Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• m6userm6user Posts: 3,181
    I think what was meant is that if NJ is close enough it seems like a no-brainer to save the $900. Taxes and title fees are usually paid to home state when registering the car in the state of residence so they would be the same if bought down the street. Unless there is more to this story why not drive a few miles and save the $900?
  • -2455 off MSRP... WHAT NJ DEALER..?

If true. New target price! Though they may make it up in misc doc fees....
  • pzzcatpzzcat Posts: 20
    Springfield Acura
    any other doc fees i must to pay?because this is my first car

THANKS
    Must be nice to be buying a $40 vehicle as your first car. Color me jealous.
  • Just make sure any quote you get is inclusive of all non-tax charges and any accessories you want, and hold them to it. The only way to get the very best price is to get them competing against each other.
    Actually, that was supposed to say $40k vehicle, not $40. Missed my edit timeout restriction. :blush:
    thank you very much
    edited August 2012
    Don't worry
  • $33,100 for Base FWD includes tint and wheel locks before TTL. Is this a good price?
  • Yes that's a good price. I just bought same car for 33700 with protection package and all weather mats, but I can't complain I got the red color which looks awesome.
  • quakerwildcatquakerwildcat Posts: 39
    edited August 2012
    Yes that's a good price, closest I've seen here to what I paid for a fairly similar package, assuming that it includes all non-tax charges. Dealer isn't making much at that point. Go for it.
  • Thank you guys for your input. Destination charge was not added before. So its 33,100 plus 895 of destination charge. Now tell me 33,995 for base fwd before TTL. Is this a good price?

On a side note, I have spoken with one another dealer and he said he can do only 500 off of Sticker price, i was like really???? Is it becos of low inventory that these prices are not reduced much?
  • To clarify my 33700 price, this included destination. Out the door price was 36800 with protection package and all weather mats. Dealer was in Atlanta.
  • rdxer93rdxer93 Posts: 1
    I watched this forum quite a bit before purchasing, so I am now contributing.

Here in the upper Midwest it is hit or miss with pricing on the RDXs. Dealers that don't have much inventory are quoting retail, or $300-$500 off sticker. Find the larger dealerships with inventory in the larger cities. Was able to get quotes of $38,500 & $38,800 for an AWD Tech w/dest +ttl in Chicago which I considered a good deal.

However, I am disappointed my local dealer wasn't even in the ballpark @ $300 off sticker. Considering they don't have any on the lot, simply taking my order for a RDX would have netted them a $1,500 profit. I am still stunned they would turn this opportunity down.

Took delivery this week and am very pleased so far. Good luck. Car is great so far.
    So what's the dealer name that you got it from and what was the price? People in Chicago area have inguiring minds.
  • molly55molly55 Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me what a good price is for a 2013 Rdx with tech in Florida? I was quoted $1000 off msrp.
  • I GOT MINE $2600 OFF MSRP!
  • Where in Florida did you purchase RDX for $2600. off MSRP in reply to poster who was quoted $1000. off MSRP?
  • molly55molly55 Posts: 2
    Yes, where did you get $2600 off MSRP!
  • In his dreams.
  • ken117ken117 Posts: 249
    Email from Pohanka Acura today. Listed price for 2013 RDX, AWD, with Tech is $36,936 plus freight.
  • Changed the title

note...plus freight>>> why not give you that figure..another deceptive practice.
  • patm70patm70 Posts: 20
    As for your reply to poster Molly55, she wanted to know RDX FWD with Tech price in Florida. Pohanka Acura is in VA.
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    Because for some reason, in VA (and a few other places) subtracting destination to make prices appear abnormally low is standard practice. Add it back as never went anywhere, and you're back up to a still aggressive under invoice but doable $37831. Then notice your dealer doc fee that's 2x to 3x higher than other states, etc. and in the end the initial "wow" becomes more normal.
  • I am getting (from more than one dealer) "internet price" of $36800 or so for the 2013 AWD with Tech Package from northern and central NJ dealers. (MSRP is $40315) This seems to be much less than what people are reporting here. (Typically, isn't MSRP minus $2000 supposed to be a "target" deal?) Any comments? Is there some new rebate I'm not aware of? One of the dealers specified their doc fee to be $270.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 32,857
    not sure how or why, but I was offered a legit 3k (later upped to 3.3K) off MSRP on a base AWD, so your price seems consistent.

and that was with no add ons or fluff. just DMV and doc fees.

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

• billy3554billy3554 Posts: 148
    Dealers attempt to charge a doc fee of $399 in Virginia. However, if you are a resident of Maryland, those dealers typically attempt $199, which is the limit in Maryland. Obviously, $399, while far too high, is less than in Florida or Georgia, for example.

In any case, astute buyers understand the intent of the dealer fee (additional price not dealer cost) and will negotiate accordingly. Personally, I have bought many vehicles in both Virginia and Maryland, as well as other states, and I have yet to find a dealer who will not "negotiate" the dealer "fee."

As a side note, use of the term "fee" is effective. Too many people see the word "fee" and incorrectly assume the amount is legally required. I imagine if dealers called it what it is "additional dealer profit", most people would balk.

Virginia dealers, as well as Maryland dealers, clearly disclose destination is not included in their published prices. People familiar with Edmunds understand the concept of destination charge. I am sure those folks are capable of adding the two numbers (price and freight). My experience shows dealers in many states exclude destination from their published prices.

When buying a vehicle, people need to be most alert when in "the box." That is where the "wow" can disappear in a heart beat.
  • ken117ken117 Posts: 249
    Actually, Virginia is far from the highest for additional dealer profit (ADP), commonly called documentation fee. For example the average ADP in Florida is $610, in Colorado $515, and in Georgia $519. The average for all states is likely close to $250.

Of course such ADP are excessive but so is what dealers charge for overpriced wax jobs, fabric protection, service contracts, or window etching.

Dealers do have so many avenues of additional profit.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 32,857
    I normally don't lease, so am looking for a reality check.

for a base AWD ($36,600 MSRP), is this lease a strong deal?

36 mo. 10K/year

just DMV fees + 1st mo payment down.

$419/mo (including NJ tax).

Thanks.

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

• 12161216 Posts: 2
    What dealer did you get a $3,300 discount off MSRP from( for the base RDX AWD)?