Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

What's a good monthly payment for leasing an S5 sportback

Carl_CCarl_C Member Posts: 4
edited September 2018 in Audi
If I want to have a better price, should I work on the MSRP? Like asking percentage off the MSRP.

I went to a dealer yesterday, and worked on the numbers with the salesman. The MSRP was about 61500, he gave me a $3000 discount, and the lease we worked on was 36/10000 and 0 down. The monthly payment he got was around 920. I tried the same built on the audi website, it gave me 874. If audi website did not count the title and registration fees, the $3000 discount should cover that thus their numbers should be very close. Anyone knows what caused the difference? And anyone know what's consided a good monthly price for such MSRP? And anyone has the residual rate and MF for S5 sportsback? Thanks!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Carl_C said:

If I want to have a better price, should I work on the MSRP? Like asking percentage off the MSRP.

I went to a dealer yesterday, and worked on the numbers with the salesman. The MSRP was about 61500, he gave me a $3000 discount, and the lease we worked on was 36/10000 and 0 down. The monthly payment he got was around 920. I tried the same built on the audi website, it gave me 874. If audi website did not count the title and registration fees, the $3000 discount should cover that thus their numbers should be very close. Anyone knows what caused the difference? And anyone know what's consided a good monthly price for such MSRP? And anyone has the residual rate and MF for S5 sportsback? Thanks!

S5 Sportback Premium Plus
    36/10
    .00194 MF and 60% residual
    $500 lease bonus

Can't vouch for what the Audi website gives you.

Ask for a completed accounting of the numbers, including money factor, residual, selling price, fees, etc.
    Then, you can see what you have to work with.

In PA? Tax is 9%-11% on the payment, depending where you live

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Carl_CCarl_C Member Posts: 4
    kyfdx said:

Carl_C said:

36/10
    $500 lease bonus

Ask for a completed accounting of the numbers, including money factor, residual, selling price, fees, etc.

Thanks for the info, so the MF and residual do changed a bit, I searched the forum and get the number .00175 and 61%. And BTW, I have an Delaware address, will that change any of these numbers and tax rate? Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Carl_C said:

kyfdx said:

Carl_C said:

36/10
    $500 lease bonus

Thanks for the info, so the MF and residual do changed a bit, I searched the forum and get the number .00175 and 61%. And BTW, I have an Delaware address, will that change any of these numbers and tax rate? Thanks!
    I think Delaware levies tax on the full selling price, but their rate is low (around 4%).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator