Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Easy Subwoofer Upgrades Add More Bass to Your Car Stereo - Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2017 in Editorial
imageEasy Subwoofer Upgrades Add More Bass to Your Car Stereo - Edmunds.com

Stock stereo systems have improved, but most still lack good low end. An easy aftermarket subwoofer upgrade can add much-needed bass.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bluzjambluzjam Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE. It has a factory installed "270 watt" JBL system with an "eight inch" subwoofer with dual 2 ohm voice coils installed in a plastic enclosure behind the back seat. The surround separated from the cone. I am replacing it with a Pioneer TS-SW2002D2. I had to make an adapter ring so that it will fit the enclosure. Since the factory connectors don't "plug in" to the Pioneer, I have to clip them off and connect the wires direct. I haven't been able to find any information as per the impedance specs of the original speaker or the stereo (the one with 6-disc changer, cassette, and Sat). How do I determine which of the enclosure's wires are positive and negative and how do I wire the speaker to the enclosure to ensure that I don't drop the impedance and destroy the factory amp?