Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,371
    edited December 2023
    corvette said:

I think a 100 amp subpanel would be adequate for most detached garages (or a large attached garage, where your main panel isn't nearby).

“you gonna make it all 220?”

“yeah, 200…, 221 whatever it takes”

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,637
    xwesx said:

I want to upgrade our electric in Ohio, which is currently 100A, but my wife is resisting. If nothing else, I'm hoping an upgraded service (300A) will force the electric company to replace the ancient transformer that is currently serving five homes and looks like one of @oldfarmer50 's winter hoopties!

As it is, I suspect one of the neighbors has some sort of high-draw device that they use periodically, and it causes the electric in the whole house to flicker when it starts up.

Your transformer looks like a rusted out cargo van?

Better get it fixed fast.😨

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,966
    edited December 2023
    Seems our federal health plan now has a Medicare Advantage offering that we're seriously looking into. Only have until the 7th to enroll so have been reading a bunch of stuff. Seems it could be a win/win if we do change plans as it's all within the same company anyways.

Also, think I'm going to change our phone plan to AT&T's Unlimited 55+ Plan as with today being the last day of our current 6 gig plan, we're just at 5.67 gigs of use before the rollover kicks in. We'd be paying a few dollars less but getting unlimited data. But, we'd no longer have my postal discount or the loyalty discount which are both in place now. The good thing with my postal discount is we don't pay any up charge when we get a new cell phone, that $30 fee is negated on our bill. But, since we don't get new phones that often, I've got a 12 and the wife has an XR, might be worth just getting the peace of mind with the 55+ plan. I'd no longer have to monitor our data usage which I do now. And with our daughter moving over to her sisters cell plan, makes total sense to do the move today, the last day of the current cycle. As it stands now, if I wait a month, we'll only have like 6.23 gigs for December and my wife used a whole lot this month, the most ever. And it's $15/gig if we do go over our plans coverage, a total rip off! Still have some time to think about it.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570
    Medicare Advantage: Lower premiums, but you'll be back to a normal ACA type plan with co-pays, and large deductible and out of pocket maximums. Obviously, I don't know the particulars of your federal health plan, but, I'd think long and hard about that, especially if you are a heavy user of your health care benefits.

We have a Medicare supplement (Plan G), and except for a $250/yr deductible, we have virtually zero out of pocket, other than the premiums.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    Good advice, @kyfdx.
  • mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,265

Chronic Medicare buyers anonymous??

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,780
    edited December 2023

Looks like the car buying has hit a snag. She likes what she's got it seems! Nothing she's tried has made her feel like, "this is the one", so not sure where we're at. Mentioned what my co-worker said, have my mechanic just fix the issues and keep it awhile longer. think the Audi numbers are a bit "padded" and it might cost much less to fix. Right now, no more leaks in the garage. Told her to go try the 2024 A3 just to make sure that won't work. It's a couple of inches longer which is nothing, so blasted that argument out of the water. She wants a power lift gate if she gets a CUV which takes the current 2023 Kona off her short list.

Well, for as long as you both keep your vehicles, it is worth taking the time to find the right one.

That said, I like to keep a short list on hand at all times, just in case.... ;)

2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    au1994 said:

Got the recall alert in my monthly vehicle history email from Jeep.

Does your service department schedule appointments 6-8 months out? :D
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,371
    xwesx said:

au1994 said:

Got the recall alert in my monthly vehicle history email from Jeep.

Does your service department schedule appointments 6-8 months out? :D
    Took a month to get one the last time it needed an oil change, updates and coolant pump replacement.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,341
    Still nothing on mine.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,489
    kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

I plan to have a 220 line outlet put in the garage at the new house. Just in case for the future.

Benjamin, I love the hybrid and glad I upgraded to the extra features. And yes I just caught the end of the gravy train and made a killing on the first one.

Put a 100 amp panel in there.. trust me on this
    a separate 100 amp panel in the garage from the main 200?

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

xwesx said:

I want to upgrade our electric in Ohio, which is currently 100A, but my wife is resisting. If nothing else, I'm hoping an upgraded service (300A) will force the electric company to replace the ancient transformer that is currently serving five homes and looks like one of @oldfarmer50 's winter hoopties!

As it is, I suspect one of the neighbors has some sort of high-draw device that they use periodically, and it causes the electric in the whole house to flicker when it starts up.

Your transformer looks like a rusted out cargo van?

Better get it fixed fast.😨
    Yes, it does! It's crazy rusty. Heck, the one for my house in Alaska has been there since we had it installed (electrical in my area didn't exist until we had it brought in) in 2002, and it still looks the same as when they put it in there, so I don't know how old or abused that poor unit in Ohio must be.
    Sandy, if that was us, when the car craps out the next time and she called I would tell to start ubering because it was her decision, so she can deal with it! And yes I would be making my own dinner for a while.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,414

@oldfarmer50 said:
    I think that depends on the reliability of the particular transmissions. For example, I plan on doing the fluid on my Fords at 30k just to be safe. I would also do that for any CVT. My Chevy cargo van 4L60e transmission is pretty robust so I figure the van will rust away around it.

I think transmission fluid or CVT fluid in general contributes to the longevity. People get scared off by a lot of “power purge” services offered by dealers when a simple drain & fill will do the trick.

I plan on having the coolant, brake fluid, & transmission fluid changed at 50K miles on our Highlander

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,073

Sandy, maybe you should get a Kona for yourself and let her take the Golf off your hands.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,534
    xwesx said:

me
    ————————————————
    You may have already done this but make sure all individual breaker wires are tight and make sure the breakers themselves are gripping tightly on the panel bus bars.

Make sure the incoming 220 lines that are connected to the line side of the panel disconnect breaker are tight. Also make sure the incoming neutral is tight and there isn’t any corrosion on any wires. If it were me I’d yank the meter and check for tight connections and no corrosion in the meter box as well. You might even have a loose meter.

If you have good, clean and tight connections everywhere call the utility so they can check the lines at the pole and transformer.

One of your neighbor might have a heavy duty welder or something like that that’s causing the lights to flicker when it’s being used. So, the utility has to check out and possibly upgrade the transformer if it can’t handle the load of all the houses properly.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,257
    edited December 2023
    stickguy said:

As Terry would have said, it depends, and not the kind you wear.
    edited December 2023
    stickguy said:

kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

I plan to have a 220 line outlet put in the garage at the new house. Just in case for the future.

Benjamin, I love the hybrid and glad I upgraded to the extra features. And yes I just caught the end of the gravy train and made a killing on the first one.

You can run it from the main 200A panel. You can have more than 200A in total, because you aren't going to run everything at the same time. (although, if I were building new, I'd have a separate panel).

In my case, we finished the lower level in 2009. When we re-did the kitchen this year, I needed a new 40A circuit for the electric cooktop (old cooktop took a 30A circuit). The cooktop is as far as possible from the panel in the lower level. $750 just for that one wire. If I'd had a panel in the garage, I could have run it from there, with no dry wall repair, and 50 feet less of wire. Also, I could have a Level 2 car charger, at minimum expense. I've also considered putting in a new A/C system for the 2nd floor, with the air handler above the garage, but again, I'd have to run 220 across the house, and repair more drywall.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited December 2023
    Mustang Mach-E sales show the reality Ford is facing for EV sales. In March of 2023, Ford said:

"Mustang Mach-E: Ford began increasing production of the Mustang Mach-E this week. Changes at the plant will allow Ford to nearly double its hourly production and bring its annual manufacturing run rate to a targeted 210,000 units by year's end."

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2023/03/03/ford-increasing-production-of-popular-electric--gas--hybrid-vehi.html

So Ford was projecting sales around 17,500 a month for the Mach-E by now, in order to reach that sales goal of 210k a year by 2024. But instead sales of the Mach-E in October of 2023 were 2732, which means sales were about 80% lower a month than Ford was projecting in March.

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/ford-mustang-mach-e-sales-figures/

For calendar year 2023, sales of the Mach-E will probably end up at around 40,000, which would be about the same as 2022. 40,000 compared to a goal of 210,000 by 2024. Wow.

The lowest priced Mach-E on our local lots has an msrp of nearly $50,000. Only a small percentage of the population can afford that, even with government rebates.

The most affordable vehicle in Ford's line-up is the Maverick, which starts at around $26k. But Ford can't make enough Mavericks to keep up with demand, and many are loaded Lariats with msrps in the high 30s.

Seems like Ford needs to remember that the vehicles that made the company successful were models like the Model T, the Ford Falcon, the original Mustang from the 1960s, the LTD, and so on, including the more basic F-150, which was once an affordable work truck. The lowest priced F-150 at my local dealer is $44k.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
    The Mach-E (I won't call it a Mustang, no way, no how) made a big splash when it was first released but Ford priced it way too high for the level of vehicle and equipment and doesn't seem to be promoting it very much.

ab348 said:

The Mach-E (I won't call it a Mustang, no way, no how) made a big splash when it was first released but Ford priced it way too high for the level of vehicle and equipment and doesn't seem to be promoting it very much.

They aren't really passing along the Federal tax incentives, either (on a lease). Not sure of their thinking. Just not competitive on lease payments.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,414

@benjaminh said:
    Mustang Mach-E sales show the reality Ford is facing for EV sales. In March of 2023, Ford said:

"Mustang Mach-E: Ford began increasing production of the Mustang Mach-E this week. Changes at the plant will allow Ford to nearly double its hourly production and bring its annual manufacturing run rate to a targeted 210,000 units by year's end."

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2023/03/03/ford-increasing-production-of-popular-electric--gas--hybrid-vehi.html

So Ford was projecting sales around 17,500 a month for the Mach-E by now, in order to reach that sales goal of 210k a year by 2024. But instead sales of the Mach-E in October of 2023 were 2732, which means sales were about 80% lower a month than Ford was projecting in March.

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/ford-mustang-mach-e-sales-figures/

For calendar year 2023, sales of the Mach-E will probably end up at around 40,000, which would be about the same as 2022. 40,000 compared to a goal of 210,000 by 2024. Wow.

The lowest priced Mach-E on our local lots has an msrp of nearly $50,000. Only a small percentage of the population can afford that, even with government rebates.

The most affordable vehicle in Ford's line-up is the Maverick, which starts at around $26k. But Ford can't make enough Mavericks to keep up with demand, and many are loaded Lariats with msrps in the high 30s.

Seems like Ford needs to remember that the vehicles that made the company successful were models like the Model T, the Ford Falcon, the original Mustang from the 1960s, the LTD, and so on, including the more basic F-150, which was once an affordable work truck. The lowest priced F-150 at my local dealer is $44k.

The lack of inexpensive vehicles is definitely a problem for Ford. They banked on big rebates, discounts, and near zero money to sell expensive trucks and SUVs. Although, to their credit, when they did make inexpensive vehicles they weren’t very good.

Ford made the mistake of going “all in” on hybrids way back when gas 1st shot up. I remember bill ford jr. professing they are going to have 250,000 hybrid vehicles on the road by (insert date). The 1st Escape Hybrid was a great compact SUV. While it didn’t achieve Prius like gas mileage numbers, it looked like a regular Escape that just got better gas mileage. Once gas prices came down, you didn’t hear a peep about Ford Hybrids…

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

edited December 2023
    Way back in 1960 Ford had a huge hit with the Falcon, selling over 400,000 for the first model year. In 1960 the VW Bug had a list price of about $1600, but for $2000 you could get a base Ford Falcon 4-door, which was a lot of car for the money.

The car my parents had when I was a little kid was a 1960 4-door Falcon station wagon, which was running fine when my parents traded it in for a 1969 VW Bus. When I was in grad school one of my professors, who happened to be from Germany, said one day when we were at a party that he had a Falcon in the 1970s too when he was in grad school. When I told him the Falcon's mastermind was none other than Robert McNamara, he was amazed. He laughed and said, "My Falcon lasted a long time—even longer than the Vietnam War that McNamara also helped mastermind."

In 1965 Ford sold more than half a million of the affordable Mustang, which of course was based on Falcon platform.

Today Ford's affordable vehicle that I think could sell in those kind of numbers is the Maverick. With starting list price of $24,995, the Maverick is actually only slightly more than the price of a Falcon when you adjust for inflation. And obviously the Maverick is much faster and much safer than the Falcon was. It's overall a much better value than even the bargain-priced Falcon of 63 years ago. But Ford can only make about 90,000 Mavericks this year, and I read somewhere that only about 15% are the base model—not because there isn't demand for the XL, but because the others make more profit. But it seems like Ford should try to find or build another factory so that they can build at least 300,000 Mavericks a year, and make maybe a quarter of them base models so that when people with average incomes walk onto a Ford lot they can drive out with one that day.

kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

You can run it from the main 200A panel. You can have more than 200A in total, because you aren't going to run everything at the same time. (although, if I were building new, I'd have a separate panel).

In my case, we finished the lower level in 2009. When we re-did the kitchen this year, I needed a new 40A circuit for the electric cooktop (old cooktop took a 30A circuit). The cooktop is as far as possible from the panel in the lower level. $750 just for that one wire. If I'd had a panel in the garage, I could have run it from there, with no dry wall repair, and 50 feet less of wire. Also, I could have a Level 2 car charger, at minimum expense. I've also considered putting in a new A/C system for the 2nd floor, with the air handler above the garage, but again, I'd have to run 220 across the house, and repair more drywall.
    ————————————————
    If you ran 221 for the cooktop, you would have had the spare line you need for the 2nd floor AC system. :p

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    edited December 2023
    This Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat is marked down $6k by the dealer, has a $7.5k rebate from Ford, and also qualifies for the $7.5k federal tax credit. $21k off makes this a good deal from my pov: $51k + tax and lic. It seems like a good example of the unfolding EV price crash.

https://www.paducahford.com/new-Paducah-2023-Ford-F+150+Lightning-LARIAT-1FTVW1EL8PWG22916

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,963

A local dealer is advertising $10k off a Mach 1. They have many. I don't know the details.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

Do you mean a Mach-E?

Either Ford way underestimated demand for the Maverick, or they knew and just don't want to sell more for some reason (profit most likely). In any case, not a quick process to ramp up a 2nd factory for a new model. they did go to a 3rd shift so can make a lot more now (though they also make the Bronco sport at that factory, that is no where near as popular).

For the electric question, I don't actually know where the main panel is going to be. I assume in the basement, but would need to ask the builder to know for sure. at some point soon we meet with the builder and electrician to do a walk through to locate all the fixtures, switches, etc. so will discuss it all then.

there will be 220 close since the kitchen backs up to the garage and there will be an electric oven which I assume needs 220. so adding a wire over to the garage should be easy enough. I hope.

not too worried about the outlet in the garage. What I do want to figure out is how best to prepare for a potential stand alone garage addition. that would be near the attached garage, but further away from where I expect the main panel to be. That won't need a large power supply (not planning to have high draw equipment, just normal lights and outlets) but want to make it easy to get that when needed.

I'm no electrician, but I am smart enough to know it is way easier and cheaper to do it when you are roughing everything in, than it is to do after the walls are in!

speaking of the house, drove past yesterday and the shingles are on and the windows are in. Making good progress. at least it is pretty much weather proof now. Just need the sliding door put in. Front door is missing but the porch roof is up so no rain or snow likely getting in that way.

ab348 said:

Do you mean a Mach-E?

ab348 said:

Do you mean a Mach-E?

Correct, yes. Mach-E

stickguy said:

speaking of the house, drove past yesterday and the shingles are on and the windows are in. Making good progress. at least it is pretty much weather proof now. Just need the sliding door put in. Front door is missing but the porch roof is up so no rain or snow likely getting in that way.

Its fun to watch the progress of the build. I remember being relieved when our house was dried in when it was being built in 2004.

stickguy said:

Either Ford way underestimated demand for the Maverick, or they knew and just don't want to sell more for some reason (profit most likely). In any case, not a quick process to ramp up a 2nd factory for a new model. they did go to a 3rd shift so can make a lot more now (though they also make the Bronco sport at that factory, that is no where near as popular).

Aren't they made on the same line with the Escape and the Bronco Sport? It's possible they are prioritizing the Bronco Sport, because of the higher profit margin?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

just the Bronco sport in that factory. Escape is made elsewhere.

stickguy said:

For the electric question, I don't actually know where the main panel is going to be. I assume in the basement, but would need to ask the builder to know for sure. at some point soon we meet with the builder and electrician to do a walk through to locate all the fixtures, switches, etc. so will discuss it all then.

there will be 220 close since the kitchen backs up to the garage and there will be an electric oven which I assume needs 220. so adding a wire over to the garage should be easy enough. I hope.

not too worried about the outlet in the garage. What I do want to figure out is how best to prepare for a potential stand alone garage addition. that would be near the attached garage, but further away from where I expect the main panel to be. That won't need a large power supply (not planning to have high draw equipment, just normal lights and outlets) but want to make it easy to get that when needed.

I'm no electrician, but I am smart enough to know it is way easier and cheaper to do it when you are roughing everything in, than it is to do after the walls are in!

————————————————
    I don’t know what wall will be closest to where your additional garage will be but let’s say it’s in an unfinished part of the basement. Have the electrician run a 6/3 with ground copper cable to a surface mounted junction box at that point. That will give you the capability of a 50 amp panel in the new garage unless the TOTAL wire run length is too long for a 50 amp load on 6/3 cable. If that’s the case run the 6/3 cable but install a 40 amp panel in the garage which should be enough for a home owners garage. Just be sure that he installs a large box to make the splice of that size wire for the panel in the new garage. I’d install a box that is at LEAST 4 inches square and 2 inches deep for the connection. It can be done with a smaller box but I like large boxes given the choice.

I’d also have the electrician install the 50 amp breaker (40 amp if the wire run is long) in your main panel not just coiled up near the main panel for when you get the new garage. That way once the splice is made and the new garage panel is installed all you have to do is turn on the breaker in the main panel for the new garage.

There are other ways to do this but that’s too involved to explain here. Your electrician should know the other ways. Even if the wall is finished.

Hopefully the code in your area will allow for this type of future service.

jmonroe
    The electrical discussion has officially moved past my level of expertise.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited December 2023
    It's surprising to me how fast things have changed in the EV market. Just a year ago iirc people were paying above list for the Lightning, and now they are having trouble moving the metal even with deep discounts. In a press release just four months ago Ford revealed that....

"With the expansion, Ford will have ability to produce the F-150 Lightning at an annualized rate of 150,000 units by this fall."

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2023/08/01/ford-restarts-expanded-rouge-electric-vehicle-center--f-150-ligh.html#:~:text=DEARBORN, Mich., Aug.,the award-winning electric truck.

150k a year translates to 12,500 Lightnings a month. Last month Ford sold 4,400 F-150 Lightnings in the US. That's a record, but still it's far below where they were hoping to be at this point. I'm guessing some Lightnings are going to other markets.

https://electrek.co/2023/12/01/ford-f-150-lightning-breaks-monthly-sales-record-november/

For someone who needs an F-150, at this point with the gov't tax credit the Lightning is less than an equivalent gas model
    kyfdx said:

I'm thinking an extension cord from my outside outlet to run the door opener is a good option.

I will just ask the electrician when we meet what the options are and the costs now, vs. how hard/costly if I do need it in the future. I was thinking of what I think JM described (running power to a point that would be easy to connect to if needed).

Maybe a panel of some sort in the corner of the garage that could run the 220 outlet, and be the connection point for future use which probably would not involve much more than a 20-30' run)

kyfdx said:

————————————————
    Didn’t that happen when you turned the lights on/off? B)

jmonroe
    benjaminh said:

It's surprising to me how fast things have changed in the EV market. Just a year ago iirc people were paying above list for the Lightning, and now they are having trouble moving the metal even with deep discounts. In a press release just four months ago Ford revealed that....

"With the expansion, Ford will have ability to produce the F-150 Lightning at an annualized rate of 150,000 units by this fall."

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2023/08/01/ford-restarts-expanded-rouge-electric-vehicle-center--f-150-ligh.html#:~:text=DEARBORN, Mich., Aug.,the award-winning electric truck.

150k a year translates to 12,500 Lightnings a month. Last month Ford sold 4,400 F-150 Lightnings in the US. That's a record, but still it's far below where they were hoping to be at this point. I'm guessing some Lightnings are going to other markets.

https://electrek.co/2023/12/01/ford-f-150-lightning-breaks-monthly-sales-record-november/

For someone who needs an F-150, at this point with the gov't tax credit the Lightning is less than an equivalent gas model

————————————————
    You have to pay attention to who’s trying to create the hype.

jmonroe
    edited December 2023
    In the Louisville market the Ford dealers act as if everyhing in their inventory is hot and in high demand by treating you with thinly veiled comtempt- and they top that off with adding those moronic brake light flashers.
    Contrast that with a couple of dealers in the Cincinnati area who actually treated me very well. The Fighter Jet Gray Mach 1 I considered in Northern KY was a great car, but the thought of dealing with local dealers for warranty work was a major demerit; my uncle is a retired Ford employee and even he is unhappy with the quality of the Ford service departments in Louisville. I know @corvette has had some entrtaining dealings with them as well.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,265

What’s the odds that you need a Ford dealer in warranty though? 😂

edited December 2023
    mjfloyd1 said:

What’s the odds that you need a Ford dealer in warranty though? 😂

It's not just service- the parts department of my local dealer is also miserable- email them about parts availability and the answer is almost always incorrect. The solution from the guy at the parts counter? "Ya shouda called- those email guys are always wrong."

congrats to the wife. and good for the whole household to have the car problem drama behind you!

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,966
    Corvette, add another punch to your 2023 Vehicle Purchase List. A 2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Speaking of punches, what’s the tally so far this year @corvette and what was last year’s?

jmonroe
    With regards to EVs, IMO, the manufacturers made assumptions that battery costs would decrease according to a certain, rapid, scale, and it didn't happen nearly as quickly as their assumptions, hence the death of affordable EVs like the Bolt, and manufacturers pivoting towards premium products where it's easier for them to hide the unexpectedly high battery cost.
    jmonroe1 said:

Speaking of punches, what’s the tally so far this year @corvette and what was last year’s?

41 in 2022.
    36 so far this year, counting Sandy's wife's punch.