Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Land Rover Range Rover Sport Lease Questions

Comments

• falakfalak Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    hey carman and fellow members
    im looking to get a new RRS and recently have been quoted the following

RRS HSE LUX with premium audio, sattelite radio, ebony headliner, black trim, and differential
    MSRP 68495
    INVOICE 63107
    36/mo lease 12k miles 0.00177 MF

the dealer is giving me 2500-3000 off the sticker. the final quoted payment comes out to be $1130 including tax with just $1700 drive off (im not sure what that consists of). they also offered a 48 month deal with tax included payment of $1040 with same drive off. how is this deal? can someone shed some light to this? the dealer did say that their absolute best offer would be 4k off the sticker and thats it no more. another thing to keep in mind is that i'd rather not purchase the headliner, black trim, and differential which combined saves me $1250 on the sticker but we just did a some number crunching on a model they had on the lot. they didnt have my prefered build on the lot and the dealer was unwilling to special order one.

in my opinion this car can be had at invoice since the bigger RR will be redesigning soon making the sport look a bit outdated even though they might not be the same vehicles, they are twins afterall. when i do my own calculations, a RRS LUX with just premium audio and satelite of $67245 MSRP sold at invoice of $61970 for a 36/mo 12k miles should come out to a payment in the low 900s including tax. am i right or wrong? thanks guys
  • mi7mi7 Posts: 31
    Hi guys,

Please help me out. I'm in SoCal and tried working with a dealer in north CA and was told they don't lease outside of the dealer's region? What the heck? Since when?

Also I got the following offer, please let me know if this is a decent deal :

2012 HSE base MRSP 62k
    Lease is for 48 months @ 10k miles per year
    $1,500 drive off
    $830/ month (tax included)

I think selling price is $57k
  • awf_axisawf_axis Posts: 136
    I've been leasing vehicles since the early nineties. You'll always find someone who will say they've done better, but when it comes to my best negotiations, I would say (opinion) this deal you have isn't bad.

We just let go of an Audi Q5 with a 36 mo lse, where we were paying $765/mo (California). It had a $1200 drive off. Neg price was $42 before tax.

I purchased our '11 RRS, and it had payments over a $1k mo.
    thanks i was thinking selling price is decent if i were to purchase but as far as lease, the monthly payment is a bit high for 48 months, granted im not putting down 5k
  • camy2079camy2079 Posts: 8
    Anyone know the lease rates for July 12 on a RRS HSE. I'm told 56/.00194 for a 36yr/10k.

Thanks
  • Hey camy2079. Chase's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Range Rover Sport HSE with 10,000 miles per year are .00194 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Need to run this deal by you:

2013 RRS HSE with MSRP of 63595.

Selling to me at 62057 AND includes absorbing my last 3 BMW payments of $2080 total.

$5000 total drive off includes cap reduction and first months payment.

12K miles/year and 36 months

Payment is $908 month including sales tax of 8.25% ($840/net)

this was emailed so I don't know the MF yet but I believe it's a 59% residual through US Bank.

I was thinking it was too high but now after researching I think it's a good price.

Thoughts?
    Hi car man, can you please provide august buy rate and residual value for Chase on a 10k @ 36 months and 10k at 48months on a 2012? Thank u...
  • jps1010jps1010 Posts: 15
    Hi Car_man,

When you get a chance can you please let me know what the money factors and residuals are for the 2012 Ranger Rover Sport? I am looking at 12K miles per year and 36 months.

I would like to get it but only want to do so when the numbers make the most sense.

Thanks again.
  • donchardonchar Posts: 40
    RRSSC MF are at 0.00328 for 2013s compared to 0.177 for 2012s?

can Carman confirm? seems incredibly high. Residuals are 59% for 10K which seems to offset but still the MF seems steep.
  • Hi delidude65. It looks to me as though you're probably at around $1,700 or so over dealer invoice after taking your remaining payments into account. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the '13 Range Rover Sport right now, but there is some room to play with there. Have you tried comparison shopping at all?

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi mi7. Chase's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Range Rover Sport HSE with 10,000 miles per year are .00119 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00140 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan@Edmunds[email protected] Posts: 38,515
    edited August 2012
    Hi jps1010. Please see my previous posts for the information that you're looking for.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% lower than the 10,000 mile per year residual value.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi donchar. Those numbers are actually about right. As you can see, Land Rover really is not providing any lease support on the 2013 model yet.

Car_man
    Host
  • mibnymibny Posts: 14
    Its amazing how early Land rover came out with their RRS 2013. It was really late in the year when they showed their 2012. But of course we know that the 2014 RRS will be redesigned so thats why they pushed their 2013 early and trying to get rid of their 2012's
  • Hi Carman and fellow members,

I am looking to get a 2013 RRS HSE Lux and am interested in a lease. I would like to know what the money factor and residuals are on both a 24 month 12k/year & 36 month 12k/year lease. I would also like to know how much I could expect to get off MSRP on a "fair", "good" and "amazing" deal on this vehicle.

The 2013 RRS HSE LUX I am looking at has Premium audio with satellite radio, vision assist, rear seat entertainment, ebony headliner and Tan Oxford interior leather with Ivory headlining.

MSRP $70,945

Thank you!

p.s. - I am located in the Northeast Market
  • Greetings irishladdy. Chase's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Range Rover Sport HSE LUX with 12,000 miles per year are .00232 and 67%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for n otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00271 and 58%.

I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the '13 Range Rover Sport right now, but if I was in the market for one, I'd probably shoot for $1,000 or so over invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • mralburymralbury Posts: 6
    edited October 2012
    I'm interested in leasing the 2013 RRS Super Charged. This will be the first lease that I've negotiated so I'm unsure how best to go about everything.

The MSRP is $78,945 (SC w/ black lacquer trim, vision assist package, and audio package.) I haven't negotiated with the dealer yet so if someone could point me in the direction of another thread/forum/website that could give me some help, I'd appreciate it.

Also, I've seen the money factor and residual value mentioned, and was wondering what October's rates would be for a 24 months/10k and 30 months/10K would be. I'm located in the Boston metro area.

Thanks for your help!
  • Hi Car_man,

Could you help with the following lease information?:

MF and residuals for Range Rover Sport Supercharged: 24 mos/10K and 30 mos/10k

If you could also provide the MF and residual for the HSE Lux for the same terms I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for your help!
  • vascovasco Posts: 18
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS DEAL?
    Vehicle Price: $63,995.00
    Market Savings: - $2,575.00
    SmartChoice Price: $61,420.00

Sales Tax (estimate): + $4,767.69
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $8.75
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $470.00
    Other: + $29.00
    Flat Add/County Fee: + $10.00
    Electronic Filing: + $18.60
    Smog Abatement Fee: + $20.00
    Documentation Fee: + $80.00
    Balance Due (estimate): $66,824.04
    No Trade-In
    LEASE OPTIONS
    Cash Due 48 months
    12,000 Miles
    $1,500 $812
    $2,500 $789
    $4,000 $755
  • Hello - Can you tell me Chase's lease rates please (MONEY FACTOR/RESIDUAL) for October 2012 for tier one credit for:

48 months, 10k miles
    36 months, 10k miles

My fico is 780. I am trying to negotiate this deal TODAY. Please help! :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

-Kim
  • CarMan:

I just wanted to post the deal I just got from Mission Viejo Land Rover in California. It's pretty sweet, so I wanted to let you know that you CAN get these guys down! They have a 9% profit margin on these cars. If you go to TRUECAR.com you can configure the car, and see what others are paying for it in the area....it also shows you the DEALER INVOICE. One thing I learned is always negotiate up from the dealer invoice, not down from the MSRP.

Al Hearn's LEASE GUIDE (online) was my lifesaver in these negotiations!! I highly recommend it!Search for "Lease Guide" to find it on GOogle.

Here are the details of the deal I got:

MSRP $67,695
    DriveOff $0
    Downpayment $0
    Residual 50%
    Money Factor .00142
    Term 48 months
    Mileage 12k/year
    Monthly Payment - $895

I thought this was good but I was curious if anyone has done better?

Cheers,
    Kim
  • vascovasco Posts: 18
    Hi Kim,

I am on the same boat and I think I have a better deal but can not get Carman to respond:
    Here are the details of the deal I got:
    2013 Sport HSE with CC Package
    MSRP $63995
    DriveOff $2500, tax, title, reg, and little down payment (not sure how you have a 0 drive off)
    Downpayment $0
    Residual 52%
    Money Factor .00164
    Term 48 months
    Mileage 12k/year
    Monthly Payment - $765 includes tax

Carman your help is needed :)
  • ffm1ffm1 Posts: 4
    Hi - can anyone please explain to me why different dealerships give us different residual values and money factors for exactly the same car (2013 Range Rover Sport HSE) for someone with excellent credit? Today, I was quoted by two different dealerships just outside of Philadelphia, PA, the following numbers for 36 months lease and 10,000 miles per year?

1) Residual value of 61% with a money factor of 0.00147.
    2) Residual value of 59% with a money factor of 00133.

Thank you.
  • awf_axisawf_axis Posts: 136
    The "buy rates" are what the dealer is able to get. If they get you to sign a deal with higher money factor, or lower residual, it is a boost to their profit on the deal.

Time to negotiate. You probably will find that a better lease rate is given for less of a discount from "sticker", and vice-versa.
  • Can anyone give me the latest money factor and residual value for a 2013 Range Rover Sport HSE w/ Climate Comfort package and rear entertainment? This would be a 36 month lease w/ 15K miles per year.
  • .00160. 54% residual.

I am working on a lease now for a new RRS.

24 month is:

.00267 and 61%
  • capitalst1capitalst1 Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Does anyone know what the money factor and residual value is on a 2013 Range Rover Sport LUX for 36 month and 10k yearly? I was told its 57% 0.00133 for November. He told me it was 59% in October and now its 57% this month. If you know December's that would be even more helpful.

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'm in Chicago is there any cash incentives on these 2013 RRS right now?
  • Just executed this lease on a RRS with CCP:

36 Months

12,000 miles

MSRP: $63,895

Residual: 58%

Money Factor: .00147

No Cap Cost Reduction

Lease Payment: $810

Thoughts?
  • Hey Car Man,

Do you know the January money factor and residual for the sport through Chase and/or US bank? Was able to work a ridiculously good deal last month but didn't pull the trigger on it. Looking to work on a deal for this month or middle of Feb at the latest.
    Terms are for 36mths and 15k miles on the Sport HSE.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.