Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW Z4 Lease Questions

Comments

• vsaxenavsaxena Posts: 203
    The incentives typically continue.
    But the lease rates for June are incredible. They are basically charging 1-2% interest. Depending on the inventory, the lease rates might not be as good in the future.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 64,880
    The money factor is good for any lease term from at least 24 months to 36 months...

The 24 month residual is 69% for 24 month/30K lease...

The residuals aren't negotiable... they are set by BMWFS for each model/term/mileage and the dealer can't change them.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Yes.. what he said.. ;)

Once they put dealer cash on a vehicle, it typically doesn't go away...

Low money factors and high residuals can definitely come and go, though... If you want a Z4, I wouldn't wait.. (which, now that I've written that, means they will lay bigger incentives on them, right after you've bought one..)

regards,
    kyfdx

• theprodtheprod Posts: 2
    Hey everybody,

Great thread! I'm so glad I came across this as it's very informative.

I just caught wind of this lease deal and am now just started scheduling my test-drives at the local bmw dealerships here in San Diego. I was wondering if anyone's gone through the process recently and has good recommendations or quotes for dealerships in the So-cal area. I'd be willing to drive up to the OC or LA if the deal is right. Feel free to post here or email me if its against the rules or something.

-Prod

Also 1 question for the experts. How did BMWUSA come up with their advertised $329 a month rate ? like what money factors did they use ? & is this a realistic number or is it higher in real life? One of the dealerships around my area are advertising it at $388 and they claim to only have 1 model at that rate. Thanks in advance.
  • I just concluded negotiations & took delivery of a 3.0i for a 24 month lease, 72% residual, .000105 [no security deposit] MF, $625 acquisition fee, at a selling price $4,000 back of sticker [everyone else was 2,000 higher]. Total drives only came to $793.

In February I was quoted payments that were nearly $300 HIGHER, so if you want a Z4 now is probably a good time to pull the trigger :)
  • juanito1juanito1 Posts: 22
    Thanks for all the great info! By accident I came across the incredible lease rates and incentives on the 3.0si and want to get into one. Will probably go with the 30 mth lease w/ 12k/yr and pay the SD's to get the MF down to almost nothing. Question? Is the lease rate still only until the end of the month of June? Any strategy for locking in the great lease rate? Will a deposit before the end of June lock in the rate with SD's to follow post-dated? Will be 1st or 2nd wk of July before i can come up with the whole drive off and 8 SD's. Any idea how much the MF will go up after the end of June?
  • theprodtheprod Posts: 2
    1) What dealership is this if u don't mind me asking?
    2) What were u'r monthly payments including tax ?

-thanks,
    Prod
  • leaze4leaze4 Posts: 9
    KYFDX & others:

I was just quoted $489/mo for a 3.0i Z4 with $710 due at signing (1st mo./tags/registr) for 24mo/24K on a base stick black/black with auto roof. Does this sound like a good deal? Any feedback will be much appreciated, plan to sign tomorrow. Thanks, CLH
    Updated: 440/mo for same car (base z4 stick 24m/24K), any opinions?
    What is the MSRP? Does that payment include tax?

• sloguy99sloguy99 Posts: 4
    Very informative thread, I'm glad I stumbled across it. My question is that I've been exchanging emails with a dealer in Sacramento Ca on a Z4 3.0si The MSRP is 48,870, 36 months, 12K miles per year, 0 down (I expect something at drive off), for $550 month plus tax. Does this sound reasonable? Neither dealer in the area has the car I want (must be manual trans) which should reduce the cost a few bucks.

Thanks for any feedback.

Mac
  • Hi,
    My wife and I are looking at a 24 month lease on a Z4 3.0i in the LA area.
    The gross cap cost is $40,114 which includes $679 for tire guard.
    The adjusted cap cost is showing at $37999, the residual at $27899, the depreciation as $10099 and the rent charge3 as $2293.
    Our down, including 1st month's payment, is $3200 and the monthly is $558.97 inc tax.

Having seen the ads in the media, this is more than we were hoping to pay but did not think it seemed too high.

Any advice as to whether the deal is good, bad or indifferent gratefully received.
    Considering I'm getting quoted a car that is roughly 9k more MSRP than yours and no down for 550 plus tax, reading some of the other deals I dont know. Did you talk to sales or internet. I began dealing with the internet but the gal was out of town so I went to the dealer to get a brochure and the sales guy did a quick quote of $660 inc tax and $1200 drive off for the same car the internet gal quoted me on for $550 plus tax. I havent started hard core dealing yet, but reading the posts a deal of roughly $10 to $11 per thousand gross cap and no down is considered very good the lease gurus will know if that is correct. I tend to like to simplify things. She also quoted a 3.0i for $458 +tax 36 mth/12k yr, $461 +tax 24 mth/12k yr with Power Top and Sport option. No Down on either deal. I will check with the other dealer in the area to see what they can do today. Niether dealer has what I want (3.0si with manual trans) and Fremont is the closest dealer with the car so I dont have as much leverage with the locals. Hope you can work something out

Does anyone have any comments on the Tiptronic trans???

Mac
  • Interested in advertised Z4 lease/30month/329monthly/10,000miles a yr
    Question is, if I need to lease for approx 15,000 miles a yr, how much should
    my lease rate rise...is there a rule of thumb.....what is the math? thanx
    Anything else to consider?
    In this case, the residual will be 3% lower than a 10K/yr lease..

On a $40K car that will add $1200 to your depreciation... For a 30 month loan, about $40/mo. more..

Kyfdx:
    Do you know if these fabulous Z4 lease rates end at the end of the month or will they typically continue?
    I wouldn't hazard a guess on the rates... The factory to dealer cash rarely goes away, but lease incentives can vary a lot...

They put these incentives in place to move cars... Who knows how successful that has been?

If you are wondering if you should wait for maybe a better deal? Absolutely no idea.... The deals are good now.. they may be better or worse next month... No way to know ahead of time...

Sorry...
    kyfdx

I focused on the payment, but edmunds says the MSRP is 37,045. Final offer is 24mo/24K, $629 due at signing (1st mo. payment + tags/registration for 2 yrs) and $429/mo. It includes a 10% tax (DC) per month.
    That actually looks pretty darn good...

Nothing wrong with focusing on the payment, if you are also focusing on your upfront money... After all... you are renting the car by the month..

That sure looks like a cheap way to drive a $37K car for two years...

Congratulations!
    kyfdx

Thanks. I'll take my chances until the end of the holiday weekend. The 9 units on the lot have not moved in two months at both local dealers in my area.
    Thanks for all the information in the thread, it certainly helped as I was dealing with the sales managers, & got me from $495/mo to $429(incl. tax)/mo with no upfront money (24K/24mo). It certainly allowed me to deal from a better position. Thanks again.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey tee7788. What is thie car's full MSRP? This number would be helpful for me because it will show me how much of a discount you are being given and it will enable me to calculate what your lease payment should be using BMW FS' actual lease program. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi dagsz4. Let me begin by saying that you definitely should not put $4,000 down when leasing. Consumers can and should lease any vehicle that they are interested in without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction. If you put thousands of dollars down, you risk losing your money if your car is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. All you have to pay at lease signing are your vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment, BMW FS' $595 acquisition fee, and any required taxes or fees. If you have the money to make a large down payment, you would be better off using it to make multiple security deposits on your lease. BMW Financial Services allows lessees to buy down their vehicles' money factors by making additional deposits. For every extra deposit that you make (up to seven extra), the money factor that is used to reduce your car's payment is reduced by .00007. Making additional deposits is better than making a cap cost reduction because unlike with a down payment you actually get the extra deposits back at lease-end.

You should be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for this car right now no visiting the following discussion: "BMW Z4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" . When negotiating your deal, make sure to take the $1,800 dealer cash that BMW is currently providing on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Welcome theprod. BMW has an outstanding lease program on the Z4 right now. If I could get a roadster, it's tough to fit my entire family in one :cry:, I would strongly consider this car. Its lease program is way better than its competitors' programs, like the Mercedes-Benz SLK or the Nissan 350Z. BMW's lease program for the Z4 is different for the 3.0i and the 3.0si. Furthermore, it varies depending upon low long you lease for and how many miles per year you are allowed to drive. If you were to lease an '06 BMW Z4 3.0i through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00090 and 60%, respectively. Not only is this car's lease program outstanding, but BMW is providing $1,800 dealer cash on it as well. Make sure to take this dealer cash into account when negotiating your car's capitalized cost. With it, you should be able to negotiate a lower selling price than the one that BMW's advertised lease is based upon if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition.

The only problem with the Z4 right now is that most BMW dealers have a surprisingly low level of inventory of them. If you want to take immediate delivery of a Z4, you will have a limited choice of options and colors to choose from. Of course, if you are not in as big a hurry you can always lock in the current lease program and have the dealer order one for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi juanito1. A few days ago BMW extended its fantastic lease program on the Z4 through the end of August! So those of you who are considering picking up a cool roadster can do so at any point this summer ;).

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Welcome aboard Mac. You need to find out the selling price of the car that you want. The selling prices of leased vehicles are always negotiable. It is difficult to tell how good a deal you are getting without knowing this number. Not only will it show how much of a discount the dealer that you are working with is giving you, but it will enable you to estimate what your car's monthly payment should be. If you provide me with this number, I will be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi juanito1. Late last week BMW extended its special lease program on the 2006 Z4 through August 31st.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Congratulations on your new car, leaze4. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Sweet!! Thanks Carman for all the great info. Just got the new job offer and bonus so will be buying mine off the lot next week. Also thanks again for confirming the ability to buy down the MF with extra SD's. I'll go with the zero down with 8 SD's (initial + seven extra).
    Hello Car_man,

The car is a Z4 3.0si MSRP $48,070 (Met Paint, Premium & Sport Pkgs, Xeon Lights, Heated Seats), 12K miles per year, 3 year lease. She automatically set the selling price to Invoice ($43,800), Bank Fee $825, MF .0009, Residual of %59, No Down, which came to $591 including tax, $551 w/o tax. The drive off is $900 (1st payment plus tax and registration). I am located in Sacramento Ca where we have a tax rate of %7.75. Lease guide says it should be about $558 with tax. Is this correct? Any advice would be helpful. My TT lease ends on the 24th and I plan on getting the Z4 on the 17th.

Thanks in advance,

Mac
This discussion has been closed.