Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Pittsburgh areaMember Posts: 4,667
    corvette said:

jmonroe1 said:

I remember that. How fast was that guy moving to have driven a piece of unistrut clear though that van? Is that guy still employed by Enterprise?

He's lucky it didn't go through his or a passenger's head.
    ————————————————-
    To be honest, if a passenger was in the front seat, it appears to be above head height for most folks. But, that doesn’t mean the passenger wouldn’t have been ducking and let’s not forget about having to clean the heavily soiled front seats. :'(

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis just like jmonroe, '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 20,124
    jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

OF, drove a newish 2022 Kia Sorento at work today and was amazed at how well it was appointed inside plus the way it drove. Was a base model in black over black cloth but was a nice combo in the sunlight. Peppy engine and it seemed to sip the petrol on my 30 mile drive from West Palm to western Coral Springs. Seats were comfy and the cloth was grippy, excellent egress/ingress. Ergonomics were spot on with everything right where it should be and the audio was decent sounding. If in the market for a mid-sized CUV, would definitely have one of these on the short list.
    Earlier in the day, drove a newer Ford Ecosport, Titanium edition which should be top of the line. Had the better audio system, a B&O unit I think, but have no idea what that stands for. The size was dead on perfect for my needs and egress/ingress wasn't bad at all. A bit anemic when I hit the gas pedal but one just would need to plan early to merge into traffic. Looked up the mileage figures and a bit dismal for it's size to be honest. And it's a Ford...something I'd never even consider buying. But for the rental market...why not.

Sandy, today we saw this on our lot:

It’s a Polestar2 EV. I guess it’s true that Enterprise is buying everything that isn’t nailed down.

On the EcoSport I found the interior to be kind of cheap and yeah, it didn’t have a lot of power.
    ————————————————-
    Strange things these EV’s. I never knew you had to wash out the charging port before you hooked up the charging cable. :o

jmonroe
    That’s funny. The charging line is located next to the old car wash. They haven’t used that wash since one of out guys did THIS with a high top van.

————————————————
    I remember that. How fast was that guy moving to have driven a piece of unistrut clear though that van? Is that guy still employed by Enterprise?

jmonroe
    I think the metal was flung through the van as the wash self destructed. Yeah, he’s still employed. The company is very forgiving.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 45,941

Integra road test. Sounds really nice. Even if it is slower to 60 than a corvette. Excellent all around package. If I was getting a “hot hatch” with a manual this would be the one.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD , 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Ecoboost FWD.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,889
    henryn said:

I received my Amex bill online just now, and went over it carefully, as I always do. And it's a good thing I did. SiriusXM jumped from $12 a month to $30. Got online, threated to cancel all services, got it lowered back down to about $16, lowest I could get this time. This is for two vehicles.

I always feel scummy after dealing with them, they are a real bunch of crooks. But I do like the service.

Our one year promotional rate was ending. Last time it was $72 total for the year. The new monthly rate would have been $23. I called, and got another one year rate for $92.

This was yesterday.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 31,030

@stickguy said:
    Integra road test. Sounds really nice. Even if it is slower to 60 than a corvette. Excellent all around package. If I was getting a “hot hatch” with a manual this would be the one.

Wonder why she thinks it is underrated. Acceleration times per the media is very much inline with the old 200hp GTI. A couple tenths slower, in fact.

'08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '21 WRX, '20 S90 T6, '22 4xE. 62-car history and counting! MB Sprinter and '92 Nissan Gloria on the way!

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,288
    qbrozen said:

@stickguy said:

Wonder why she thinks it is underrated. Acceleration times per the media is very much inline with the old 200hp GTI. A couple tenths slower, in fact.

I actually read another article that claimed the same thing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

No clue. MT got 0-60 in 7.1 s with the Civic Si, so, according to their first drive article, "With only 200 hp and 192 lb-ft of torque, plus slightly more mass to contend with than the Civic Si, the identically geared Integra is likely a hair slower to 60 mph than the Si's 7.1 seconds."

7 secs is way too slow for me, unless it is in a minivan or SUV.

'08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '21 WRX, '20 S90 T6, '22 4xE. 62-car history and counting! MB Sprinter and '92 Nissan Gloria on the way!

• graphicguygraphicguy Edmunds Poster EmeritusMember Posts: 13,452
    qbrozen said:

No clue. MT got 0-60 in 7.1 s with the Civic Si, so, according to their first drive article, "With only 200 hp and 192 lb-ft of torque, plus slightly more mass to contend with than the Civic Si, the identically geared Integra is likely a hair slower to 60 mph than the Si's 7.1 seconds."

WoW! My Accord Hybrid is faster than that.
    2022 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    So is my RDX but it doesn’t matter to me. I would get a hellcat if I wanted to drag race. I’ve driven an Si. It’s quick and fun to drive. Very well balanced. Relatively light. And can more than keep up with traffic.

I stopped paying much attention to car magazine numbers after reading an article in C&D about how they get them. I don’t tend to do 4K clutch dump starts at traffic lights. Mid range power, or even 5-60 rolling starts, are a lot more relevant at least to me.

• tjc78tjc78 South JerseyMember Posts: 13,760

@qbrozen said:

Yeah even my Mommy mobile XC90 is quicker.

2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum / 2019 Volvo S60 T6 Inscription

But then why bother with a "hot hatch" at all? If I just wanted something that handled well, I could spend far less than $35k.

stickguy said:

So is my RDX but it doesn’t matter to me. I would get a hellcat if I wanted to drag race. I’ve driven an Si. It’s quick and fun to drive. Very well balanced. Relatively light. And can more than keep up with traffic.

I stopped paying much attention to car magazine numbers after reading an article in C&D about how they get them. I don’t tend to do 4K clutch dump starts at traffic lights. Mid range power, or even 5-60 rolling starts, are a lot more relevant at least to me.

On RWD cars they seldom mention the rear end gear ratios of the particular car they test. If you have 4:11 gears you could have some blistering 0-60 times but the car might be rotten as a daily driver.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• breldbreld Member Posts: 6,169
    edited May 27
    I've only watched one review of the Integra so far (savagegeese)...that video included a great interview with an Acura representative. The reviewer praised the Integra for being a fun, comfortable daily driver, but felt it didn't have enough personality...though he fully acknowledged that is more reflective of current automobiles in general.

I think it's a nice modest upgrade to the Civic and Civic Si offerings, which is exactly what it always was. Since you have to check all the option boxes to get a manual, you're looking at a $9k upgrade over a Civic Si, and whether that's worth it or not is (mostly) subjective. Though I do think you could walk into an Acura dealership and make a reservation at MSRP easier than you can do so for a Civic these days.

I expect a Type S version will borrow the powertrain from the Civic Type R, lose some of the garishness, and gain some balance and comfort. That model will be more of a halo and this base model will benefit from it.

2021 Polestar 2 - 2022 M340i - 2022 X5 - 2021 Bronco - 2004 330i ZHP

qbrozen said:

But then why bother with a "hot hatch" at all? If I just wanted something that handled well, I could spend far less than $35k.

I don’t think it was ever intended (either car) to be a hot rod. If the Si isn’t hard core enough they do make the R version.

Vast majority of integras from the old days had relatively sedate motors. The R stuff was rare at the time too.

If the Si offered comfortable power seats it would be way more desirable. Even without the hatch.

• ronsteveronsteve LooavulMember Posts: 1,075
    stickguy said:

This! When I'm on a cloverleaf ramp at 30-35 and need to quickly get to 65-70, that's where I need the acceleration. That and the ability to get up the rolling hills at reasonable cruising speeds without too much gear hunting.
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2013 VW Jetta 2.5SE
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTMember Posts: 15,359
    Paging @breld to the white courtesy phone. @breld to the white courtesy phone please:

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3BlYMLjb/2003-bmw-m3-coupe

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Unlimited 4Xe

stickguy said:

I don’t think it was ever intended (either car) to be a hot rod. If the Si isn’t hard core enough they do make the R version.

Vast majority of integras from the old days had relatively sedate motors. The R stuff was rare at the time too.

If the Si offered comfortable power seats it would be way more desirable. Even without the hatch.

Hey, you called it hot first. lol. I think we are quite safe calling it simply a hatchback, akin to the pedestrian Golf (although not as much cargo space as the Golf).

nyccarguy said:

Paging @breld to the white courtesy phone. @breld to the white courtesy phone please:

Seems a shame to have only driven that 1000 miles a year.

• tifightertifighter WAMember Posts: 3,141
    I kid because I care B)

21 Tesla 3 Perf / 21 Tesla Y LR / 11 BMW Z4 6MT / 03 Montero Ltd

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 15,844
    As far as hot hatches go, my Club Sport serves as my momentum car; with the Conforti chip it runs the 1/4 mile in the high 15 second range. What makes it really fun is the fact that you have to pay attention to drive it "briskly"- you need to keep the rpms north of 4,500 to stay within the power curve. Contrast that with the N55 in my 2er- which makes maximum torque from 1300-4500 rpm.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

• breldbreld Member Posts: 6,169
    nyccarguy said:

Oh boy - that is pretty. My neighbors may not even notice the difference between this and the newly acquired ZHP!

And what I'd save in shipping costs would make it a screaming deal! :)

Being stock and with those miles? $40k's easy?

2021 Polestar 2 - 2022 M340i - 2022 X5 - 2021 Bronco - 2004 330i ZHP

• andres3andres3 Southern CAMember Posts: 13,146
    qbrozen said:

@stickguy said:

Because they get kickbacks for saying good things.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • andres3andres3 Southern CAMember Posts: 13,146
    stickguy said:

Some people don't just want to keep up with traffic, but PASS traffic, preferably in the left lanes. Also, sometimes you have to take corrective action for a poor merger in front of you, and get up to speed in a hurry.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTMember Posts: 17,476
    E46 M3's had rod bearing issues. A friend of mine had one and had to have them replaced.
    2020 Ford Explorer XLT
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTMember Posts: 15,359
    breld said:

nyccarguy said:

Oh boy - that is pretty. My neighbors may not even notice the difference between this and the newly acquired ZHP!

And what I'd save in shipping costs would make it a screaming deal! :)

Being stock and with those miles? $40k's easy?
    $50k

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Unlimited 4Xe

If I'm getting that engine, I want it in a Z4 M Coupe.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,288
    @tifighter - @roadburner was at the meet?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• sdasda Indian Land, SCMember Posts: 5,732
    xwesx said:

No chance. My wife will not drive the G anymore.

Wives are such a pain.
    Careful now, you never know who is monitoring.. Is you couch comfortable?

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZMember Posts: 5,310

Seems a shame to have only driven that 1000 miles a year.

There's a lot of that going around.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    xwesx said:

No chance. My wife will not drive the G anymore.

Wives are such a pain.
    ———————————————
    AND scaredy-cats. :/

jmonroe
  • tifightertifighter WAMember Posts: 3,141

@28firefighter said:

@xwesx said:
    Wives are such a pain.

She indulges my car habit with a very good sense of humor. She’s the best.

Is she reading this right now? Use 2 emojis if she's reading this right now...

21 Tesla 3 Perf / 21 Tesla Y LR / 11 BMW Z4 6MT / 03 Montero Ltd

• 28firefighter28firefighter Seattle, WAMember Posts: 8,644

;););):#

2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2008 Infiniti G35

;););):#

————————————————
    Can’t you count? :o

jmonroe
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTMember Posts: 17,476
    @jnonroe1,
    Yes he can.
    2020 Ford Explorer XLT

@jnonroe1,
    Yes he can.

————————————————
    OK if you say so but you can’t spell. You should stick to copy and paste. :|

jmonroe
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 15,844
    Michaell said:

@tifighter - @roadburner was at the meet?

No, but that does appear to be a true Club Sport as it has M3 mirrors, although the 16" round spoke wheels have been replaced with 17" E36 M3 alloys.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America I70 & I75 Member Posts: 26,440

I get a letter from Sirusxm at least a month before my subscription(s) run out.

I got an email this time in advance. Two months in advance of the first car expiring on the $72 total year package.

The Travel option is turned on this week as well. I don't know if there's a free SXM if your account is turned off.

I'm hoping when I go online to renew they'll offer a cheap one--year package I can just sign up for without having to joust with a live person.

I am really ambivalent on renewing. I've put a lot of music on CD I can play. It's better than the choices on the channels I have. SXM seems to play the same songs on the channels I like. Over and over.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

I got an email this time in advance. Two months in advance of the first car expiring on the $72 total year package.

The Travel option is turned on this week as well. I don't know if there's a free SXM if your account is turned off.

I'm hoping when I go online to renew they'll offer a cheap one--year package I can just sign up for without having to joust with a live person.

I am really ambivalent on renewing. I've put a lot of music on CD I can play. It's better than the choices on the channels I have. SXM seems to play the same songs on the channels I like. Over and over.
    In my case, the recording said long wait times, but they came on in less than a minute. Told them I wanted another one year plan, and they did it. $20 more than last year.

I didn’t see any options for anything other than monthly plans on the website.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• corvettecorvette United StatesMember Posts: 9,147
    Phone calls are so pre-2010. I use their online chat function.

————————————————
    C’mon man, where’s the fun in jousting with a corpse? :o

jmonroe