Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you experience loading issues with the login/register form, please completely disable ad blocker or use an incognito or in-private window to log in.

2007 Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• No luck at all. I have found an importer who specializes in old Land Rovers who will have one shipped in in pieces. I don't know if it is worth it. All this buy out of Chrysler has thrown a wrench in the wheels.
  • I had mine in a driving rain and through a car wash and not a drop. As was said earlier, you have to read the manual and do exactly as it says. I latch the front first and then go clockwise with the latches and then the spin bolts last by the speakers. Never a leak.
  • bsfman97bsfman97 Posts: 2
    Ive put 2000 miles on my new jeep and theyve had to replace the engine,an alternator and its currently in the shop getting a new power steering pump.Oh yea in the last 400 miles its thrown the fan belt off 4 times which causes the power steering fluid to spray all over the engine compartment.I havent even taken it 4 wheeling yet as I dont think it can handle it.Besides I cant afford to have a tow truck follow me.What a piece of junk,these are definitly not real jeeps.I wouldnt recommend buying one unless your willing to spend the money to put a different motor in it.
  • waterdrwaterdr Posts: 307
    Of alll the cars on the planet, Consumer Reports has rated the Wrangler Unlimited as the worst car made. They put 11 vehicles on the list, and the Unlimited was ranked a whopping #1.....it is the most troublesome car currently made.

I feel like a dodged a bullit as I nearly bought one. Even if the article is not accurate, this is a death sentence.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,059
    Even if the article is not accurate, this is a death sentence.

I don't think so. Everyone but CR seems to know that the Wrangler is in a league of its own and simply cannot be compared with ordinary passenger vehicles. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • sembasemba Posts: 5
    Put a 2.5" Teraflex Suspension lift in, MT 35" Tires and AEV Pintler rims. Had it aligned and all is well......until.....I now have what appears to be a rather loose (what I will call) a cross member. The bar goes between both front wheels with ball joints on either end. I know it is supposed to move, but this is really easy to move and clunks back and forth. All bolts are tight. Is this bar supposed to be real easy to move? There are no grease fitting either. I am confused as to what the problem is. Clunks over small bumbs and fairly sharp turns and is quite loud. I am pretty mechanically inclined, but this has got me. I am worried about something breaking and damaging something really bad. HELP!
  • I can not believe the bashing going on by the "experts" regarding the wrangler unlimited. My wife and I have owned a number of lux SUVs and last summer purchased two unlimiteds and love every thing about the vehicles. This is our first jeeps and think they are great to drive around town and on the freeway. I travel for work and sometimes drive 250 miles in a day and feel very comfortable during the trip. Two friends of ours also purchased unlimiteds and are just as thrilled with the vehicle as we are. That is four very satisfied Jeep owners. All I can say is go drive the vehicle yourself and make up your own mind. You may also wonder what the heck the experts were thinking in their reviews.
  • Has anyone had any issues with their steering stabilizer? I have had mine replaced at 19,000 miles and 400 miles later, the shimmy is back. When I checked with the dealer, they said there is no recall for this and that noone else is seeing the problem.
  • cosmo11cosmo11 Posts: 1
    2007 4dr going to dealer Mon. for severe shaking on highway. Comes on suddenly after just going over mild dips/bumps on highway at 40+ mph. Any ideas or same issue?
  • embeedueceembeeduece Posts: 260
    Summer is approaching and I usually go top down and doors off from start to finish. Was thinking about buying a basic bikini top to shield the front seats and dash. Was about to click "add to cart" when I noticed they all need windshield channels or something. Doesn't seem like a huge deal, but are there any bikini tops that you can just throw on as is? Without the channel? Thanks.

P.S. How many people do you think buy the bikini tops and get them home only to discover "aw crap!" I need another part??

:shades:
    Death Wobble returns!!! Search back thru this discussion and you'll find *years* of this problem. A lot of people say it is only common to altered, customized vehicles. But a bunch of us were having trouble with very stock Jeeps. I can't tell you if I have found the root cause or just a bandaid cure, but either way this has "solved" the problem for me: an upgraded steering stabilizer.

I replaced the factory one with another OEM part while under warranty. That did the job for a while, but then it too began to fail. So when warranty expired, I paid out of pocket (80 bucks or so) for a Rancho steering stabilizer. Guys at the Jeep dealership put it in for me while doing basic service. Not a single shake or wobble since. Good luck.
    See my response to Cosmo11.
  • Yes, I had that problem on my 2005 Unlimited as well... took them four times to fix it. They ended up installing a heavy duty stabizer and the problem finally stoped... been working fine now for about a year.
  • We've always had older CJ's and other Jeep Wranglers, but I can honestly say I LOVE my new Jeep Sahara Unlimited!! What a fun and comfortable ride. Now, I know some of you out there wonder..does she know the difference??? Yes..I have a 2004 Corvette a 2005 Chevy Avalanche, a 2006 Roush Mustang..and I've owned Caddys and other luxurious cars. This is my FAVORITE!! It's fun and I've added cool aftermarket items to add the WOW factor. I took it on a Jeep Jamboree last fall and it did excellent STOCK! How cool was that? I've had no major issues. The hard top leaked a bit at first, but not anymore. It gets 20 MPG and that to me is fantastic for a 4 wheel drive vehicle. I could go on and on, but bottom line, it's a matter of opinion. You couldn't pay me to buy one of those FJ's...not for ANYTHING!! There are so many people I've been reading from that go on and on about the FJ's..so, variety makes the world go round. My $42,000.00 Avalanche has given me far more problems so far. My $51,000.00 Corvette had a leak coming from the weather strip by the passenger window. I think any model car can have issues. Some are made right and some come from the factory with issues..what car maker out there has a 100% perfect record on any of their makes of cars?? Give the Jeep a break here and stop trying to catagorize it with all those luxury vehicles out there. It is what it is...a reasonably priced vehicle that you can add tons of add ons to and make it your off road dream machine or just an awesome looking everday driver. 0lllllll0 It's a Jeep thing....you wouldn't understand.
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 11,587
    It is what it is...a reasonably priced vehicle that you can add tons of add ons to and make it your off road dream machine or just an awesome looking everday driver. 0lllllll0 It's a Jeep thing....you wouldn't understand.

Agreed. The Wrangler is almost certainly the only US-built vehicle I will ever own.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport / 2014 M235i / 1999 Wrangler / 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2009 Cooper Clubman Son's: 2009 328i

• Has anybody experienced a rattle coming from the undercarriage at low RPM's? I have a 2008 Sahara Unlimited and started hearing noises when driving it off the lot. It's got only 1000 miles on it. Any advice would be helpful
  • giantsin06giantsin06 Posts: 63
    I've had a rattle like thing in my 07 Rubicon. At 22,000 miles , I'd long ago forgotten it....until you reminded me. ;)
  • My 07 4door jeep wrangler has Death Wobble, and dealer is going to replace it with an after market steering stablilizer. Jeep doesn't have a replacement yet. they are saying they have only a few problems with this. I had to get mad before they would fix it because they couldn't duplcate it at the shop :mad:
  • cowsnmorecowsnmore Posts: 3
    I have had my 2007 wrangler back to the dealer to have the steering stabilizer twice, so far. Now they tell me my tires are bad and will need to be replaced because they will cause the shaking to come back. I say the stabilizer is probably what caused by tires to go bad, not the other way around.
  • I am getting my jeep back tomorrow with a new steering stablizer. You should call jeep because I did and they replaced the stablilizer with no problems. I was told that they have others(Jeeps) in the area with the same problem and they are fixing them also. You have to get mad!!!!!
  • cowsnmorecowsnmore Posts: 3
    The dealer has been replacing the stabilizer with no questions asked, it is just a pain in the neck when I have to take the time to drive 40 minutes one way to the dealer and figure on spending 2 hours waiting for them to do the work. Especially when I told them that both my jeep and my son's (who bought his a week after I did) had the same problem and they tried to tell me that they can't understand because they checked with Jeep and noone else has had to replace it more than the original time. I tried to tell them, that maybe it's something else causing it to go bad.
  • erickplerickpl Posts: 2,735
    If you guys had some kind of TSB # it would ease the process.

I still think a steering stabilizer is a bandaid and that there is more to the problem than this. A properly set up steering really doesn't need a stabilizer.

I personally think Jeep is trying to cover a deeper issue.

-Paul
  • colorado1974colorado1974 Posts: 177
    Why is it that these morons bash the Wrangler for it's driving mannerisms when:

1. they fail to mention how terrible the tow capacity is on a Porsche 911.
    2. The dismal fuel economy of a Peterbuilt.
    3. How cramped a Lotus is for anybody over 5' tall.
    4. The atrocious cargo capacity of a Miata.

Some things are obvious. Why is it that this Jeep was torn apart for things it was never designed to be good at? I drive a Jeep and could never be happier every single minute in my bumpy, noisy, poor handling Wrangler. When the top and doors are off, NOT A SINGLE THING IN THE WORLD COMPARES.
  • porscheagporscheag Posts: 3
    I myself have an '08 Unlimited Rubicon and consider it an SUV. It is a Sport-Utility-Vehicle. There are many other "mainstream SUVs" out there that aren't capable of any type of off-roading or trail riding due to their excessive weights and/or low clearance which leaves the "sport" part out of SUV. My SUV can go offroad and demolish almost anything that tries to follow. It can also haul cargo including my MTN bikes, Jet Skies, & Kayak. It can also seat 5 and drive in any type of weather you throw at it.
    Now tell me, why don't you guys consider it an SUV again?
  • porscheagporscheag Posts: 3
    If you choose to make decisions in your life like these because of the Consumer Reports says, I feel bad for you. You must live a very boring, dull life. Consumer reports is the worst publication out in my opinion. Full of inaccuracies and bad opinions.
    I read that article you mentioned about a month after I baught my Rubicon. I almost laughed out loud after reading it. It just goes to show how little experience they have when it comes to reviewing anything other than toasters and dishwashers. Im so happy I wasn't like you and made my vehicle buying decision based on what CR wrote. I'm having a great time with my Jeep and plan to keep it at the end of my term.image
  • Twits! What other vehicle on earth can be immediately cruised with the top off? Doors off! Windshield down on the beach?

What other vehicle can, in stock form, pass level 2 trails with ease? Only 1.

Thank the automotive gods that Jeep didn't make just another SUV, cause that's what the world needs (thankyou thankou thankyou!). Xterra? Please. It's not even in the . . . ahh who cares, not worth the words. The FJ, hmm, not bad, nice engine, cool looks, but IFS? Not good. Gimme 2 solid axles, a bumpy ride, the wind in my hair and a unshakable smile. You clearly don't get it.
  • ibjeepribjeepr Posts: 1
    Highway noise too loud? It's a convertable, FJ and others ar not and no you can not compare the hard top to a non convertable either.

Handling and Performance poor? Could be picked up a notch but weaker off roader's such as FJ and others will always be better. I opt towards off-road prowess regardless of how much time i spend on road.

How about you bash a miata for its poor off-road ability but excellent on road feel. Frankly, I'll keep my '08 Wrangler 2 door. There is room for improvement on road but it still kicks any ugly FJ or other soft roaders a$$.
  • albookalbook Posts: 1,282
    I understand that road performance isn't great, but let's not even bring the Nissan or Toyota into this. Those vehicles don't even commpare in capability to what the Wrangler can do. And neither looks as good.
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 11,587
    If you choose to make decisions in your life like these because of the Consumer Reports says, I feel bad for you. You must live a very boring, dull life. Consumer reports is the worst publication out in my opinion. Full of inaccuracies and bad opinions.

I agree. How could you trust them? They even recommend Bose speakers. I'm at the point where I thoroughly reconsider my opinion if CR likes something that I like...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport / 2014 M235i / 1999 Wrangler / 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2009 Cooper Clubman Son's: 2009 328i

• adamgreenadamgreen Posts: 2
    Much as I enjoyed renting the "Unlimited," it's real limitations were obvious before we got to the beach, let alone off road or the various excursions on sealed roads at anything above 30 mph.

Jeep has not yet figured out how to build a "soft roader" and while this Unlimited idea is a great objective, it misses on the "Trail Rated" side of things (it doesn't get along the Rubicon very well at all) and it's not a fun way to get to the trail head to start the journey.

I look forward to Jeep putting the best of all there vehicles together to bring the Unlimited to a point where it deserves the reputation of the brand.
This discussion has been closed.