Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Volkswagen Atlas Lease Deals and Prices

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
edited September 2017 in Volkswagen
This is where to ask your 2018 Atlas lease questions! Get info about prices, money factor, deals, incentives, and payments.

Check out 2018 Volkswagen Atlas here.

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• 13_f15013_f150 Member Posts: 134
    36/12 (or best term)
    SE and SE TECH package if different
    Zip code 33461

Thank You
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
    13_f150 said:

36/12 (or best term)
    SE and SE TECH package if different
    Zip code 33461

Thank You

Probably won't have the numbers until June.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• 13_f15013_f150 Member Posts: 134
    Ok thank you. Saw the thread, thought I'd ask.
  • mustang24fanmustang24fan Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2017
    I got some prelim information from a dealer in SoCal yesterday. Atlas SEL premium 12k miles/year, 36 months lease. Moneyy factor 0.002 (seems really high), residual at 59%, for an MSRP of $49,965.

I got some prelim information from a dealer in SoCal yesterday. Atlas SEL premium 12k miles/year, 36 months lease. Moneyy factor 0.002 (seems really high), residual at 59%, for an MSRP of $49,965.

Thanks for sharing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• white59rtwhite59rt Member Posts: 17
    So you guys made me register to share this LOL!!! I just talked with Roseville VW (Northern CA near Sacramento). They quoted me "a lease special" 379 a month before taxes for an Atlas SE w/ tech with 3000 down. I am assuming it was a FWD with msrp of 37090. I asked for the RV and MF and the sales lady told me .0016 and 62%. I built a calculator in google drive that seems to be pretty close so I entered what she gave me and came up with 408/month including tax. Not sure where the 3000 down was or would be applied.

I just started learning leases like a week ago so forgive my noob status but from my research so far that is a TERRIBLE MF for a VW, typically they are quadruple 0 or better on most models? It came up to a 93 dollar rent charge vs. some as low as 1.50 on other models :( .... they must be anticipating to move the first lot of them without much effort?

Todd
    white59rt said:

So you guys made me register to share this LOL!!! I just talked with Roseville VW (Northern CA near Sacramento). They quoted me "a lease special" 379 a month before taxes for an Atlas SE w/ tech with 3000 down. I am assuming it was a FWD with msrp of 37090. I asked for the RV and MF and the sales lady told me .0016 and 62%. I built a calculator in google drive that seems to be pretty close so I entered what she gave me and came up with 408/month including tax. Not sure where the 3000 down was or would be applied.

I just started learning leases like a week ago so forgive my noob status but from my research so far that is a TERRIBLE MF for a VW, typically they are quadruple 0 or better on most models? It came up to a 93 dollar rent charge vs. some as low as 1.50 on other models :( .... they must be anticipating to move the first lot of them without much effort?

Todd

Brand new model.. Just hit the lots.. lots of interest.

None of that sounds like it's going to be cheap.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yup. I have till August to pull the trigger, but it sounds like I might just buy vs lease with these MFs
  • white59rtwhite59rt Member Posts: 17
    I went back last night and test drove and that 379 didnt include the rent or tax. I recalculated on the 37090 MSRP rig and it came out to 512 a month with taxes including 3000 cash down. The dealer wants to mark up from MSRP as well but they may do a deal at MSRP with GSM approval. The rig is ok but wife was not wowed. And the bottom line is they lease terrible, it in fact is cheaper monthly to buy than lease it looks like.

Good luck to all you atlas searchers :)

Todd
  • dr_vannostrumdr_vannostrum Member Posts: 48
    The lease will be terrible at first for many reasons. One is they don't know the correct residual so they are making a wild guess. To compensate they are not giving a great MF.  Also it's new so right now they would rather sell or finance than subsidize leases. 

Im hoping things settle down by December as my Touareg lease is up February and a lease with 1.5% or better interest is in place by then. Let's hope the residual isn't low though. 
    edited May 2017
    Dealers may also be doing the slimy new model bait and switch. To be clear, the VW captive lease is for the LAUNCH EDITION at $339 with $3299 down including first payment and acquisition. That's a .61 residual on $34425 including destination of $21000. Without knowing the actual capitalized cost (not stated in VW lease information, thanks VW) we don't know the extent of the dealer contribution so we can't know money factor simply by calculating. 

But my guess is the high MF people are seeing are from the dealer marking it up for profit. Doing so basic calls here I got an implicit interest rate somewhere between 2.4% (0.0010) with no dealer contribution to price reduction, to 3.6% (0.0015) with 3% dealer contribution ($1000), to 4.8% (0.0020) with 5.5% dealer contribution ($1900). I doubt the 5.5% is the amount, more likely somewhere between $1000 and $0 dealer contribution. 

The launch is is similar to SE so residual is probably going to be 0.61 and 0.62 for AWD for the SE.

white59rt said:

Todd

Not sure if first month is included or if your price includes destination but assuming first month is not included and your price above includes destination using the residual and money factor quoted I get a dealer contribution of $750.

rent charges of $1.50 are on blowout models where the minimum MF is applied 0.00001 and where they have to do it because residuals are low (Jetta sometimes). You won't see this on the Atlas or any new model. We got that MF on my sisters 2016.5 CX-5 last month because Mazda was trying to unload them with the 2017 arriving on the lot. Also got a near 10% dealer contribution. Good luck with that on a new model too. 
    edited May 2017
    Got some more info today:
    2017 Atlas SEL Premium

Lease
    36 mos / 12k yr
    Money Factor: 0.00160 (based on A+tier credit)
    Residual: 61% (based on 12k yr)

$3850 total down (covers down pmt / all fees / 1st pmt)
    approx: $616 + tax (oac)

-or-

Lease
    48 mos / 12k yr
    Money Factor: 0.00210 (based on A+tier credit)
    Residual: 54% (based on 12k yr)

approx: $597 + tax (oac)
    Thanks for the info. I'd wait until Fall.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

Thanks for the info. I'd wait until Fall.

Unfortunately I have to get it by no later than early August
  • kar_freakkar_freak Member Posts: 148

Got some more info today:
    2017 Atlas SEL Premium

Lease
    36 mos / 12k yr
    Money Factor: 0.00160 (based on A+tier credit)
    Residual: 61% (based on 12k yr)

approx: $616 + tax (oac)

-or-

Lease
    48 mos / 12k yr
    Money Factor: 0.00210 (based on A+tier credit)
    Residual: 54% (based on 12k yr)

approx: $597 + tax (oac)

I'd rather look into the Audi Q7 in that range.
  • daved13daved13 Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2017
    My offer on a 2017 Atlas SEL Premium yesterday in San Antonio. Forgive me if the numbers are a bit off with the Texas tax credit.

Lease 36 Mos/ 12K yr
    Money Factor: 0.00250 w/A+ credit
    Residual: 61%

$500 Military offer
    $1,113 Trade
    $2,000 Down
    Approx. $1,500 Texas trade in tax credit

$660 /month
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,916
    daved13 said:

My offer on a 2017 Atlast SEL Premium yesterday in San Antonio. Forgive me if the numbers are a bit off with the Texas tax credit.

Lease 36 Mos/ 12K yr
    Money Factor: 0.00250 w/A+ credit
    Residual: 61%

$500 Military offer
    $1,113 Trade
    $2,000 Down
    Approx. $1,500 Texas trade in tax credit

$660 /month

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Oh, we didn't take it.
    daved13 said:

Oh, we didn't take it.

Whoops, my bad.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

daved13 said:

Oh, we didn't take it.

What was the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

$49,965 (with destination).
    New Atlas lease numbers:

36/15:

FWD: .00160 MF and 59% residual
    AWD: .00200 MF and 61% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

That's funny. The residual went up (same residual as 12k miles), but the money factor got worse.
    Do you happen to have the new numbers for 36/12...just to compare? Curious if they are making up differences in MY rather than residual, which would not make much sense, but what does these days. 
    And as to a previous poster, yes, a Q7 is in the same range at these numbers, which alone is insane. 

That's funny. The residual went up (same residual as 12k miles), but the money factor got worse.
    Do you happen to have the new numbers for 36/12...just to compare? Curious if they are making up differences in MY rather than residual, which would not make much sense, but what does these days. 
    And as to a previous poster, yes, a Q7 is in the same range at these numbers, which alone is insane. 

Same MF, add 2% to the 15K residual.

And, residual is fixed by the bank - dealer cannot modify them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• brandon187brandon187 Member Posts: 5
    Are the numbers above the same for the SEL trim?

Are the numbers above the same for the SEL trim?

Trim has no effect. Either FWD or AWD.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

3 dealerships quoted me .00350 MF in Texas yesterday. SEL Premium, 36/12k AWD.
    daved13 said:

Ouch!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

daved13 said:

Taking advantage of those who want to be first on the block

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Michaell said:

Can I confirm that a SEL Premium(AWD) at 36/12 should be .00200 MF and now 63% ?
    daved13 said:

Michaell said:

Can I confirm that a SEL Premium(AWD) at 36/12 should be .00200 MF and now 63% ?
    Correct... for all AWD models

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tinflyertinflyer Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2017
    I was offered a 2018 Atlas SEL Premium yesterday.

Lease 48 Mos/ 12K yr
    Money Factor: 0.00232 w/ credit score > 720.
    Residual: 56%
    L&M Texas Tax Credit @ 1.25% with the stipulation I buy term care Select @ $600.
    Doc fee, license, title, inspection, acq fee $962.
    $634 /month
    1st month payment due at drive off.

If anyone has more info on the Texas L&M Tax Credits I appreciate any info you can offer.
    What I know is what the dealer told me. They said it is a credit they get from the lease turn-ins since the state will tax on the full selling price. They are responsible for paying the 6.25% state tax but they use credits to offset the steep tax bill and charge me 1.25% instead of 6.25%.
    Thank you.
    tinflyer said:

Lease 48 Mos/ 12K yr
    L&M Texas Tax Credit @ 1.25% with the stipulation I buy term care Select @ $600.
    $634 /month

If anyone has more info on the Texas L&M Tax Credits I appreciate any info you can offer.
    What I know is what the dealer told me. They said it is a credit they get from the lease turn-ins since the state will tax on the full selling price. They are responsible for paying the 6.25% state tax but they use credits to offset the steep tax bill and charge me 1.25% instead of 6.25%.
    Thank you.

The dealer did a good job of explaining the tax credit. It saves you 80% of the sales tax amount, which is considerable.

I confirm the money factor and residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you. The high money factor scared me off. Like you have been saying I may wait until September to see what the deal is then. I would think the new model frenzy should cool off some.
    Does the Fed rate hike that was announced on Wednesday affect money factors?
    tinflyer said:

Thank you. The high money factor scared me off. Like you have been saying I may wait until September to see what the deal is then. I would think the new model frenzy should cool off some.
    Does the Fed rate hike that was announced on Wednesday affect money factors?

It shouldn't ... MF is driven primarily by market forces, not Fed actions.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I'll just say that this is the 3rd rate hike in the last 7 months, so at some point, it does start to affect short term interest rates on installment debt. But, it sure isn't step by step.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

tinflyer said:

Lease 48 Mos/ 12K yr
    $634 /month

Thank you.

What was the final sales price on the car? In the market for the premium as well, but inventory is very low. Have one dealer who said he would custom order at invoice for me. But that is three months, and I need the car by mid August
    $47,617
  • kyliebradyappakyliebradyappa Member Posts: 41
    Can you please provide MF and RV on a SE w/Tech for 36/12 in SoCal? Also, does VW offer greater than 36 months? If so, can you please provide 48/12? Thank you!!!

Can you please provide MF and RV on a SE w/Tech for 36/12 in SoCal? Also, does VW offer greater than 36 months? If so, can you please provide 48/12? Thank you!!!

FWD or AWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kyliebradyappakyliebradyappa Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2017
    Sorry, FWD

Sorry, FWD

.00160 MF and 61% residual.
    .00210 MF and 54% residual for 48/12.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Can I please get the lease numbers for Southern Cali (I guess they vary from Texas).
    SEL Premium
    48 months / 12k miles
    36 months / 12k miles
    tinflyer said:

$47,617

Thanks, I currently have an offer for $46,750. Did yours include any factory incentives?

• caltmancaltman Member Posts: 240
    May I have MF and residuals for SEL Premium AWD in MN for 10k+12k/24mo and 10k+12k/36mo please?

Did yours include any factory incentives?

No, I have not seen any incentives in Texas. 
    I am waiting on a Golden Oak interior to show up before I do a final negotiation. 
    I do have a VWOA Friends and Family Certificate good for $500 below invoice but that only seems to be getting in the way as I am seeing better deals being negotiated. 
    caltman said:

May I have MF and residuals for SEL Premium AWD in MN for 10k+12k/24mo and 10k+12k/36mo please?

.00200 MF and 64%/63% residual for 36 months
    .00200 MF and 71%/70% residual for 24 months

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited June 2017

Thanks, I currently have an offer for $46,750. Did yours include any factory incentives?

I have included the $925 destination.
    MSRP is $49,985 due to factory adds like cargo blocks, net, first aid kit, etc... (bunch of stuff nobody needs).
    Do you have destination fee and factory adds?
    Thank you.

Kyfdx or Michaell,
    Is .002 MF good for Texas as well. I have been quoted .00232 and that is a no go for me. I would accept. 002.
    I am waiting on a SEL Premium AWD at 48 months. Can you tell me what residual is for 12/15k?
    Thank you for your help!
    edited June 2017
    tinflyer said:

MSRP is $49,985 due to factory adds like cargo blocks, net, first aid kit, etc... (bunch of stuff nobody needs).
    Thank you.

Kyfdx or Michaell,
    Is .002 MF good for Texas as well. I have been quoted .00232 and that is a no go for me. I would accept. 002.
    I am waiting on a SEL Premium AWD at 48 months. Can you tell me what residual is for 12/15k?
    Thank you for your help!
    So far as we know, the numbers are national.

.00232 is the base MF for any lease term between 37 and 48 months.

48/15 residual is 54%; add 2% for 12K

.00200 is for leases 12-36 months long.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

tinflyer said:

Thank you.

Kyfdx or Michaell,
    Thank you for your help!

I had the cargo blocks included in my Touareg. I actually find them very useful. I would expect with a cavernous cargo area like the aatlas, even more so. Keeps things from rolling around, groceries don't fall over, etc.