Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Lexus ES Engine Questions

13»

Comments

• nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Wise choice. I know of no engine failures on these cars because of clicking.
  • doberdawgdoberdawg Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 96 ES300 98K from original owner, garaged never smoked in near new condition. It has 98K original, & tuned up with new belt water pump at 94K.

MY PROBLEM when floor boarded whether in P or N, or on the road attempting to jack rabbit onto a freeway, or use passing gear going uphill at 65 the engine cuts out. I lighten up on the gas pedal & it is again as new. But it is dangerous, I had to slam on the brakes & get behind a big rig I was passing when sudden oncoming traffic appeared. I kicked it into passing (floored it) it cut out & I braked hard to get behind the big rig. Again, from a stop sign I saw a line of a bunch of cars coming & stepped on it hard in plenty of time (normally) to get into traffic & accelerate to speed, again it cut out. So, I tried it in Neutral & sure enough, floor it it cuts out.

No code with 2 different orbit II readers, none. Mechanic thought perhaps an RPM block but no way, it is too dangerous. I can think of 3 & with stretch 4 possibilities??? Getting too much fuel when floored, not enough fuel when floored, tiny possibility of fuel filter, & most likely - but no code - some sensor. I would VERY much like a suggestion as this is one sweet ride except when needing quick speed. I am 65 & not a hot rodder, but all drivers on occasion need rapid acceleration. This is my first time to the forum & am not sure I will see answer unless emailed directly [email protected] thanxxxxxxx