Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    edited December 2022
    Glad you sold the Gloria and you learned a lot. C & B bids were bogus, so you weren't going to get that extra $1200.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,434
    @pensfan83

Did you replace your radiator & radiator hoses when you did your timing belt/water pump service? Since my radiator is original I was thinking of upgrading to the Aluminum Mishimtoto radiator and Silicone Hoses.

https://www.mishimoto.com/honda-prelude-aluminum-radiator-performance-97-01.html

https://www.mishimoto.com/mishimoto-aluminum-fan-shroud-kit-honda-prelude-97-01.html

https://www.mishimoto.com/honda-accord-silicone-radiator-hoses.html

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    nyccarguy said:

@pensfan83

Did you replace your radiator & radiator hoses when you did your timing belt/water pump service? Since my radiator is original I was thinking of upgrading to the Aluminum Mishimtoto radiator and Silicone Hoses.

https://www.mishimoto.com/honda-prelude-aluminum-radiator-performance-97-01.html

https://www.mishimoto.com/mishimoto-aluminum-fan-shroud-kit-honda-prelude-97-01.html

The price on that radiator doesn't seem out of bounds, but the price on the coolant (antifreeze), OMG!

What happens if you just use the Prestone All Vehicle for $12 a gallon?
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,948
    Just what on earth do you think is the deal with this '77 toyota carina?
    Maybe I should buy it just to find out.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    henryn said:

nyccarguy said:

@pensfan83

The price on that radiator doesn't seem out of bounds, but the price on the coolant (antifreeze), OMG!

What happens if you just use the Prestone All Vehicle for $12 a gallon?
    I spoke to them on the phone and the rep said that OEM Honda coolant is fine if you don't use theirs. He said their synthetic coolant just has a service life of 7-8 years. I bought a gallon of Honda Coolant for $16.22 back in April of 2021. I think I'll need another gallon if I change the radiator.

The stock radiator is original and made of plastic. I've got to have the coolant drained out when I have the timing belt service performed anyway, so I might as well have the radiator replaced. Since I'm going to do that, it might as well be an aluminum radiator that is a direct fit.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,796
    qbrozen said:

received deposit on the Nissan and notification that she booked a shipper on shiply. Awaiting wire transfer today/tomorrow for the balance.

All things taken into account, it is about $1200 less in my pocket than the C&B high bid. Still a good profit for my test subject car.

Yes, and a heck of a bump up in competence (so far) than the previous jokers!
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    qbrozen said:

Maybe I should buy it just to find out.

Looks freakish, but it might make for a fun track toy.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    funds wired already and I've mailed the title. Can I consider this a done deal? Or should I wait till it is trucked away before I can tell my wife "I told you so!"

I'm still in the air on the Mitsu. I even took some bids today on the WRX just to see where I'm at. Looks like I could be pretty close to even on it. Well, not even, necessarily. I put $4k down and pay $424/mo. I've made 10 payments. I could sell now to a dealer, pay off the loan, and get $4k back. So it would be like I leased it for 10 mos. Now, if I was real brave, I could wait for my license (if I ever get it), pay off the loan to get title in hand, and take it to Manheim myself. Probably get back $5k-$6k in hand. But that seems like a lot of trouble, anguish, and risk for ~$1500. Do I WANT to dump the WRX? No, not really. I like it. I don't LOVE it, but it gets the job done and I can count on it. Do I want to trade that for an unknown diesel SUV? On the biggest plus side, I get rid of a $424/mo payment. On the other hand, I keep thinking, as my wife said, I've got the Sprinter to use. Of course, that is not nearly as cool as the Pajero.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095

@qbrozen said:

T R O U B L E

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,267

@qbrozen - didn’t realize you had gotten a Crown Vic to resell.

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Yep, my Opel was made by Izuzu and let me tell ya, a problem from day 1! It was pre=owned which should've been a clue. But it was such a money pit, by February of 1981, it was history! Got it in August of 1977 by using a whole bunch of bar mitzvah bonds plus a generous check from the bank of grandma. She was always doing that kinda stuff. Twice after we bought the condo, she gave me a check for $5K to pay down the mortgage. Think I paid $4K for the Opel and she kicked in $2500 needed after we cashed all those savings bonds. A most wonderful & generous lady who came from the old country & lived the American dream. She'd never waste a cent but, when needed, was generous to a fault even after she left this world! G-d bless her!!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    OF, we didn't even get those cups y'all got from Enterprise & no spread of doughnuts & coffee. Did get a $10 Dunkin Donuts card last year and during the pandemic, they gave out $100 gift cards to a local Italian restaurant for us all to use.
    Hertz was super cheap though. After like 4 years, they gave us a $25 gift card this time of year. My last year there, I worked till December 2nd & they stiffed me on the gift card. First, the boss lied to my face & said no one got one. A co-worker rated him out & said sure, they got them but they said since you didn't stay another 10 days, they decided to not give it to me. Talk about cheap & petty but hey, landed at a much better company so all is good. Would I ever go back, no way in h-ll!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,671
    edited December 2022
    corvette said:

@qbrozen - didn’t realize you had gotten a Crown Vic to resell.

All the seller had to do is text back “right”. Makes you think that the car had all of those defects. Not even a mileage. It was probably a taxi with 500k miles.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options

OF, we didn't even get those cups y'all got from Enterprise & no spread of doughnuts & coffee. Did get a $10 Dunkin Donuts card last year and during the pandemic, they gave out $100 gift cards to a local Italian restaurant for us all to use.
    Hertz was super cheap though. After like 4 years, they gave us a $25 gift card this time of year. My last year there, I worked till December 2nd & they stiffed me on the gift card. First, the boss lied to my face & said no one got one. A co-worker rated him out & said sure, they got them but they said since you didn't stay another 10 days, they decided to not give it to me. Talk about cheap & petty but hey, landed at a much better company so all is good. Would I ever go back, no way in h-ll!

You’re lucky to get out of Hertz without them having you arrested. They have a habit of doing that.

From what I understand you guys at least get free polo shirts. Up here we don’t even get IDs. Once we walked into a dealer to pick up new cars and they wouldn’t give them to us since we couldn’t prove we worked for the company.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,279

@xwesx said:
    Not nice. Don't we have enough of these?! :D

You don’t have to go to pcarmarket.com website, but I know that you will😂

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Found my 4Xe Rubicon for sale at a Carvana in Charlotte, NC for $69,590

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/2598249

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    nyccarguy said:

Did you sell it to Carvana?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

nyccarguy said:

Yes

• Options
    au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,389
    nyccarguy said:

Holy…

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• Options
    edited December 2022
    mjfloyd1 said:

You don’t have to go to pcarmarket.com website, but I know that you will😂

Guilty. :#
  • Options
    nyccarguy said:

kyfdx said:

nyccarguy said:

Yes
    233 miles. :D
  • Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,986

@nyccarguy said:

Just down the street from me.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    edited December 2022
    just got off the phone with the lift dealer I placed an order with. As expected, delivery was going to be a challenge. BUT, he offered that they have installers all over and he could look into that. He called back a few mins later and said the installer in my area would do it for $1k per lift. So they'd shiip it to his place and he'd bring it over and install it. I figured that sounds good to me. So that will put me in for about $9k for units and labor total installed.

Timeframe is early-mid Feb. These particular units aren't being produced yet and expected sometime in Jan.

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,563
    xwesx said:

nyccarguy said:

kyfdx said:

nyccarguy said:

Yes
    ————————————————
    And that was a big reason why they gave him $42,500. :p

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    sda said:

@nyccarguy said:

Just down the street from me.

————————————————
    Try buying it back for him. Maybe he can get a better price next time. o:)

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    qbrozen said:

just got off the phone with the lift dealer I placed an order with. As expected, delivery was going to be a challenge. BUT, he offered that they have installers all over and he could look into that. He called back a few mins later and said the installer in my area would do it for $1k per lift. So they'd shiip it to his place and he'd bring it over and install it. I figured that sounds good to me. So that will put me in for about $9k for units and labor total installed.

Timeframe is early-mid Feb. These particular units aren't being produced yet and expected sometime in Jan.

————————————————
    Do you really want to be a guinea pig?

jmonroe
  • Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    qbrozen said:

He called back a few mins later and said the installer in my area would do it for $1k per lift. So they'd shiip it to his place and he'd bring it over and install it. I figured that sounds good to me. So that will put me in for about $9k for units and labor total installed.

What could possibly go wrong? B)

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,362

Back when the Mazda Miata was introduced I read a review that stated that it looked like something that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would drive; I never got that connection out of my head. So I recently read a Brit review of the G42 M240i; the author wrote that it looked like a Lego version of its predecessor.
    What has been seen-or visualized-cannot be unseen…

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options

@roadburner said:
    Back when the Mazda Miata was introduced I read a review that stated that it looked like something that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would drive; I never got that connection out of my head. So I recently read a Brit review of the G42 M240i; the author wrote that it looked like a Lego version of its predecessor.

Did you notice that Bimmerpost has a 2019 M2C sunset orange, 3 pedal with CF roof. It is in Montreal with 19km (12k miles). Asking 62k

Also 2020 M2C hockenheim silver, 3 pedal but hole in roof with 13k miles. In MD. Asking 62k

😳

• Options

@mjfloyd1 said:

@roadburner said:

Did you notice that Bimmerpost has a 2019 M2C sunset orange, 3 pedal with CF roof. It is in Montreal with 19km (12k miles). Asking 62k

Also 2020 M2C hockenheim silver, 3 pedal but hole in roof with 13k miles. In MD. Asking 62k

😳

$62K CDN = $50.00

• Options
    nyccarguy said:

@mjfloyd1 said:

@roadburner said:

😳

$62K CDN = $50.00

62k USD
  • Options

@jmonroe1 said:
    ————————————————
    Do you really want to be a guinea pig?

jmonroe

Not a new company. Its like getting a corolla cross instead of a corolla. I just wanted this smaller size of a model they are already on several generations of.

• Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,267
    @qbrozen - too bad you don't have a YouTube channel, you could probably get a Bendpak sponsorship.
  • Options
    chatted with the wife about my vehicle dilemma. She, as I could have predicted, says I should keep the WRX. I always wanted one and I'll regret giving it up too soon. PLUS, as I talked it through, it did occur to me that, while the Mitsu might be, let's say, $4k profit, and the WRX would be $4k above payout, the Mitsu would, in fact, be a much larger cash infusion since I'd be getting back in the initial investment as well.

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,926
    edited December 2022

@qbrozen said:
    chatted with the wife about my vehicle dilemma. She, as I could have predicted, says I should keep the WRX. I always wanted one and I'll regret giving it up too soon. PLUS, as I talked it through, it did occur to me that, while the Mitsu might be, let's say, $4k profit, and the WRX would be $4k above payout, the Mitsu would, in fact, be a much larger cash infusion since I'd be getting back in the initial investment as well.

Well there it goes … bringing rational smart money decisions into matters about automobiles. 😎😎

All joking aside, that does sound like a solid plan. Also the WRX is under warranty so won’t cost you anything.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,556
    can't you just keep the Mitsu for a few months to get it out of your system?

but, if you are doing this as a business, the $ decision needs to be the only one that matters.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    I heard something on the news the other day having to do with some sort of a recall on the electric (or partially electric) jeeps. Anyone here have any more information, given how popular they seem to be in the flipping community?
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,362

@cdnpinhead said:
    I heard something on the news the other day having to do with some sort of a recall on the electric (or partially electric) jeeps. Anyone here have any more information, given how popular they seem to be in the flipping community?

There’s a stop sale in effect. The gas motor can shut off without warning.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    edited December 2022
    We were working in Burlington all day today and we stopped at a Nissan dealer who had one of these in his showroom:

https://www.freedomnissan.com/all-inventory/index.htm?year=2012&model=Clipper Mini Truck

2012 Nissan NT100 JDM with a dump body. 350kg load limit. I thought that was too new to be exempt from emissions testing but who knows, maybe Qbrozen Imports can enlighten me.

They also had a pristine 1983 280Z which I would much rather have.

• Options
    The size of that Opel is within the range that I've got to have, 165" to 175". Hoping that Opel will be a better vehicle than the Japanese Izuzu Opel that I had. Total nightmare from day 1!
    Just followed a neighbor home who recently got a new Hyundai Kona N with all the toys. Said they paid a bit over $30K but it's got everything on it she said. Kona really is the perfect size for me but if I'm possibly going to spend that much for a Hyundai vehicle, might as well spend a bit more & just go with the Mini Cooper Countryman and be done with it! I'm sure the Kona N will be a hoot to drive & put that silly grin on my face, but so will the Countryman which I might like a bit more. Warranty wise, Kona N is the clear winner here and think it's reliability will be so much better. Basing that on the three Hyundai vehicles that we've owned in the past and presently. That 5 year bumper to bumper is surely hard to beat. But still, like the looks of the MC better. Both dealers are pretty close to the house, with Hyundai being right outside our development.
    Both dealerships don't have a whole lot of inventory yet and then there's the Chevy Bolt which is still on my short list. Still need to test drive one to see how it drives as that one time drive in a Tesla is the only time I've driven an EV vehicle. Just the thought of never having to pay for petrol again is pretty tempting to be honest...pretty tempting. And then again, there's the Corolla Cross. But, got a feeling that it's going to be just a bit too long for my parking situation. And even though the A3 is being left outside due to my other half's knee issues, I know this situation will end eventually & back on her side of the garage it'll go. Right now, I'm parking on her side of the garage but backing mine in so it'll be easier to pull out in the morning on work days.
    Have only driven the Corolla Cross one time at work and it'll definitely work as far as my d d. It drives just like a regular Corolla and since it's a regular engine, no turbo lag to deal with. Have also driven the MC Countryman a few times, whenever my lead sees one, he makes sure that I'm the one who will be driving it to where ever it's going. And the Kona drives very nicely. The unknown here would be the Chevy Bolt. All have decent visibility out the windows so it'll come down to price, availability when I'm ready to pull the trigger & which out of the four I can see myself living with for the next 7 to 9 years, give or take. Am finally ready to pull the trigger so...time will tell. Once I start only having a 1/4 of a tank, I'll know that time has come when a purchase will be in the near future. I did see a commercial for 0% financing plus cash back with a Hyundai product as I'd love to get 0% or super low financing as there will be no cash payment this time around.

• Options
    jmonroe1 said:

xwesx said:

nyccarguy said:

kyfdx said:

nyccarguy said:

Yes
    ————————————————
    And that was a big reason why they gave him $42,500. :p

jmonroe
    Buying for $42,500 and selling for almost $70k? Talk about swinging for the fence, is that what those Jeeps are going for on the retail market?

• Options
    Finally had the conversation about my work future the other night with the other half. At this point, going down to two days a week might just be the way to go. Stopping completely was met with a great amount of push back, more than I expected. Think the only way that will happen is if my spinal issues or vertigo gets much worse. Bar none of that happening, doing just the two days will definitely be the next step. Not quite there yet but, think within a year or two, might be the first step. Only being 68, working till 70 or 71 could really work but I know that I don't want to be doing this when I'm 80 or above like some of my co-workers are doing. Even though most are down to two days, that's still longer than I really want to go. Hoping in a year or two, we'll be able to get in the car and go see some places in America I've always wanted to go. Take a month or two seeing our great country, close up the house, send the mail to the kid's house and let them pay those monthly bills. Want to see some places before declining health makes that undoable anymore.
    I didn't think the conversation would be so hard for her actually. I know when we talk about our final needs, she shuts me down right away with saying, "the kids will take care of that", something I disagree with. Just know I've got to tread lightly around these two subjects going forward but discussed they must be. If it's one thing I've learned by losing my three siblings so young, nothing in this life is guaranteed. Continually putting off doing things or having these difficult conversations doesn't change the fact that they must be had. Waking up one day to finding one's spouse or significant other no longer there must be the worst nightmare one can go through. I saw how some of my family members went trough these things and it was tough. I just want things to go easily when that time comes with no regrets of what we did...or didn't do for that matter.
    I'm curious if any of y'all have had these conversations with your partners or am I the only one. Since getting so ill in 2018 & almost checking out, end of life decisions have weighed more on me than ever before. And I'm hoping that I'm not alone here in wanting to have all our ducks in a row so to speak. Tough conversations they definitely are but ones that need to be had at some point.

• Options
    Yes OF, we all wear these green polo's that say "Enterprise Holdings" on them with a pocket on the opposite side of the logo for glasses and such. The older polo's had a better feeling fabric than what we've got now so hoping one day they go back to those softer material shirts that breathe better in this heat. Hertz gave us black t-shirts but I always said a polo shirt looks a bit more professional. Guess Enterprise drivers used to wear a whit polo as my old lead gave me one as an extra. Over these last 3 years, have collected about 9 shirts to choose from.
    Was my 3 year anniversary on December 3rd and am waiting for the yearly sit down with the big guy. He already told me he needs to set it up, so we'll see when that'll happen. Will look at my next pay stub a week from Friday to see if my $.25 raise has gone into effect. I'm not holding my breath if you will! And as of yet, nothing planned with the holidays almost here. No doughnuts or gift cards either. Not expecting a thing but thought it would be a nice gesture for us hard working employees!

• Options

We were working in Burlington all day today and we stopped at a Nissan dealer who had one of these in his showroom:

https://www.freedomnissan.com/all-inventory/index.htm?year=2012&model=Clipper Mini Truck

2012 Nissan NT100 JDM with a dump body. 350kg load limit. I thought that was too new to be exempt from emissions testing but who knows, maybe Qbrozen Imports can enlighten me.

They also had a pristine 1983 280Z which I would much rather have.

My understanding is that vehicle would have to be "offroad use only."

• Options

Finally had the conversation about my work future the other night with the other half. At this point, going down to two days a week might just be the way to go. Stopping completely was met with a great amount of push back, more than I expected. Think the only way that will happen is if my spinal issues or vertigo gets much worse. Bar none of that happening, doing just the two days will definitely be the next step. Not quite there yet but, think within a year or two, might be the first step. Only being 68, working till 70 or 71 could really work but I know that I don't want to be doing this when I'm 80 or above like some of my co-workers are doing. Even though most are down to two days, that's still longer than I really want to go. Hoping in a year or two, we'll be able to get in the car and go see some places in America I've always wanted to go. Take a month or two seeing our great country, close up the house, send the mail to the kid's house and let them pay those monthly bills. Want to see some places before declining health makes that undoable anymore.
    I didn't think the conversation would be so hard for her actually. I know when we talk about our final needs, she shuts me down right away with saying, "the kids will take care of that", something I disagree with. Just know I've got to tread lightly around these two subjects going forward but discussed they must be. If it's one thing I've learned by losing my three siblings so young, nothing in this life is guaranteed. Continually putting off doing things or having these difficult conversations doesn't change the fact that they must be had. Waking up one day to finding one's spouse or significant other no longer there must be the worst nightmare one can go through. I saw how some of my family members went trough these things and it was tough. I just want things to go easily when that time comes with no regrets of what we did...or didn't do for that matter.
    I'm curious if any of y'all have had these conversations with your partners or am I the only one. Since getting so ill in 2018 & almost checking out, end of life decisions have weighed more on me than ever before. And I'm hoping that I'm not alone here in wanting to have all our ducks in a row so to speak. Tough conversations they definitely are but ones that need to be had at some point.

If your wife isn’t ready to face the inevitable just go ahead and make your own arrangements and hope you go first.

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,556
    I would tell my wife that if she won't tell me in advance, I am having her stuffed and put out in the shed.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    I've basically done that already when I joined up with The Neptune Society. Paid a fee & it's all done. All kids need to do is get the county medical examiner from where ever I'm living at the time of death to give them the final information. They simply call a phone number & I'm picked up to be cremated and that's that. Wife got mad at me for finally doing this but I'm not just going to do squat here. Told her if I go first, put some of my remains in a small container & bury them with you. Have them spread the rest into the wind to a place to be determined at a later date. I can't help it if she won't deal with death like I do. Now, if she goes first, nothing really changes except the kids make decisions then write a check as she's told me there will be funds left for this purpose. End of story!
    Hate that when we pass, funeral homes have one over a barrel if arrangements have not been made before. Saw my mom and mother-in-law guilted into spending way more than necessary to bury their husbands. Luckily both could well afford it but that's not the point here. At one of a persons most weakest points, they've got to make expensive decisions that if they had done on a pre-needed way, would've cost them a fraction less I'm sure. In grief, folks aren't thinking right & can not make logical decisions as far as I'm concerned. The funeral homes know this and use it to their advantage which I find totally unfair. In ones grief, they aren't thinking normally as they're still processing losing their partner & wondering what happens next. It's the worst possible time to make any kind of important decisions, especially financial ones.
    In my case, I've taken that variable out of the equation. It's already been done for them & my wishes will be done, hopefully. But hey, I'll be gone & won't really care!

• Options
    Hate insomnia, for some reason, I just can't sleep through the night. Maybe the pain wakes me up or I need to see a man about a horse. Something always wakes me up between 2:00 and 3:45 every morning. Even when taking a sleep aid, am up most nights. And since the alarm will ring at 5:55 today, it's a work day, not much time to get any good sleep. Which kinda sucks!

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,926

@Sandman6472 said:
    The size of that Opel is within the range that I've got to have, 165" to 175". Hoping that Opel will be a better vehicle than the Japanese Izuzu Opel that I had. Total nightmare from day 1!
    Just followed a neighbor home who recently got a new Hyundai Kona N with all the toys. Said they paid a bit over $30K but it's got everything on it she said. Kona really is the perfect size for me but if I'm possibly going to spend that much for a Hyundai vehicle, might as well spend a bit more & just go with the Mini Cooper Countryman and be done with it! I'm sure the Kona N will be a hoot to drive & put that silly grin on my face, but so will the Countryman which I might like a bit more. Warranty wise, Kona N is the clear winner here and think it's reliability will be so much better. Basing that on the three Hyundai vehicles that we've owned in the past and presently. That 5 year bumper to bumper is surely hard to beat. But still, like the looks of the MC better. Both dealers are pretty close to the house, with Hyundai being right outside our development.
    Both dealerships don't have a whole lot of inventory yet and then there's the Chevy Bolt which is still on my short list. Still need to test drive one to see how it drives as that one time drive in a Tesla is the only time I've driven an EV vehicle. Just the thought of never having to pay for petrol again is pretty tempting to be honest...pretty tempting. And then again, there's the Corolla Cross. But, got a feeling that it's going to be just a bit too long for my parking situation. And even though the A3 is being left outside due to my other half's knee issues, I know this situation will end eventually & back on her side of the garage it'll go. Right now, I'm parking on her side of the garage but backing mine in so it'll be easier to pull out in the morning on work days.
    Have only driven the Corolla Cross one time at work and it'll definitely work as far as my d d. It drives just like a regular Corolla and since it's a regular engine, no turbo lag to deal with. Have also driven the MC Countryman a few times, whenever my lead sees one, he makes sure that I'm the one who will be driving it to where ever it's going. And the Kona drives very nicely. The unknown here would be the Chevy Bolt. All have decent visibility out the windows so it'll come down to price, availability when I'm ready to pull the trigger & which out of the four I can see myself living with for the next 7 to 9 years, give or take. Am finally ready to pull the trigger so...time will tell. Once I start only having a 1/4 of a tank, I'll know that time has come when a purchase will be in the near future. I did see a commercial for 0% financing plus cash back with a Hyundai product as I'd love to get 0% or super low financing as there will be no cash payment this time around.

The Kona is a nice ride and I’m sure the N is fun, but I could never drive something that small long term. The rental I had felt almost claustrophobic. With the seat adjusted for me, my 7 year old daughter wouldn’t have enough leg room.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve