Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2017 Mercedes Benz CLA-Class Lease Deals and Prices

tonydt1g3rtonydt1g3r Member Posts: 2
edited August 2017 in Mercedes-Benz
Does anyone happen to know the lease numbers MF and residual for the new 2017 CLA 250 FWD for 12k miles

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

Does anyone happen to know the lease numbers MF and residual for the new 2017 CLA 250 FWD for 12k miles

.00103 MF and 59% residual for 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    JimbeauxJimbeaux Member Posts: 12
    Hi, what would be the MF and residual for a 2017 CLA250 FWD 36/15?
  • Options
    Jimbeaux said:

Hi, what would be the MF and residual for a 2017 CLA250 FWD 36/15?

.00056 MF and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    katmin27katmin27 Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

I'm looking at a 2016 as well as a 2017 CLA 250 4Matic 10k - 36 months. Do you mind sharing the MF and residuals for each.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316
    katmin27 said:

Hi,

I'm looking at a 2016 as well as a 2017 CLA 250 4Matic 10k - 36 months. Do you mind sharing the MF and residuals for each.

2017 - 60% and .00056

2016 discussion is here:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/37562/mercedes-benz/cla-class/2016-mercedes-benz-cla-class-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    lvrebellvrebel Member Posts: 11
    Looking for MF and Residual for 2017 CLA 4Matic for Washington State. Also, what should I look for in fair negotiation of discount off MSRP. Appreciate the response.
  • Options
    lvrebel said:

Looking for MF and Residual for 2017 CLA 4Matic for Washington State. Also, what should I look for in fair negotiation of discount off MSRP. Appreciate the response.

What lease term and how many miles per year?

We don't track pricing - use the "make / model / year" pull downs at the top of the page to link to the price tools.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    vokenvoken Member Posts: 21
    Is the below deal good for 2017 CLA AWD for 36/10K ?

MSRP - 34,400 + $7650 (extras) + $925 destination = $42,975
    Net Cost = $37,818 (assuming a 12% discount)
    Residual = $25,785 (at 60%)
    Depreciation = $12,033

Monthly: $363.51 (finance fee 29.26 + monthly fee 334.25)

I live in Yonkers, NY (10701). do you know on what amount the tax will be calculated ? I am assuming Tax is paid on monthly payment, so it shd be (8.875% on $363.51 = $31.81 * 36 months = $1,145) . Is this correct ? The dealer said my tax will be close to $2,087 !!!!
  • Options
    lvrebellvrebel Member Posts: 11
    Michaell said:

lvrebel said:

We don't track pricing - use the "make / model / year" pull downs at the top of the page to link to the price tools.
    Thanks Michael. I wrote post too quickly and forgot some pertinent info. Lease team 36 mos / 7500 and 36 / 10000 miles.

• Options
    voken said:

Is the below deal good for 2017 CLA AWD for 36/10K ?

MSRP - 34,400 + $7650 (extras) + $925 destination = $42,975
    Net Cost = $37,818 (assuming a 12% discount)
    Residual = $25,785 (at 60%)
    Depreciation = $12,033

Monthly: $363.51 (finance fee 29.26 + monthly fee 334.25)

I live in Yonkers, NY (10701). do you know on what amount the tax will be calculated ? I am assuming Tax is paid on monthly payment, so it shd be (8.875% on $363.51 = $31.81 * 36 months = $1,145) . Is this correct ? The dealer said my tax will be close to $2,087 !!!!

.00056 MF and 60% residual.

I get $369.87, using .00056 as the MF.

NY calculates the tax on all payments, then collects it upfront.
    With my number, that's about $1181.
    Anything paid upfront (acq.fee, CAP cost reduction, customer rebates) is also taxed. But, seems doubtful they could come up with $900 more in tax. Maybe the $2087 number includes some other charges?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    lvrebel said:

Michaell said:

lvrebel said:

Thanks Michael. I wrote post too quickly and forgot some pertinent info. Lease team 36 mos / 7500 and 36 / 10000 miles.

.00056 MF and 61%/60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    obmtoobmto Member Posts: 15
    Do you have the numbers for CLA250 4Matic for 36months @ 12k?
  • Options
    obmto said:

Do you have the numbers for CLA250 4Matic for 36months @ 12k?

59% and .00056

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    kfromevanstonkfromevanston Member Posts: 14
    Michaell and Kyfdx - thank you for all your help. I got a great lease deal and couldn't have done it without both of you. Thanks again and Happy Holidays!
  • Options

Michaell and Kyfdx - thank you for all your help. I got a great lease deal and couldn't have done it without both of you. Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    floridagator1floridagator1 Member Posts: 68
    @Michaell @kyfdx 2017 CLA45 AMG lease residuals and MF for 24/36/39 months all for 15k miles/yr. is Mercedes currently offering any incentives or rebates? Thanks as always.
  • Options

@Michaell @kyfdx 2017 CLA45 AMG lease residuals and MF for 24/36/39 months all for 15k miles/yr. is Mercedes currently offering any incentives or rebates? Thanks as always.

.00077 MF and 58%/52% residual.

No 39 month term.
    No info on incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    paxton407paxton407 Member Posts: 74
    Hello,

Could you provide numbers for CLA45 AMG for 33mo (if viable) and 36mo at 10k miles? Thank you!
  • Options
    paxton407 said:

Hello,

Could you provide numbers for CLA45 AMG for 33mo (if viable) and 36mo at 10k miles? Thank you!

55% and .00077.

No 33 month term from MB.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    If you recently sold or traded in a BMW for a Mercedes, Jaguar, Volvo, Audi or Cadillac vehicle, a reporter would be interested in speaking with you about your experience. Please send a note to PR@Edmunds.com no later than 5 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2017. Thanks!
  • Options
    howdy_azhowdy_az Member Posts: 12
    edited February 2017
    Hi @Michaell & @Kydfx

I am getting this deal from a local dealer on cla250 fwd, 12k/36 months in AZ(chandler). Original MSRP - $36,545.
    Selling price - 32,940 ; including extras - Blind spot, smart phone integration, rear spoiler, tint, 18'' wheels (discount is ~9%)
    Rebate - 1,000
    Acq fee - 1,095
    doc fee and registration fee - 1,000
    Tax for here will be - 7.8%
    With all the calculation and $2500 down, he came up with ~$395 monthly payments including tax.

Do you think it's a fair deal? Any other possibility of negotiation? Also, can you explain how taxes are calculated for a lease? Being really naïve in leasing a car, I don't understand the tax calculation.

Also, what will be the residual and MF for cla250, 12k/36 months lease? They mentioned 59% and 0.00116, but in my calculation numbers don't add up.

Appreciate your help!!
  • Options
    howdy_az said:

Hi @Michaell & @Kydfx

I am getting this deal from a local dealer on cla250 fwd, 12k/36 months in AZ(chandler). Original MSRP - $36,545.
    Selling price - 32,940 ; including extras - Blind spot, smart phone integration, rear spoiler, tint, 18'' wheels (discount is ~9%)
    Rebate - 1,000
    Acq fee - 1,095
    doc fee and registration fee - 1,000
    Tax for here will be - 7.8%
    With all the calculation and $2500 down, he came up with ~$395 monthly payments including tax.

Do you think it's a fair deal? Any other possibility of negotiation? Also, can you explain how taxes are calculated for a lease? Being really naïve in leasing a car, I don't understand the tax calculation.

Also, what will be the residual and MF for cla250, 12k/36 months lease? They mentioned 59% and 0.00116, but in my calculation numbers don't add up.

Appreciate your help!!

.00056 MF and 59% residual.
    As you can see, that's a substantial markup to the money factor
    Also, the acquisition fee is marked up from the $795 base.
    You might want a breakdown of the $1000 fee, as well. How much is actually government fees, and how much is just extra revenue for the dealer?

If we take the sale price, and add $795 acquisition, subtract $1000 for rebate, for a CAP cost of $32,735, we get a payment of $341/mo.+tax (using the base .00056 MF)
    $368/mo. with tax.

Due at signing: 1st payment, dealer/registration fee ($1400 max)

That would be a fair deal. $1100 less upfront and $30/mo. less on the payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    howdy_azhowdy_az Member Posts: 12
    edited February 2017
    thanks for quick reply. I enquired with couple of dealers and seems like everyone's acq fee is > $1000 and mf is .00116. Has it changed recently? They mentioned they have got this from Merc and can't be negotiated. Can this be different in AZ and is it true that it can't be negotiated?

• Options
    howdy_az said:

thanks for quick reply. I enquired with couple of dealers and seems like everyone's acq fee is > $1000 and mf is .00116. Has it changed recently? They mentioned they have got this from Merc and can't be negotiated. Can this be different in AZ and is it true that it can't be negotiated?

Dealers are feeding you a line.

Base acquisition fee is $795 - dealer can mark it up to $1095 (and, they often do).

MF has not changed for February. Expand your search area - you should eventually find a dealer who will quote you the base MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    bmwpcbmwpc Member Posts: 23
    edited February 2017
    Need some help. Looking a leasing a Mercedes 2017 CLA250C, MSRP $46.1 . I can buy the car for $42k plus taxes, registration etc. However for a zero down , 7500 mile, 36 month lease they want $694 a month. This seems way out of line. Please help/comment. Lease is in Tampa, FL. Absolutely no credit score concerns.Thanks
  • Options
    bmwpc said:

Need some help. Looking a leasing a Mercedes 2017 CLA250C, MSRP $46.1 . I can buy the car for $42k plus taxes, registration etc. However for a zero down , 7500 mile, 36 month lease they want $694 a month. This seems way out of line. Please help/comment. Lease is in Tampa, FL. Absolutely no credit score concerns.Thanks

.00056 and 61%.

With the MSRP and selling prices mentioned, I get $425/mo plus tax.

Ask the dealer what the adjusted cap cost is, and how they got to that number from the $42K selling price.

Plus the MF could be marked way up.

My guess is that they won't want to share that information with you; if so, find another dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Thanks very much. I thought I had a funny feeling in my backside.
  • Options
    Michaell, after reading you post to me and others I went to the MB website and looked at one of their offer. Of course they don't give their MF or residual so I tried to work it backwards. Staying with the 61% the only way I could get their figures to come out would be if they were using a .00113 MF. Looking at the below, am I correct?

Available only to qualified customers through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services at participating dealers through February 28, 2017. Not everyone will qualify. Advertised 36 months lease payment based on MSRP of $37,675 less the suggested dealer contribution resulting in a total gross capitalized cost of $36,626. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect your actual lease payment. Includes Destination Charge and Premium 1 Package. Excludes title, taxes, registration, license fees, insurance, dealer prep and additional options. Total monthly payments equal $12,564. Cash due at signing includes $2,599 capitalized cost reduction, $795 acquisition fee and first month’s lease payment of $349. No security deposit required. Total payments equal $15,958. At lease end, lessee pays for any amounts due under the lease, any official fees and taxes related to the scheduled termination, excess wear and use plus $0.25/mile over 30,000 miles, and $595 vehicle turn-in fee. Purchase option at lease end for $22,605 plus taxes (and any other fees and charges due under the applicable lease agreement) in example shown. Subject to credit approval. Specific vehicles are subject to availability and may have to be ordered. See participating dealer for details. Please always wear your seat belt, drive safely and obey speed limits.
  • Options
    bmwpc said:

Michaell, after reading you post to me and others I went to the MB website and looked at one of their offer. Of course they don't give their MF or residual so I tried to work it backwards. Staying with the 61% the only way I could get their figures to come out would be if they were using a .00113 MF. Looking at the below, am I correct?

Available only to qualified customers through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services at participating dealers through February 28, 2017. Not everyone will qualify. Advertised 36 months lease payment based on MSRP of $37,675 less the suggested dealer contribution resulting in a total gross capitalized cost of $36,626. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect your actual lease payment. Includes Destination Charge and Premium 1 Package. Excludes title, taxes, registration, license fees, insurance, dealer prep and additional options. Total monthly payments equal $12,564. Cash due at signing includes $2,599 capitalized cost reduction, $795 acquisition fee and first month’s lease payment of $349. No security deposit required. Total payments equal $15,958. At lease end, lessee pays for any amounts due under the lease, any official fees and taxes related to the scheduled termination, excess wear and use plus $0.25/mile over 30,000 miles, and $595 vehicle turn-in fee. Purchase option at lease end for $22,605 plus taxes (and any other fees and charges due under the applicable lease agreement) in example shown. Subject to credit approval. Specific vehicles are subject to availability and may have to be ordered. See participating dealer for details. Please always wear your seat belt, drive safely and obey speed limits.

No.. the money factor on the advertised deal is .00056

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks again. I'll be talking with them today
  • Options
    FYI, with you information I just talked to the dealer and my lease suddenly dropped. However that are still saying the residual value is 57% with a .00056 money factor. so now it's at $511 including our 6% tax per month.
  • Options
    bmwpc said:

FYI, with you information I just talked to the dealer and my lease suddenly dropped. However that are still saying the residual value is 57% with a .00056 money factor. so now it's at $511 including our 6% tax per month.

57% is the base 36/15 residual.
    7.5K/yr adds 4%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks so much. Perhaps this explains why the dealer was insistent on 57% and I was insistent on the 61% you gave me on a 7.5/36 lease. I'll push further on that fine point.
  • Options
    davidyoondavidyoon Member Posts: 2
    Hello Michaell,

I am trying to lease 2017 CLA250 FWD w/ Premium Package, Panorama sunroof, Smartphone integration, and a rear spoiler. (36 mo/12K mil.)

Here is the breakdown from a dealer.
    Acquisition = $1,095
    Residual = 59%
    Money factor = 0.00066

$399 + TAX

Is this a good deal or not?
    I'm trying to teach myself how to determine whether it's a good deal or not, but my brain is melting...please help!

• Options
    davidyoon said:

Hello Michaell,

I am trying to lease 2017 CLA250 FWD w/ Premium Package, Panorama sunroof, Smartphone integration, and a rear spoiler. (36 mo/12K mil.)

Here is the breakdown from a dealer.
    Acquisition = $1,095
    Residual = 59%
    Money factor = 0.00066

$399 + TAX

Is this a good deal or not?
    I'm trying to teach myself how to determine whether it's a good deal or not, but my brain is melting...please help!

I show the MF as .00056, this month. Dealer can mark the MF up for extra profit, but that's a very small markup.

Acquisition fee is also inflated - base is $795.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    davidyoondavidyoon Member Posts: 2
    Thank you so much!!

So everything else looks okay?
  • Options
    davidyoon said:
    Thank you so much!! So everything else looks okay?
    Yep

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell, an update. after all the negotiation there was not one 2017 CLA spec'ed exactly as I wanted in the US or the remaining ones on the ship. Dealers are already submitting 2018 orders and getting build dates. So the dealer offered me the same discount 8.2% on a 2018 with the MF and residuals to be determined. I think, that is a pretty good deal as 2 other dealers offered discounts of less then 1K on an ordered 2018. I'll be checking back with you when the 18 arrives to see if MF and residuals are "good." Thanks again
  • Options
    Michael, I went to another dealer I have worked with before and he offered my 10% off, any applicable USAA rebate and then current lease rates. So, I now have a production date the first week in March and an expected delivery date near the end or March or early April. It will be an MB lease. What would you expect the MF and residuals to be then?
  • Options
    bmwpc said:

Michael, I went to another dealer I have worked with before and he offered my 10% off, any applicable USAA rebate and then current lease rates. So, I now have a production date the first week in March and an expected delivery date near the end or March or early April. It will be an MB lease. What would you expect the MF and residuals to be then?

The current numbers expire at the end of the month. No guess as to what will happen in April.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    tbonephiletbonephile Member Posts: 20
    Could you please tell me the money factor and residual for a 2017 CLA45 for 36/12 and 36/15 for Massachusetts?
  • Options

Could you please tell me the money factor and residual for a 2017 CLA45 for 36/12 and 36/15 for Massachusetts?

.00058 MF and 53%/51% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    tbonephiletbonephile Member Posts: 20
    kyfdx said:

Could also please give me the 42 month 12k and 15k money factor and residual for the CLA45?
  • Options

kyfdx said:

Could also please give me the 42 month 12k and 15k money factor and residual for the CLA45?
    Same MF; subtract 5% from the residual.

36 months is the best term.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    stelsedm said:

Hello,

Could you provide the residual and MF for a 36 months 10k and 12k lease for a CLA 250 / CLA 250 4MATIC

Thanks!

.00037 MF and 58% residual for 36/12, either model
    Add 1% for 10K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jjd5006jjd5006 Member Posts: 30
    Looking for a quote on a CLA 250 4matic and got the following from dealer:

3yr/10k miles per yr
    'out of pocket' (not itemized - i asked for zero down, except 1st payment +dmv) = $1100 due at sign

msrp 39,830
    selling price 36,112
    'fees' 297.15
    salestax (PA) 2171.72
    Net sales price 38,580.87

monthly $437.25

Seems a bit noncompetitive with other cla quotes i've seen, but i am an amateur.
  • Options
    jjd5006 said:

Looking for a quote on a CLA 250 4matic and got the following from dealer:

3yr/10k miles per yr
    'out of pocket' (not itemized - i asked for zero down, except 1st payment +dmv) = $1100 due at sign

msrp 39,830
    selling price 36,112
    'fees' 297.15
    salestax (PA) 2171.72
    Net sales price 38,580.87

monthly $437.25

Seems a bit noncompetitive with other cla quotes i've seen, but i am an amateur.

.00037 and 59%

PA taxes the monthly payment; you can ignore the tax amount given to you.

If I use the selling price as the cap cost, I get $372/mo plus tax.

PA adds a 3% surcharge on the sales tax for a lease (9% total) - that takes my payment to $406/mo

Ask the dealer what the adjusted cap cost is, and how they got that number from the selling price. (likely the acquisition fee, for starters)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    My 2018 CLA 250 in now in port at Brunswick waiting for the government to allow it to be released to the dealer for sale. What should I expect for money factor and residuals? My dealer is discounting the car 10% and my lease will be a 3 year 10K mile (or lower if offered)
  • Options
    Also, it is expected I will receive it before the end of April.
  • Options
    bmwpc said:

My 2018 CLA 250 in now in port at Brunswick waiting for the government to allow it to be released to the dealer for sale. What should I expect for money factor and residuals? My dealer is discounting the car 10% and my lease will be a 3 year 10K mile (or lower if offered)

We don't have any 2018 model information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator