Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a small/crossover SUV? A reporter would like to talk to you about why you chose one over a smaller car or larger SUV.; please reach out to [email protected] today for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Biodiesel/WVO in HD diesel pickups

2»

Comments

• roland3roland3 Posts: 431
    ... Jim, when I first heard about this device about six months back (without much detail) I thought they were just trying to supplement fuel by breaking down the water; however their claim is that the small amount of hydrogen excites and gives the Diesel fuel a better burn. Well I'd like a grant to do a study and of course I want a synthetic sapphire window in a combustion chamber.
  • jim314jim314 Posts: 491
    The percent H2 is probably 21% to 50% of the total rather than of the hydrocarbon fuel.
  • vlanevlane Posts: 8
    I'm in California and suffering from high gas prices. In my business we use diesel trucks to haul equipment and I have been told to look into Veg Oil conversion for lower fuel costs and better vehicle performance. If all of this is true who should I talk to in California? :confuse: What says you?
  • jim314jim314 Posts: 491
    Veg oil conversion would have a significant up-front cost (extra tank for the oil, valving to start and stop with diesel in the fuel system), would violate the vehicle warranty, would be a maintenance burden, and still have costs for the veg oil. Veg oil conversion is for enthusiasts only.
  • Hi, I have a question about a 1986 Dodge daytona, 4cyl, turbo.

A friend of mine need a new alternator put into her daytona, i was just wondering if anyone knows the location of it. I have not looked at the vehicle yet, just wanting to know location for charge rate.
2»
This discussion has been closed.