Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    @breld That's very cool. Now, you'll have to tell us who is who? (I've met @michaell , naturally)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905

@breld said:
    Had a real fun gathering tonight with @Michaell, @jpp75, @tifighter, and @corvette.

@tifighter and @corvette, thanks for taking the time during your stay in CO to spend time with us!

That’s awesome.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,511

Motley crew but cute dog! And still jealous of the garage……

I’m curious who is who also (other than Michael and the hosts).

And y’all look so young

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    breld said:

Had a real fun gathering tonight with @Michaell, @jpp75, @tifighter, and @corvette.

@tifighter and @corvette, thanks for taking the time during your stay in CO to spend time with us!

Love the pic!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,304
    @breld,
    Awesome, you even have a rescue dog to find visitors who get lost in your garage.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Well, I knew two of them, and guessed on Mrs @breld

But, I got the other three right!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I got the dog right! And guessed that JPP was the tall guy with glasses for some reason.

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    The only one I recognized was the Corgi!
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,385

Awesome photo!

2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,262
    edited June 2022
    It was a great evening! Thanks to @breld and Mrs. @breld for being such gracious hosts and to @jpp75 for giving me a ride out there. It was great to meet @tifighter and @Michaell in person as well.

BTW, that garage seems even larger in person.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418
    Awesome picture!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    stickguy said:

And y’all look so young.

That's because they are, unlike myself and the other geezers on here.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,997
    It was great putting names and faces to the folks on the CCBA discussion. As expected, about 98% of the talk last night was car related.

Thanks for hosting the evening, @breld!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,542
    Michaell said:

Left to right-

@corvette
    @Michaell
    @tifighter
    @breld
    Mrs @breld (holding Acorn the Corgi)
    @jpp75

————————————————
    Thanks for the clarification. However, none of us had any doubt that Mrs. @breld is by far the best looker of the bunch.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)

stickguy said:

And y’all look so young.

That's because they are, unlike myself and the other geezers on here.

————————————————-
    Knock it off. :#

I have a landmark birthday coming up in July. Like I’ve said before, “if I knew I was going to live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself. :'(

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,933
    soooo... Volvo still not fixed. Took it out this morn and got the light to pop on again. Only happens under full throttle at the top of 2nd gear. Even resets as soon as car is turned off and on again. Called dealer and she was nice enough to get them to pull a used car from inventory and bring it to me to take the 90 back. Of course, driver got there and light was off, so I asked him to go for a ride with me. Showed him how I drive to get it to pop on. They brought us an S60, BUT it turned out to be a T8! Battery is drained now but Jeep plug works just fine in it, so I'm charging it up and then I'll get to play with it later.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710
    Well that'll be very interesting to get your take on Volvo's T8 drivetrain!

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

We should have opened the garage door so the Rivian could be in the shot.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

————————————————
    Thanks for telling us now that you were holding out on us. :#

jmonroe
    jmonroe1 said:

Michaell said:

————————————————
    Thanks for telling us now that you were holding out on us. :#

jmonroe
    It was the end of the evening, and nobody thought to do that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@breld said:
    By the way, my son also took a wider shot that did not highlight the group very well...but did indeed put the spotlight on @28firefighter's prior ride!

Now we’re talking!

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,788
    henryn said:

So just now I get a phone call from the support team at Google Ad service. The guy was friendly and helpful, and it seems this is going to be taken care of. I did ask who was using my debit card to pay for Google Ads, or at least what they were selling. He said he didn’t have that information, but I got the strong impression that he did know and wasn’t allowed to say. Probably a matter of liability. If they told me John Doe at 123 Elm Street in Tulsa was responsible, and I went to Tulsa and shot John Doe like the dirty dog that he is, they might share some of the responsibility.

In the realm of heroes, the "guy in the chair" rarely gets to share in credit of any kind. :(
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    breld said:

That's a serious heap of trouble waiting to happen, there!
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    edited June 2022
    breld said:

By the way, my son also took a wider shot that did not highlight the group very well...but did indeed put the spotlight on @28firefighter's prior ride!

Yeah, wow. It sure helps drive home @corvette 's comment earlier about the garage, too!

And, since I've already tagged him in this post, what were your impressions of the Rivian, Corvette?
  • jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    I'll echo the other comments, it was great to get together last night. Appreciate @tifighter and @corvette spending their evening with us!

@breld said:
    Well that'll be very interesting to get your take on Volvo's T8 drivetrain!

Neither me nor my son are impressed. 4.5s 0-60? I don’t know how. It refuses any kind of launch and has major lag. Maybe it is broken or maybe there is a setting I don’t see. We both feel like it lacks compared to my, technically, much slower Charger. And, as expected, it has nowhere near the comfort or composure of the 90. And I hate the sport seat. And thankfully the 90 does not have the stupid tap shifter this one does. 2 taps to go from park to drive or from park to reverse. And a separate button to put into park. Huh??

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710

So…you don’t like the T8 then? 😀

I’ve had a couple test drives with that powertrain, one xc60 and an XC90. I’d say your review is fair. Mags seem to agree too, often citing the T6 as a smoother operating powertrain.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,348
    C/D just posted a comparo of the 400Z and the Supra 3.0, giving the nod to the Supra. I'm honestly surprised that the Nissan is slower than my 2er.
    Disappointing.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

edited June 2022

@roadburner said:
    C/D just posted a comparo of the 400Z and the Supra 3.0, giving the nod to the Supra. I'm honestly surprised that the Nissan is slower than my 2er.
    Disappointing.

Heavy sucker I’m sure (the 400).

ok, second time around ... I figured out how to get it to move. Went into settings and found where I could adjust each aspect into "power" mode. Then tried just using one foot, take it off the brake and stomp the gas. It moved pretty well. I wouldn't call it a fun car.

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,380
    qbrozen said:

ok, second time around ... I figured out how to get it to move. Went into settings and found where I could adjust each aspect into "power" mode. Then tried just using one foot, take it off the brake and stomp the gas. It moved pretty well. I wouldn't call it a fun car.

If it takes that much effort, nor would I.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

@qbrozen said:

Too much work just buy a T6 and put it into Dynamic.

edited June 2022

Here are the two pics I got of the Rivian and its puddle lamps. Weird camera artifacting with the headlights.

that looks like some old cartoon robot I think. can't remember which one though.

have an option to make another motorized purchase this week. The people we are buying our new house from want to leave their snow blower behind and have us buy it. Got a picture of it. a Cub Cadet 28" wide, 21" high. seems to be a fancy beast, with 6 forward 2 reverse gears, and even power steering. they have only been in the house 2 winters and I don't know when they bought it but it doesn't even look used.

probably passing. I really don't want a big beast like that (or likely going to need it). probably a good deal (HD has them at $900, they want $600). Might change my mind but leaning toward no right now.

I might get a midsized battery powered model instead. that should be plenty of capacity for what we would need, and no need to worry about dealing with the engine sitting for extended periods.

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,872
    stickguy said:

have an option to make another motorized purchase this week. The people we are buying our new house from want to leave their snow blower behind and have us buy it. Got a picture of it. a Cub Cadet 28" wide, 21" high. seems to be a fancy beast, with 6 forward 2 reverse gears, and even power steering. they have only been in the house 2 winters and I don't know when they bought it but it doesn't even look used.

probably passing. I really don't want a big beast like that (or likely going to need it). probably a good deal (HD has them at $900, they want $600). Might change my mind but leaning toward no right now.

I might get a midsized battery powered model instead. that should be plenty of capacity for what we would need, and no need to worry about dealing with the engine sitting for extended periods.

They evidently don't want to take it with them. Tell them you really don't want it, but you would take it for $400.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

Yeah. I’d take that. It’s already there.

stickguy said:

that looks like some old cartoon robot I think. can't remember which one though.

———————————————
    That top pic looks like the marking on the release button of Mrs. j’s favorite umbrella.

jmonroe
    stickguy said:

————————————————-
    I should let you talk to my neighbor across the street about a battery powered snow blower that he bought a few years ago. Came with great specs and promises but he doesn’t like it, not enough horse power. I m willing to bet he’d give it to you.

Like our poster buddy @venture said, they don’t want to schlep it with them or bother trying to sell it. So, you should be able to negotiate a better price than what they first threw out at you.

Your call on both of the above.

jmonroe

I’d buy the blower. Yeah it sounds like a beast but the one time you need it you’ll be happy you have it.

I agree offer $400 settle at $500 in the middle.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,081
    stickguy said:

Buy it buy it buy it.

You have no idea what you are getting into up there. You will get more snow than you think. A battery powered one might be able to handle 6" or so of snow but you are heading to big snow country there. The one being offered sounds like a screaming deal. Don't cheap out.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646
    stickguy said:

Ha ha, you guys coming from those balmy southern climates have no idea what you’re in for. :p

For what it’s worth, about 5 years ago I bought a used lawn tractor from Home Depot after some real estate agent used it once and returned it (think returning the big screen TV right after the Super Bowl). It listed for about $1500 and I paid $800. It’s been mowing 5 acres of grass, brush and tree stumps all this time. A true bargain.

If that snow blower is in as good shape as it seems I’d reconsider buying it.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,380

stickguy said:

Ha ha, you guys coming from those balmy southern climates have no idea what you’re in for. :p

For what it’s worth, about 5 years ago I bought a used lawn tractor from Home Depot after some real estate agent used it once and returned it (think returning the big screen TV right after the Super Bowl). It listed for about $1500 and I paid $800. It’s been mowing 5 acres of grass, brush and tree stumps all this time. A true bargain.

Nope! Not for me!

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

stickguy said:

————————————————-
    I think we may have just convinced him to get it. The only way he ain’t gonna need it is if he hires someone to do it or can talk Mrs. @stickguy into doing it. :o

jmonroe
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,977
    au1994 said:

stickguy said:

Nope! Not for me!
    X2!

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav