Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 4,868
    Yep, you're right about that. Another $470 and tax today so a bit expensive but, it works they say. Have a year warranty so that's good, though should really be till I sell it. But truth is, I do love the car, best I've ever owned I think.
    On another note, while at VW, stopped in to talk to one of the big guys and just asked about employment as a shuttle driver. My service advisor told me that one of their long term drivers had recently retired and it was a bit chaotic right now. So went to see the top guy. Mentioned that I've applied either 2 or 3 times in the past by filling out an application and giving it to him! I asked him outright is my using a cane a factor in their refusal to even acknowledge my previous attempts at employment. Explained that I've been a driver at Hertz for over 5 years now but the distance is starting to become an issue. Since I live not even 5 minutes from this store, it would work out better for me to work close to him. Told me to fill out another app and give it personally to him. Naturally when I was done, I did it within 20 minutes, he was gone and was told he'd stepped out of the office for "awhile". My vehicle was done about 0 minutes later and after I paid, walked by his office but still, he was gone.
    Not surprised one bit but we'll see. I could be a pain and keep going over there every few days but don't want to look like a nut so, will just wait and see if anything happens. I know my boss will give me a great rec if they do call and I know my cane is a negative, but I really do need it to walk at this point as my left leg is very weak from the injury. I need it for balance but driving is no problem for me.
    We'll just wait and see what happens.

2015 Audi A3 (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2008 Hyundai Accent GLS (daughter #2)

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,190
    The new editor will be turned on tomorrow. No need to have you hold on to anything :) It's just a setting... and if someone left a penny in place of a circuit breaker and we see sparks, it can be switched off. If you DO have questions or see anything squirrely, use the Forums Feedback and Suggestions discussion so we don't have to dig to find them. Thanks

Edmunds Moderator

Silver 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback & White 2019 Nissan Rogue S

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

• xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 13,000
    Probably a good time for it. All of the functionality of my comment box is broken today. I cannot click on anything, though manual typing of html code works okay. That's not helpful for image uploads, though!
    2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2008 and 2013 Subaru Forester(s), 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup
    edited June 20
    Hey, I actually FINALLY had the Attach Image icon not work for me on my ipad this morning. Just didn't do anything. I backed up one screen, moved forward one screen and it worked again. Seems the the Comcast solution of, "Did you unplug the modem?" works for almost anything :)

Edmunds Moderator

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• omarmanomarman Posts: 1,763
    So far all seems to be working today for me. For now. But like you say entering the code works when clicking doesn't.
    omarman said:

So far all seems to be working today for me. For now. But like you say entering the code works when clicking doesn't.

The icons not working seemed SO random, but that ought to be behind us with the new editor. And on the odd chance that the issue crops up for some with the new editor, that will help narrow down possibilities as well. The expectation is that there won't be any issues, but in case something crops up, let us know!

Edmunds Moderator

Conspiracy, I say!

I'm totally shut down here. It's text or nothing. :(
    2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2008 and 2013 Subaru Forester(s), 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup
    On a whim, I decided the time-honored "try a different browser" trick. Sure enough, works just fine in Chrome. However, I will say that I *always* use Firefox for this forum, and this is the first time having this issue.
  • omarmanomarman Posts: 1,763
    Firefox 67.0.2 here and no problems but I delayed a Windows 10 upgrade restart this morning which probably helps. If only for a while.
  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 10,635
    Firefox here too and after several days of the pull-downs working fine, as of this morning they are on the fritz again.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

The only time I've had the icons not working, going "back" and then "forward" (essentially a refresh of the page) got them working again. Just a "for what it's worth".

Edmunds Moderator

• 28firefighter28firefighter Seattle, WAPosts: 5,335

Well...everything seems to be working as expected. And hey, more emojis!๐Ÿ’ฉ

2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 2016 BMW X1 xDrive28i, 2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen
  • au1994au1994 GAPosts: 1,610

Seems OK to me too.๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š Oh fun!!

2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited Venetian Red over Black
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

edited June 21

True, except they are extra-tiny, so readers will know you wanted to push some sort of expression their way, but not really know what or why. :p

Edit: Apparently, lack of HTML functionality extends to auto-translation of emoji ASCII.

I was looking for the poop emoji earlier but there were so many I did not find it.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

• marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Posts: 846

So far so good for me too, actually you all made it 100 times easier for me when typing to get into the edit box was a lot harder to prior updates, please don’t change just the way it is. And I was worried for what ha ha. Happy Friday everybody.

@ send man, glad your car is good to go and fixed. Keep on fighting hopefully they’ll give you a chance this time when you submit your application for the third time, or use a different cane then you just for walking you know what blind people use. But keep on fighting I know it’s frustrating at times send man. And we are all in here to support you.

• andres3andres3 Southern CAPosts: 10,904

๐Ÿ‹ that's the only emoji I need for talking about my old Neon.

'16 Audi TTS quattro 2.0T, '15 Audi A4 quattro 2.0T, '16 Kia Optima LX 1.6T

@ entrées three, yes agree on your above posting hopefully you will have a repeat of that with any future car you buy what is no guarantee on anything like that in life. I hope you do end up keeping the Audi TT they would love so much.

@ Andries three, that is I hope you don’t have a repeat of that with any future car, man but above posting makes me sound so horrible I wouldn’t wish that on anybody even my worst enemy. lol

Nice weather here in New York, how’s the weather where everyone is? Anyone doing any car looking or shopping this weekend.

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 25,943

Been about 80 and sunny every day here in Spain. ;)

'18 BMW 330xi; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 47-car history and counting!

Feels like October here in Nova Scotia. Big rain all day yesterday, cloudy, windy and in the mid-50s today.

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 117,403

+1 for Colorado, too. Snow in the mountains , and lots of rain here. Low 60's today

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• breldbreld Posts: 4,469

It’s bad enough when you go to Costco and end up with more than anticipated.

It’s downright tricky when you take the Miata.

2018 Audi Q7 - 2018 Audi A5 - 2017 Miata RF

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 117,403

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• henrynhenryn Houston, TXPosts: 2,575

It's been very d++++ hot here in Houston. There was a heat advisory Thursday, the heat index hit 108. A bit cooler Friday (yesterday), the heat index only hit 104.

2018 Ford F150 XLT Crew Cab, 2016 Chrysler Town & Country Touring
  • breldbreld Posts: 4,469
    edited June 22

Oh shoot! I left Krystal at the Costco! ๐Ÿ˜€

2018 Audi Q7 - 2018 Audi A5 - 2017 Miata RF

• carnaughtcarnaught Desert SWPosts: 2,750
    edited June 22

Like the roses you got, @breld, for Mrs. Breld. Good work!

• sdasda Indian Land, SCPosts: 2,806
    edited June 22

Except for bad weather, do you take the Cutlass out to stretch its legs? I know you can’t or won’t do it year round.

2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2013 Honda Accord EX, 2006 Acura TL w/nav