Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Honda Pilot Lease Questions

Comments

• Just leased 2012 EX 4WD in NJ. 2200 total down at signing, 3 year 15k, $350/month includes tax. Residual 19000
  • akachyakachy Posts: 1
    Could you tell me Honda Finance's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are
  • I certainly can akachy. Honda Finance's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00039 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I just leased a Pilot EX-L w/ Roof racks. I put 5K out of pocket, payment is $314 a month 36/12 with a residual of $19,200.
  • 2012 pilot lx $30,307...$0 down....12,000 miles

389.00 per month
    17992.00 residual

Good deal?
  • jernicojernico Posts: 1
    Car_man,

Could you tell me Honda Finance's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot Touring 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are. Thank you for your help

Jeremy
  • Sure Jeremy. Honda Finance's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot Touring 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00039 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck make sure to take advantage of the $500 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • gk23gk23 Posts: 1
    I have purchased 2 Honda's within the last 3 years from the same dealership...Assuming excellent credit, what is the best lease payment I can get on a 2012 pilot touring, 2WD with 15K miles/yr?

I got a quote of 420/month but looking at some info it seems I should be paying about 400?

thanks gk
  • pcantorepcantore South FloridaPosts: 110
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please provide the current MF and Residual on a 2012 Pilot EX 2WD for 36 months and 12k miles? I'm in Florida.

Thanks in advance!
  • Sure pcantore. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00039 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Honda is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • pcantorepcantore South FloridaPosts: 110
    Thanks Car man. It's greatly appreciated.
  • sparty22sparty22 Posts: 6
    edited June 2012
    What is the residual and mf on 2012 pilot ex for 15000 miles/year. I got Quoted at 470 w/ zero out of pocket, but doesn't seem reasonable.
  • run214run214 Posts: 3
    Hi,

I'm after the residual and money factor for a 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L (no nav or rear entertainment) in Flagstaff, Arizona for June. Tier 1 credit/12K and 15K miles/36 months.

1st time lease as well. Suggestions? Also, I've heard from several people that putting money down on a lease is silly, that it's like putting money down to lower an apartment rent payment. Thoughts?

Thanks!
  • You're welcome pcantore.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go sparty22. Honda Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX with 15,000 miles per year are .00039 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the information that you're looking for run214. Honda Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX-L with 15,000 miles per year are .00039 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

There's $500 dealer cash on this truck right now.

What you heard about putting money down on a lease is correct. You're much better off going with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • keymosabykeymosaby Posts: 2
    Hello, I just bought a new pilot, when I got home I noticed that they used the price on the bottom of the window sticker as the MSRP to calculate my lease. The way the sticker is done is that the MSRP is listed on Top as $34,570 then the destination and handling charge $810 then the sticker total is 35,380. Can You Please tell me if they should be using $35,380 as the MSRP to calculate the LEASE payment or they are trying to over charge me? I signed the deal on Wednesday, June 20-2012 @2 P.M. In TAMPA, FLORIDA I think I have a 24 hour to correct that. Thank you.
    P.S... If they refuse to correct it where and to whom may I complain.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 128,420
    edited June 2012
    They use the MSRP to calculate the residual amount on the lease (MSRP X residual % = residual amount).. The higher the residual, the less depreciation you pay, and the lower the lease payment.

But that isn't the only calculation that goes into the lease payment. The biggest variable is the selling price of the vehicle. The lower the selling price, the lower the payment.

The bottom number on the sticker is the correct one.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mike630mike630 Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please provide the current MF and Residual on a 2012 Pilot LX and EX 4WD for 36 months and 12,000 miles? I reside in New Jersey.

Thank you for your help!
  • Hi mike630. Honda Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot LX 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00039 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 Pilot EX 4WD are the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • run214run214 Posts: 3
    Thank you so much for the above information.

Is there much of a change between June's figures and those in July?
  • keymosabykeymosaby Posts: 2
    Thank you so much. We really appreciate your help.
    RE: the price that was paid to purchase my 2012 HONDA PILOT EX-L on JUNE 20, 2012; the bottom price on the window sticker (that included $810 for destination and handling) was $35,380.00. Price after negotiation $30,006.40 which is equal to$5373.60 (15.188% off of sticker) of savings off of the sticker price. I paid $6146.39 out of pocket at signing and my TOTAL MONTHLY PAYMENT is $242.00/Month, including rent charge and tax (36 month lease, 15000mile/year).
    I hope this information can help others. Again; Thank you for your help.
    Keymosaby
  • verybeegverybeeg Posts: 19
    i was quoted a Pilot EXL 4WD with Entertainment (no NAV) by 2 dealers with same cap cost, same MF of 0.0039, but one quoted 53% residual while another 54%. Both quoted me the price of vehicle with destination charges factored in.

What is the actual MSRP on this car assuming no other accessories?

This is from 2 dealers in PA. thanks.
    Would you think a monthly payment of 419 is reasonable for 15k 4wd ex with no money out of pocket?
    Why would you put so much down out of pocket on a lease? I've read you should never put more than 500 down on a lease.
  • verybeegverybeeg Posts: 19
    A deal told me that the MF for Sign and Drive is 0.00029, whereas with down payment, the MF is .00039. Is that correct that Honda gives us a better MF without a down payment? Is there any catch?
  • joja15joja15 Posts: 1
    Hi CarMan, I am looking to lease a car in the next 48 hours and was wondering if you could provide me the current money factor and residual for a 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L 2WD with Nav and 2012 Honda Pilot 2WD Touring. I am looking for a 24 month lease with 15k miles a year.

Also if anyone else has feedback on what a reasonable selling price is for the above vehicles I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    John
  • summer31summer31 Posts: 3
    Dear Car Man,

My husband and I signed the paperwork for a 2012 Pilot EXL lease and we put $500 down as a deposit. We're supposed to pick it up next week but once we were home we did a bit of research and found out we really didnt' get such a good deal. $440 per month with $1500 down for 36 months, 12k miles per year. Are we stuck or can we still back out at this point and maybe get our deposit back?
  • sveomasveoma Posts: 4
    I can get a deal $380 plus tax for EX-L with 0 down with 1st month , DMV fees and a bank fee.( about $1400 )
  • sveomasveoma Posts: 4
    i just ran some numbers and it does makes seance if you are in NY .
    xs leasing in New York