Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fusion Lease Questions

1141516171820»

Comments

• dmaz481dmaz481 Posts: 34

I understand that risk. But i think there is more of a risk with me having the money! lol are there any last min tricks the dealers try to pull when u are signing paper work that i should be on the lookout for?

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 76,381

@dmaz481 said:
    I understand that risk. But i think there is more of a risk with me having the money! lol are there any last min tricks the dealers try to pull when u are signing paper work that i should be on the lookout for?

Just double check all the numbers to make sure they match up with what you expect them to be. Take all the time you need.

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

Im still undecided if i should lease or finance. I have good credit and can get zero percent interest for 60 months. What would save me more per month and get me more since i have to pay a money factor with a lease. How do i figure out exactly how much i am paying in cash for the money factor?

@dmaz481 said:
    Im still undecided if i should lease or finance. I have good credit and can get zero percent interest for 60 months. What would save me more per month and get me more since i have to pay a money factor with a lease. How do i figure out exactly how much i am paying in cash for the money factor?

To calculate the Finance Charge portion of a lease, add the capitalized cost (NOT MSRP) and the residual value together, then multiply by the money factor (take the Ford percentage and divide by 2400). That is your "rent charge" for each month - simply multiply that number by the number of payments to get your total interest paid during the lease.

But, any amount you pay will be greater than the $0 for borrowing the money from Ford.

I did that with GM years ago when they offered 0% financing. Nothing beats free money!

But, with a lease you are only paying for that part of the car you are using (36 months); with a purchase, you are buying the whole car. It all depends on how long you plan to keep it.

Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• ashleigh919ashleigh919 New YorkPosts: 49

@[email protected] said:
    I get $285/mo, plus tax for 58% residual on 36mo, 10.5K/yr. Add $10/mo.+tax for 12K/yr.

Thanks, that's about what I calculated, so even if the tax + the financing fee for the tax came out to about $40 a month, I should be at around $325, not $347, because I am doing 12,000 miles. I'd really like to know where the dealer is getting $347, so I guess I'm going to have to be a pain and call again. The acquisition fee of $625 is paid up-front, the $75 doc fee is paid up-front, and the registration, title, and all of that are as well, so it's none of that.

I feel like waiting until May to see if there are better incentives. Has there ever been a really good incentives on leased ford fusions other than a 750 rebate?

@dmaz481 said:
    I feel like waiting until May to see if there are better incentives. Has there ever been a really good incentives on leased ford fusions other than a 750 rebate?

I can't answer that .. incentives change frequently, though Ford tends to keep their lease numbers intact for 3 months at a time.

The Fusion is a popular model for Ford, so there may not be much in the way of incentives beyond what is already available.

Also, be aware that any deal you have negotiated with your dealer may have an expiration date on it; you may not get the same payment in May as what you were quoted in April. It's a bit of a gamble.

@dmaz481 said:

There have been MUCH better incentives than $750. In March, the incentives, depending on what you are eligible for, were around $2,250, plus a first month's payment. I was mad I was getting the runaround from dealers on pricing and missed out on them. Right now, they are $750 plus $1,000 if you are a returning lessee or $1,000 if you have a competitive lease. There is also the $1,000 Ecoboost challenge, but I'm not sure on the qualifications on that.

When I got my 2012 Fusion in May 2012, the incentives were $2,850 for an SEL AWD (same as the Titanium).

If you're lucky, a dealer will let you buy now and take advantage of better incentives, especially if your car is being built like me. I can take advantage of better incentives any time between now and delivery, and even if the incentives change in the month of delivery, I'm golden. So if I take delivery on July 1, and the incentives change July 15, I can still take advantage of them!

What do u mean buy now and then take advantage of better incentives? Like if I sign lease today and next week there are new incentives I can get them? They put it on contract?

They can; it depends on the dealer, and your relationship with the dealer. It also depends on when you take delivery of the car. My car is being built for me, so I'm not taking possession of the car right now. But my dealer said custom orders are now closed for 2014; I was literally the last one.

Has anyone ever negotiated a residual at the end of a lease or had the leasing company make a better offer? I have heard a few instances of this happening, wondering about ford.

@dmaz481 said:
    Has anyone ever negotiated a residual at the end of a lease or had the leasing company make a better offer? I have heard a few instances of this happening, wondering about ford.

Generally, the residual value is fixed; finance companies now purchase insurance in case the actual value is less than the contract residual value.

The one time I bought out a lease (VW) I was offered a promotional finance rate.

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,042

Please continue in our 2014 Ford Fusion Lease Questions discussion.

This discussion has been closed.