Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently leased or purchased a Lexus sedan or SUV? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by Wednesday, December 19 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.
Have you recently purchased (not leased) a subcompact sedan (such as a Toyota Yaris, Honda Fit, Chevy Sonic or Ford Fiesta)? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by Wednesday, December 26 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.
If you experience loading issues with the login/register form, please completely disable ad blocker or use an incognito or in-private window to log in.

Jeep Liberty Starting and Stalling Problems

1234568»

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 62,424
    Well if he's willing to refund your money if that doesn't fix the problem, then let him do it. Maybe he's done this already, but I'd check the signal from the ignition switch to the starter solenoid (relay) during this no-crank condition. If there's no signal, then look elsewhere than the starter and/or starter solenoid.

On your Jeep, the solenoid sits atop the starter but unfortunately it is serviced as a unit with the starter, looks like. That's rather annoying.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Share Your Vehicle Reviews Here

• laredokiddlaredokidd Posts: 1
    edited April 16
    I’ve had nothing but problems using AutoZone sensors. All of my problems were corrected with OEM crank position sensor’s and cam position sensor’s. Duralast has been bad out of the box at times. Making me think I was addressing the wrong problem, and spending more money on other parts of the car. So whenever possible use the OEM sensors.
1234568»