Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

C6 Corvette vs 987 Boxster

2»

Comments

• majormcfmajormcf Posts: 20
    Not sure what year model those weight figures were from, I cut and pasted them from an article. I know some wheel packages are lighter and there is a difference in wieght on the boxster exhaust as well as the 5 speed vs 6 speed manual. I may just put my car on a scale at a truck stop just because I am curious. My car has the 2.1 PCM entertainment package and I am sure that adds some weight.

I think the fastest time I ever found was the Solara at 6.9 seconds. There are loads of cars out there that are faster than the boxster to 60. Here is a website that has alot of times and cost of ownership ect ect.

http://www.performancecarnews.com/Fastest-Cars-0-60.asp?Process=ShowTable

My S600 does 0-60 in 4.5 seconds and that beats most cars on the street. If I really cared about stop light wars I could drop a renntech kit on it and it would beat anything near me. I have an 03 model which is about the same as this 04 except that this one has the renntech mod. I got in on ebay last year with 13K miles for only a couple grand more than I paid for my porsche and it stickered for 160K, was an exec car from MB and has every single factory option.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Benz-S600-Timeslip-8523.html
  • dtownmildtownmil Posts: 23
    This post is humorous. We all know that a vette will beat a Boxster in a staight line. I certainly didn't buy my Boxster to beat ANYTHING in a straight line. I just like the way it drives, looks, and sounds. I love the effeciency of it. I love that in ten, twenty years, it won't look extremely dated.

Honestly, I didn't even compare vettes at all. I've never seen myself in one. I'm sure the later models are awesome cars. There will always be conflicting opinions about European cars vs. American cars.

I personally own a Boxster, an Expolorer and an Altima. They are all good in their own way. The Porsche can't pull my boat or go thru the snow very well, and only the Altima gets over 30 MPG on the highway loaded with 4 adults and luggage with the AC on. :shades:
  • Does anyone know Boxster's front overhang? Before I run and buy one, I want to know if the car's front lower lip would scrap my steep driveway. I googled and could not fin the number anywhere.
This discussion has been closed.