Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Anyone go offroad in a Pathfinder?

josephd05josephd05 Member Posts: 46
edited April 2014 in Nissan
I was curious if anyone has gone off road in a Pathfinder LE since they do not have all of the skid plates the SE Offroad does. Does anyone think it is unsafe since it ONLY has a skidplate under the radiator?

Comments

• bobster2bobster2 Member Posts: 5
    Yes, but not too many rocks to worry about in the wilds of Central Florida. My LE does just fine in sand, fording small streams and cruising pastures and orange groves to and from dove hunting fields. :)
  • prospective2prospective2 Member Posts: 25
    Yep. I've taken my 2005 LE on some serious off road trails in the Masanutten mountains with no problem at all. The clearance, approach/departure angle, and fact that everything is tucked under the frame meant no problem over substantial boulders, ruts, etc. ;)
  • coreydcoreyd Member Posts: 9
    the truth is that you can attach the same skid-plates on your LE with a bit of conversion of the front bars, or just align it and locktite the screws. if you're really worried. but other than that, you should be just fine without them. until you start doing huge boulders or crags then it'll protect itself.
  • jimc67jimc67 Member Posts: 2
    have 2005 Pathfinder SE off road- what gear should be used drving on sandy beach - 4w Lo or 4 Hi - or when do you use each gear in sand
  • hawk48hawk48 Member Posts: 3
    does anyone know what a set of skid plates cost,
    Installed cost?

Thanks

hawk
  • rzielrziel Member Posts: 1
    have a 2005 pathfinder and am looking for off road upgrades.
    Looking for 1)air lockers 2) 3-5" lift kits and ant other thoughts from the off road guys.
  • mhaileymhailey Member Posts: 1
    Try 4x4parts.com it is a website devoted to Nissan after market parts. It has mechanical lockers, air lockers, skid plates, ... .
  • casa_15casa_15 Member Posts: 1
    I got a 5" lift i did on my 05 pathy. I sampled it out and it works like a champ. It also came with a good thick skid plate
This discussion has been closed.