Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Jeep Liberty Electrical and Lighting Problems

18910111214»

Comments

• shodan85shodan85 Posts: 1
    edited October 2017
    I have a 2011 Jeep Liberty. I'm just noticing that I have lost all function to the button panel below the hvac controls (seat warmer, hazard, traction control). I recently replaced my factory 12v outlet with a dual USB port (which still works). Everything seems to be plugged in correctly (I think), but there is no power going to any of those buttons. 
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    You mean a dual port USB charger?
  • nikkichickienikkichickie Utah Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Jeep Liberty that I bought in October 2014 with around 50,000 miles on it and have loved it. My first car, mom helped me co-sign on it. Everything was going great on it until a year or two ago it started going down hill. My headlights and tail lights went out about a year or two ago which we replaced. But we had to replace the whole tail light piece, the tail light assembly. So maybe about a year ago, I was driving down the highway and the traction control light will come on as I’m driving and slow the car down. I had to physically turn it off. It will still do that once in a while. But now after this winter, the 4 wheel drive “part time” light won’t turn off. So that’s on all the time. Sometimes as I’m driving down the road, my car will go “ding” and ALL the dash lights will come on at once, like an exclamation point, a red ABS light, some yellow light looks like a battery, all the lights. Now, my left headlight is completely out, my right headlight is dimming to almost out, so I have no headlights unless I use my fog lights which I do. Even my brights don’t work. And, both my brake lights are out. Thank God the little brake bar at the top works. And we’ve been told that there’s no bulb to replace in the headlight, so we have to replace the whole headlight piece which is like 60$ and you have to order it in. And now, it sounds like [non-permissible content removed] trying to start, barely wanting to start. Sounds like “eh eh eh” and then it starts. And there’s a constant yellow light that looks like a battery that won’t turn off now. Thinking its the starter or alternator that’s out. I mean seriously, the brake lights and head lights are CONSTANTLY going out on this thing and the dash lights not going off and sometimes all lighting up at once is ridiculous. Any suggestions?