Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!

Dodge Durango transmission problem (s)

expigguyexpigguy Posts: 1
edited February 2017 in Dodge
Have a 1998 Durango 4wd 5.2. Transmission pressure low (check engine Light). Changed fluid, now it goes into gear and will lock up. Then goes in again, locks up. I do have low and reverse. Ports clogged with debris?

Answers

• john4545john4545 Posts: 136
    My friend had a lot of problems w/ his Durango 1999. Trans problems was one of many. he called it the money pit.
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Posts: 4,879
    expigguy said:

Have a 1998 Durango 4wd 5.2. Transmission pressure low (check engine Light). Changed fluid, now it goes into gear and will lock up. Then goes in again, locks up. I do have low and reverse. Ports clogged with debris?

Not exactly sure what you mean by lock up. Is the engine stalling because the torque convertor clutch is locking up? If the transmission cooler is restricted you can get a false TCC engagement. You could try bypassing the cooler to test and see if that makes the symptom go away. If it does, install an external cooler.

If by lock up you mean something other than that, could you be more specific and include the code number(s).