Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• A dealer just told me that the rates are the same as last month
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 126,124
    Sorry.. .we don't have the October rates for Acura, yet..

regards,
    kyfdx

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Has anyone been able to get a decent lease price on the AWD with advance?

They seem to be in short supply and the best quote I got so far was around $800 a month with 0 down and 15K a year for 36 months. Even this quote was only if I wait until the beginning of next month.
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    There are no extra Advance/Entertainment models just sitting around, and for a $57400 vehicle, $800'ish with $0 down sounds about right or great. Key is going to be availability and if there is an actual vehicle to combine with any lease quote.

Wait for one if the Advance is what you want, it is worth it. If not, go Tech or Tech/Ent and add accessories.
  • While $800 a month might not be that bad, I am comparing it to the Inifiniti QX60 (formerly JX35).

The Infiniti drives like a minivan which is a big drawback. On the other hand it has much a much nicer and more intuitive center stack with dedicated buttons for normal functions. It has a larger third row which is somewhat helpful. It also has the 360 camera view which is a nice addition. A fully loaded Infiniti with the same sticker price as the MDX Advance is going for about $650 a month.

My dilemma is:

Wait for an Acura and pay more, or get the Inifiniti and suffer with the lousy drive.
    "A dealer just told me that the rates are the same as last month"

That is correct.. September rates have carried over into October

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Moderator

• Leased 2014 MDX AWD w/ TECH for: (MSRP: 51,256)

36 Month / 12k per year
    $1,000 out of pocket, which included first month($610) , DMV($197.50) and some bs fees ($197 i guess to make up the difference)
    $610/month (which includes 8.875% NYC taxes).

I think not to bad.
  • tdubs2tdubs2 Posts: 7
    Interesting deva626. Which dealer did you go to in NYC? Also which options did you add to get the MSRP to $51,256?

I had a $650/month (incl. taxes rolled in) deal in NY with DMV fees additional.
  • I am interested in this thread as I received an initial lease quote from a Mass dealer on an 2014 MDX SH-AWD with tech package of $550/month, 36 months and 10K miles/year. That's with $3K down and $1700 in "fees" for $4700 total out of pocket. In trying to back into that figure, using a lease pmt calculator, with a MF of .00170 and 64% residual for 10K miles/year, it looks like they are not even discounting the vehicle $1000.
  • pd65pd65 Posts: 5
    You need to negotiate. I bought mine in July when it was hot and paid 3,950 out of pocket / 519 PM/12,000miles/36 mo. Dealer is Ralley in Long Island. I am sure you can negotiate a better deal now than mine as year end is approaching.
  • I certainly understand/agree on the negotiating aspect. Do recall what your cap cost was prior to your putting money down? Residuals on the MDX seem to be some of the highest out there right now.
  • What are the MF and RV for a 2014 MDX AWD with tech 12k/year for 36 and 48 month with 12k/year?

Also, what are the same numbers for just the AWD without the tech package?
    I'm sorry, but we don't have the Acura information for October..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Moderator

• Thanks for the update. I think I read somewhere it is the same as it is for Sept.

Would you happen to know it for Sept?
    Sorry... didn't have the MDX numbers last month, either...

Edmunds Moderator

• Went to the dealer to see what I could get...

They quoted me a MF 0.00180 and RV of 64 or 65% (I can't remember exactly) for a 2014 MDX AWD base - 12k/yr - 36month lease.

Can acura dealers mark up the MF and RV or are they set in stone by Acura?

Also, what would be a good selling price for the base excluding tax, titles etc?
  • Just leased a 2014 MDX AWD base, White Diamond with parchment interior. $1000 total drive off and $499 including LA County tax monthly. 36 months and 10k mileage allowance per year.
  • raj11raj11 Posts: 7
    which dealer did you get that deal with?
  • I'm being offered a lease with a sale price of $44, 134. Residual for 12K is 62%, MF is .00170. Zero down.

This comes out to ~$585/ month... assuming it doesn't include tax. Is this a good deal?

Thanks everyone!
  • Those numbers don't make sense as the 14' MDX SH-AWD with Tech stickers at $49,460.

I just picked one up in Massachusetts with $2K down, residual for 10K is 64% and got the .00170 MF. My monthly is $525 with tax included.

I walked into the dealer with printouts from the lease calculator off Bankrate.com which takes into account MSRP, purchase price, MF, amount down, sales tax % and residual amount at lease end.

No incentives on these vehicles as they are brand new and selling really well so no chance they're selling you a new one for $44,134.

Use the bank rate lease calculator.
  • deanniedeannie Posts: 13
    edited November 2013
    I have an 06 FX35 and needed a 3-row. I loved (and still enjoy) the 2-row FX, and hoped the JX would similarly pan out as a sporty Japanese BMW-like 3-row. I tried the JX and really wanted it to work, but its under-powered and relatively poor-handling nature (too imprecise, soft and floaty) made it easy for me to wait. Glad I did.

The MDX is loads quicker, handles much better, regularly exceeds its EPA mpg estimates and has a superior AWD system. The IDS allows you to choose between Sport, normal and comfort suspension modes, so you can have your cake and eat it too. The JX has well-documented reliability issues and will not likely maintain the resale value of the MDX. Weigh all that against the JX's bird's eye view camera, intuitive center stack and lower price, and you have a really comfortable and roomy Infiniti minivan which may be a little cheaper, but it will never be fun to drive, and the cost difference will erode over time through MDX fuel savings and higher resale. Despite the non-intuitive MDX controls, once learned, they're easy. It's just a little annoying to learn them at the start. After all the govt crash tests are through, the MDX may also to prove to be safer in a crash too.

Choosing between the FX37 (Q-whatever now) and the Acura RDX? That's a no-brainer for me, FX all day long. Hope this helped.
  • Can i ask you which dealer in MA you went to? Sounds like you got a great deal. What was the price (Cap Cost before the 2K down)?
  • jgavjgav Posts: 12
    just thought I would post the numbers for a 2014 mdx lease i just signed. i use these forums and find it helpful when people post so hopefully someone can get a better deal.
    2014 MDX AWD, tech package and addition of auto start installed by dealership.
    39 month, 12k miles a year
    totalof 800 out of pocket which includes 1st payment and some fees.
    $587 a month plus was able to get the rubber slush mats included. I am in N.Y. I thought a pretty solid deal.
  • Sure, went to Acura of Peabody and dealt with Michael for a sales guy. Very easy going and has been with the Acura brand for many years. Cap cost was $47,460. MF quoted initially was .00190 but told them my credit rating was high so I got approved for .00170 based on my credit score.
    It's a beautifully equipped vehicle that rides and handles great plus is very quiet with the acoustic glass.
  • Hi could you tell me if you think this is a good deal?
    Here are the lease numbers:

MSRP $49466
    CAP $47597
    MF .00170
    LE $31411

$4217.34 Total due at signing
    $542.09 per month inc. sales tax

36 months / 10k
    Payment inc. side steps
  • I'm not quite sure how the MSRP got to $49,466 as that vehicle is $49,460 or maybe you just mistyped. Cap cost is pretty good, MF indicates a good credit score. LE # based on your term is a little lower than is should be based on 64% residual, it should be $31,654.
    WHat is your cap cost reduction, I'm guessing maybe $2500?

I wouldn't suggest including side steps in your lease payment as your then paying interest on an accessory. That's just me.
    I highly suggest going to Bankrate.com and using the lease payment calculator as it will tell you exactly what your payment should be with and without tax.
  • November 2014 MDX Lease rates 10k/month
    Base residual 64%
    Tech 63%
    Tech + Entertainment 62%
    Advanced 61%

12k/mo subtract 2%
    15k/mo subtract 3%

Top tier credit Money Factor is .0017
    With security deposit or previous Acura Finance transaction MF=.0016
  • Hello, would you mind sharing which dealer? Thx
  • I was given this pricing over the phone. Bought my current Acura from this dealership as well. Let me know what you think.

MSRP: 49460
    Discount: $2085
    Sale Price: $47375
    Residual: 63%
    Money Factor: .00170
    10k miles

Added Accessories:
    Crossbars/roof rail: $1085
    protection package: $360
    sport bumper trim - front - $439
    Rear Bumper Protector - $263.00

Assumed $2000 down payment