Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Corolla Real World MPG

191011121315»

Comments

• I have a 2006 Toyota Corolla that is (really) well maintained. Has 105K miles on the Odometer and I decided to do a "Highway only" mpg test to see the theoretical max I can achieve. I limited my max speed to 60 mph, mostly drove on cruise, rarely ever used the brake (anticipatory), used the A/C about 50% of the time, and if I went up a slope, then I coasted down in neutral (only to cancel slope effect), and drove a total of 387 miles before I refilled to full tank to get the exact fuel consumption. I filled only 7.89 gal (fuel spit-back, no excess) that netted me 49 miles/gal !! Is that even possible ?

I am going to do it again to confirm. Any insights into making my test better ?

thx in advance.
  • steverstever Posts: 52,683
    A reporter is looking to get in touch with car owners who are waiting for replacement parts, etc. for their faulty Takata air bags. If you're an affected owner and you'd like to help, please reach out to pr@edmunds.com by no later than Monday, November 9, 2015.