Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 3-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Yes I do northwestt. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 328i Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Yes I do yideng23. Waiting probably helped some because BMW introduced $1,000 dealer cash on this car in July.

BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 328i xDrive Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pmrowley. Ah that payment certainly is out of whack. Even at full MSRP, this car would have a 36-month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $707. Very unattractive, but still half of the funny payment that you were quoted.

I used a money factor of .00127 and a residual value of 58% to arrive at this payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • atsor3atsor3 Posts: 10
    edited July 2013
    Car_man, can you tell me the mf and rv for the above 335i sedan, 15k miles a year either 24 or 36 month? Or whether there are better lease terms such as 27 mo or 39 mo?

Also what other incentives such as dealer cash, options rebate, loyalty or conquest...?

Thanks so much.
  • shazi00shazi00 Posts: 13
    edited July 2013
    Hello

I have never leased a car before but I am planning to lease a 428xi when it comes out due to the standard features. The price according to the website is as follows:

428xi = $42,500
    Destination $ Handling = $925
    Heated Seat Option = $500
    Acquisition Fee = $825
    Paper Work + Dealer Fee = $600 (Assumption)
    NY Sales Tax = 8.65%

I am looking at a 36 month lease with minimum 12k miles a year. I know the car isn't available til October 2013 and no residual value or money factor would be available right now but I wanted to have a ball park idea of what i would be paying if the above pricing can be reflected on the current 328xi. Looking at the 328xi with similar options, the invoice prices i see on the internet is almost $1500 - $2000 below the MSRP.

I am willing to drop $4800 maximum on the down payment which would include the fees, first month payment, acquisition fee.

Based on that assumption could someone let me know what would I be expecting to pay per month for this ? I dont want to go above $370 - $380 a month. Is it possible ?

Also would reducing the lease term from 36 months to 24 months with 12k miles a year increase or decrease my monthly/down payment ?

Thank You for your help.
  • alldayleoalldayleo Posts: 11
    I'm looking into pursuing a lease for either a 2013 BMW 335ix But I don't want my monthly payments over $400. How much of a down payment I would have to place, in order for me to get a # like that. Please and thank you.
  • wjkalanawjkalana Posts: 2
    I m looking for 2013 320iX drive, Imperial Blue, Beige leatherette, Walnut burl wood trim, Driver Assistance pkg, Lighting pkg, and Navigation system. MSRP came up to $ 40,525 what would be the best price should I settle in for. (Before I apply BMW drive event discount $1000). And can somebody tell me where I can get the correct invoice price.
  • chadobadochadobado Posts: 3
    Hey Car_man,

I'm starting to talk to dealers about preordering or doing an ED for the new 335i Gran Turismo (xdrive, m-package).

Do you have mf/residuals on this car yet? I'm looking for 12k/yr and 15k/yr rates.

Although we haven't gotten to details yet my dealer mentioned "locking in a rate now" which I take to mean as #'s are available to execute the agreement now before the car is officially launched (as I did when the 335 coupe first came out).. any comment on that?

Thanks a lot!
    Hello

I am trying to do my calculations for a lease on a 328xi and was wondering if you can provide the residual % for 12k and 15k miles a year.

I am guessing the lower the residual value, the higher the monthly payment and down payment.

I am looking for the following:

Fair Purchase Price = $40,675
    12k or 15k miles a year

According to my calculation if the residual is at 65% with 15k miles (I highly doubt this will be correct) i would have to cover the cost $14,235 over the 3 year lease period.

So monthly would be $309 and $3500 down payment ? Is that close ?
  • jackbauerjackbauer Posts: 8
    Hello CarMan :)

Can you provide MF and residuals for a 435xi? 10k miles a month should be more than I need.

Thank you!
  • 1985mb1985mb Posts: 60
    What is the $2,000 rebate?
  • swameeswamee Posts: 32
    edited July 2013
    $1000 build out credit for everyone in July plus the $1000 ultimate drive event that's worth driving a hundred miles for if you don't have one close by. Lost out on both by driving mine off July 1st
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Posts: 308
    I had business in FL and drove 3 1/2 hours to do the drive. Saved me a grand.
    Sure thing atsor3.

BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 335i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 66% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00127 and 60%.

BMW is currently providing $1,000 dealer cash on this car. There's another $500 loyalty cash and the waiver of the first payment for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    I have seen this car's lease program, chadobado.

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value fro a 36-month lease of a 2013 335i Gran Turismo xDrive with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

On an ordered car, you should be able to lock in the lease program that is available now and then choose between it and the one that is available when you physically take delivery, whichever is better.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go shazi00. BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 328xi Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease of this car with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 dealer cash that is currently available on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    HA great username jackbauer. I actually have the first season on DVD, though of course I've never watched it again :).

BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 435xi with 10,000 miles per year are .00127 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • debrawcodebrawco Posts: 4
    Hey CarMan - I need to check some numbers with you.

I was at a dealer on Saturday for the Drive Event and of course ended up talking cars and numbers. Found a car at the port with the specs I was looking for and a couple that I don't really need, but I can deal with the limited overages. I signed papers and now checking numbers. :blush:

I'm always prepared when I'm ready to sit and talk numbers, but I hadn't planned on negotiating on Saturday (originally I didn't think I was going to be in town) and hadn't done any research on cost, options, etc. So now I'm scrambling to deal with during the contract review period.

This is what I have:
    $49,075 - MSRP
    $45,130 - Invoice
    $45,340 - Edmunds TMV
    10K/year
    64% residual
    .00120 - Money Factor

Money factor seems correct based on your prior posts. Is the residual for 10K/year 64% and 12K 63%?

Is the TMV a reasonable price to negotiate for the car or is it realistically a bit higher than that? Range?

Is the current population of rebates a total of $2500:
    $1,000 Build Out Credit
    $1,000 Drive Event
    $500 Loyalty Cash (yes, I'm a serial BMW lessee)

Thx!
  • camainecamaine Posts: 11
    Hi CarMan

I saw that you gave Jackbauer the money factor and residual for the 435i. Do you also have the figures for the 2014 428i? 36 months. 10k miles/year.

Also, I've already placed the order on the car so I'm wondering where my room to negotiate is when the car comes in. Am I stuck with the MSRP or can I get closer to the invoice? Can I lower the money factor by offering multiple deposits?

Finally, what is the $1000 build out credit and how does one qualify for this?

Thanks for answering my questions.
    Appreciate the numbers...any clue if the deals will be better in August ?
  • Hi Car-man

What are the residuals looking like for a 2014 335i xDrive? Also the money factor still .00127?
  • jetfanjetfan Posts: 55
    I am also interested in a new 328xi lease and will be attending the Drive Event this Saturday. Would love to see Carman's response and any advise from others on getting a great deal.
  • guedoguedo Posts: 32
    I am looking to lease a 335 convertible.

What kind of payments should I expect? I went to truecar.com and got the following quote:

MSRP - $59,625
    Truecar - $54,830 (approx 8% discount)

What should I expect? I would like no money out of pocket. I currently have a BMW, so I get an additional $500 discount and we are USAA members, so that gets us another $1,500 rebate.

Thanks in advance!
  • jasonmdbmwjasonmdbmw Posts: 117
    RV is 63% for 428i and yes you can lower the MF by doing multiple security deposits(max is 7). Being its a brand new model and demand is high, its going to be tough to negotiate.

The $1000 build out is only on all 2013 3 Series sedan models
    I'll be going to the Drive Event last week of July. I know theres a 1000$ incentive and $1000 on build out on a 3 series. Does this $2000 go in to the calculation after the negotiated price ?

MSRP is $42375
    Negotiated = $39500

So after all the calculation suppose I have to pay $3500 down. Would this $2000 add to the down making my signing around $1500 or Can i have this added up front and bring the negotiated down from $39500 to $37500 ?

Thanks
  • yes the $2,000 is off of the quoted price. unless they included it already.
  • debrawcodebrawco Posts: 4
    I ended up getting the car below invoice, plus the $1000 Drive event, the $1000 build out cash (expires 7/31), Loyalty Cash of $500 and the Turn Key rebates (2 lease payments). 2013 328xi with a MSRP of $49,075 is costing me $465/mo with no money down (only first lease payment due at signing) for 10K miles, $70/mo less than what I am paying now and getting a car with everything I wanted and a few more options.
  • Hi Debrawco/carman/jetfan

I have a similar situation. BMW 328xi 2013 MSRP 54k approximately 3k out of pocket, build out cash and loyalty and drive event 476 a month. What are the turnkey rebates ? And are we positive that the build out cash will expire 7/31, as everyone I have spoken to seems unsure.

Any opinion on my current quote / 36 months 10k miles lease.

Thanks
    Would you mind sharing your exact numbers?
    I am interested in knowing how the rebates all worked against your Buy price. Also what state did you lease in? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.