Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392

@mjfloyd1 said:

@qbrozen said:
    Order submitted for TRX.
    Chapman is 11% off MSRP. Everything taken into consideration, they would come to roughly $800 more than Koons, but Koons wants $1k deposit.

Any delivery estimate for Koons or Chapman?

Did you get any options?

Want so bad. Only for like a week. But want.

2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,949

@mjfloyd1 said:

@qbrozen said:
    Order submitted for TRX.
    Chapman is 11% off MSRP. Everything taken into consideration, they would come to roughly $800 more than Koons, but Koons wants $1k deposit.

Did you get any options?

Nobody wants to give any projections.

My build is 2-tone white, level 1 pack, and a handful of extra safety nannies. Seems like those help resale a fair bit. Came to $79.5k msrp.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    edited November 2021

@stickguy said:
    I'm sure it is overpriced (but these days, who the heck knows?) But this is just a gorgeous car. Love the color combo on it. pretty nicely equipped too.

https://www.royalmotorsnj.com/details-2013-mercedes~benz-e~class-4dr_sedan_e_350_luxury_4matic_ltd_avail_-used-wddhf8jb9da751619.html

That’s actually not bad at all. You found a rare car these days that is very near flat from a year ago rather than UP in value. Would be a fair buy. You could plug the vin into the purchase sites and see what they offer. I’m thinking POSSIBLY $16-17k

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,279

@28firefighter said:

@mjfloyd1 said:

@qbrozen said:
    Order submitted for TRX.

Did you get any options?

When are we targeting landing a man on Mars?

A man can no longer dream? Awkward

• Options
    au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,389
    edited November 2021
    qbrozen said:

Order submitted for TRX.

Congrats! In this crazy market I don’t think you will have a problem realizing a profit. And yeah, thats going to be a fun few weeks while you have it!

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• Options
    Michaell said:

The new G42 M240i has received good reviews in the British press. Similar performance to an M2C with more of a grand touring vibe. If I wanted one I knew that it would likely be a bit of a wait as I want RWD and a sunroof delete, but now with the chip shortage it's impossible to predict what might be deleted on an order. For example, SXM is now deleted with a $350 credit. Supposedly it can be retrofitted later, but my sources tell me that BMW has yet to disclose when/how that will be available.

I’ve read that BMW is ditching the touch screen functionality on some of their models.
    Everyone probably saw that GM is ditching heated seats and steering wheels on the Silverado. Seats could be a dealbreaker for many. Especially at that price point.

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,362

@Michaell said:
    I’ve read that BMW is ditching the touch screen functionality on some of their models.

That’s true, but I never use the touchscreen in a BMW; I always use voice commands or the iDrive controller.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,927

@au1994 said:
    Everyone probably saw that GM is ditching heated seats and steering wheels on the Silverado. Seats could be a dealbreaker for many. Especially at that price point.

If you really need the truck, you’ll buy it and then install aftermarket heated seats.

I’d also wager the heated steering wheel could easily be swapped out with one from a yard.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options

@roadburner said:
    The new G42 M240i has received good reviews in the British press. Similar performance to an M2C with more of a grand touring vibe. If I wanted one I knew that it would likely be a bit of a wait as I want RWD and a sunroof delete, but now with the chip shortage it's impossible to predict what might be deleted on an order. For example, SXM is now deleted with a $350 credit. Supposedly it can be retrofitted later, but my sources tell me that BMW has yet to disclose when/how that will be available.

You really don’t need built in SXM any longer. If you use CarPlay with the SXM app it works just the same.

• Options
    tjc78 said:

@au1994 said:

If you really need the truck, you’ll buy it and then install aftermarket heated seats.

I’d also wager the heated steering wheel could easily be swapped out with one from a yard.

The heated wheel on the Jeep is the first one I have ever had and its nice but I could live without it.

To me heated seats on a $60k truck are table stakes, I don’t care if you live in Death Valley and would never use them. I’m sure there’s not a $500 deduct on the sticker for the lack of them.

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,557

@tjc78 said:

@roadburner said:

You really don’t need built in SXM any longer. If you use CarPlay with the SXM app it works just the same.

If I buy something without XM that’s my plan. I already have the app on my phone. Just won’t be as convenient.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    tjc78 said:

@roadburner said:

I could live without that one too. I’ve never signed up after the freebie expired and when I was commuting daily, I just listed to the local sports talk station and argued with them. Or corrected them “Lamar Jackson was a standout at West Virginia”. What??

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,434

I hate to say this, but all of these auto manufacturers are "pledging" to have an all electric fleet by 2030 or 2040. Every year, more coupes get killed off. Even sedan sales numbers are dwindling as the overwhelming majority of buyers flock to SUVs and Crossovers. The window is closing on the opportunity to own a Coupe with a manual transmission. There are still a handful of cars you can get with a stick out there. I'm glad we are getting the Civic Si/Acura Integra with a 6-Speed. Eventually the stick is going to go away. The last of the Mohegans is going to be the Porsche 911.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    I hate to say it, but I think you are right @nyccarguy. Domestic sedans are all but gone, even the gold standard Camcord numbers are slipping.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see some of the German coupes begin to go away in another 5-10 years, A5, C300, 4 Series. Maybe the Corvette and Mustang will be ‘Murican hold outs. AKA “The last of the Interceptors”.

• Options
    Right now, I'm really tempted to order a Charger Scat Pack for fear they won't be around much longer. Biggest problem is that I'm not terribly in love with the current colors. No hemi orange and no plum crazy. The Gold Rush TA isn't bad, but I don't understand why they heck they don't allow you to get the gold/black interior to match. Makes no sense. Best combo I see is Sinamon with Daytona pack. Still not sure that makes me want to give up my '08, though.

• Options
    Styles have always evolved. Way back most cars were convertibles. 2 doors used to be big sellers.

Times, tastes and needs change. Always have.

Hey, driving an RDX is better than not driving at all! And at least EVs didn’t kill performance cars. Actually made hot rods much easier to come by, and absurdly fast cars much more livable day to day.

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,434
    stickguy said:

Styles have always evolved. Way back most cars were convertibles. 2 doors used to be big sellers.

Times, tastes and needs change. Always have.

Hey, driving an RDX is better than not driving at all! And at least EVs didn’t kill performance cars. Actually made hot rods much easier to come by, and absurdly fast cars much more livable day to day.

What happened at the oil change yesterday? Test drives? Did they make you an offer on your RDX to trade into a TLX?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options

Dealer visit is Monday.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,189
    Next up: Bluebird school bus

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,986
    kyfdx said:

Do they still make Bluebirds? Thomas seems to dominate the market in this area.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,267

I think we’re at 31, not counting all the cars on order that haven’t been delivered yet.

• Options
    sda said:

kyfdx said:

Do they still make Bluebirds? Thomas seems to dominate the market in this area.
    Yes, based in Macon, GA.

• Options
    edited November 2021

Who is buying…. Only a 7-8K ADM for basically a late 2000s vehicle.

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,563
    au1994 said:

tjc78 said:

@roadburner said:

I could live without that one too. I’ve never signed up after the freebie expired and when I was commuting daily, I just listed to the local sports talk station and argued with them. Or corrected them “Lamar Jackson was a standout at West Virginia”. What??

A Redneck is a Redneck, right? B)

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    corvette said:

I think we’re at 31, not counting all the cars on order that haven’t been delivered yet.

I’d think a Maverick and 4xe should hit before year end. Plus I’m sure we can count on @breld for another one. He’s got that big garage and all…

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,733
    If I'm to punch, it won't be until '22; after closing on the new townhouse.
    Either an upgrade of the wifey's CX-5 or my mid-life crisis, part deux.

In mid-life crisis mode, currently the AM DB11 and Porsche 911 are the (used, of course!) objects of my desire. But, again, talking and shopping are free. I'm no bqbreldzen.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    edited November 2021
    Crossed 52,000 miles in the TTS; no noticeable smoke coming from the engine yet. :)

This thing flies at 3K RPM at only 77 MPH so it's usually well north of that.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Luckily Hyundai/Kia still makes sedans for those that want them. My wife is one of those folks who wants a 4-door sedan, won't even consider a CUV. Think she was about to purchase a Kia Forte back in late 2014 before I mentioned the Audi A3. Hopefully, a few automakers will keep producing sedans as there is a market for them, small as it may be.
    Her car hasn't leaked in a couple of days so just going to keep an eye on it & will go from there. Can't see us either replacing the current fleet for at least another year or two. With the chip issue, doesn't much matter as there's really not much out there to choose from. Will just go to our mechanic if any issues crop up. Think I'll be the first one to purchase honestly as I'm ready now.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    au1994 said:

Where are we with punches this year? With @breld being @breld and @qbrozen buying everything but Bluebird schools buses, its got to be a record year.

Oh, haven’t you heard? He’s quietly working a deal on one of those to keep at his newly acquired beach house. His plan is to live in it when Mrs. @qbrozen thinks he’s acting up. To me that sounds better than doing laps around the dining room table when Mrs. j has had enough of my shenanigans.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,315
    qbrozen said:

I confessed to the wife that we have 4 vehicles on order. She said, “you have a PROBLEM. Seriously. Get help.”

My response? “Yes, I have an awful habit of making money. I should stop that.”

Then she calmed down.

Is she contributing to the spending?

If not, why not? :smile:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    2 4xe’s, Mach E and the TRX, right?

Are they all flips or does one of the Jeeps or Mach E stand a change on staying?

• Options
    well, Mach E isn't on order. I just have a deposit on it. haha.
    The other is the Sprinter. That's the keeper, for sure. And one of the 4xes.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    What’s the lead time on 4xe’s these days? Forgot about the Sprinter AKA Family Truckster.

• Options
    tjc78 said:

Who is buying…. Only a 7-8K ADM for basically a late 2000s vehicle.

Maybe you otta get it before the ADM jumps to 10K. Plus, I think the color would look good on you.

jmonroe
  • Options
    I had an 04 4Runner and I don’t think they have fundamentally changed much since then.

• Options

• Options

@au1994 said:
    I had an 04 4Runner and I don’t think they have fundamentally changed much since then.

For whatever it’s worth, Consumer Reports at one point said they preferred the 2003-09-ish generation to the current one.

• Options
    so 2 cars that have zero in common other than being yellow?

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,315
    stickguy said:

so 2 cars that have zero in common other than being yellow?

That's the internet for you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    au1994 said:

What’s the lead time on 4xe’s these days? Forgot about the Sprinter AKA Family Truckster.

Waiting on 2022s at this point, so lead time is probably in the 4-mo range.

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,362
    I might have a punch before year's end- but it's looking increasingly unlikely.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,671
    jmonroe1 said:

au1994 said:

Where are we with punches this year? With @breld being @breld and @qbrozen buying everything but Bluebird schools buses, its got to be a record year.

Oh, haven’t you heard? He’s quietly working a deal on one of those to keep at his newly acquired beach house. His plan is to live in it when Mrs. @qbrozen thinks he’s acting up. To me that sounds better than doing laps around the dining room table when Mrs. j has had enough of my shenanigans.

jmonroe
    Maybe he can buy a school bus and convert it into a pickup thus killing two birds with one stone.

BTW, Bluebirds are considered the low class bargain bus. Internationals are what the cool kids are buying. :p

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    well, a school bus would save a lot of money, since they could cancel the order for the Sprinter.

customize a short bus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PLfAG5CqIo

• Options
    that big bus could make a nice car hauler. Keep the first few rows and still have enough flatbed room to haul a car.

• Options

jmonroe1 said:

au1994 said:

jmonroe
    Maybe he can buy a school bus and convert it into a pickup thus killing two birds with one stone.

BTW, Bluebirds are considered the low class bargain bus. Internationals are what the cool kids are buying. :p
    If that ain’t a Redneck special I don’t know what is.

jmonroe
  • Options
    corvette said:

@au1994 said:

For whatever it’s worth, Consumer Reports at one point said they preferred the 2003-09-ish generation to the current one.

Other than the flat seating position, it was a good truck.

• Options

To get you to call of course.

Try Holman in maple shade. I think they actually have some.