Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• zjevzjev Posts: 1
    I'm sure others have already pointed this out. The editor said that Jeep wrangler Unlimited Sahara is the longest name you can get in a Jeep? Come on, how about the Rubicon, that would make it one letter longer guys. Not that anyone cares about stuff like that, but obviously the editor cared and decided to look smart and write it, but still got it wrong!
  • erickplerickpl Posts: 2,735
    I am not sure about JKL being a legitimate code for the JK 4 door version. Jeep has traditionally used 2 letter designations for their models. Just like there was no official TJL for the Wrangler Unlimited, I don't think it is a legit one for JK's either.

Not to bash Wiki, but I'd believe it a LOT more if I saw it on a Jeep.com site or publication from DC or whatever they're name is going to be now.

-Paul
  • campymancampyman Posts: 13
    Somebody is missing the toyo!
  • mreipmreip Posts: 9
    Check and see if it does it at between 1500 and 2000 RPM's? Does it sound like a wear indicator when brakes need changed? Read transmission problems.
  • momofpjmomofpj Posts: 2
    I havent gone to test drive the wrangler unlimited yet and i wanted to know how the ride was..
    Also would u consider putting a infant in this vehicle?
    Thanks in advance!
  • jeepgrlsjeepgrls Posts: 3
    I don't have a naviagation system...but the presence of DVD video has been confirmed. Still haven't found anyone who can figure out how to install a screen tho.
  • jeepgrlsjeepgrls Posts: 3
    I would put an infant in it...I had a 2-door when my youngest was an infant and I didn't like that...with the 4-door it's much better because both of my kids have full doors in the back, so even with the top off, they don't have the option of throwing anything out easily or being hit by anything flying in.

It's a very comfortable jeep. I traded in a '04 Liberty Renengade for the Unlimited and we like it MUCH better.
  • momofpjmomofpj Posts: 2
    Thank you for your reply! im trying to get feedback about the vehicle, i really want to trade my charger in for it!
  • guy21guy21 Posts: 129
    Just pickup up a 2007 X and traded in my 2004 X. What a difference in features, comfort and convenience. Glad I did it. However, there are a couple of design quirks on the new ones.

Fender Flares - the front flares are held to the body by two bolts near the top center and plastic clips in the corners. Result; the corners seem a little loose. The rear flares are only held on by plastic clips. Result; I doubt they will fall off, but the entire rear flares seem very loose. Opinion; DCX needs to design a better clip.

Dash Panel - between the top of the dash and the inside of the windshield there is about a 1" gap the entire width of the dash. I suspect this has something to do with the mechanics of lowering the windshield, but the current design would allow anything to leak, fall (or crawl) behind the dash and potentially short out or corrode the electrics. Opinion; DCX needs to gasket this area somehow.
  • peter47peter47 Posts: 6
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have narrowed the source down to the top of the windshield or roof.
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    From the Wall Street Journal:

"U.S. Probes Jeep Wranglers
    By TERRY KOSDROSKY

DETROIT -- U.S. safety regulators opened a preliminary investigation into the Chrysler Group's 2007 Jeep Wrangler after receiving complaints of engine stall at highway speed.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said that it has received 53 complaints and that a majority of those drivers said they experienced stalling on more than one occasion. In 12 cases, drivers complained of losing electrical power and lighting at the same time as the vehicles stalled.

No accidents or fatalities were reported, a report summary on the agency's Web site said.

Chrysler spokesman Max Gates said the auto maker is launching its own probe, searching internal records and warranty claims.

The company also will test vehicles to see if the condition involved in the complaints can be replicated. "We're really in the early stages," he said.

The 2007 Jeep Wrangler is one of the hottest sellers in Chrysler's lineup. Sales are up 85% to 54,699 on the year through the end of May, and the model was redesigned for 2007. May sales of the Wrangler more than doubled to 12,332 from the previous year.

The fact that NHTSA opened a probe into a hot-selling model isn't a primary concern, Mr. Gates said. "I think we have to get into this a little further. If there's an issue, we'll have to get it resolved as soon as possible," he said.

The Chrysler Group is the U.S. unit of DaimlerChrysler AG, which plans to sell the unit to private-equity firm Cerberus Capital Management LP.

Write to Terry Kosdrosky at terry.kosdrosky@dowjones.com "
  • giantsin06giantsin06 Posts: 63
    Thanks for posting that Mac24. :)
  • steverstever Posts: 52,683
    18 minutes, 22.99 seconds.

I smell a contest brewing. ;)

2007 Jeep Wrangler: Top Drop Time

• I just removed the skid plate to my 97 Wrangler to install an new exhuast system. Bolts holding it in place were welded. Not sure best way to reinstall the skid plate, tap bolt holes to screw in new bolt, or have dealer reweld it back in place? It is difficult to find the correct size tap for the bolts.
    Looking for any advice.
  • bigtoys2bigtoys2 Posts: 2
    I asked a dealership last week about the diesel and he said the US has no plans for 2008. It would be great but this blog is the only place I have seen anything about 08 Wranglers having the diesel option (US) for 08.
  • erickplerickpl Posts: 2,735
    Audi and BMW are bringing diesels to the US in 08, so I'm assuming 09 model year. I'd be willing to think that is when we'll see an increase in domestic diesel offerings (or soon thereafter after gauging interest in diesel technology).

-Paul
  • jerrydockjerrydock Posts: 29
    A couple of things have happened recently which threw a monkey wrench into the diesel being available next year in the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.

First the announced sale of Chrysler by Mercedes. If this happened, where would the diesels come from?

Now it is rumored that Mercedes is only selling Chrysler, NOT Jeep.

Also several deisels mules have been recently spotted in Alaska.

Stay tuned for more drama.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/!discloc=.ee98936&nopopup=1&cat=Jeep
  • giantsin06giantsin06 Posts: 63
    Hello. I received a recall notice today about the stalling issue . They are going to reprogram the Totally Integrated Power Module. :shades:
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    Amazing how many issues turn out to be software related, which of course you can't fix yourself. :shades:

Still, at least the visit to the dealers should be quick and painless! :)
  • steverstever Posts: 52,683
    More recall news related to the one in the Edmunds fleet:

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara: Recalls

Nice pic with the story too:

• headtekheadtek Posts: 4
    Anyone know how to get the radio out of the '07 wrangler unlimited. Have the wrangler unlimited with the sirius radio (not the nav integration).
  • headtekheadtek Posts: 4
    Anyone know how to get the radio out the dash on the 2007 wrangler?

I have the satalite radio (without the nav system).
  • embeedueceembeeduece Posts: 260
    Park in a bad neighborhood.

;)
  • aball69aball69 Posts: 2
    :P THIS JEEP HAS A MIND OF IT'S OWN!
    THE SOFT TOP IS ALREADY TORN AND I AM UNHAPPY ABOUT THAT....BUT FROM WHAT I HAVE READ IT LOOKS LIKE A ROLL OF BLACK DUCT TAPE MAY BE IN ORDER AND OH WELL LIFE IS STILL GOOD!link title
  • britt22britt22 Posts: 17
    We are contemplating the purchase of an '07 Unlimited with the tow package installed, and Jeep states that it's tow capacity as outfitted will be 3,500 lbs.

What I am wondering is if anyone knows how well the Unlimited will ACTUALLY tow 3,500 lbs? Our Fleetwood Pop up weighs exactly 3,500 prior to any sleeping bags, etc. Am I just wishfully thinking that the Unlimited can indeed tow it's max plus a bit more - especially in Washington State where there are definite uphill grades???? Any insight and or recommendations would be more than appreciated.

Jeep Service Dept. says Yes - but, I am still a bit weary - but so love the Unlimited. Just have to know if it is possible and not going to be totally problamatic to the engine, etc.
    Thanks!
  • comkromcomkrom Posts: 6
    Pry up on the Center Stack Cover with a screwdriver from the windshield side,there are two clips there.Be careful not to loose the clips then remove the CS Cover and you will see two 7mm screws. remove the lower Center Stack cover (it also clips in place. there are two 7mm screws there also. remove the 7mm screws and pull out on the center stack bezel.I usually don't remove the bezel all the way as the heater control cables and wiring is difficult. With the bezel loose there are 4 7mm screw mounting the radio to the IP. Be careful with the clips cause if you lose them you will defenetly have a rattle.
  • hottxinhottxin Posts: 1
    does anyone else have a/c problems? the air in my 98 blows at 42 degrees. the 07 is 58 which in texas sucks i cant stand to ride in the new one you sweat. i have takin it to dealer 2 time already.well tommorrow will be the 3rd does anyone else have the same problem please let me know
  • http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=117422?imw=Y

I keep being assured that there is in fact a diesel coming; but who knows at this point. My deposit is still at the dealer.
  • panzerpanzer Posts: 125
    My local dealer (Denver CO area) has a few 2008 Wranglers. I guess one new thing is that in order to get the 4.10 axles, you must get a Rubicon. All automatic transmissions get a 3.73 axle, with 3.73 the optional ratio for stick shift. This will suck for Unlimited buyers. They are pretty soft with an automatic for 2007, with the 4.10. Expect them to be a little more sluggish. Probably liveable with the 2dr, but the 4.10 was just fine, with a pretty quiet highway cruise. Watch out if you are planning on putting big skins on. Looks like Jeep has given in to the greens, looking for a little more MPG, at the possible expense of driveability. Anybody driven a 2008? I was in looking at the late-run X 2007's they had in various colors with automatic and black package. Otherwise the 2008's look the same as 2007's.
  • mdreefmdreef Posts: 2
    Hello,

I am interested in buying a 2007 or 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. I test drove one last weekend and was pleasantly surprised. I followed up with research to find out that they have had stalling problems due to software glitches.

I believe it became a recall that affected several Jeep models. Have any of you experienced this problem? and do you know if the software updates performed by Jeep fixed the problem?

Are there any other issues that I should know? This would be my first Jeep. I'm looking at a hard-top 2 wheel drive. Live in Houston so no need for 4 wheel drive (It will actually be the wife's car so I want to make sure it's safe)

Thanks in advance!
This discussion has been closed.