2018 Honda Accord Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• hybrid_drivehybrid_drive Member Posts: 9
    Hi there!
    I am located in Long Island, NY and am looking at the 2018 Accord EX-L (to buy or purchase). I emailed a few Honda dealerships and in particular received the attached. Unfortunately, since it took time for Honda to release the '18 Accords, I will have to act fairly quickly (to return an extended lease due this month).

With your expertise Michaell, could you tell me what you think of the figures that were given me. Also, while I can come up with a monthly loan payment, I am having difficulty calculating even a rough monthly figure for a 36/12 lease with no out of pocket. Help please? I am grateful for your time and experience.

Warm regards,
    Kim

:
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 238,046

Hi there!
    I am located in Long Island, NY and am looking at the 2018 Accord EX-L (to buy or purchase). I emailed a few Honda dealerships and in particular received the attached. Unfortunately, since it took time for Honda to release the '18 Accords, I will have to act fairly quickly (to return an extended lease due this month).

With your expertise Michaell, could you tell me what you think of the figures that were given me. Also, while I can come up with a monthly loan payment, I am having difficulty calculating even a rough monthly figure for a 36/12 lease with no out of pocket. Help please? I am grateful for your time and experience.

Warm regards,
    Kim

:

This is a purchase quote. The sales tax figure will be different for a lease, and we will also have to add a $595 acquisition fee.

.00200 and 58% are the lease figures for the EX-L 36/12

Using the MSRP and the price quote above, I get $336/mo before taxes and fees are accounted for.

Add another $45-50/mo if you want to add the fees and taxes into the monthly payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• hybrid_drivehybrid_drive Member Posts: 9
    Michaell,

Thank you for your time and info. I appreciate it. 

Last night I went into a dealer who thought the price quote I received had to have been for a 2017 and that if the dealer who offered it stuck to his word then I should lease it immediately (he said they couldn't match it). The price was that good. 

So, I then went to the dealer who sent me this price quote above and he said it was completely accurate and that it includes the destination charge within the quote. Sounds good so far. Then he proceeds to tell me that Honda Financial who I always lease from has a terrible rate and that it will cost me approximately $445 per month at a rate of 3.5.

I have leased Hondas for the last 20 years and have never experienced this. Does this seem correct to you? I am floored and will end up with a different manufacturer if this is what HF'S is doing to their loyal customers. Oh and I had extended my current lease for a year-and-a-half waiting for this car so I have no more time to wait for rates to be reduced. 

Consider me frustrated and annoyed. Insight? Thoughts?

Thanks so much!
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699

Michaell,

Last night I went into a dealer who thought the price quote I received had to have been for a 2017 and that if the dealer who offered it stuck to his word then I should lease it immediately (he said they couldn't match it). The price was that good. 

So, I then went to the dealer who sent me this price quote above and he said it was completely accurate and that it includes the destination charge within the quote. Sounds good so far. Then he proceeds to tell me that Honda Financial who I always lease from has a terrible rate and that it will cost me approximately $445 per month at a rate of 3.5.

I have leased Hondas for the last 20 years and have never experienced this. Does this seem correct to you? I am floored and will end up with a different manufacturer if this is what HF'S is doing to their loyal customers. Oh and I had extended my current lease for a year-and-a-half waiting for this car so I have no more time to wait for rates to be reduced. 

Thanks so much!

We are pretty much a Honda family too but something you might consider - we leased my wife’s ES350 for 425 a month incl tax with $1k at signing. Msrp was $47k and the car is pretty loaded incl navigation and the latest state of the art safety features. If I was presented with an ES350 and Accord lease within $40-50 of each other, I’m taking the ES. It’s gonna be awhile before the new style accord leases get attractive again.

2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic

Michaell,

Thanks so much!

Actually, it's worse than that. The 2018 Accord MF of .00200 equates to 4.8%.

As noted, the 2018 Accord is brand new, and pretty popular (for a sedan). It's a matter of 'strike while the iron is hot' for Honda Finance - eventually, the MF will drop, but it's hard to predict when that might be.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• redvinealredvineal Member Posts: 12
    Just FYI. I visited a local dealership in Baton Rouge, LA last week and learned the 1.5T Sport has a 0.00210 MF (5.04% interest rate). Fortunately, the salesman was very straight-forward and said the lease deal is "bad" right now because of the new model release, and the money factor should come down a lot in a month or two.
    redvineal said:

Just FYI. I visited a local dealership in Baton Rouge, LA last week and learned the 1.5T Sport has a 0.00210 MF (5.04% interest rate). Fortunately, the salesman was very straight-forward and said the lease deal is "bad" right now because of the new model release, and the money factor should come down a lot in a month or two.

.00210 is the correct standard MF for Honda.

Once the 2017 inventory is cleared out, I too suspect the lease numbers for the 2018 Accord will improve.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Zoo Ropa82Zoo Ropa82 Member Posts: 122
    Any numbers on the EX-L 2.0T as they've been released today.

Scranton Pa., 36mo. 12k.yr. Lease.
    jmart2382 said:

Any numbers on the EX-L 2.0T as they've been released today.

Scranton Pa., 36mo. 12k.yr. Lease.

58% and .00210

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• markpavhgamarkpavhga Member Posts: 6
    Hi, what do you think about this lease deal?
    - 2018 Honda Accord LX
    - Down payment: $2000 (not including acq fees, taxes or others)
    - $248/mo for 36 mo and 12k miles
    - money factor 0.00260 and RV 60%

Thanks!
  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728

- 2018 Honda Accord LX

Accords do not lease well now; wait a few months or look at other sedan options. Sonata, Optima and Camry have major incentives to move metal. Your deal above is mediocre at best. No lease cash, high money factor, etc.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 232,930

- 2018 Honda Accord LX

Thanks!

Not very good.
    I'd wait for 2018 prices to come down.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• markpavhgamarkpavhga Member Posts: 6
    Thank you very much for your replies.

I just saw this advertisement of the same 2018 Honda Accord LX. Is it better?
    - Down payment of $3500 (not including taxes, other fees)
    - $189/mo for 36 mo and 12k miles
    - RV 60%
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244

Thank you very much for your replies.

I just saw this advertisement of the same 2018 Honda Accord LX. Is it better?
    - Down payment of $3500 (not including taxes, other fees)
    - $189/mo for 36 mo and 12k miles
    - RV 60%

Not a good deal ......If this vehicle is stolen or totaled your out the $3500 down payment. Every 1k you put upfront knocks $28/ $29 dollars off monthly lease. That's why it looks attractive Don't be fooled !!

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited November 2017
    Every dealer you negotiate with have them give you a monthly price rolling everything into the lease except 1st month payment , doc fee , dmv fee's . This will put all your pricing on the same level playing field. Your main goal is to get the lowest sale price 1st, then have dealer work the lease numbers off that price.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• joedetaxijoedetaxi Member Posts: 7
    Currently Being offered in NY. Thoughts?

2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T CVT
    Lease Terms: 39 months with 10,000 miles per year
    $276
    Taxes and fees down = $1,925 plus plates

Breakdown =
    Taxes (10605): $1,032.50
    Bank Fee: $795.00
    Motor Vehicles: $97.50

Money Factory: 0.0018
    joedetaxi said:

Currently Being offered in NY. Thoughts?

2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T CVT
    Lease Terms: 39 months with 10,000 miles per year
    $276
    Taxes and fees down = $1,925 plus plates

Breakdown =
    Taxes (10605): $1,032.50
    Bank Fee: $795.00
    Motor Vehicles: $97.50

Money Factory: 0.0018

What is the MSRP and adjusted cap cost used for that payment quote?

We'd suggest you add the taxes and bank fee into the monthly payment. You won't get a refund of them if you pay up front and the car gets stolen or totaled.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bai_chaibai_chai Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2017
    Hi. I’m interested in the 2018 1.5 L Accord Touring. If you can please provide me with the MF and Risidual for RI. Thanks! 36months/12k
  • ronnie1983ronnie1983 Member Posts: 172
    Hi, looking for December MF and Resids for Sport, EXL and Touring all 1.5 in Texas. This is for 36/12. Thanks in advance.
    bai_chai said:

Hi. I’m interested in the 2018 1.5 L Accord Touring. If you can please provide me with the MF and Risidual for RI. Thanks! 36months/12k

.00200 and 56%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi, looking for December MF and Resids for Sport, EXL and Touring all 1.5 in Texas. This is for 36/12. Thanks in advance.

.00200 and 60% / 58% / 56%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• vedomanovedomano Member Posts: 3
    Good morning, was referred to the forum by some friends who had nothing but compliments. Curious if the December MF and Residuals for the Sport 2.0 turbo in Georgia are available on a 36month / 10k lease. I will be waiting till the new tax laws take effect Jan 1 within GA, but wanted to start the research.
    vedomano said:

Good morning, was referred to the forum by some friends who had nothing but compliments. Curious if the December MF and Residuals for the Sport 2.0 turbo in Georgia are available on a 36month / 10k lease. I will be waiting till the new tax laws take effect Jan 1 within GA, but wanted to start the research.

36/12 (Honda doesn't offer 10K/yr)
    .00200 MF and 60% residual

That program ends January 2nd

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nkf2008nkf2008 Member Posts: 88
    Hi, can you please calculate the monthly cost of the accord sport, MSRP 26,660 with MF being at .00160 and Residual being at 59%. This lease is not with Honda financial but through a 3rd party bank thats why the MF is lower than whats coming from Honda Financial. this is 36/12. Thank you
    nkf2008 said:

Hi, can you please calculate the monthly cost of the accord sport, MSRP 26,660 with MF being at .00160 and Residual being at 59%. This lease is not with Honda financial but through a 3rd party bank thats why the MF is lower than whats coming from Honda Financial. this is 36/12. Thank you

Would need the selling price and adjusted CAP cost to calculate a payment

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• spdrcr2spdrcr2 Member Posts: 12
    Hi, I am interested in the MF and RV for the 2018 Accord LX and Sport, each at 24/12 for CA. I'm also considering a "one pay" for the 2 years if it would save on the interest (I am aware that I would have to factor in the taxes on the cap cost reduction). Any advice would be helpful. I can technically hold off making the final decision until June of 2018.

Thanks!
  • basjensmabasjensma Member Posts: 14
    Hi, I am interested in the MF and RV for the 2018 Accord EX at 36/12 for NJ.
    Do you still think that Camry is a better deal for the moment? I like both of them and can go either way. I need to buy this month.
    spdrcr2 said:

Hi, I am interested in the MF and RV for the 2018 Accord LX and Sport, each at 24/12 for CA. I'm also considering a "one pay" for the 2 years if it would save on the interest (I am aware that I would have to factor in the taxes on the cap cost reduction). Any advice would be helpful. I can technically hold off making the final decision until June of 2018.

Thanks!

24/12
    Single pay:
    .00220 MF and 66% residual for either trim

It would make a lot more sense to lease for 36/12
    .00200 MF and 60% residual
    .00140 MF and 60% residual for single pay.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

basjensma said:

Hi, I am interested in the MF and RV for the 2018 Accord EX at 36/12 for NJ.
    Do you still think that Camry is a better deal for the moment? I like both of them and can go either way. I need to buy this month.

.00200 MF and 57% residual

Yes, the Camry should lease for less.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kmotor14kmotor14 Member Posts: 14
    Hi; in New Jersey, are the MF and RV for the 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T Auto and 2018 Accord EX-L 2.0T Auto the same as above (.002/57%)?

Thanks in advance.
    kmotor14 said:

Hi; in New Jersey, are the MF and RV for the 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T Auto and 2018 Accord EX-L 2.0T Auto the same as above (.002/57%)?

Thanks in advance.

36/15 residual:
    2.0 Sport: 58%
    2.0 EXL: 56%

.00200 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• lmoondarklmoondark Member Posts: 5
    Hi. Would like to know Residual and MF on Accord EX-L and Touring 2/24 and 3/36 in Florida.  Thanks
    lmoondark said:

Hi. Would like to know Residual and MF on Accord EX-L and Touring 2/24 and 3/36 in Florida.  Thanks

.00200 MF

1.5T or 2.0T?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• lmoondarklmoondark Member Posts: 5
    That´d be 1.5T. Thanks.

Also, you think same numbers (MF and RV) would apply for a 2017 model leased out today?
    lmoondark said:

That´d be 1.5T. Thanks.

Also, you think same numbers (MF and RV) would apply for a 2017 model leased out today?

36/12 residuals are 58% (EX-L) or 56% (Touring).
    Add 7% for 24/12

The 2017 program is much, much better; that thread is here:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/41875/honda/accord/2017-honda-accord-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• smithjo1smithjo1 Member Posts: 4
    Is it a good deal ? 2018 Honda accord touring
    Sale price: 33,175
    customer cash: 3,500
    rebate: 500
    total cap reduction: 3,527.95

Monthly: 450
    term: 36 mth
    Mileage: 12,000
    smithjo1 said:

Is it a good deal ? 2018 Honda accord touring
    Sale price: 33,175
    customer cash: 3,500
    rebate: 500
    total cap reduction: 3,527.95

Monthly: 450
    term: 36 mth
    Mileage: 12,000

$3500 upfront and $450/mo.? For an Accord? Wow

What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:
    Hi; in New Jersey, are the MF and RV for the 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T Auto and 2018 Accord EX-L 2.0T Auto the same as above (.002/57%)? Thanks in advance.
    36/15 residual: 2.0 Sport: 58% 2.0 EXL: 56% .00200 MF
    Thanks, do those numbers change for the 1.5T Sport (2018, in NJ)?
    Also could you please comment on the residual percentage difference between 15k and 12k if it is a constant difference (2018, NJ)
    kmotor14 said:

kyfdx said:

kmotor14 said:

Thanks in advance.

36/15 residual:
    2.0 Sport: 58%
    2.0 EXL: 56%

.00200 MF

Thanks, do those numbers change for the 1.5T Sport (2018, in NJ)?

No

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kmotor14 said:

Also could you please comment on the residual percentage difference between 15k and 12k if it is a constant difference (2018, NJ)

2%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bostonsooner1bostonsooner1 Member Posts: 3
    I'm in the Boston area (01945). What's the MF and RV for an Accord EX-L (both the 1.5 and the 2.0). 36/12. Thanks so much.

I'm in the Boston area (01945). What's the MF and RV for an Accord EX-L (both the 1.5 and the 2.0). 36/12. Thanks so much.

.00200 MF and 58% residual
    Either engine.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jassiekjassiek Member Posts: 131
    How does it look? 
    2018 accord ex 39/10k. Zip code 11554
    Down 1st paymwnt +DMV

jassiek said:

How does it look? 
    2018 accord ex 39/10k. Zip code 11554
    Down 1st paymwnt +DMV

I can't make the numbers work.

What is the adjusted cap cost? Looks like the original figure has been crossed out.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jassiekjassiek Member Posts: 131
    Adj cap was $27,403.96
    Thanks 
    Jassiek
  • jakeleasejakelease Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2017
    Hello All!

I am looking to lease first thing Saturday Dec 29, 2017. Can someone please provide details below

2017 EXL V6 No navigation Honda Accord 4 passenger Sedan

Money Factor
    Residual Value
    Invoice Price
    MSRP

live in NYC
    10 or 12k miles
    36 monthgs

Thanks! Jake

jassiek said:

Adj cap was $27,403.96
    Thanks 
    Jassiek

I get $338/mo, with those numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

jakelease said:

Hello All!

I am looking to lease first thing Saturday Dec 29, 2017. Can someone please provide details below

2017 EXL V6 No navigation Honda Accord 4 passenger Sedan

Money Factor
    Residual Value
    Invoice Price
    MSRP

live in NYC
    10 or 12k miles
    36 monthgs

Thanks! Jake

I see you've posted in the 2017 thread; I'll answer you over there.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator