Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• breldbreld Member Posts: 6,285
    Well, nice try. Way to not get sucked in too much.

I've been starting to see indications (anecdotal) of M2 Comp models ready to dip into the $50k's. I wonder what effect the release of the new M2 will do to resale of the previous gen.

2021 Polestar 2 - 2020 MB E450 Wagon - 2022 GLC300 - 2004 330i ZHP - 2023 MINI Hardtop S

• tifightertifighter WAMember Posts: 3,234
    kyfdx said:

Unreal... win the auction, but under reserve.

I've bid in 5 BaT auctions. I've won three. Two of those were reserve not met. To be fair, he could probably get $56K from Carmax.

21 Tesla 3 Perf / 21 Tesla Y LR / 20 BMW M2C 6MT/ 11 BMW Z4 6MT / 03 Montero Ltd

breld said:

Well, nice try. Way to not get sucked in too much.

I've been starting to see indications (anecdotal) of M2 Comp models ready to dip into the $50k's. I wonder what effect the release of the new M2 will do to resale of the previous gen.

Yeah, I mean, we were all guessing $60K or more, so I understand him holding out. But also, it wasn't absolutely perfect, and there is the buyer's fee.

21 Tesla 3 Perf / 21 Tesla Y LR / 20 BMW M2C 6MT/ 11 BMW Z4 6MT / 03 Montero Ltd

Here's my question to the group, what do you think is fair market? Would you be a buyer at $59K vs the market?

• 28firefighter28firefighter Seattle, WAMember Posts: 8,770

$58-$59k, for me.

2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2022 Hyundai Elantra N
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 210,238
    tifighter said:

Here's my question to the group, what do you think is fair market? Would you be a buyer at $59K vs the market?

What is the fee? 5%?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I start getting more interested in M2 Comps around $55k. That's clearly not market right now, but I have hope it's heading there.

2021 Polestar 2 - 2020 MB E450 Wagon - 2022 GLC300 - 2004 330i ZHP - 2023 MINI Hardtop S

So, I'm curious about BaT...

If the auction is RNM and the seller/buyer still come to an agreement, does the buyer still owe the 5% fee?
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 46,445
    catching up. Been busy here with this new house/state stuff!

I got the same Ford email yesterday. I was actually afraid it would say they were scheduling me for a late October build and I would get a 2022 in December. at this point I want it to roll over so I can upgrade to Lariat! and get a 23.

Farmer, I was not on the Thruway. Now if you travel the Northway between exits 15-10 I seem to be on that one a lot! And mine is the dark (graphite sorta) gray not that lighter one.

funny about that Volvo. Out earlier we got behind a V60 (might have been an V60 CC, I only saw the back briefly) and the wife commented that the Volvo was a nice looking car. I might work her around to trading in the RDX after all! something smaller to fit in garage better, and ideally a hybrid or EV to save on gas. But probably not happening soon. as I pointed out though, with the Maverick around and being close to family, the need for her car to carry a lot of stuff is no longer there so we could pretty much get anything. An XC40 sized something maybe (heck, one of those Toyotas that Sandy likes (the small CUV based on the Corolla) if it was a hybrid could be perfect!)

Or I convince her to get the sporty car "for her". Maybe a Mini,, something like that. Baby Audi (Q3?) So many options!

I did float the idea of a Miata or equivalent joining the fleet. she did not shoot it down. probably an unseen eyeroll but she doesn't care at this point.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD , 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Ecoboost FWD.

• greg128greg128 Member Posts: 503
    edited August 19
    As a principal in a sign shop I had a previous customer come in today to have his Ford Transit Connect Lettered. He told me he paid $46K for it from Carvana (I hope that was with tax) . It is a red 2021 model
    with only a bit over 1500 miles so basically almost brand new. He tried to buy new but there was a wait in addition to a $5000 upcharge over MSRP so he went with this as all of his other vans are red. He told me his monthly payment is over $900 per month (not sure of the down payment or term). Needless to say it was hard to believe these are that these things are commanding those prices.

Another one of my customers who could not find any Ford Transits bought 3 new Sprinters for $55K each and I thought that was high but that is a lot more van for the money. I'm also seeing a few new old style Chevy/GMC vans come in lately but not sure what they are paying. Anecdotally I have not seen a new large Ford Transit in quite a while and people are telling me they are hard to find at the dealers.
    Also had the fun of a DMV run today, to make us legal NY residents. I was of course expecting a nightmare, but it was a shockingly good experience. I made an appointment (highly recommended to do) for 9:15. got there at 9:00, checked in, called right about 9:15, and out the door by 10:00. And this included both of us getting new licenses (side benefit, finally got upgraded to real ID) and doing all the paperwork to get registrations and titles on both cars. People were very friendly and efficient. 5 stars for them!

not very crowded when we arrived. quite busy when we left. Lady helping us said (when I commented on it) that it would easily be a 2 hour+ wait if you just walked in since they always call reservations first.

got the new plates on the cars already. Weird seeing different color ones instead of the pale yellow NJ tags. Now just need to go get them inspected which seems really silly, especially for the Maverick. RDX is do for a service visit, so can likely have the dealer do that one.

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,116
    Cape BMW dealer screwed up my plan to test drive the '19 Estoril 4 vert; it sold pretty quickly. Reasonably priced, for today's market, that is.

So, after doing a few chores early, I put a coat of Z6 on the A7 (stuff is great, easy on/off, instant shine. And, love the smell!) and some tire dressing on the Contis. Make it real purty, just in case. And, off we sailed north to the big city of Norwell...

Made an appointment to drive the new TT "Roadster." Gassed and ready for my arrival, laid back sales dude gave me a few tips (and, I had to remind him it's rather familiar territory as I spent 20 minutes in it a few weeks ago, playing. As well as being a current Audinista). And, off I went, Han Solo.

Was ist? Road/tire noise? Surely, you jest. After a few minutes behind the square-bottom wheel (which, in and of itself was kinda weird feel) I realized I had to reset my expectations bigly; moving from the run silent, run deep cruise missile that is the A7 to the bite sized, brand new tired, buggy with the surrey fringe on top.

So, I'm guessing pipe/artificial exhaust note, did not sound like a turbo 4. And, once I delved into the MMI, noted one can adjust that engine sound. And, the tire/road noise. Which I will accept because, boy, did I enjoy driving au natural. I've never owned a topless, and can't remember the last time I drovve one. My mother was partial to them, ideally white with a red interior.

Initially, turbo-lag, but that may have been my fault, going light on the throttle of this not-mine $57k bathtub. Once I applied a bit more pressure, betterer. Handling seemed benign, not knowing the area, I relied on the nav to take me to what appeared to be twisties; alas each and every one of them had "Slow Children" and/or "School Zone" signs. "But officer, I'm test driving! Isn't that a get out of jail free card?"

Did a stint on the thankfully clear highway, almost lost my ball cap. Raising the wind blocker did make a difference, at speed. And, even with the 90 degree sun beating down, I loved it. The light gray exterior and ball glove tan interior probably helped make it seem like just 89 degrees...

Turned around, put the top up, and cut visibility significantly (the B in B pillar in this case stands for billboard). Thank goodness for the blind spot monitor, which was turned off, of course. As expected, wind noise was cut significantly and the smooth road and perhaps warmed up tires seemed to mitigate some of the noise from down under.

So, with the sage words of OldFarmer en mi cabeza (it's a vert, doesn't have to be a Nurburgring champ), I ponder; I would like to drive a couple more models to compare/contrast.

Sales dude was low key, I think they'd like my A7, but I told him unless you made me an offer I couldn't refuse, likely I'll keep the Walrus and three car it. Unless, of course, wife Marge Simpson continues to make those disapproving noises...

A fond, but bittersweet adieu to my '13 Jaguar XF. And so, I present this laurel, and hearty handshake to the new boss; '21 Audi A7 PHEV. '09 Jag XK , '05 Acura TL, '88 Acura Integra, '84 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo & '78 VW Scirocco ; all special to me. And, of course, the '92 Nissan Sentra SE-R and '95 Saab 900s I bought for the ex... I've yet to buy a car I didn't like. Although, do I really want to drive a car that would have someone such as me as its owner?

• corvettecorvette United StatesMember Posts: 9,360
    @greg128 - Chapman Ford was doing 4% off MSRP on most models for customer ordered cars, not sure whether the Transit was included in that, though. Isn't the Transit Connect basically an old-school Escape with FWD and no turbo four? I'm sure GM is making bank selling those Express vans, as they haven't changed much in decades, and the tooling would have paid for itself a long time ago.
  • tjc78tjc78 South JerseyMember Posts: 14,152

I think the Ram deal is dead. There has been nothing but a calamity of errors. Dealer called yesterday and asked for first payment. I told the guy I’m not paying anything until the windshield is fixed and it’s on a truck.

He knows nothing of this naturally. Put me on hold and found someone who knew what was going on. Next person said windshield was in, scheduled for install today and will be on a truck Sat morning. So I gave them the CC# and paid.

Reached out to broker to tell them it is all paid and when will it be in. He tells me their truck already picked up their vehicles yesterday and mine wasn’t ready so I have to wait for the next truck.

I explained that I’ll be making my second payment before I even get the truck and I’m losing almost a month off my lease. I said if the truck isn’t here by Tuesday to unwind the deal.

Broker called while I was on a work call, so I missed it. Tried to call back twice and he finally texted at 3:10 he would call me in ten mins. That ship sailed.

I’m over it. I have never been given an update without asking and overall poor customer service. I think on Monday I’ll be on the phone with Chrysler capital to figure out how to unwind the deal. I know my CC company will accept the dispute for the broker fee and first payment.

2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 209,741
    tjc78 said:

I think the Ram deal is dead. There has been nothing but a calamity of errors. Dealer called yesterday and asked for first payment. I told the guy I’m not paying anything until the windshield is fixed and it’s on a truck.

He knows nothing of this naturally. Put me on hold and found someone who knew what was going on. Next person said windshield was in, scheduled for install today and will be on a truck Sat morning. So I gave them the CC# and paid.

Reached out to broker to tell them it is all paid and when will it be in. He tells me their truck already picked up their vehicles yesterday and mine wasn’t ready so I have to wait for the next truck.

I explained that I’ll be making my second payment before I even get the truck and I’m losing almost a month off my lease. I said if the truck isn’t here by Tuesday to unwind the deal.

Broker called while I was on a work call, so I missed it. Tried to call back twice and he finally texted at 3:10 he would call me in ten mins. That ship sailed.

I’m over it. I have never been given an update without asking and overall poor customer service. I think on Monday I’ll be on the phone with Chrysler capital to figure out how to unwind the deal. I know my CC company will accept the dispute for the broker fee and first payment.

Ouch, ouch, ouch.

Back to the drawing board? Or, just live with one car for now and drive the RAV4 when necessary?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited August 19
    tjc78 said:

I'd tell them they need to refund the broker fee and cover the lease payments until it arrives at your door. Is this one of the well known brokers on LH?
    Bummer Tom. But, at least this was more of a whim purchase that you did not actually "need". fight the bureaucracy to get your money back, and move on to looking at something else.

Heard from the M2C seller. He says he has a dealer offer for $59K.

edited August 19

The market has spoken. Sounds like he should take it if private sale is offering him $56k…I doubt there is a higher paying private sale than BaT.

@28firefighter
    Yes, ALN. They have tons of Mazda and CDJR deals with overall great reviews.

I just got a text “Hey was putting out a fire”. I said ok… no call, no response.

I’ll deal with it Monday. If it’s not here by Tuesday or I’m made whole with a credit equaling one month it is a dead deal.

@stickguy @Michaell
    Yes this was a bit of a “whim” purchase. It will be difficult with one car at times especially once my daughter is back in dance but we do have my Mom’s car. Wife has also been having more off site meetings too.

We will see how it plays out Monday. Deal is already funded by the bank so it will be tricky.

• henrynhenryn Houston, TXMember Posts: 3,842
    edited August 19
    I hate it when they treat you badly after the deal is supposedly "closed". Seems to be quite common these days though.

"I already have your signature on the dotted line, I don't need to be nice or pay any attention or do anything to help you."
    2019 Chrysler Pacifica, 2013 Ford F150 XL

Safe travels Q! Plenty of room.

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Pittsburgh areaMember Posts: 5,070
    qbrozen said:

————————————————-
    I think you could squeeze an itsy bitzy saltine in there somewhere if you try hard enough. :o

Have a safe trip.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis just like jmonroe, '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • corvettecorvette United StatesMember Posts: 9,360
    @tjc78 - I'd respond with something snarky about them doing nothing to put out *your* fire... I'm also fond of the pejorative "decided to do nothing," if you're really incensed.

@tifighter - bummer on the M2 Comp. If I had a dealer offer of $59k, I'd want to be a good bit north of that to deal with the potential/likely headaches and risk of a private sale. I'm guessing the reserve was $62k or better.
    if they can't get that truck send you a different one. they must have more on hand. or simply make your next payment.

this is the reason I never sign the final papers until I am there to take the car (though I have also never ordered one to be shipped to me). Closest I came was a Volvo overseas delivery, but that isn't quite the same thing!

I might be reading between the lines, but I’d guess if I matched the dealer offer, it would get done. Given that we were all guessing 60 or above earlier today, that wouldn’t seem that out of line.

Well?

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 31,350

Traffic was a nightmare. The first 5 hrs covered a whopping 150 miles.

Anyway, it is 2am, so just a quick note that the Sprinter gets horrendous fuel mileage and is NOT a smooth ride.

'94 Pajero 2.8TD, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '21 WRX, '20 S90 T6, '22 4xE, '92 Nissan Gloria 3.0; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel. 65-car history and counting! '97 Suzuki R Wagon, '97 Alto Works on the way; Wagoneer L on order; and in queue for Lucid Air Pure, Blazer EV, and Fisker Ocean.

think of how bad the ride would be without all that extra weight pressing down on the suspension! and obvious question but did you check and reset the tire pressures when it arrived?

what engine is in that beast anyway? Not that any motor will get very good MPG in the bus. I do recall though that when I rented the Transit van to move my daughter to Boston (a 350 LWB high roof AWD, so all the bad stuff) I was shocked that overall on the trip (lot of highway, some around town) I averaged about 19 MPG. was not that far off of the RDX. I think that was running a NA 3.7l V6.

this moving stuff is expensive. was updating addresses, etc. and made the mistake of checking the account where our primary credit cards are and saw the current balances. My Miata apparently went to amazon, BJs and (because why not it's only money) a subscription to the local theatre broadway series shows (Hamilton is coming back this year!)

good thing we skipped a month of paying the mortgage.

qbrozen said:

Traffic was a nightmare. The first 5 hrs covered a whopping 150 miles.

Anyway, it is 2am, so just a quick note that the Sprinter gets horrendous fuel mileage and is NOT a smooth ride.

Is it really a 4X4? :o

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• graphicguygraphicguy Edmunds Poster EmeritusMember Posts: 13,555
    qbrozen said:

This is getting laughable. Which suppliers are they talking about? I know chips have caught up with demand.

Have they? I mean, there are several manufacturers cutting features because they can't get the parts needed. They then can't charge for those features. Why would they want to do that if they had a choice? I don't know if it is chips, but it is something. I heard, for example, MB was canceling some Sprinter passenger orders because they couldn't get seats, of all things.
    You mean MB can’t find a seat supplier? Every car company in the world can, but Benz can’t? I guess that’s my point.

Came from the chip world before I retired. Still talk to colleagues there regularly. Chips are available. Now, demand is high. So, you may have to pay a little more for them. But, they’re available.

This is all just part of the wholesale movement to move to direct sales. “You want our ACME 4X4 LTS? Got to buy it from ACME directly.”

Dealerships aren’t doing themselves any favors by price gouging, either. New car dealerships as a viable outlet for new vehicles is limited.
    2022 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 31,350

Yes, the van is 4x4 and diesel. The latter is why I thought it would get decent mileage. You ready for this number? 13.5!! I shoulda had a v8 (not that one was actually an option). We knew the ride wouldn’t be supple, but, seriously, for the little time I rode shotgun, I felt like I was on a plane going through turbulence. Even the Jeep felt better on this trip.

Going to be up to the wife, but right at this moment, I’m of the mindset to take that Wagoneer when it arrives.

'94 Pajero 2.8TD, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '21 WRX, '20 S90 T6, '22 4xE, '92 Nissan Gloria 3.0; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel. 65-car history and counting! '97 Suzuki R Wagon, '97 Alto Works on the way; Wagoneer L on order; and in queue for Lucid Air Pure, Blazer EV, and Fisker Ocean.

• sdasda Indian Land, SCMember Posts: 6,026
    stickguy said:

this moving stuff is expensive. was updating addresses, etc. and made the mistake of checking the account where our primary credit cards are and saw the current balances. My Miata apparently went to amazon, BJs and (because why not it's only money) a subscription to the local theatre broadway series shows (Hamilton is coming back this year!)

good thing we skipped a month of paying the mortgage.

Having moved many times I have learned there is nothing easy or cheap about it. I can’t believe we’ve been in our house 18 years as of last June and is the longest by far that I’ve lived anywhere. Second longest 6 yrs. Change is in the wind and we are restless, ready to pick up and move. But where? That is the uncertainty, the challenge and hopefully, reward.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

qbrozen said:

Yes, the van is 4x4 and diesel. The latter is why I thought it would get decent mileage. You ready for this number? 13.5!! I shoulda had a v8 (not that one was actually an option). We knew the ride wouldn’t be supple, but, seriously, for the little time I rode shotgun, I felt like I was on a plane going through turbulence. Even the Jeep felt better on this trip.

Going to be up to the wife, but right at this moment, I’m of the mindset to take that Wagoneer when it arrives.

Didn't they get 5" of rain in Myrtle Beach, earlier this week?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaMember Posts: 17,330
    qbrozen said:

We knew the ride wouldn’t be supple, but, seriously, for the little time I rode shotgun, I felt like I was on a plane going through turbulence.

Seems like a good analogy, since when I saw the pic of the cargo, my immediate thought was that it looked like a cargo bay on an airliner.

This really needs to be a consensus decision IMO. Abdicating that is what got you to this place.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• au1994au1994 GAMember Posts: 2,913
    qbrozen said:

Given those numbers and harsh ride, taking the Wagoneer is a no-brainer. You shouldn’t have a hard time offloading the Sprinter. Around here there are some dealers that specialize in fleet vehicles.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha
    2011 BMW 328i Jet Black over Tan

just don't expect to get that load into a Wagoneer and still have spread out room for the people and dogs!

the ride I can see being a concern but for it's purpose the gas mileage is IMO mostly irrelevant. small price to play for all that function. But it does seem like it should do better. maybe needs to break in?

@stickguy
    When we moved we also bought a ton of new furniture and decor. Plus all the Homegoods, Marshall’s, TJX trips etc.

When I pad that CC statement off I nearly fainted clicking the submit button. Luckily we had the funds due to having a ton of equity in the old house, but wow.

So I’ve said this before but my wife loathes using the credit card all month because she hates the huge chunk of money coming out at once. I do have it set to the middle of the month so at least it’s not near the two mortgages. Anyway, reluctantly she has moved away from the debit card because I’m paranoid.

Well… today proved my point. She went to a luncheon/conference at a hotel in Philly. She pulled up to park and handed the associate the CC for the parking fee. The associate stated she made a mistake and asked for the card back. She assured my wife she cancelled the transaction but apparently did not. I checked the statement this morning and see the $32 real charge but also a $667 charge. Hotel doesn’t want to do anything about it and until it posts I can’t can’t dispute it. He said if it doesn’t come off pending in 30 days it will drop off. If this was a debit card we would be without those funds until it was released.

well, I have yet to pay down the new mortgage so the large amount of equity from the old house is still sitting in the checking account. makes me feel rich every time I look at that balance! But even though there is plenty of money there, it still hurts me deep in my cold, cheap puritan soul to pay those big bills.

no problem though shopping for a toy car. that has been on my list for a while, and was always part of the relo plan (though I should have held out for the 3 car garage!)

though given how little my wife actually drives the sell the RDX and buy a fun car plan to replace it is probably viable. would just have to go with an AT though (otherwise she would mostly have to drive the truck). we actually discussed this the other day (not needing her car) and she did not care about travelling with the Maverick, other than not having XM. which I can stream, and if the new one ever shows up it would be a great replacement since it will have all the required features (ACC and XM) and with the hybrid it will get 2x the MPG local and nearly that much long distance (maybe 60% better).

I love, and have lived off of, credit cards my entire adult life. Using someone else's money for a few weeks, paying balance off in full and getting 2-4% cash back.
    And, thankfully, no incidents that I recall. Ex did have her cc # stolen 2x in a 6 month span, but other than annoyance, it didn't cost us anything.
    What a country!

A fond, but bittersweet adieu to my '13 Jaguar XF. And so, I present this laurel, and hearty handshake to the new boss; '21 Audi A7 PHEV. '09 Jag XK , '05 Acura TL, '88 Acura Integra, '84 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo & '78 VW Scirocco ; all special to me. And, of course, the '92 Nissan Sentra SE-R and '95 Saab 900s I bought for the ex... I've yet to buy a car I didn't like. Although, do I really want to drive a car that would have someone such as me as its owner?

we never use the debit card other than in our banks ATM to get cash. My kids were using them and I read the riot act so they stopped.

My son, the business/math major didn't understand the difference between a credit/debit card. So, he used his cc (his mother's, which she gave him an authorized card) to get cash advances. Which we didn't know until we got the statement. That was not inexpensive.

"Don't yell at me, Dad. Mom already ripped me a new one...twice..."

I don't understand how I didn't impart basic financial wisdom to my son, even though he's very intelligent and a math whiz. One of my many failures, as a parent. :/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• andres3andres3 Southern CAMember Posts: 13,298
    qbrozen said:

I think I have that EXACT same ice chest!
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    I implored both kids, beyond the basics I taught them, to take a personal finance course in college. Whether it was a credit course, or seminar, or audit... Deaf ears, apparently. But, as far as I know, my daughter (the PhD candidate in Biochemical Engineering) may have at least listened to my tutorials.

I've never really made much $ through work, but I think I've done ok by my frugality and making what $ I had work fairly hard.

Now, to heck with it all; I want a convertible! I think.

• andres3andres3 Southern CAMember Posts: 13,298
    corvette said:

@tjc78 - I'd respond with something snarky about them doing nothing to put out *your* fire... I'm also fond of the pejorative "decided to do nothing," if you're really incensed.

@tifighter - bummer on the M2 Comp. If I had a dealer offer of $59k, I'd want to be a good bit north of that to deal with the potential/likely headaches and risk of a private sale. I'm guessing the reserve was $62k or better.

Isn't an auction site a bit different than a full fledged private sale. I thought they did a little "qualification" for the bidders.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    kyfdx said:

I don't understand how I didn't impart basic financial wisdom to my son, even though he's very intelligent and a math whiz. One of my many failures, as a parent. :/

I fear a bit for our kids as they get older, as well as for ourselves in the event they need assistance.

It seems more challenging to grasp the value of money when you’ve grown up getting things with such ease, what with online purchasing and credit cards being the absolute norm. When I was a teenager, and a young adult, I was given the strong impression that credit cards were practically the work of the devil. :)