Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    edited March 2023
    Sort of weird. The 1st quarter isn't over, yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646
    qbrozen said:

Today's spit take. You've been warned.
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1998-subaru-22b-3/

It’s a typo, right? They added an extra 2, right?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,262
    Insane, especially with 115,000 miles.
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604
    kyfdx said:

Sort of weird. The 1st quarter isn't over, yet.

I think they do it by weeks to make the YoY numbers match. The holiday promotions at the beginning of the quarter are probably more meaningful to compare than the last week of the quarter that bleeds into an April weekend. But IDK for sure.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,543

@tjc78 said:

@qbrozen said:
    your secret is safe on the internet

Well at least for the 20 of us regulars

————————————————-
    How many rouges do you think are in that bunch?

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,788
    jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe

So, are you talking about colors, or did you mean "rogues?" :D
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    xwesx said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe

It's the same thing with the Nissan.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,933
    speaking of odd euro vehicles (I know, it was a few days ago), there is a Lancia Thema 2.0T, manual trans and 31k miles, going across tonight. Awaiting condition report. Yes, LHD. Absolutely no comps to go by, so I have no clue what it could go for.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,380
    qbrozen said:

speaking of odd euro vehicles (I know, it was a few days ago), there is a Lancia Thema 2.0T, manual trans and 31k miles, going across tonight. Awaiting condition report. Yes, LHD. Absolutely no comps to go by, so I have no clue what it could go for.

Same platform as the Alfa 164 and Saab 9000 so its a known platform at least. I think it would be a cool find.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

qbrozen said:

oh, and there is a 1988 M6 with an incredulous 15k miles going through tomorrow night. I'll try, but I'm sure it will go WAY out of my budget.

Oh jeez, thats gonna go through the roof. Good luck all the same!

qbrozen said:

There is an older Lancia on BaT, currently.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,081
    qbrozen said:

speaking of odd euro vehicles (I know, it was a few days ago), there is a Lancia Thema 2.0T, manual trans and 31k miles, going across tonight.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

@xwesx said:

That’s what I get for not checking spell check. :#:#

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    ab348 said:

qbrozen said:

speaking of odd euro vehicles (I know, it was a few days ago), there is a Lancia Thema 2.0T, manual trans and 31k miles, going across tonight.

Clarkson has a new series where he bought a farm and intends to do all the work himself. LOL. I suppose it’s easy when you buy a $250k Lamborghini tractor.

https://youtu.be/SJocHZr7RUQ

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,997
    Member needs advice on a used Infiniti

Weren't we just talking about these for Bradd?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,262
    My better half and I watched the second Season of Clarkson's Farm together and generally liked it. However, we expect it to be the final season, as it seems that Amazon has cut ties with Clarkson.
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,385

@qbrozen said:
    oh, and there is a 1988 M6 with an incredulous 15k miles going through tomorrow night. I'll try, but I'm sure it will go WAY out of my budget.

Paging @roadburner to the nostalgic courtesy phone.

2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,348

@qbrozen said:

Paging @roadburner to the nostalgic courtesy phone.

As noted, that car will bring a ridiculous price. Still, I would love to have another S38 powered AR in my garage. Maybe an E34 someday.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

Turned out Lancia had cracked windshield and corroded wheels. Could go aftermarket wheels but no way in heck I’m going to try to source a windshield.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418

Very excited guys! My tires were delivered today. I dropped off my suspension perches and rear sway bar end links & bushings. I forgot I had the fronts too. Will drop those off tomorrow.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

@nyccarguy said:
    Very excited guys! My tires were delivered today. I dropped off my suspension perches and rear sway bar end links & bushings. I forgot I had the fronts too. Will drop those off tomorrow.

————————————————
    Sounds like you should change the name of your biz to “@nyccarguy’s Plumbing and Old Auto Parts Supply Inc”.

jmonroe

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,788
    nyccarguy said:

That's just ridiculously fast! I cannot imagine.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,304
    Tire Rack has a warehouse in CT.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    corvette said:

My better half and I watched the second Season of Clarkson's Farm together and generally liked it. However, we expect it to be the final season, as it seems that Amazon has cut ties with Clarkson.

According to him, not true.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,513
    Carvana dropped my former truck $1,500 and it is now on hold with a pending purchase started.

will be interesting to see if it goes through.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

My sister and nephew are scheduled to test drive on Friday a 2021 Kia Forte GT-Line they found at an independent dealer about 90 miles from where they live.

The price has dropped from $25K in November to $20K today. They "claim" the price is a sale price and that it will be increased at the end of the week.

Uh huh. Sure. They claim to be "no haggle" but I suggested they offer $18,500. We'll see what happens.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

@Michaell,
    Maybe they should call their insurance company to find out how much to insure.
    edited March 2023
    Michaell said:

My sister and nephew are scheduled to test drive on Friday a 2021 Kia Forte GT-Line they found at an independent dealer about 90 miles from where they live.

The price has dropped from $25K in November to $20K today. They "claim" the price is a sale price and that it will be increased at the end of the week.

Uh huh. Sure. They claim to be "no haggle" but I suggested they offer $18,500. We'll see what happens.

So the dealer is having a fire sale on the kia? Or are they saying the current market for a Kia Forte is on fire?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

nyccarguy said:

So the dealer is having a fire sale on the kia? Or are they saying the current market for a Kia Forte is on fire?

Just as long as the Kia is not on fire.

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,271

Thread on Leasehackr where a couple guys are volunteering to give Manheim MMR data

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/want-to-know-mmr-on-a-vehicle-ask-here/459186/42

I noticed a familiar name on there.
    @roadburner - you've got mail

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

That’s good news but the many YT “experts” are still posting videos where they bemoan $30k market adjustments on trucks.

@explorerx4 said:
    I noticed a familiar name on there.

@qbrozen & @28firefighter frequent LH

@mjfloyd1 said:
    Thread on Leasehackr where a couple guys are volunteering to give Manheim MMR data

I think it will spiral into people complaining how dealer trade-in offers are awful because they are below MMR. Through experience, I learned that, to be more accurate, you need to look at the results and put some thought into it. Way too many variables (locations, volume, dates, conditions) that the algorithm seems to ignore. Not to mention fees and costs involved.

I’m more of a lurker these days. I’ve matured. Past me would have absolutely gone after the EQS deal. Current me knows I would hate it within a week or two and be stuck with it.

I know. @explorerx4 was referring to me because I asked about the MMR Value for my Highlander.

Half of the people asking for numbers on 2023 models with 2K miles.. seems like useless and immediately out of date info.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

bidding on that '88 M6 went to about $36k, and it was a no sale.

@kyfdx said:
    Half of the people asking for numbers on 2023 models with 2K miles.. seems like useless and immediately out of date info.

That’s what carvana is for!

@qbrozen said:
    bidding on that '88 M6 went to about $36k, and it was a no sale.

I would have guessed higher on the bids

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,271

@qbrozen said:

@mjfloyd1 said:

I think it will spiral into people complaining how dealer trade-in offers are awful because they are below MMR. Through experience, I learned that, to be more accurate, you need to look at the results and put some thought into it. Way too many variables (locations, volume, dates, conditions) that the algorithm seems to ignore. Not to mention fees and costs involved.

Yes. You thoroughly dissected the data for me on the totaled Q7.

Thanks again

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    Dealing with vertigo again it seems. Woke up after about an hour of sleep Monday night to the room spinning like it did the previous three other times, so I knew what was going on. Went into the kitchen to take my vertigo medication & told my daughter who came in overnight that I think the vertigo had returned. Tuesday morning got up at 5:30 to get ready for work and the room was spinning and just knew that driving was impossible, so I had to call out. Had volunteered to come in Wednesday but had to call out also as the spinning was still going on. Spent most of Tuesday & Wednesday in bed propped up as I was just so tired as it's hard to sleep. Got up today and still a bit dizzy so not sure what I'll do about tomorrow. If I'm still dizzy like I was, of course I won't go in as it's just not safe for me to be behind the wheel. Will not put myself in that situation as I could hurt others or myself if I'm driving.
    Just not sure if this is a sign I need to stop working. This will be my fourth bout with vertigo in the last year & besides the meds & physical therapy, not much more we can do to treat it. And I never know when it's going to start or how long it will last. I hate calling out of work but it's the right thing to do as I'm a real safety hazard when I get vertigo. It's not fair to my boss, so not sure what to do here. The kids have told me to just stop already, retire again, and take it easy. But, don't think I'd be happy in the long run as I really do enjoy my job. If I retired for good, I'd be at home most days either watching the television or surfing the internet & not sure my wife would like me around 24/7 as she works from home most of the time. So have a big decision to make about what's really best for me going forward. I'll be turning 69 later this year which certainly is not old. Most of the folks I used to work with don't work at all & just live their lives. Just don't know what to do here.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

I’m more of a lurker these days. I’ve matured. Past me would have absolutely gone after the EQS deal. Current me knows I would hate it within a week or two and be stuck with it.

I'm internally fighting myself to not try and ditch the Wrangler and pick up a WRX at $5K off:)-

• tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

Ha! Do you really think you could have found someone to sell at 41.7K?

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    That's plain ridiculous that Ford raised the price by that much. Find it hard to believe how they can justify such a large increase. Do see a lot of trailers on the roads bringing new vehicles to dealers in the South Florida area. Seems like most have some inventory and hope that by next year at this time, things will be back to normal where one can go to a dealer & test drive what they might want to purchase. Decided to wait a bit after the new Hyundai Kona is at the dealers before I go test drive and possibly purchase. I know at first there will be a big demand for them and I don't need to be the first to own one. I just can not wait till it comes out. As much as I like the current model, think it best I wait for the new model so not to have any buyers remorse as I know I would have if I bought the current model.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

nyccarguy said:

I'm internally fighting myself to not try and ditch the Wrangler and pick up a WRX at $5K off:)-
    ————————————————
    Just resign yourself to losing the fight. It ain’t worth winning. What kind of a CCBA member are you, anyway? :/

jmonroe
    nyccarguy said:

Ah go for it! I think the WRX is one of those you have to get out of your system. Not unlike the Wrangler, smokin’ deals aside.

Isn’t the WRX manual only? Is that going to cause an issue just in case your wife’s car is out of commission?