Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Reduced engine power service Trac and stabilitrak - 2008 SS Impala

htownsshtownss Member Posts: 1
edited February 2017 in Chevrolet
Hey all I have a 2008 SS impala. Guys, I'm bowtie till I die, but man this cars giving me second thoughts. From harmonic balancer separation to water pump pulley cracking. Nothing but problems. Newest issue, one i see many are familiar with, is this reduced power, service stabilitrak, service traction control. I haven't done anything yet. Still trying to pinpoint my point of origin. Any tips or ideas on what's most likely the problem without breaking the bank?

Answers

• ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    edited February 2017
    Hi, htownss,
    There's a pretty big discussion about this in another thread HERE.

There's also a GM diagnostic notice HERE. It's a year old and concerns MY 2009-2011, but you might find it useful.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    There are many possibilities as to what the problem may be. It has to be scanned and correction from there
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Ray's right---there's no "point" to pinpoint. If you follow Claires link, you'll get a better idea of the ins and outs of the problem.