Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you experience loading issues with the login/register form, please completely disable ad blocker or use an incognito or in-private window to log in.

2007 Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• Sorry to hear of your problems. I'll have to check the rear seat headrests.....I have the seat forward and down...Of course , in the summer, with the top off...Who cares ! :shades:
  • Hey ! I just took top off for first time , took back seat out....and it started to rain ! Ah well.....but I discovered that the back seat head rests do disengage : You have to push BOTH buttons simultaneously . One button sticks out a bit and the other is flat/recessed : . Good Luck. I may place a picture if the sun comes back out. :shades:
  • twolabstwolabs Posts: 3
    Just picked up my new 4 dr Sahara and the only issue that I have is no power mirrors. Or am I overlooking the knob? I jumped on the road and was not able to adjust the mirrors. Otherwise, the 20 mile ride home was good ta go.
  • No power mirrors..afterall this is the first time power windows are offered!
  • nolid5nolid5 Posts: 148
    I see you keep the Jeep in a nice garage, but how did the half doors and soft top handle all the snow in upstate New York this year?
  • This is a Jeep . Jeeps in all configurations handle everything . I'm glad winter is over , but we get used to zipping/unzipping the windows and other minor inconveniences , because when summer comes , and the top is off....WHO CARES ! :shades:
  • wiggles1wiggles1 Posts: 12
    Hi All,

I'm trying to become a 2007 Jeep Wranger Unlimited owner but am running into supply/demand issues!

I'm searching for a Unlimited X, 4X4, power group and the options group that includes fog lights, wrapped steering wheel etc... I'd love sirius radio, but that's not a deal breaker. I simply can't find a vehicle in the color that I want (and the only colors I don't want are black and either of the greens), without tons of extras that I don't want. (don't want upgraded stereo w/subwoofer, don't need the serious off-road upgrades) Problem is 1)availability and 2) dealers around here not budging off of MSRP. It's their right not to budge, but it's also my right not to pay it .... so for now I sit and wait.

Any tips on how to speed this process up (without paying sticker) would be much appreciated. I've got a 2006 vehicle to trade in or sell through private sale - so that figures into the deal. I'm set with financing through my credit union and have my down payment sitting in the bank.

Thanks for any advice you may throw my way. I'm prepared to be patient, but I'm also pretty eager to start having fun when I drive!
  • tommyijrtommyijr Posts: 56
    You could be in for a long wait.....this seems to be the only product Chrysler is holding fast on MSRP. The one we took delivery on required a month long wait, my wife wanted the Sahara w/ the duel top and other bells and whistles. She initially wanted the black but really fell for the steel blue metallic. Good luck on the waiting it out, whenever I take it in for an oil change I speak with the dealer that sold us ours and he tells me the ones that come in that aren't already spoken for go within days.
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    Assuming that there was a good reason for not ordering the specification you wanted originally, if you either can't find or can't get a sensible price on what you want locally, you need to expand the area of your search. Unless you need a CA spec vehicle, there's no no reason you can't source from anywhere in the country.

Selling price is really dictated by buyers, rather than the dealer. At the moment, in most but not all areas, buyers are still prepared to pay top dollar.

You may want to consider a 2008 model, which will be little different from the '07s except for all the inevitable bug fixes. Apparently some pre-production models have already been assembled and production is scheduled to start in late July.

There's information here in the forums from people that have purchased at invoice, so it may pay to do your research, place your order, then sit back and get one of the first '08s.
    Thanks for your replies ....

Thought about ordering EXACTLY what I want, but I've never ordered a car before and I'm not sure what goes into doing that .... My previous 3 vehicles were Ford, Ford, Honda. Negotiations were easy as I wasn't ever getting a really "hot" car. I knew what was fair, the cars were on the lot, and I drove away! Pretty simple stuff. If I order a car, how much of a deposit does a dealer typically expect? Are they more or less likely to sell close to invoice since there is zero overhead for them? Are there associated costs with ordering a vehicle that you don't find with buying off the lot?

Again, replies are very much appreciated.
  • simms3simms3 Posts: 1
    I would not expect any type of near invoice price on these types of cars anytime soon even if ordering one. Try carmax however they have really good prices. When ordering if you know the dealer and or the vehicle is one he could sell quickly I would not deposit over $200.
    Unless you're ordering some kind of weird options that would make it hard to sell if you back out, most reputable dealers will only require a minimal deposit and will hold your check on file until the vehicle arrives.

There are no additional costs associated with ordering a vehicle as opposed to taking one from stock, quite the opposite in fact. The longer a vehicle sits on the lot, the more it costs the dealer, which is why they'll always try to put you in one of those first.

Personally, I cannot imagine not ordering exactly what I want in a new vehicle. Also means you don't get added demo miles as an unwanted bonus. :)
  • For anyone considering a new vehicle, I would recommend checking out AAA's car buying service. They pre-negotiate the selling price for new cars using certain dealerships. I recently ordered my 2007 Rubicon Unlimited and expect delivery in (hopefully) another three weeks. The AAA negotiated price (I'm in the mid-Atlantic region) was $200 over invoice. And, though the dealer certainly didn't love me, they honored that price. You should know that some dealers specifically exclude Unlimiteds or Rubicons so it's not fool proof for a hot car like this year's Wrangler. But typically you get contact info for three dealerships so you have choices. I wound up driving an hour to the dealership I'm using.

Here is the link for the AAA car buying service. I consider myself a pretty hard negotiator, but with a pre-arranged price it's nearly impossible to do better. I've used it two or three times all with great results. And consdiering how many people are paying sticker price...I think I did pretty well this time as well.

http://www.aaamidatlantic.com/automotive/auto_buying.asp
    The AAA negotiated price (I'm in the mid-Atlantic region) was $200 over invoice.

Assuming there's no excessive added 'document fees' or other dealwer added profit items, that sounds like a pretty reasonable deal at the momment.
    Reminds me that my AAA is just about to expire! I'll re-up and then look into using their service.

Unlimiteds are also excluded from getting the military discount. One dealer asked me if I was military and I replied that I was ex-military (Air force 1993-97) and he said "oh good, hang on" Then he came back and said "sorry, we can't offer that to you". Checked online and it's only good for a few of the Jeep models.
  • steverstever Posts: 52,683
    Don't forget about the Jeep Wrangler: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion too.
  • Will there be any visual differences between 2008 and 2007 Wranglers? How did you hear about the pre-production models? Just curious as to what there is to look forward to.
  • Found this:
    http://forums.streetfire.net/showthread.php?t=16459
    Is this for real?

This as well, but i can not tell when the article was written:
    http://www.automotive.com/spied-cars/90/112-0509-2008-jeep-wrangler/index.html
  • Had been thinking about Sahara, having trouble finding exactly like I wanted on lot. Found an X that is pretty much dead on. What are the main differences, other than price? Trying to decide what I am losing by going w/the X and not Sahara. Thanks.
  • Im very impressed with the OME suspension system. The ride is soooo much better than stock.

I do not have any Vibes at all as i drove it 25 miles home on the highway. I gained a total of 4 inches with the JKS 1.25" Body Lift and OME System so went from 19" to 23" NICE. It looks like there is plenty of room to fit 33's.

Thanks to everyone that gave me advice and the OME is worth EVERY Penny......

Id post some pics but dont know how....
  • steverstever Posts: 52,683
    The easiest way to post pics is to set up a CarSpace.com album. Follow the prompts under Manage Albums to copy your photos from your computer to the album(s).

When that's done, there's a handy link box below each photo you can use to paste pics in the discussions.
  • I had this same problem when I got my unlimited in novemeber. The only differences between these two, when you get the S option package on the X, are the YES seats that don't stain, colored fenders (if you are getting a black one you can't really tell the difference), silver guage cluster, and unless you ordered it as an option on the X, the infinity sound system. Also, you only get the Sahara's standard 17s, as the 18's are Sahara specific. Wasn't a big deal to me, so I figured I could forgo those differences even though I went looking for a Sahara, and I was able to get a black one as i wanted with no wait. There is nothing your missing out on, unless having it say Sahara on the side instead of X is a big deal to you. Good luck
  • bigtoys2bigtoys2 Posts: 2
    I purchased this vehicle three weeks ago. Last weekend we went on a 700 mile round trip and jeep did great. I have the 6-speed with towing package and didn't seem to have power issues. My MPG average was around 20 and went from 85 MPH to 65 MPH most of the trip. I have done some 4-wheeling and jeep was awesome. I understand that a small V-8 would be nice but OMG give it a rest. Sounds like some folks are looking for a Grand Cherokee. You want a big [non-permissible content removed] SUV go buy something else, its a jeep thing, love it or leave it alone.
  • trin64trin64 Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm in the process of purchasing a 2007 Sahara Unlimited. I've read several reviews on Edmunds that while driving, the Unlimiteds' engine shutting down or cutting off for several seconds without warning. I was wondering if anyone has, had this problem, or knew something more about it. I'm a teacher and drive almost 2 hours each way to work. Any information would really be appreciated. Thank you.
  • I had one episode where it apperared that all lights went out for about a second . I have about 5,000 miles on my Rubicon now and it has not happened again. :D
  • edf4edf4 Posts: 65
    I have a 2007 JK Unlimited X, six speed, with @ 6500 miles and have never had, (knock on wood), the Jeep stall out on me. I have however read of others having this happen to them, but most all seem to have been owners with the electric windows and/or mygig system, neither of which I have in my Jeep. Personally, I would not let this stop you if you are considering this Jeep: it is a great value, well built, fun to drive, stable on the road (4 door model anyway) and very capable off road, fun in summer whether equipped with the hard or soft top, though the Freedom top is the most vesrital if you live in a cold climate. I'm smiling whenever I drive it.
  • jerrydockjerrydock Posts: 29
    My wife and I run an ecotourism business and use a 1974 Land rover Series III. It will be getting a frame off restoration next year and we decided to go look at the Wrangler Unlimited. I had done some research so I had a few questions.

The dealer (Neuwirth Motors, Wilmington, NC) had already convinced me that I would NOT be buying from them because of their adveritising; "At Neuwirth Motors we put God Country and You first. PLEASE. I need you to sell me a vehicle, not stuff religion, country and family into the deal.

They only had 3 and they were all fully equipped.

What we are going to buy is a white (so we can have zebra stripes on it) 6 speed, soft top (which will be stored and never used), half doors, no carpet, no A/C.

The moron who "waited on us" did not have a clue. I had to tell him about the half doors AND he could not tell me how much "delete A/C" would take off the price.

I will let you know how well I do with the Shalotte, NC dealer.
  • jerrydockjerrydock Posts: 29
    I just got off the phone with the Shalotte Jeep dealer (nabor Chrysler Dodge jeep) and put a deposit on a 2008 Wrangler Unlimited diesel.

They will custom order to my specs.
    White
    Half doors
    No carpet
    No A/C
    Diesel
    Manual transmission

Best of all, no one said a thing about God/Country/Family.

Not like the morons I ran into at Neuwirth Motors in Wilmington.
  • goducks1goducks1 Posts: 432
    I've used the Jeep dealer in Shallotte before, my parents live in Holden Beach (I live up in Atlantic Beach). They are quite nice.
This discussion has been closed.