Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Toyota Camry Hybrid MPG-Real World Numbers

1293031323335»

Comments

• nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,726
    Wonder if the hybrid factor is affecting the dash estimates

My theory is it doesn't do a good job of accounting for the electric-only operation. I find that the more traffic I am in, and consequently the more it runs on electric in a given tank, the more inaccurate the dash readout is.

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 13,555
    Does a Camry Hybrid have a bladder style fuel tank like the Prius? It can change size, but I'm not sure how much.
    2017 Ford Fusion SE 2017 Ford F-150 Limited
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,726
    I don't think so - unlike the Prius, the Camry hybrid is mostly just a Camry with some hybrid componentry, using otherwise regular Camry parts. That is one of the reasons I like it - it has the same 17-gallon tank as the other Camrys, which with the hybrid mileage means I only fill up about every 600 miles or so. :smile:

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)