Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Audi A3 Transmission Problems

1235»

Comments

• Hi Smithy10
    your solution could solve our problem, we are in Warrington.
    thanks
  • We're a outs are you based
  • If so can you message me have the transmission fault, im in NW uk as well.
  • cjpowell842cjpowell842 Alabama Posts: 1
    edited May 2
    I bought a 2007 A3 30 days ago.  Drove great and was at a stop sign coming off of the interstate when without any warning the PRNDS lights began to flash, vehicle RPM’s climbed to 5k then bucked.  Eased over to gas station and put it into park. The gear shift would move from P to ND and S but gears would not take.  The vehicle stays in Park even when you shift into N. Local privately owned repair shop says it needs a new transmission.  I’m debating on whether to tow it to dealership 45 miles away for second opinion. Any thoughts? 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 119,874

I bought a 2007 A3 30 days ago.  Drove great and was at a stop sign coming off of the interstate when without any warning the PRNDS lights began to flash, vehicle RPM’s climbed to 5k then bucked.  Eased over to gas station and put it into park. The gear shift would move from P to ND and S but gears would not take.  The vehicle stays in Park even when you shift into N. Local privately owned repair shop says it needs a new transmission.  I’m debating on whether to tow it to dealership 45 miles away for second opinion. Any thoughts? 

How many miles on the car?

A bad transmission might total it.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator