Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

1310531063108311031113141

Comments

  • andres3andres3 Southern CAPosts: 10,875
    nyccarguy said:


    andres3 said:

    nyccarguy said:

    andres3 said:

    I found another 4-year old S4 with lower miles in red. It's listed significantly cheaper than Carmax, but is in the East Bay Area of CA. Now I know why Carmax's model works so well!!!! For little money, you can take little risk ($300 to ship to SD).

    Are there people for hire that'll go look at a car for a few bucks? You really have to do an "Italian" tune up and hoon the Audi to make sure it works right.

    There's a blue S4 in Henderson, but more miles on that one.

    There is also an Audi Dealer who posts on Lease Hackr that's in Southern California. Maybe you can get in touch with him and he'll keep an eye out for anything incoming (new or off lease).
    My problem is I insist on an appropriate colored S4 (or any car for that matter). That means my next car will not be white, black, or any shade of gray/silver. That pretty much means I need to find a needle in a haystack when looking at Audi's.

    My insistence and inflexibility on color might be a good reason to pay the Carmax premium. Their model is good for people like me, and they come with a 30-day warranty. Trust me, I'll make sure if something's going to break, it'll break in those 30 days of hard life for the S4, and the bonus is I'll have a lot of fun trying to break it like I stole it!

    How much more is the CarMax car?  How much is their famed Doug DeMuro warranty?

    Carmax San Jose '15 28K miles, 2 owners, no accidents on report $31K non-negotiable until they lower it... maybe soon....
    Audi S4 '15 34K miles, Richmond, CA 1 owner, 2 accidents on report, $26,500 asking
    Blue Audi S4 '15 43K miles in Henderson NV - off the list, CarFax on Edmnunds App shows "structural damage" from 1 accident. I asked saleslady at Henderson Audi, WhY ISN't it a CPO, and she said "to price it competitively since CPO costs $3-4K!" I think I was lied to. The Richmond salesman was honest; I looked at the reports now (although that one was Autocheck). One of the two said rear collision/ or rear damage.... the other was less certain....
    '16 Audi TTS quattro 2.0T, '15 Audi A4 quattro 2.0T, '16 Kia Optima LX 1.6T
  • breldbreld Posts: 4,412
    nyccarguy said:

    Glad to know I'm not the only one who does a solid 20K miles per year. Looks to be well maintained.

    https://yonkershonda.com/vehicle-details/used-2017-honda-ridgeline-rtl-e-5FPYK3F73HB003918

    I'll pass the one year mark with the Q7 next month - it now has about 34k miles. It had about 5k miles when I bought it. :o

    2018 Audi Q7 - 2018 Audi A5 - 2017 Miata RF

  • breldbreld Posts: 4,412
    @andres3 - don't blame you for trying to track down another S4. I always thought mine was quite the perfect car, being such a great combination of luxury and sport. I know you're fond of the DSG, but the 6-speed manual in mine was sublime.

    And I'm with you on being particular about the colors, though I would extend that to interior as well. Not a fan of the two-tone leather interiors that were available in those S4s. Mine was all black, which I thought was sharp. Also had the layered wood trim which was beautiful. Looked like a nice pin-stripe suit!

    And I'm a sucker for the black optic package.

    But of course, you put all that together, and you're quickly narrowing your search to unicorn levels.

    2018 Audi Q7 - 2018 Audi A5 - 2017 Miata RF

  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Posts: 755
    @ entrées three, next steps would be to get thorough inspection for you and a mechanic you trust. If it’s far from home for some services to go and look at it for you. I think the one I heard of his SGS Corp. inspectors. I’m sure there’s plenty more out there. Good luck, keep us updated on everything in your search. But ultimately I hope you do keep the Audi TT since you love that one so much 
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 13,245
    breld said:

    nyccarguy said:

    Glad to know I'm not the only one who does a solid 20K miles per year. Looks to be well maintained.

    https://yonkershonda.com/vehicle-details/used-2017-honda-ridgeline-rtl-e-5FPYK3F73HB003918

    I'll pass the one year mark with the Q7 next month - it now has about 34k miles. It had about 5k miles when I bought it. :o
    "I'll pass the one year mark with the Q7 next month"

    Hosts! I think @breld's account has been hijacked by Russian hackers!

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2015 Infiniti Q40 AWD, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring AWD

  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Posts: 755
    @ Breld, wow you put on 31,000 miles a year you do a lot of driving just like my dad does trying to get them to start going car looking, his Senada he’s had since new, as I think 180 something thousand miles on it, I’ll ask him later when I see him. Still seems to drive OK considering. And he’s not thorough thorough on the maintenance but he should be except for the oriole is on top of that. But the other fluids he neglects a bit, I think he change the transmission fluid ones at 50,000 miles   But he hasn’t done it sense, from time to time I would Yellit him about that. But what can you do can only suggest, how to get on my brother soon with his 2013 Ultima in changing the coolant in transmission fluid, he’s had that car for three years now ready, think he still has under 50,000 have to ask him later too. And probably next year will get on my sister to do that with her jeep to as well I think it has around 30,000 miles on it now, maybe a little less. But she’s better when it comes to car meetings compared to   Everyone else in this family. Top of the oil changes that’s for sure. That’s my rant for now everyone a little bit of a topic. 
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Posts: 755
     Anyone going to do any car looking this weekend? It’s been quiet here for sometime. Someone make a punch please. Ha ha Ha  Lol
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 13,245
    andres3 said:

    nyccarguy said:


    andres3 said:

    nyccarguy said:

    andres3 said:

    I found another 4-year old S4 with lower miles in red. It's listed significantly cheaper than Carmax, but is in the East Bay Area of CA. Now I know why Carmax's model works so well!!!! For little money, you can take little risk ($300 to ship to SD).

    Are there people for hire that'll go look at a car for a few bucks? You really have to do an "Italian" tune up and hoon the Audi to make sure it works right.

    There's a blue S4 in Henderson, but more miles on that one.

    There is also an Audi Dealer who posts on Lease Hackr that's in Southern California. Maybe you can get in touch with him and he'll keep an eye out for anything incoming (new or off lease).
    My problem is I insist on an appropriate colored S4 (or any car for that matter). That means my next car will not be white, black, or any shade of gray/silver. That pretty much means I need to find a needle in a haystack when looking at Audi's.

    My insistence and inflexibility on color might be a good reason to pay the Carmax premium. Their model is good for people like me, and they come with a 30-day warranty. Trust me, I'll make sure if something's going to break, it'll break in those 30 days of hard life for the S4, and the bonus is I'll have a lot of fun trying to break it like I stole it!

    How much more is the CarMax car?  How much is their famed Doug DeMuro warranty?
    Carmax San Jose '15 28K miles, 2 owners, no accidents on report $31K non-negotiable until they lower it... maybe soon....
    Audi S4 '15 34K miles, Richmond, CA 1 owner, 2 accidents on report, $26,500 asking
    Blue Audi S4 '15 43K miles in Henderson NV - off the list, CarFax on Edmnunds App shows "structural damage" from 1 accident. I asked saleslady at Henderson Audi, WhY ISN't it a CPO, and she said "to price it competitively since CPO costs $3-4K!" I think I was lied to. The Richmond salesman was honest; I looked at the reports now (although that one was Autocheck). One of the two said rear collision/ or rear damage.... the other was less certain....

    So what is an S4 specd out how you like it new? $58 - $60K? Even if the lease program stinks (which it probably does) and the residual after 3 years 15K is 50%, then You'll be spending about $30K over the next 3 years for a brand new S4 with no stories & completely under warranty.

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2015 Infiniti Q40 AWD, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring AWD

  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Posts: 755
    @ entrées three, I’m glad I’m not the only one who supposed to getting white black silver or gray which makes nearly every car brand and possible to find alternative colors ha ha Ha. I’m sure many of us in here also put agree. 
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,105
    In preparation for, and to give you a heads up on the upcoming comment box changes, I've posted a guide to the new comment box. I've covered everything, where you can find it, how to use it, and what it does. Any questions you might have can be posted here in this thread. Shouldn't be too big of an adjustment. It is simply a settings change on the comment box, NOT a change in the forums software. How you navigate, sign in, and all the rest remains the same. This will get us past the issues some users have had with the links for attaching images and the like. Check it out. Wanted to try and make sure that everyone, especially you folks that make a lot of posts, will be prepared and not surprised when we implement this.

    Coming Attractions - Changes to the Comment Box

    Edmunds Moderator

    Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

    Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

    Meet your fellow owners and discuss your vehicles in our Owners Clubs

  • stickguystickguy Posts: 32,625
    Seems easy enough. I just feel bad for the more technologically challenged folks!

    2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

  • 28firefighter28firefighter Seattle, WAPosts: 5,188
    Wow, @breld - that is some serious driving on the Q7.
    2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 2016 BMW X1 xDrive28i, 2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 114,562
    Boy, do I wish I were in the market.

    I'm having a mid-life crisis attack - got it in my head that a nice coupe would be good to have.

    Search on cars.com, and I get a whole bunch of Challengers, Camaros, Mustangs and Civics.

    However, I did find a 2014 A5 in a nice burgundy over grey. 50,000 miles for $18,500.

    https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/769816600/overview/

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • au1994au1994 GAPosts: 1,593
    edited June 19
    That's a good looking Audi. I test drove one of that vintage and really liked it but 1) it didn't lease as well as the 3 series 2) I drove the F30 3 series with the turbo I6 first and couldn't pass up that power.

    2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited Venetian Red over Black
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

  • pensfan83pensfan83 PennsylvaniaPosts: 1,293
    Michaell said:

    Boy, do I wish I were in the market.

    I'm having a mid-life crisis attack - got it in my head that a nice coupe would be good to have.

    Search on cars.com, and I get a whole bunch of Challengers, Camaros, Mustangs and Civics.

    However, I did find a 2014 A5 in a nice burgundy over grey. 50,000 miles for $18,500.

    https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/769816600/overview/

    Ha, I am in the same mindset except I am smitten with RWD V8 options, specifically a Charger.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base -2018 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD - 2014 Nissan Altima 3.5SL
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Seattle, WAPosts: 5,188
    I have the bug. There is a 440i xDrive GC for sale (former loaner) that is equipped exactly how I would order it not too far from me. I qualify for 7750 in lease incentives...20% off and 7750 in lease incentives would go a loooong way.
    2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 2016 BMW X1 xDrive28i, 2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen
  • henrynhenryn Houston, TXPosts: 2,575
    So are you going to dump the Stelvio?
    2018 Ford F150 XLT Crew Cab, 2016 Chrysler Town & Country Touring
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 12,926
    nyccarguy said:


    I just crossed the 50K mile barrier last week.

    Oh, okay. Not that many, then. I thought perhaps you were getting some strut wear that might be reducing their rebound rate when hitting rough edges like that. I wouldn't think it would be that noticeable at only 50,000 miles.
    2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2008 and 2013 Subaru Forester(s), 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 12,926
    Michaell said:

    Boy, do I wish I were in the market.

    I'm having a mid-life crisis attack - got it in my head that a nice coupe would be good to have.

    Search on cars.com, and I get a whole bunch of Challengers, Camaros, Mustangs and Civics.

    However, I did find a 2014 A5 in a nice burgundy over grey. 50,000 miles for $18,500.

    https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/769816600/overview/

    For as much as you drive, why not?
    2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2008 and 2013 Subaru Forester(s), 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 13,245
    xwesx said:

    nyccarguy said:


    I just crossed the 50K mile barrier last week.

    Oh, okay. Not that many, then. I thought perhaps you were getting some strut wear that might be reducing their rebound rate when hitting rough edges like that. I wouldn't think it would be that noticeable at only 50,000 miles.
    No. The struts still have lots of life left in them. I noticed these tendencies from day 1. My Prelude does an incredible job at lane transition and nothing upsets it mid corner. My E90 328Xi was unflappable in this regard as well. Once I added the upgraded rear sway bar to my Legacy, its high speed handling improved as well.

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2015 Infiniti Q40 AWD, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring AWD

  • au1994au1994 GAPosts: 1,593

    I have the bug. There is a 440i xDrive GC for sale (former loaner) that is equipped exactly how I would order it not too far from me. I qualify for 7750 in lease incentives...20% off and 7750 in lease incentives would go a loooong way.

    If I was in the sedan market, I'd have a hard time passing on that too.

    2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited Venetian Red over Black
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

  • stickguystickguy Posts: 32,625
    pretty colors on the Audi. But I would have a hard time laying out close to $20K fora 6 YO Audi pushing 50,000 miles. without some of the key modern features I would want.

    2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

  • 28firefighter28firefighter Seattle, WAPosts: 5,188
    No - likely will not make a move. The X1 goes back soonish and I think the 4 series deals are only going to get better as we get closer to the release of the 2020.

    I have a call into BMW Customer relations about this recall stuff and how it has locked down my ability to do anything with the car - playing phone tag with them at the moment.
    2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 2016 BMW X1 xDrive28i, 2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen
  • breldbreld Posts: 4,412
    A co-worker friend just hit me up for an opinion on a value for his truck. He's looking to sell it to his brother as a first vehicle for his nephew.

    2001 Tundra Limited with...88k miles.

    That's not a "KBB" car. He wants to make a friendly family deal for his brother, but also wants to get an appropriate value for it - not the $3,200 that KBB hits it at.

    Honestly, I think a listing on craigslist for $10k would have it sold in hours.

    2018 Audi Q7 - 2018 Audi A5 - 2017 Miata RF

  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,105
    PF_Flyer said:

    In preparation for, and to give you a heads up on the upcoming comment box changes, I've posted a guide to the new comment box. I've covered everything, where you can find it, how to use it, and what it does. Any questions you might have can be posted here in this thread. Shouldn't be too big of an adjustment. It is simply a settings change on the comment box, NOT a change in the forums software. How you navigate, sign in, and all the rest remains the same. This will get us past the issues some users have had with the links for attaching images and the like. Check it out. Wanted to try and make sure that everyone, especially you folks that make a lot of posts, will be prepared and not surprised when we implement this.

    Coming Attractions - Changes to the Comment Box

    An addition to the announcement... we're planning on flipping the switch to the new comment box on Friday. Just so you're not surprised! :)

    Edmunds Moderator

    Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

    Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

    Meet your fellow owners and discuss your vehicles in our Owners Clubs

  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Posts: 755
    @ PF flyer no no no, why do you have to do this to me, this site already gives me enough trouble the way it is at times, you know I’m just busting your chops I will get used to it and figure it out with my screen reading software. Or mainly what I use now the phone with the voice over, and the voice dictation that I’m writing these messages with. 
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Posts: 755
    @ Breld, if your brother doesn’t sell the truck to your nephew, you can usually put it on craigslist for $10,000, my brother bought one of those a number of years ago but it was a 2004 thank you was 10,000 except for a bunch of years open till couple of years back and sold it with 200 and something thousand miles on it still running, think the bust was getting worse though, and had a few transmission leaks but it was good. Oh I think he change store. 
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Posts: 755
     Go for it Michael you know we will support you in here, I get those urges every day, but I can’t drive get one particular car or truck in my head and I’m always looking online even at the new ones just cause I can I don’t get it can’t drive and I am car crazy hey it is what it is, that’s why am in here. 
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Posts: 755
    @ at 20 firefighter you know will support you go for it, can’t wait to start hearing about what’s going to replace the X one soon. 
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Posts: 755
     And anyone else in here, I might’ve left out if you want car go for it tell us the story and here we will enjoy reading it and giving our advice and opinions. 
Sign In or Register to comment.