Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.

Price to update navigation map?

hecarahecara Posts: 45
edited June 2017 in Acura
Hi all,
I received an email about updating my navigation map on my 2015 MDX. The price offered is $99. Is that a good price or do they send an email offering a lower price?

Thanks!

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 8,995
    edited June 2017
    $99 is what I'm seeing at sites like the Acura Navigation Center
    So that seems a typical price to me.
    Not sure whether you'll get a lower offer or not. In-car nav system updates always seem pricey to me since the $99 TomTom we use came with lifetime free updates.

Edmunds Moderator

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

Meet your fellow owners and discuss your vehicles in our Owners Clubs

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Why don't you go to their CHAT LINE and see if you can wrangle a few more bucks out of them?
  • hecarahecara Posts: 45

PF_Flyer said:

$99 is what I'm seeing at sites like the Acura Navigation Center
    So that seems a typical price to me.
    Not sure whether you'll get a lower offer or not. In-car nav system updates always seem pricey to me since the $99 TomTom we use came with lifetime free updates.

Do you know if there's has a lifetime free update? I'd do that for sure. I didn't see it in the fine print though.  
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 8,995
    edited June 2017
    Since they're selling map updates, and you didn't see it in the fine print, I doubt that they offer updates for free. You can give Mr_Shiftright's suggestion of giving their chat line a shot. All they can do is say no, right?

An in-dash nav system is nice, but keeping it updated seems costly when you can buy a new GPS with lifetime updates for the same cost as one update. My TomTom updates using my laptop like every 6 to 8 weeks or so.

Edmunds Moderator

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

Meet your fellow owners and discuss your vehicles in our Owners Clubs