Comments

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,464
    edited June 2023
    tifighter said:

Good news @breld !

The ITS has landed-

Wait for it-

:)

Nice car and I was glad I didn’t see any added nonsense on the sticker until I looked over to the side. But I could never afford it even without the dealer installed options.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

edited June 2023
    stickguy said:

I was thinking that $53k was too high. given the options at $70k, no chance!

The RDX needs a service this summer. if I take it to the Acura dealer I will try and take an Integra for a spin. they seem to have a supply of them, even manuals.

might take it to the Honda dealer instead if they are OK with an Acura. Quite a bit cheaper for the same oil and filter, a little bit closer, and they apparently will do a free inspection saving me a trip.

Don’t you have a “guy” yet to do routine stuff like oil changes? I returned to the dealer just once in 8 years for an oil change while the car was in for some minor recall. Other than that I never visit the dealer. I had the same guy for about 50 years and I near cried when he retired last year.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,252
    there is a small shop in the Spa that I found last year to do the inspections. Seem nice enough and could certainly do an oil change. But I always take my cars to the dealer for those when they are under warranty. Actually doesn't cost any extra at most dealers, and I want to have my bases covered if there is ever a problem with the mechanicals under warranty (Ask JM about that situation!) Plus I don't have to worry about them using the correct fluids.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 233,131

Is the $315 "new car prep" the charge for adding on the extras sticker?

Doc fee for the prep.. lol

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• breldbreld Member Posts: 6,691
    Driving reviews of the Integra Type S will be released tomorrow. No reason to think it won’t be a great to drive as the Civic Type R, but not necessarily any better.

I don’t disagree that the $53k MSRP is already high…if my dealer becomes too proud of them and starts adding too much, it’ll be easy to walk away and wait (or more likely, into something like the M240i).

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,291
    edited June 2023

My kiddo woke up with COVID today. Happy Father’s Day to me! Poor dude.

2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,749

@28firefighter said:
    My kiddo woke up with COVID today. Happy Father’s Day to me! Poor dude.

Ugh. That sucks. Hopefully he gets over it quickly.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,000
    tifighter said:

Good news @breld !

The ITS has landed-

Wait for it-

Nearly $1200 for illuminated sill plates? IIRC that's more than on a MB.
  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,366
    stickguy said:

there is a small shop in the Spa that I found last year to do the inspections. Seem nice enough and could certainly do an oil change. But I always take my cars to the dealer for those when they are under warranty. Actually doesn't cost any extra at most dealers, and I want to have my bases covered if there is ever a problem with the mechanicals under warranty (Ask JM about that situation!) Plus I don't have to worry about them using the correct fluids.

————————————————
    You always have to worry about what fluids were used if you don’t do it yourself.

As for the JM situation, the dealer did the last oil change (less than 500 miles on the oil) before the engine blew with less than 45K miles on the XG 350. When I pointed out that the window sticker showed they used 5W 20 oil when the specs called for 10W 30, the service manager said the mechanic used the correct oil but put the wrong sticker on the window. When I pointed out to him that the same mechanic or one that was just as incompetent logged the wrong mileage (which was their reason for bouncing the warranty on the engine), on a service receipt when I had the car in for service about 2 months earlier, his response was, “we don’t make mistakes like that”. Like I was supposed to believe that.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,325

Wow! An $8,500 markup plus blessings! Impressive!

@28firefighter - I hope your little guy gets better soon and you and your wife stay healthy!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,251
    @28firefighter I hope your son recovers quickly.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

kyfdx said:

Happy Father's Day to all who observe.. :#

————————————————
    I’m all for that. Thanks.

Years ago when I was working our group secretary said to a group of us guys one Friday before we left work, “Happy Fathers Day guys”. We thanked her but one guy said, “Fathers Day confuses me”. When she asked why he said, “I’ve been called a mother many times but never a father”. Far from being the bashful type she said, “yeah, and over the years I’ve been one of those”.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    @28firefighter, here’s hoping you’re little guy gets over it quickly. From what I’ve heard, when kids get it today they bounce back to normal in a day or two and some aren’t even phased by it. Just test positive.

jmonroe
    fintail said:

tifighter said:

Good news @breld !

The ITS has landed-

Wait for it-

————————————————
    With the popularity of “blacked-out” stuff today, I think they charge even more for the blacked-out option.

jmonroe

Did my part to help out my in laws yesterday. MIL picked up her red Crosstrek Limited. Really nice color with all of the black cladding. I told her to call me with any questions while she was at the dealer of F&I. I assume she paid sticker for the car. She self financed (paid with a check in full and is paying herself back). She called me and asked what I thought about the extended warranty. The offered her Subaru gold for 72 months/100K miles for $3,600 plus tax. I thought that sounded high as it was 10% of the price of the car. I called the dealer where I bought and serviced my 2015 Legacy. The business manager told me $2600 (don’t remember the exact number) & $150 more for 7 years/100K miles. Their dealer came down to $2995 for the 6 year, then agreed to the price of the 7 year once I called them back.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

I saw a nice Quadrifoglio in the parking lot at church today. It looked like this one:

Another guy that parks in that lot has a Focus RS; I talked with him and found out that he also has a C43.
    On the way home a newer M5 wanted to play, but I wasn't falling for it.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

Happy Fathers Day! My wife and many of my friends think that Greg Gutfeld and I were separated at birth- so my wife’s gift of a preorder of Greg’s latest book is perfect!

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,000
    jmonroe1 said:

fintail said:

tifighter said:

Good news @breld !

The ITS has landed-

Wait for it-

————————————————
    With the popularity of “blacked-out” stuff today, I think they charge even more for the blacked-out option.

jmonroe
    $3500 for carbon fiber.
  • au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,323
    Sorry to hear about the COVID diagnosis and hope he kicks it quick!

Happy Father’s day all!

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

that seems really expensive for an extended warranty when it already has 5/60 powertrain, right?

@jmonroe1 said:
    Mrs. j and I are at a cars and coffee with Son #1 who drove his Chevy SS (there are two others here and a G8). The only reason she came is because she was invited to dinner with me for Fathers Day after this show is over.

Anyway, his neighbor brought his ‘08 Lambo, very nice. It was a lot nicer until some girl changed lanes quickly as traffic was creaping on the interstate do to an accident in the opposite outbound lane. Fortunately, only the right rear wheel will need replaced (it’s very scratched up but not dented). The wheel opening has some wicked scratches but can be fixed without the need for any new sheet metal. I still wouldn’t want that bill.

I talked to the guy and he was very calm describing what happened. If I didn’t know better I’d say he was talking about someone else’s car that got hit.

jmonroe

Oooof.

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,323

Thanks for the well wishes for my big guy. He’s fine. Not a cough or a sneeze since this morning before we tested him. Go figure.

Weather was cool and a bit overcast this morning so I put the top down, cranked up the heat, turned on my (bad) music, and took a drive. Man if that’s not the most relaxing thing I’ve done in a while.

There’s just something about a convertible…

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,112
    @28ff,
    Hope your little guy has a mild case and recovers quickly.
    Ususally a 20 minute drive with the top down does it for me although no music needed.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    story time.

turns out I am not the only Maverick flipper up here. In the next hood over (we walk through it all the time) there is a house that when we moved up, had a Maverick. I know it was an Ecoboost. a few months later there was a 2nd one in the driveway (a hybrid) and the first one disappeared shortly afterwards.

I had noticed the dealer tag on the back looked just like the one Chapman put on my truck but never got close enough to read it. Today it was at the bottom of the driveway so I walked down that side of the road. Turns out he got it a Long Mcarthur Ford in Kansas (they are one of the "big 3" national Maverick hustlers, and even have a popular Youtube channel where they tell customers all Fords dirty secrets.

I assume they ordered it and had it shipped out from Kansas. Their big offer is they sell at MSRP and no add ons, and will ship it to you for free (if you finance through them).

edited June 2023
    I got one of those “special prices for credit union members” emails today. Are those just a come on to sell repos or what? I found one vehicle I might like only 35 miles away but even though it’s listed in the “special deals” promotion it doesn’t show up on the actual dealer’s website.

Who’s pulling my leg?

stickguy said:

that seems really expensive for an extended warranty when it already has 5/60 powertrain, right?

It does have a 5 year/60K power train warranty. They made a decision to buy the extended warranty before they walked in the door. I just helped them get a better price on it. Just like they decided before they even looked at a RAV4 that they were going to buy a Subaru.

edited June 2023

As long as they are happy is all that matters. Sounds like they got the best reasonable deal and good piece of mind.

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,885
    Savagegeese just did a thorough and interesting review on the Integra Type S.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

edited June 2023

Update on my Vroom experience. Radio silence for 5 days after accepting their offer, to reach out yesterday evening to tell me they need a payoff quote from my credit union. Of course, the credit union is closed today for the holiday. Vroom customer care called me to tell me they need the payoff letter by tomorrow or the offer is going to expire. So annoying.

Should have just traded to CarMax haha.

For whatever it's worth, I sold my WRX to Vroom and the process went very smooth. So hopefully the payoff can get cleared up tomorrow and everything will proceed as expected.

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,716
    nyccarguy said:

Did my part to help out my in laws yesterday. MIL picked up her red Crosstrek Limited. Really nice color with all of the black cladding. I told her to call me with any questions while she was at the dealer of F&I. I assume she paid sticker for the car. She self financed (paid with a check in full and is paying herself back). She called me and asked what I thought about the extended warranty. The offered her Subaru gold for 72 months/100K miles for $3,600 plus tax. I thought that sounded high as it was 10% of the price of the car. I called the dealer where I bought and serviced my 2015 Legacy. The business manager told me $2600 (don’t remember the exact number) & $150 more for 7 years/100K miles. Their dealer came down to $2995 for the 6 year, then agreed to the price of the 7 year once I called them back.

Heck yes! Those extended manufacturer warranties are essentially 100% profit for the dealer, and MSRP is 2x the amount that Subaru gets out of it. If you're not financing the car, there is no downside to shopping around the extended warranty (doesn't start coming into effect until after the 3/36,000 B2B expiration, and can be purchased any time before that). I bought my 7/100/zero (on the 2010 Forester) from Mastra Subaru in Massachusetts for $1,500 (at the time, which was eleven years ago now).
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    I shopped Honda/Acura ESPs recently and found the same thing. from a forum, some random dealer in Mass was selling for something like $100 over cost. way less than the Honda dealer my son and his finance got their CRV at (I also priced one for my RDX since I was considering that but never pulled the trigger).

still amazed by how good the MPG can be with a hybrid. Had today off so ran out to do some errands. Drove down to get a haircut, so a cold start then a little local and back highway. About 8 miles I think, car calculated about 43 or 45mpg. And drove from one store to the next about a mile, that was free MPG since it was all on electic.

then had to run a few towns over, back roads but plenty of traffic and sitting at lights. That was about 14 miles I think, and came up at 50.1. Drove home from there, with some sightseeing detours, and that was ~20 miles, 10 electric per the TC, and calculated 55 MPG. included a lot of rolling hills.

being out in the boonies with a lot of 45-50 MPH country roads seems to be the sweet spot for one of these. and this is just driving normal speeds, not switching to Eco mode, or doing anything hypermilish other than being cognizant about coasting on hills and using the brake coach to maximize regen. But no 1 pedal driving or anything crazy like that.

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,818

@breld said:
    For whatever it's worth, I sold my WRX to Vroom and the process went very smooth. So hopefully the payoff can get cleared up tomorrow and everything will proceed as expected.

Went right past me that you sold that already.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,818

I guess BaT isn’t accepting the E36. They wrote that they’d accept it as no reserve. I replied that I can’t do that after the disappointing result of the Pajero. No response to that since last week.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

@qbrozen said:

@breld said:

You aren’t the only one.

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,647
    stickguy said:

I shopped Honda/Acura ESPs recently and found the same thing. from a forum, some random dealer in Mass was selling for something like $100 over cost. way less than the Honda dealer my son and his finance got their CRV at (I also priced one for my RDX since I was considering that but never pulled the trigger).

Whodathunkit? MA, the low cost state.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

qbrozen said:

I guess BaT isn’t accepting the E36. They wrote that they’d accept it as no reserve. I replied that I can’t do that after the disappointing result of the Pajero. No response to that since last week.

jmonroe
    nyccarguy said:

@qbrozen said:

@breld said:

You aren’t the only one.

————————————————
    Chalk up another one. I didn’t think we had secrets in here. :/ Sounds like a dues increase to me.

jmonroe
    qbrozen said:

I'd buy that puppy if I had the garage space.

stickguy said:

Whodathunkit? MA, the low cost state.
    Funny thing; the M-B forums all recommend a guy at my local dealer for the best prices on M-B warranties. I plan to just check and see what's available and how much it costs.

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,194
    edited June 2023
    stickguy said:

being out in the boonies with a lot of 45-50 MPH country roads seems to be the sweet spot for one of these.

Same on the Prius!

@nyccarguy said:

@qbrozen said:

@breld said:

You aren’t the only one.

Didn’t figure it was anything particularly interesting to anyone…knowing the Integra is due hopefully sometime this summer, I checked the usual buy options and vroom came in with a nice offer a bit more than I paid (but before taxes).

Even with the tax savings on a trade, I figured it was worth taking the high offer to get ahead of it and not be subject to any lowball trade offers when they know I’m buying the Integra either way.