6500/year so about $550/mo. Sadly that is around 1/2 of what I pay now, so if I can move someplace where I am only paying that, will think I am in heaven!

    I suspect though that if they house gets reappraised those taxes will jump,

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 179,829
    ronsteve said:

    fintail said:

    WA maybe does it right - plates stay with car for life (unless you get a special plate). No dealing with returning anything.

    Plates stay with the car in Kentucky as well. Whenever I traded anything in before the plate transferred to the new vehicle. And until I got to Kansas where we paid actual property tax on our vehicles, plates didn't have to be turned in. So my collection of plates includes IN, IL, MO, but not KS or NC or the vehicles traded in KY.
    We sell out of state, a lot. Also, where we turn in our leases. So, we always grab the plates. Turning them in to the county clerk makes sure you don't get hit for property tax, the next year.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 179,829
    stickguy said:

    I recall at the time reading about the V6 RAVs being a bit of a "hot rod", but also having squirrely (almost dangerous) driving characteristics (I forget exactly what, but weird steering control maybe?). You know it is bad when the car magazines will call them out for it.

    I don't think they sold very many either, since burning rubber was pretty low on the wish list for most RAV buyers.

    We test drove a V-6 RAV4 in 2011, before we ended up with the Infiniti. Even with leather, the interior was Corolla cheap. And, the headliner was basically fuzzy cardboard.

    Stupid quick, but my wife said no way..

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • tjc78tjc78 South JerseyPosts: 11,638
    edited December 2020
    As much as I just bashed Toyota... the 3.5 2GR V6 is one heck of an engine. Introduced in 2005 I think it’s still up there in terms of refinement.

    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum / 2019 Volvo S60 T6 Inscription

  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 15,378
    @stickguy,
    I looked at the estimated payment section which has a line for taxes.

    Speaking of the Rav4 Prime, I watched a video of the 'Moose Avoidance' test.
    It did not have good results.
    2020 Ford Explorer XLT, 2019 Lincoln MKZ Reserve 1
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 174,584
    Perusing cars.com the other day, I found a local Infiniti dealer that has this in stock.

    I'm sure it's overpriced for being 9 years old, but it looks like something I could buy and keep for 10 years and still not have that many miles on it.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • dad23dad23 ColoradoPosts: 574
    Michaell said:

    Perusing cars.com the other day, I found a local Infiniti dealer that has this in stock.

    I'm sure it's overpriced for being 9 years old, but it looks like something I could buy and keep for 10 years and still not have that many miles on it.

    I like the blue, looks nice, I imagine the mileage is part of the pricing.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 28,796
    nice car, and would definitely last a long time, but, yes, overpriced. There was one at auction just a couple of weeks ago with 37k miles that sold for under $15k. I think $19k for this one would be the absolute end of the world. $17.5k would make more sense to me, personally.

    '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 53-car history and counting!

  • 28firefighter28firefighter Seattle, WAPosts: 7,513
    Really nice car and color combo. My BIL has an 04 G35 Coupe with 139k miles - he is the second owner and bought it CPO. He'll never sell it.
    2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 2007 BMW 530xi Touring 6MT (on loan), 2004 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 14,320
    edited December 2020
    corvette said:

    Anyone else notice that Toyota is making its lineup slower in the quest for hybridization?

    2020 Toyota Sienna (3.5 liter V6)
    296 HP
    0-60 6.9 seconds

    2021 Toyota Sienna (4 cyl. hybrid)
    243 HP
    0-60 7.9 seconds

    2014 Toyota Venza (3.5 liter V6)
    268 HP
    0-60 6.7 seconds

    2021 Toyota Venza (4 cyl. hybrid)
    219 HP
    0-60 7.6 seconds

    This is progress?

    V6 vehicles nearly a second slower than the 2.0 liter 4 in the X1- and only a tick quicker than my 1.6 liter Clubman?
    I'll gladly pass...

    Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i

  • 28firefighter28firefighter Seattle, WAPosts: 7,513
    Didn't know you were the target audience for a Sienna, @roadburner... :D
    2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 2007 BMW 530xi Touring 6MT (on loan), 2004 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 40,784
    not a bad looking Infiniti. love the color combo.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 14,320

    Didn't know you were the target audience for a Sienna, @roadburner... :D

    Well, there are two Toyotas I'd consider- the upcoming 86 and the Supra.

    Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i

  • fintailfintail Posts: 52,614
    edited December 2020
    Yep, if you are patient, you can do almost anything. I remember a long while back. a MB salesman telling me about an older guy who ordered a CLK63 cabrio and decided against almost all options, apparently the residual hit was much costlier than the price of the extras.
    stickguy said:

    can you order to spec? Or does MB not allow that?

  • fintailfintail Posts: 52,614
    I probably bemoan the sycophant copycat design world more than most, but it might not be a new thing. From fins to plump brougham-ification to straight lines and right angles, to jellybeans, the pseudo-aggressive faces and overstyling of so many modern cars is just another chapter in the book of "borrowing".

    I think you can Toyota for that, along with the lemming situation regarding styling these days.

  • fintailfintail Posts: 52,614
    I'd ditch the carpets, but leave a lot of the other finishes. I like the staircase with the little mural. No central HVAC? Even where I am, on that plot of land, in even a semi-decent area, it would be a bit more.
    stickguy said:

    clicked on this place (for the garage space and lot!) and man, talk about a time capsule to the late 60's. At least the preserved it like a museum. I can imagine the looks my wife would give me if I took her for a tour of this place. Could do a lot with the space I'm sure, but it is going to suck down a huge amount of money to do it.

    https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/25-Valleyview-Dr_Albany_NY_12208_M32983-69301

    Probably not too far from the farmer.

  • au1994au1994 GAPosts: 1,878
    fintail said:

    I'd ditch the carpets, but leave a lot of the other finishes. I like the staircase with the little mural. No central HVAC? Even where I am, on that plot of land, in even a semi-decent area, it would be a bit more.


    stickguy said:

    clicked on this place (for the garage space and lot!) and man, talk about a time capsule to the late 60's. At least the preserved it like a museum. I can imagine the looks my wife would give me if I took her for a tour of this place. Could do a lot with the space I'm sure, but it is going to suck down a huge amount of money to do it.

    https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/25-Valleyview-Dr_Albany_NY_12208_M32983-69301

    Probably not too far from the farmer.

    Great bones and a good chunk of land. And yes, it had me at 4 car garage. But...$150k minimum to bring it into the current times. That might even be light.

    2008 Toyota Land Cruiser White over Tan
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

  • stickguystickguy Posts: 40,784
    Nice area, all that land. Would be a good deal if you were all done for less than $500,000.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Posts: 17,218
    corvette said:

    qbrozen said:

    Oh, wait, wait .... THIS is awesome! Love the color.
    https://www.japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1990-nissan-safari-panel-truck/

    It’s a shame Nissan can’t do that kind of quality today.
    Nissan is very pleased to be able to offer you this in 2021:



    That’s an Altima, right? I actually like those. Pretty good ride. What I don’t like is the reputation Nissans are getting for build quality.

    Nissan ads are claiming the Sentra is superior to the BMW 3 series which gives me a laugh every time I see them. I drove a 330i yesterday and other than being a bit easier to get into the Sentra doesn’t exactly compare.

    2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

  • stickguystickguy Posts: 40,784
    That’s the versa. Seems that Nissan is going all Audi. 3 sizes, all look the same.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 14,513
    I thought it was a Sentra.

    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

  • stickguystickguy Posts: 40,784
    I did too. Until I read the license plate and badge! I’m guessing they are making the Sentra a little bigger and nicer, with the versa taking over the cheapskate model.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Posts: 17,218
    edited December 2020
    stickguy said:

    clicked on this place (for the garage space and lot!) and man, talk about a time capsule to the late 60's. At least the preserved it like a museum. I can imagine the looks my wife would give me if I took her for a tour of this place. Could do a lot with the space I'm sure, but it is going to suck down a huge amount of money to do it.

    https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/25-Valleyview-Dr_Albany_NY_12208_M32983-69301

    Probably not too far from the farmer.

    Slingerlands is a nice area and who can argue with a 4 car garage? The neighborhood is secluded with lots of rolling hills and ravines. Just be careful if the property borders the Normanskill creek as the ground is unstable and prone to slides. About a mile from that house a whole car wash ended up in the creek.

    Here’s a geology tutorial that has some good drone footage of the golf course that borders that house’s property.

    2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Posts: 17,218
    stickguy said:

    @stickguy,
    Almost $1300 a month in taxes. I thought you trying to get away from that?

    They are listed at $6500/year so about $550/mo. Sadly that is around 1/2 of what I pay now, so if I can move someplace where I am only paying that, will think I am in heaven!

    I suspect though that if they house gets reappraised those taxes will jump,
    Oh yes indeedy. Your taxes will be based on the current sales price. I bought my 7+ acres as a subdivision of a larger 120 acre farm. The taxes on my vacant parcel were more than the seller’s 120 acres and house combined.

    Welcome to NY. They make up for it by salting the roads until your teeth rust.

    2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 174,584
    qbrozen said:

    nice car, and would definitely last a long time, but, yes, overpriced. There was one at auction just a couple of weeks ago with 37k miles that sold for under $15k. I think $19k for this one would be the absolute end of the world. $17.5k would make more sense to me, personally.

    I’d probably get laughed out of the dealership if I offered $17,500

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 174,584

    Really nice car and color combo. My BIL has an 04 G35 Coupe with 139k miles - he is the second owner and bought it CPO. He'll never sell it.

    My BIL also had a G35 coupe - he drove it until the motor siezed up on him with something north of 140,000 miles. Replaced it with a leased Q50.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • au1994au1994 GAPosts: 1,878
    Michaell said:

    qbrozen said:

    nice car, and would definitely last a long time, but, yes, overpriced. There was one at auction just a couple of weeks ago with 37k miles that sold for under $15k. I think $19k for this one would be the absolute end of the world. $17.5k would make more sense to me, personally.

    I’d probably get laughed out of the dealership if I offered $17,500
    One way to find out :smile:

    2008 Toyota Land Cruiser White over Tan
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 174,584
    au1994 said:

    Michaell said:

    qbrozen said:

    nice car, and would definitely last a long time, but, yes, overpriced. There was one at auction just a couple of weeks ago with 37k miles that sold for under $15k. I think $19k for this one would be the absolute end of the world. $17.5k would make more sense to me, personally.

    I’d probably get laughed out of the dealership if I offered $17,500
    One way to find out :smile:
    Yeah, but I'm not so much worried about getting rejected, but having to explain to the wife what happened if the offer is accepted!

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • stickguystickguy Posts: 40,784
    Different story. But years ago I was playing with EBay motors and put in a lowball bid on a Volvo in Florida. Then 3 days later, minutes left in the auction, I was still winning and dodging emails from the seller. Someone swooped in late and bid to get me off the hook. Though as I recall, it was a good deal. Just sight unseen 1,200 miles away. Didn’t really want to explain that to the boss.

    Point is, don’t make an offer if you don’t want them to accept it.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • stickguystickguy Posts: 40,784

    stickguy said:

    @stickguy,
    Almost $1300 a month in taxes. I thought you trying to get away from that?

    They are listed at $6500/year so about $550/mo. Sadly that is around 1/2 of what I pay now, so if I can move someplace where I am only paying that, will think I am in heaven!

    I suspect though that if they house gets reappraised those taxes will jump,
    Oh yes indeedy. Your taxes will be based on the current sales price. I bought my 7+ acres as a subdivision of a larger 120 acre farm. The taxes on my vacant parcel were more than the seller’s 120 acres and house combined.

    Welcome to NY. They make up for it by salting the roads until your teeth rust.
    If I do get sucked back into NY it pretty much needs to be Saratoga county. But even those people are going to get a tax surprise next year without all the track revenue.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • stickguystickguy Posts: 40,784
    Interesting video. I’ll make sure not to buy a house on the side of a hill!

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • au1994au1994 GAPosts: 1,878
    edited December 2020
    stickguy said:

    Different story. But years ago I was playing with EBay motors and put in a lowball bid on a Volvo in Florida. Then 3 days later, minutes left in the auction, I was still winning and dodging emails from the seller. Someone swooped in late and bid to get me off the hook. Though as I recall, it was a good deal. Just sight unseen 1,200 miles away. Didn’t really want to explain that to the boss.

    Point is, don’t make an offer if you don’t want them to accept it.

    I ended up with an 01 Accord SE that way. Tossed out a lowball lease number and it was accepted. It was fine. The lease on the Explorer was up. Almost. :smile: I think we had 3 cars for 2 months. But it was a smokin deal on the Accord.

    2008 Toyota Land Cruiser White over Tan
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

  • au1994au1994 GAPosts: 1,878
    stickguy said:

    Different story. But years ago I was playing with EBay motors and put in a lowball bid on a Volvo in Florida. Then 3 days later, minutes left in the auction, I was still winning and dodging emails from the seller. Someone swooped in late and bid to get me off the hook. Though as I recall, it was a good deal. Just sight unseen 1,200 miles away. Didn’t really want to explain that to the boss.

    Point is, don’t make an offer if you don’t want them to accept it.

    I ended up with an 01 Accord SE that way. Tossed out a lowball lease number and it was accepted. It was fine. The lease on the Explorer was up. Almost. :smile:

    2008 Toyota Land Cruiser White over Tan
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

  • fintailfintail Posts: 52,614
    A young woman relative of mine recently got a new car, a 2020 Altima. Fairly basic spec, but to her it feels like a new Rolls-Royce compared to her well-used old HHR, and it is her first new car. She's thrilled with it, and I am happy for her. I think she went for the "largest car for the money" strategy, as she told me she was amazed at the deal.

    I've seen Altimas loaded up to well over 35K, which seems silly - but I bet you can get them well under MSRP. The CVT might worry me, if I was going to have it for a long time.



    That’s an Altima, right? I actually like those. Pretty good ride. What I don’t like is the reputation Nissans are getting for build quality.

    Nissan ads are claiming the Sentra is superior to the BMW 3 series which gives me a laugh every time I see them. I drove a 330i yesterday and other than being a bit easier to get into the Sentra doesn’t exactly compare.

  • greg128greg128 Posts: 450
    edited December 2020
    stickguy said:

    corvette said:

    Anyone else notice that Toyota is making its lineup slower in the quest for hybridization?

    2020 Toyota Sienna (3.5 liter V6)
    296 HP
    0-60 6.9 seconds

    2021 Toyota Sienna (4 cyl. hybrid)
    243 HP
    0-60 7.9 seconds

    2014 Toyota Venza (3.5 liter V6)
    268 HP
    0-60 6.7 seconds

    2021 Toyota Venza (4 cyl. hybrid)
    219 HP
    0-60 7.6 seconds

    This is progress?

    I will give up 1 second in those ranges to double the gas mileage. I won't notice the second, but I definitely will notice the $.
    I estimated the savings between the 2 power trains with gas of $2 per gallon to be about $15 per month going 5000 miles a year or $30 per month going !0,000 miles. That is probably 1/10th the depreciation value of a new car and 1/5th the insurance cost per month. I would gladly pay the premium for the punchier engine. I know my wife's Lacrosse is a sweet ride with plenty of power and only requires about $10 a week in gas .Of course with Covid not many miles are being put on it but even with double the miles it would only be using $20 which compared to our overall expenses is insignificant .
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 14,485
    stickguy said:

    clicked on this place (for the garage space and lot!) and man, talk about a time capsule to the late 60's. At least the preserved it like a museum. I can imagine the looks my wife would give me if I took her for a tour of this place. Could do a lot with the space I'm sure, but it is going to suck down a huge amount of money to do it.

    https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/25-Valleyview-Dr_Albany_NY_12208_M32983-69301

    Probably not too far from the farmer.

    Wow; such a time capsule. I like it, for the most part.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup
  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 14,513
    Automotive News reporting that Ford has had to delay the launch of the Bronco until midsummer due to supplier issues they are attributing to COVID. Another launch stumble for that company. This one must be making a lot of people there very nervous.

    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 28,796
    stickguy said:

    Just sight unseen 1,200 miles away.

    What are you trying to say? ;b

    '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 53-car history and counting!

  • corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 8,171
    ab348 said:

    Automotive News reporting that Ford has had to delay the launch of the Bronco until midsummer due to supplier issues they are attributing to COVID. Another launch stumble for that company. This one must be making a lot of people there very nervous.

    Hopefully, it won't have the teething issues of the Explorer.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 174,584
    corvette said:

    ab348 said:

    Automotive News reporting that Ford has had to delay the launch of the Bronco until midsummer due to supplier issues they are attributing to COVID. Another launch stumble for that company. This one must be making a lot of people there very nervous.

    Hopefully, it won't have the teething issues of the Explorer.
    At the moment, I'm not optimistic. Gonna be an angry bunch of off-road bros if there are issues.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 15,378
    Chicago assembly has just about always had issues.
    I will say though, that my Son in Law's 2017 Explorer seems to be well built.
    Bronco variants won't be built there.
    2020 Ford Explorer XLT, 2019 Lincoln MKZ Reserve 1
Sign In or Register to comment.