Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• Options
    iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    NM is rock haven. Add a good helping of dust, a lotta sun, green Chile mixes and my buddy Walt Longmire. Season 4, the Mrs. and I need ta get that. Coolest TV series out there!

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,947
    berri said:

...finest Chinese quality now B)

Not sure if you were referring to the XC90? It is not built in China. Still in Sweden.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,433
    stickguy said:
    Just got a coupon from Acura dealer. Oil change, inspection, fluid top up and tire rotation for $59.95. A much better invention!
    Funny you should mention that.  My Dad's 2015 Tahoe called for an oil change.  His 24K mile free oil change period was up (he blew through that in 1 year), so this would be the 1st one on his dime.  Now it is a lease, so we are just going to do what is required.  I look in the owner's manual to see that it takes 8 1/2 quarts of 0w20 motor oil with Dextrose.  I check the dealer's website.  They have a coupon for $39.95 (four quarts) and a tire rotation.  I call and ask how much it will be for the Tahoe.  No more than $80.  So Dad makes an appointment, brings the truck in, they give it to him an hour later (there was a recall) with the bill $39.95 plus tax.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    nyccarguy said:

stickguy said:

Just got a coupon from Acura dealer. Oil change, inspection, fluid top up and tire rotation for $59.95. A much better invention!

Funny you should mention that.  My Dad's 2015 Tahoe called for an oil change.  His 24K mile free oil change period was up (he blew through that in 1 year), so this would be the 1st one on his dime.  Now it is a lease, so we are just going to do what is required.  I look in the owner's manual to see that it takes 8 1/2 quarts of 0w20 motor oil with Dextrose.  I check the dealer's website.  They have a coupon for $39.95 (four quarts) and a tire rotation.  I call and ask how much it will be for the Tahoe.  No more than $80.  So Dad makes an appointment, brings the truck in, they give it to him an hour later (there was a recall) with the bill $39.95 plus tax.

QuickLane (at the Ford dealer) will do my truck for the same $39 plus tax. Hard to beat that. And the truck takes 7.7 quarts of semi-synthetic.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Hm, my SuperTech was $11 and the filter was, dunno, $5? Amortize my collection jug a bit and go through two nitrile gloves and a couple of paper towels. Free labor and I get to enjoy a long slow two hour drip to get all those contaminants out. B)

In reality, I just set the kitchen timer for 10 minutes and finished up after that. At some point I'll funnel the waste back into the 5 liter jug and drop it off at WallyWorld.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I wouldn't change my own oil if you paid me to do it.
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,553
    Don't forget jacking it up to rotate tires.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    I used to enjoy changing my own oil. Making sure it was done right, using high quality products that I got to choose.

Nowadays, not so much. I can’t seem to do the job without making a mess on my driveway.

I’m not at all sure I want to tackle this on my new 2.7L ecoboost. Kinda weird, to say the least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_GGS4qkouI
  • Options
    Not sure if anyone in here is currently looking at VWs, but I just got this in an email. Bear in mind that the 2015 Passats are under a stop sale order, so you would have to be looking at a 2016.

Good afternoon Henry,

Just wanted to let you know that today VW announced a $1,000 Presidents Bonus that can be used on any Passat, Jetta or Tiguan that we have in stock. Are you still in the market?

• Options
    edited February 2016

I wouldn't change my own oil if you paid me to do it.

I swore it off for my 60th birthday in the UP. Had a good mechanic there who was cheap, and I could walk or bike home. But it's warm here, and I have an nice area to work in and I'd rather hang out at home and piddle with it than drive the 15 minutes to town and wait around for a mechanic to do it. I was at Walmart anyway, so grabbing the oil and filter was easy.

Minivans are hard on front tires, but I mostly don't bother rotating them.
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    edited February 2016

Me too, if my car has a problem I want it fixed- by me or someone else...

I would ammend this to say "by me or someone else who is competent."

There's the rub. I used to use a local independent to do much of the routine stuff that I did in my younger years, when I took significantly more pleasure in dragging myself under vehicles and doing the other chores involved than I do these days. When these guys replaced a u-joint in my wife's Pathfinder without rebalancing the drive shaft, I knew I was done with them. I asked why they didn't balance the shaft, given that the vehicle shook at least as badly after the "repair" as it did before. The response was along the lines of "balance? we don't need no stinkin' balance."

I actually went to the yellow pages (this was a few years ago) and found a driveshaft balancing place which would R & R the piece (most of them want it brought in). They fixed it up nicely, and I was very pleased. That said, I still haven't ferreted out another indy shop to do work on the PF, let alone my TSX.

I can appreciate why you continue to work with a shop you trust. I'd sure like to find one.

I used to do top-notch work on my cars, but that was back when . . . among other things, they were much simpler to work on.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    I still change my own oil (and my wife's and occasionally my daughter's). It takes a maximum of 30 minutes and extends the illusion that I can still work on vehicles.
  • Options

Me too, if my car has a problem I want it fixed- by me or someone else...

I would ammend this to say "by me or someone else who is competent."

There's the rub. I used to use a local independent to do much of the routine stuff that I did in my younger years, when I took significantly more pleasure in dragging myself under vehicles and doing the other chores involved than I do these days. When these guys replaced a u-joint in my wife's Pathfinder without rebalancing the drive shaft, I knew I was done with them. I asked why they didn't balance the shaft, given that the vehicle shook at least as badly after the "repair" as it did before. The response was along the lines of "balance? we don't need no stinkin' balance."

I actually went to the yellow pages (this was a few years ago) and found a driveshaft balancing place which would R & R the piece (most of them want it brought in). They fixed it up nicely, and I was very pleased. That said, I still haven't ferreted out another indy shop to do work on the PF, let alone my TSX.

I can appreciate why you continue to work with a shop you trust. I'd sure like to find one.

I used to do top-notch work on my cars, but that was back when . . . among other things, they were much simpler to work on.

"balance a driveshaft after replacing a u-joint" -- is this something new? I have never heard of that. In the old days, when we had to shorten or lengthen (usually shorten) a drive shaft, we would have to have it rebalanced afterward. This was when we were changing major components, and making things "fit".
  • Options
    You shouldn't have to rebalance a driveshaft after putting in a u-joint, as long as you used alignment chalk marks before you took the driveshaft out. If you didn't, you just pull the driveshaft and rotate it 90 degrees and then try again, until you get it right.
  • Options
    Well, I guess I stand corrected.
  • Options
    slorenzenslorenzen Member Posts: 694
    stever said:

Hm, my SuperTech was $11 and the filter was, dunno, $5? Amortize my collection jug a bit and go through two nitrile gloves and a couple of paper towels. Free labor and I get to enjoy a long slow two hour drip to get all those contaminants out. B)

In reality, I just set the kitchen timer for 10 minutes and finished up after that. At some point I'll funnel the waste back into the 5 liter jug and drop it off at WallyWorld.

The Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer in my town changes the oil in my 2 Hondas and Ford truck.

Charges $21 for up to 5 quarts, and a 30-point inspection, even tops up the windshield cleaner.

I can't hardly do it myself for that money, so they get the job.
  • Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,795
    stever said:

xwesx said:

Fumoto oil drain valve. Seriously; these things are a wonderful investment! :)

Even on the forest service roads? Heck with that, even on my street/driveway? We live on rocks. B)

Yes, why not? I have them on all of my cars and have never had an issue. They're durable little buggers, and they don't tend to be in a location that puts them at high risk anyway. I have a scrape on the one on my 2010 Forester, but I don't recall what caused that nor is it a problem for the valve operation.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,217
    slorenzen said:
    The Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer in my town changes the oil in my 2 Hondas and Ford truck. Charges $21 for up to 5 quarts, and a 30-point inspection, even tops up the windshield cleaner. I can't hardly do it myself for that money, so they get the job.
    On the Honda's, be sure they put a new crush washer on the drain plug.  If not, you risk leaks from the pan.  If they tighten the plug too much, they can strip the pan threads.  Bad experience with 30 minute change places in the 90's cost me a new oil pan repair.   :'(
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
  • Options
    stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    thebean said:

slorenzen said:

The Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer in my town changes the oil in my 2 Hondas and Ford truck.

Charges $21 for up to 5 quarts, and a 30-point inspection, even tops up the windshield cleaner.

On the Honda's, be sure they put a new crush washer on the drain plug.  If not, you risk leaks from the pan.  If they tighten the plug too much, they can strip the pan threads.  Bad experience with 30 minute change places in the 90's cost me a new oil pan repair.   :'(

Around 2004-2005, the Honda CR-V started catching fire because they oil was changed at cheap places. They did not remove the old filter gasket, resulting in oil leaks and engine fires. Took a while to figure out why it was happening. To be fair, the factory in England had changed their suppliers, and the factory washers tended to stick a bit. But the dealer service departments didn't seem to have any trouble getting it done right.
  • Options
    I think I've mentioned a few times about seeing factory test mules around Fairbanks. I happened to see another one today while I wasn't driving, and we were stopped at a light, so I snapped a couple shots with my iPod. That camo looks silly with the naked eye, but it sure works well in terms of getting a decent photo! We had the sun full-on toward the direction of the car, so it was difficult to see well enough for a good shot.

I'm going to guess that it is likely a Ford Fusion mule (maybe a Taurus?). I've seen this one (or siblings) a few times this winter:

2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289
    Back at moms. After 5 hours and 300+ miles in the Corolla, I've got a few thoughts:

Even with the seat all the way back, my right knee and leg were hurting, despite liberal use of cruise control. 

On board monitor shows about 34 MPG - as noted, there was some traffic both last night and a little today. Very little city driving and most of the highway stuff was at 65-80 MPH. I would have expected higher. I'll check mileage when I fill the tank. 

Plenty of of room in the trunk - swallowed my suitcase and moms luggage with ease. Used the back seat for some fragile items. 

Road noise seems worse than my Elantra - trying to hold a conversation with my mom required that I ask her to repeat herself more than once. Granted, she's been pretty quiet since my dad passed so has been talking more softly than normal, but still...

infotainment systems are nicely integrated - easy to pair my phone for Bluetooth calls and used the USB port for music. No satellite radio, though. 

Overall, an ok vehicle but one that wouldn't replace my Elantra when the lease is up. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Since my evil friend @stickguy likes to post used G37xs for me to drool over and my friend @Michaell likes to post about cheapo Q50 leases, I started to poke around on different dealer websites.  I've always been a fan of the G37XS.  I know it is just basically an appearance package on the AWD sedans, but I like the wheels and it has sport seats with adjustable thigh support.  the S designated cars aren't as popular, but they aren't unicorns either.  Most of these were cheap leased out and either turned in at lease end or bought out from a pull ahead program.  The thing that concerns me is that some of these cars have cheapo "my tires are shot and my lease is up" tires or "let's put cheap tires on it so it qualifies as a CPO" tires.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    nyccarguy said:

Since my evil friend @stickguy likes to post used G37xs for me to drool over and my friend @Michaell likes to post about cheapo Q50 leases, I started to poke around on different dealer websites.  I've always been a fan of the G37XS.  I know it is just basically an appearance package on the AWD sedans, but I like the wheels and it has sport seats with adjustable thigh support.  the S designated cars aren't as popular, but they aren't unicorns either.  Most of these were cheap leased out and either turned in at lease end or bought out from a pull ahead program.  The thing that concerns me is that some of these cars have cheapo "my tires are shot and my lease is up" tires or "let's put cheap tires on it so it qualifies as a CPO" tires.

Hey, pay the right price for the car and suddenly a new set of quality tires is no big deal. :)
  • Options
    Not sure I have seen a sport 4 door. Didn't know about the seats. that sounds nice! But I bet it has rubber band tires. not so nice. one good thing on the G37 standard is 50 series 17" tires or some such. I need my sidewall!

and I too hate the pep boy specials on an otherwise nice car. I would rather get it on baldies with a $400 discount. I have seen a few that were so cheapo I would have to factor in putting on a set of Contis into my offer price!

I hope it doesn't become an issue for me on my leases, but if it does, yes I will be putting on the cheapest sneakers I can find!

• Options
    got me curious. so I checked local dealer. They do have a sport 4 door used. Seats do look nice, and tires are fine size (225/50-18). So that would work.

And they have a real oddball. Which I actually like. A RWD G37. Don't see many of them around here in the NE.

http://www.holmaninfiniti.com/weeklyspecials/2013/Infiniti/G37/JN1CV6AP0DM720459/DM720459

• Options
    That "Holman" badge on the back is horrible 

• Options
    slorenzen said:

That is cheap. But you still have to fool around with going to the dealer and what the heck are you going to do there to kill a couple of hours? Look at a bunch of cars in the showroom or on the lot? :p

Yep, that's when your oil change gets real expensive. :D

Nice looking weather up there @xwesx - you may need to start cruising more often so you can sell some of those spy shots.
  • Options

Well, I guess I stand corrected.

No, no---jes' saying it's unusual but I can recall a few cars where the driveshaft was technically not "rebuildable" but people were able to do it anyway--and those sometimes required balancing.
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,362
    thebean said:

<

A friend took his X3 to Joe Bob's Auto Repair and Tanning Salon. The alleged tech didn't use a washer either and cranked down on the plug. Fortunately I managed to get it loose without wrecking the pan. And don't get me started about how the same idjit used a substandard filter cartridge and failed to reset the service monitor because "we ain't got one of them there fancy computers." No computer was needed of course- I had it reset in a couple of minutes.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    edited February 2016
    On some cars, both the brand of oil filter and how you install it can be critical. On my car if you choose the wrong filter for that year (easy to do), it won't filter any oil at all--just bypass it.
  • Options
    nyccarguy said:

You just a pill, or had a bad experience with Holman? :p

Doesn't bother me, but I see plenty of them around here. I guess if you don't like it, 5 minutes with some WD40 and a piece of dental floss, and it will be gone.

I actually really like that one. No Navi, but other than that looks good. Not a bad price for the low miles, and close to 4 years warranty with the CPO.

Interesting Carfax entry. 3 days after it was registered with 22 miles, it went to a tire place in KY for tires(s). Maybe someone disliked the OEMs enough to put something good on there!

• Options
    ah, the old oil change debate. Especially while it is under warranty, I prefer to go to the dealer (stay away from the quikie lubes). They have express service, so done within an hour. That way, if there is ever a problem, they have all the records (call this the JMonroe coverage package). And I know that the right filters and fluids are going in (Honda was always deemed to be particularly sensitive to some of them).

Plus I get to spend an hour wandering around looking at the cars!

• Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,265
    henryn said:

My 2006 Cadillac DTS (about to turn 40k miles), has a small oil leak. I'm pretty sure it's a valve cover, I can smell (just barely) burnt oil when I get out of it, if I walk past the front of the car.

My truck is leaking oil out of the oil fill tube (the o-ring between it and the valve cover is worn out). Drips a couple of drops on my newly sealed driveway. I couldn't get the fill tube to come out, so I'm taking it in this Saturday. I hope they don't have to remove the valve cover to get the blasted thing out.
  • Options
    slorenzenslorenzen Member Posts: 694

thebean said:

<

A friend took his X3 to Joe Bob's Auto Repair and Tanning Salon. The alleged tech didn't use a washer either and cranked down on the plug. Fortunately I managed to get it loose without wrecking the pan. And don't get me started about how the same idjit used a substandard filter cartridge and failed to reset the service monitor because "we ain't got one of them there fancy computers." No computer was needed of course- I had it reset in a couple of minutes.

"Joe Bob's Auto Repair and Tanning Salon"

OK, I need a new keyboard... :D

The cheap dealer seems to be doing it right. They use a new crush washer every time, and I get to look at all the new stuff being put out by Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep!

• Options
    iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    I like the walks around looking at the new rigs while the dealer does the LOF. Marginal coffee and happy-happy customers around(most of the time) that are in that worried/happy mood after putting their John Hancock down on the dotted line!

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• Options
    houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327

On some cars, both the brand of oil filter and how you install it can be critical. On my car if you choose the wrong filter for that year (easy to do), it won't filter any oil at all--just bypass it.

On the bright side, the wrong filter would last you for years.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    nyccarguy said:

My wife's G37X was a Sport..

Sport gets you 18" wheels, too.. non-sports are 17"

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Back to VW today to get the other new trim pieces put on by their outside tint guy, car looks great wth the new do-dads. Liking it even more now!
    Sat in a year old Tiguan and again I realized that that's what I should've gotten back at the end of 2013. Like the SE model as it is equipped nicer with the extras I like. Have seen some shots of the new 2017 model and looks to be a longer and larger vehicle, a mistake in my opinion as it's perfect right now. My brother's on his second one right now and loves it.
    My old service writer went back to Puerto Rico do met my new guy and he advised me to not do the 20K service to early, we decided that around 19.5K should be sufficient as I wanted to do it much sooner, hit 15K today. Will listen to his suggestion and wait which should put me into July if my driving habits stay the same. Also found out that the right fog lamp is cracked but still working so will leave that alone for the time being. They're doing major construction on I-75 on my way to work with dump trucks all over the place so not surprised that one is broken, but am resisting the urge to fix it now. Plan is to wait till all the roadwork is completed and then fix whatever needs being done.

The Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    edited February 2016
    thebean said:

"Joe Bob's Auto Repair and Tanning Salon"

OK, I need a new keyboard... :D

The cheap dealer seems to be doing it right. They use a new crush washer every time, and I get to look at all the new stuff being put out by Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep!

The kicker was that I had repeatedly told my friend to just let me do the work- I even offered to get the oil and filter and he could just pay me back. He didn't learn; he went somewhere else to get his battery replaced- and I ended up redoing that job as well...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,265

He didn't learn; he went somewhere else to get his battery replaced- and I ended up redoing that job as well...

To be fair, on the newer BMWs, having to reprogram a module just to replace a battery is nuts. The goofy Intelligent Battery Sensor on my E90 was bad for about the first year I had it--the accessories would shut off due to a "low battery" about a minute after you shut off the ignition, even though the battery wasn't low.
  • Options
    stickguy said:

nyccarguy said:

Doesn't bother me, but I see plenty of them around here. I guess if you don't like it, 5 minutes with some WD40 and a piece of dental floss, and it will be gone.

I actually really like that one. No Navi, but other than that looks good. Not a bad price for the low miles, and close to 4 years warranty with the CPO.

Interesting Carfax entry. 3 days after it was registered with 22 miles, it went to a tire place in KY for tires(s). Maybe someone disliked the OEMs enough to put something good on there!
    I just don't like dealer badges. Plate frames I'm ok with, but no badges.

• Options
    corvette said:

To be fair, on the newer BMWs, having to reprogram a module just to replace a battery is nuts. The goofy Intelligent Battery Sensor on my E90 was bad for about the first year I had it--the accessories would shut off due to a "low battery" about a minute after you shut off the ignition, even though the battery wasn't low.

That's the thing- his X3 didn't have IBS- but the idiot tech gave him a printed warning sheet telling him to go to the dealer and have the battery registered to the car. The guy also broke the vent tube removing the battery and simply left it unattached...

• Options
    Here's a 2013 that meets my requirements. Looks like they have had it in the lot since November. Asking $24,789.

http://www.infinitiofmanhasset.com/certified-cars/2013-infiniti-g37-sedan-4dr-x-awd-v2187222/detail/

• Options
    nyccarguy said:

Here's a 2013 that meets my requirements. Looks like they have had it in the lot since November. Asking $24,789.

http://www.infinitiofmanhasset.com/certified-cars/2013-infiniti-g37-sedan-4dr-x-awd-v2187222/detail/

I LIKE! Go for it!

• Options
    nice car, though bright red is not my thing. Shave a couple grand off, and good to go. Should eliminate the worry about merging off the parkway ramps. And the smooth ride over the bombed out roads!

• Options

nyccarguy said:

I LIKE! Go for it!
    You are worse than stick! Ha!

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,923
    I take the badges off the minute I get the car home....  My 04 has a little Holman badge on it, but since it's been on there since day one I'm afraid to take it off now.  

Plate frames go too, they are even worse IMO.   

@stickguy.  A few years back a friend wanted a 4 door sporty type vehicle and it had to be a manual.  I searched for a few weeks and finally found a 2 year old G35 with a stick.  They ended up getting a screaming deal on it.  It was literally the only one for sale in NJ at the time.  

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,986
    edited February 2016
    nyccarguy said:

stickguy said:

nyccarguy said:

I just don't like dealer badges. Plate frames I'm ok with, but no badges.
    That's the first thing I do when I get home with a new purchase. Off with the dealer badge and license plate frame. WD-40 is great when the sticker is really glued to the car. On our Pilot, the dealer sticker must have been on for some time. It was a bear to come off, little pieces at a time, and in certain light you can see a shadow image of the dealer sticker. I guess the dark blue paint faded a smidge. We had a couple of dealers that had chrome dealer badges that were screwed on or held in place with small rivets---I never bought from them.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    edited February 2016
    I have a custom badge from a Toyota giveaway just waiting for a new car to stick it on. It has nothing to do with cars but looks like a usual car logo. Should be fun to make people do a double-take. I'll share if/when we ever get a new ride.

And I still have that Caddy badge that could screw onto a grill....
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Michaell said:

Back at moms. After 5 hours and 300+ miles in the Corolla, I've got a few thoughts:

Even with the seat all the way back, my right knee and leg were hurting, despite liberal use of cruise control. 

Which is why I complain so much about not being able to buy a new car without a console. Of course, my complaining does about as much good as {non permissible content removed}.