Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 Leather Seats

jmujmu Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Toyota
I have been told by a dealer that it is almost impossible to get a 2007 RAV4 Limited with leather seats due to some major problem at Toyota with the subsupplier. Has anyone else heard of this issue. They are stating delviery Feb 07.

Comments

• jimd4jimd4 Member Posts: 877
    I looked at dozens and dozens of RAV4s since Jan before I bought my 2007 Sport. I would say in NY I saw maybe 4 with leather. This and watching various dealer stocks on the net. Considering that the Limited is such a small part of RAV4 production, leather seems impossible to find.

Do not know the reason. You can get great looking aftermarket leather on the RAV4 for about $1300. I have seen several and they beat the factory leather hands down.
  • phanatic06phanatic06 Member Posts: 7
    I just took delivery of my '07 RAV4 with heated aftermarket leather seats and I have to agree with jimd4 that the quality of the leather is far superior to the factory leather. It's thicker and more supple. They also add a layer of foam which adds some more cushion. I only paid an extra $1300.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I was thinking about aftermarket leather but don't know enough about the trim lines to know if you can get all the other options you may want by skipping the Limited model.
    So get a limited and add aftermarket leather. The Limited has a few things you cannot get in base or sport. Auto A/C, power seat are the two biggest ones. Toyota only gives you one seat with power!
    Did you get leather, heated seats and extra padding for $1300? Great deal.
  • fmzamoranodfmzamoranod Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone confirm whether installing aftermarket leather to a car where Airbags come out from the seats is dangerous or risky?

My dealer says that it is not, however, I heard someone else saying that it is.

Thanks a lot! :)
    The leather kits are made for the specific car with bags. The one I saw even had a lable on the side of the seat.
    If you get it done through your dealer your supposed to be covered on the leather with a warranty for the same period as the car:36/36K
  • jazz8jazz8 Member Posts: 1
    Is the aftermarket leather seats something the dealer does or you purchase somewhere else? :blush:
  • chief71chief71 Member Posts: 12
    Great question...I too would like to know the answer to this as I am considering a RAV4 Limited with leather.
  • beebee13beebee13 Member Posts: 38
    Ditto!!!
    sounds really nice!
    I'd actually like both front seats power as we often transport elderly, and this is an important option. ;)
  • capeguycapeguy Member Posts: 1
    I am taking delivery on a new RAV4 in a few days, cloth seats. We do want aftermarket leather, and would be interested in how you went about getting this? We live in Massachusetts. I see lots of 'do it yourself' leather on the web, just need to know how to get it installed.
  • banjolaya1banjolaya1 Member Posts: 88
    I got RAV4 4X4 V6 Base model but they offered third party custom leather that they install on your car later, after you take delievery. I got my leather on Friday (they take out the seats, strip down existing cloth and replace it with leather). They can do it for any Toyota, any model, any trim. Just ask about it. The leather feels very rich and it is much better than Honda CR-V original factory leather. (Or factory Toyota leather for that matter.) And make sure you lump the sum with your price and negotiate for the whole deal otherwise you'd be paying whatever you negotiate for the car + MSRP for leather ($1,300). That's without heated seats. So you don't actually have to get Sport or Limited RAV4 in order to get leather. You can buy the most basic (the cheapest) RAV4 and have them put in the leather afterwards. I can tell you I am very happy with the leather. It is not like Toyota original - it is better! I love it. And they match factory color too. I love it. It is niiiiiceeee...
  • ktw39ktw39 Member Posts: 3
    Lets make sure I am understanding the leather aspect. You buy whatever trim with cloth seats. After they get the RAV 4 they install "better" leather for $1,300. Non airbag leather seats are a $1,050 option; so for an additonal $250 you get better leather? Ok, works for me. :)
  • ktw39ktw39 Member Posts: 3
    I know there are people with Leather questions so I did some painstaking research and this is what I found. Good Luck.(-_-)

http://www.katzkin.com/05/FC/mainFS.html
    http://ayarinc.com/english/index.htm
    http://www.shopsar.com (New York Only)
    http://www.autoleathers.com/HTML2/AL.MAIN.FS.html (Up To 2005)http://www.ericksontrim.com/leather.html (Wisconsin Only)
    http://www.sure-fit.com/Leather.htm (Virginia Only)
    http://www.prestigestyle.com/products/leather/leather-toyotarav4.htm (California,Nevada and Washington)
  • saversaver Member Posts: 4
    have 07 limited v6 with leather. anyone know if a power passenger seat is available?
  • bc5bc5 Member Posts: 1
    I'm planning to buy a Rav4 07 in July...but it seems that Rav4 did not come with Nav system. My question is that in 08 will the Rav4 come out with the Nav like the Honda Crv? Any one know?? I really dont want to buy after market Nav...thank you
  • easy2t2easy2t2 Member Posts: 31
    I am at the point of ordering a RAV4 Ltd with Ash leather. However, I have not seen the vehicle inside because none of the dealers in my area has it in stock. Almost a blind purchase. A couple of questions for those with leather seats. Are the seats any different in size if ordered with leather? also, doors panel come with leather inserts as well? it seems leather is added to all vehicles aftewards (I was told by one dealer), is that so? thanks for the input...
  • saversaver Member Posts: 4
    seats appear to be the same as cloth. the door armrest panel is done in the same material. mine was a factory order with the heated seats
  • cbmortoncbmorton Member Posts: 252
    I believe the seats are the same regardless of leather/cloth, although some have said they felt one was firmer than the other. The door panel material is made out of vinyl, not leather, but it's a decent match.
  • easy2t2easy2t2 Member Posts: 31
    Thanks for input guys. I think I would do the strech and get Blizzrd White with Ash leather, altough it would be aftermarket b/c leather is not an option with 3rd seats.

Any dissapointment out there regarding after market leather (dealer installed)??
  • wavegrlwavegrl Member Posts: 27
    I'm about to buy RAV4 Limited and I am curious about after-market leather. Can you get heated leather seats after market or just leather seats? I really want the heated seats as well. It's cold here in southeastern Mass....Thanks!
  • firesky1firesky1 Member Posts: 15
    I have a dog (standard poodle - no shedding) and am about to buy a RAV4 I would like to get the leather option. Is this a good idea?

firesky
  • annalisaannalisa Member Posts: 1
    I want to ditch the black plastic on my 07 RAV4 grill and door handles with chrome. I have had no problems finding chrome door handles, but have been unable to find a chrome grill, except for some gangster style mesh one that I didn't like at all. Anyone know where I can get one?
This discussion has been closed.