Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

9 Most Fuel-Efficient Trucks for 2016 | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2017 in Editorial
image9 Most Fuel-Efficient Trucks for 2016 | Edmunds.com

Meet the 2016 trucks that offer the best gas mileage.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    faztang1faztang1 Member Posts: 13
    Where is the Ridgeline?
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited October 2016
    The first generation Honda Ridgeline ended production in mid-2014 per Wikipedia. The second generation started up as a 2017 model. So I guess it wasn't available in time to make the cut.
  • Options
    gregsfc1gregsfc1 Member Posts: 29
    If you count the Chevy/GMC duramaxs' as one truck, then full-size gets two out of the top three spots. I choose the F150 with the 2.7 liter Ecoboost as the overall winner, for the same reason I chose it in real life. With the power train as the only factor, with no regards to price or configuration choices, then I'd choose the little amazing Duramax. But, even as someone who didn't really need or require a full-size truck, when I considered everything, the F150 with the little Ecoboost gave a great combination of the chance to get good mpg; a really well designed package; a choice of a regular cab, which was my preference; an engine with good low-end torque that was an absolute must; and then the biggest attribute of all: my F150 cost an extra $800 to go from a weasley NA V6 to a 325 hp / 375 peak torque, with 90% of that starting at 1900 RPM and mpg rated at 19/26. Compare that to the GM twins. The price goes from a starting price of just about $21K to $36K for the first chance to drive a diesel. Moreover, although the diesel gives a good jump in mpg over the base 2.7 I4, if I choose one, I must accept four big doors. So less than $28K for a full-size truck nearly just as I'd build one myself, or $36K for a crew cab that I don't want that has less overall high tech engineering as a compact truck. No thanks; I got the Ford F150, and can achieve the EPA estimate in the real world in this minimalist version of the truck no problem.